NO YOU DIE

[eliminate] digital AMBER

HEY LOOK A DEFORMED E

IS THIS MAKING IT EASIER SMELLISTAR

All round chaos ensues. 🤦‍♂️

Venus' hunch based on weird texts is better than nothing at least. 🤔

Thus, I'm gonna press on with it. 

Vote: NickCrash

Bean's kidding us BTW. I recommend BeAn to visit the server trip down lane smh. Refer to either Dive or Lia's post containing the link.

@Venus

I'm sorry but that accusation of yours is illogical.

You receive your role at the same time you receive your alignment. When I posted that, I included myself, since I hadn't received my role yet.

Let's assume I'm mafia, just for the sake of the argument.

1) Why on earth would I post this on the general chat, instead of the private one mafia members have? 

Reminding everyone that the uninformed majority needs to make use of everything they got is in town's favor.

2) Votes are secret. Thus they can be changed and nobody will ever know. 

Mafias will try to push for their members to get in, anyway.Reminding people to be more careful might help a townie who doesn't really care about the vote or cant' see how to make use of what they can.
We should also consider the possibility that the "open votes" can easily be efforts from mafia members to influence others into voting their own.

Now on to elaboration.

It makes sense for the King to think twice before voting, as they also get to pick one themselves, by bypassing the vote entirely.

From my (short) experience with previous mafia games, there are roles that can create private chats, assist specific members and find alignment. There is a multitude of plans one can make in order to assist the KC, find out with certainty the members alignment, and even protect the ones you trust. In previous games some even had secret chats with specific others from the start of the game.

Therefore, the role matters for any town member, as we can always assume with good probability who is going to be on the council, based on member's popularity. 

While some roles might not affect this in any way, others could (eg investigator checks A who declares they'll vote for B)

Now. It's unsettling that you are trying to form a bandwagon on me on D1.

However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll take it that you are trying hard to find hints, since we de facto have no better alternative.

You could also be trying to get a reaction out of me (as you've done so in the past with other players), or so hints the "haha" reaction to my post.

At the same time though, it's more unsettling that Paul was this eager to jump into my bandwagon, simply by trusting your words.

So, while you Venus might be still town, Paul's more scumlean.

[Unvote] Alphagar

[Eliminate] Paul

edit: added colour because people might not read a dull grey text, and this is important.

31 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

@Venus

I'm sorry but that accusation of yours is illogical.

You receive your role at the same time you receive your alignment. When I posted that, I included myself, since I hadn't received my role yet.

Let's assume I'm mafia, just for the sake of the argument.

1) Why on earth would I post this on the general chat, instead of the private one mafia members have? 

Reminding everyone that the uninformed majority needs to make use of everything they got is in town's favor.

2) Votes are secret. Thus they can be changed and nobody will ever know. 

Mafias will try to push for their members to get in, anyway.Reminding people to be more careful might help a townie who doesn't really care about the vote or cant' see how to make use of what they can.
We should also consider the possibility that the "open votes" can easily be efforts from mafia members to influence others into voting their own.

Now on to elaboration.

It makes sense for the King to think twice before voting, as they also get to pick one themselves, by bypassing the vote entirely.

From my (short) experience with previous mafia games, there are roles that can create private chats, assist specific members and find alignment. There is a multitude of plans one can make in order to assist the KC, find out with certainty the members alignment, and even protect the ones you trust. In previous games some even had secret chats with specific others from the start of the game.

Therefore, the role matters for any town member, as we can always assume with good probability who is going to be on the council, based on member's popularity. 

While some roles might not affect this in any way, others could (eg investigator checks A who declares they'll vote for B)

Now. It's unsettling that you are trying to form a bandwagon on me on D1.

However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll take it that you are trying hard to find hints, since we de facto have no better alternative.

You could also be trying to get a reaction out of me (as you've done so in the past with other players), or so hints the "haha" reaction to my post.

At the same time though, it's more unsettling that Paul was this eager to jump into my bandwagon, simply by trusting your words.

So, while you Venus might be still town, Paul's more scumlean.

[Unvote] Alphagar

[Eliminate] Paul

edit: added colour because people might not read a dull grey text, and this is important.

I think this is actually a really good point, but I want to hear more from Paul first.

3 posts uh?

"I see some people have not received their roles yet. I suggest to refrain from voting until you get yours."

"2) Votes are secret. Thus they can be changed and nobody will ever know."

In that case, why did you suggest to refrain from voting?

Not enough to vote for you at the moment so

[Eliminate] Corso

@Corso

I asked them to refrain completely from lynching, because I misunderstood the D1 rule. 

As for the voting on the King's Council, I said that it's better to first see your roles, and then vote. I explain why above.

Mafia would change their if they found out they voted for a non-maf. 

Town don't have the luxury of knowing who's with them, so they'd be going in blind, and probably won't be changing their votes.

If I had to guess, it's to stay neutral in any confrontation, @L'Belle. Similar thing happened in a previous game (Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade, IIRC).

With regards, to my vote, I'm inclined to trust Venus, who I feel was less convinced of Nick's guilt and more trying to get a response, in order to assist with scumhunting (Feel free to contradict me on this). Equally, I feel that Nick's arguments present a solid case for, if not him being town explicitly, then at least him not being mafia for the reason Venus accused him of being one. 

However, I am suspicious of how readily Paul supported the vote given the comparatively weak framing, so, in order to get a more reasoned explanation (and because the vote is mandatory anyway), I'm voting to [Eliminate] Paul25. 

Edited by Roswell
Clarified previous mafia game

Sorry everyone...I passed out completely...I didn't even know we started.

Um...can someone explain to me the pros and cons of the court? I haven't done a Mafia game with one before I don't think. x.x

🤦‍♂️

Arguments against scumlean:

Did my vote matter a lot? For clarity's sake, does it mean that an another vote is going to eliminate Nick? Wait, does it even meant that Nick is unwilling to get a vote on himself  just for he have to deal with some significant stuffs? 

May or maynot be. Idk.

I thought we have the latitude to place your vote on whomever we suspect. All in all, it's not necessarily true that joining a other bw will result in scum-ish perception. In fact, I find your that slashed text suspicious too by proposing us not to move without any info.

Why so?

Is it because that there's every prospectual possibility of lynching a town or is it a plan to detain us?

Eh, enough questions to argue that scumlean. 

Fine, very well let's suppose that we should not join a hunch based bw to prove ourself an opportunist trying to place an easy mafia sort of vote. So why is your seconder joining your bw by agreeing with you?

Since I commited something amiss so should he follow my footstep too?

Ig that enough's arguments to prove my innocence. In case it's not (since it could very well be a fallacy or Smth similar) never mind. You may do whatever you all think is moral.

Whatever, IDC not If all the players determine to execute me. However, bear in mind that it'd be just like any other loss especially for towns.

Alright, I noticed it now. Earlier I overlooked it.

''Town don't have the luxury of knowing who's with them, so they'd be going in blind, and probably won't be changing their roles''

Inference: I didn't exactly comprehend the last line as I'm too dumb to get the meaning.

We won't be altering our roles? Huh you meant votes probably!

So probably you should not have too changed your vote without enough evidence and info.

:thinking: 😕

You thought it was the end of Day 1, but it was I, DIO! just another update because Dive decided to give you another 24h before the phase ends.

VOTE COUNT

Sosobean: 4 (Jace, Alaris, Newt, Filthy)

Mr. Knightly: 2 (Amine Chankey, Megagun)

Walpurgis: 2 (YinYang, Sailboat)

NickCrash: 2 (Venus, Paul25)

Paul25: 2 (NickCrash, Roswell)

Lord Drakyle: 1 (Mr. Knightly)

Jace Stormkirk: 1 (DigitalAmber)

Sailboat: 1 (Walpurgis)

Hypurr: 1 (LykosHand)

Candy: 1 (CrimsonDragon)

Pcmay: 1 (L'Belle)

DigitalAmber: 1 (Sosobean)

Corso: 1 (Corso)

LykosHand: 1 (Hypurr)

L'Belle: 1 (Pcmay)

Alaris: 1 (Candy)

Not voted yet: Lord Drakyle, Alphagar, Purplecicada

POST COUNT

Need 1 more post: Venus, Amine, YinYang, Pcmay

Need 2 more posts: Corso, Alphagar, Purplecicada, Hypurr

Not posted yet: @Lord Drakyle

Everyone else has already posted 3 times or more.

Remember kids, 3 posts per day phase, lynching is mandatory, voting for the King's court is also mandatory (we're still missing a bunch of votes) and done via discord. Have fun!