[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

"Listen, if you have a death wish, just say so. Seriously, how many times do you have to hear 'this place is extremely dangerous even to people who know what the hell is going on' before it gets through your thick-ass skull that maybe running around the streets alone in the middle of the night is a bad idea?" Kusuke sighed. He was starting to think that not having teammates up to this point might've been a good thing. "Now cut it out before I cuff you. And good luck getting them off, since I'm pretty sure the Librarium doesn't exist here."

"Because we're still figuring out where everyone is going, and while two people is still significantly safer than one, I need information and someone I can trust to not chase a cat down an alley instead of making sure I don't accidentally drown myself trying to rewind something too huge to deal with." He sighed. "And showing off is the exact opposite of what we're doing. Do you not know what 'subtle' means?"

"I'm Mirri of Clan Av.  Mandalorian Supercommando, professional pilot and mercenary," Mirri introduces herself, "My ship is an X-Wing starfighter, a general purpose combat craft.  If I call it in, we're almost certain to be noticed, but it can carry a few passengers as long as I take things low and slow.  On the other hand, my people have a saying.  It's one thing to see us coming.  It's a whole different matter to do something about it.  While I fully support destroying these gangs, there aren't a lot of us, and not all of us are soldiers.  There's got to be an alternative.  Maybe if we did something about those boats?  I could try to improvise some heavy ordinance to clear it out, if I had more supplies.  Aih, I wish I'd brought more proton torpedoes."

"Nice to meet you. For now, yeah, lets just go take care of the boats, get the ferry up and running or whatever." Harry stepped off down the road, in the direction of the docks, looking back to make sure people were following. "Floaty man, Proditor was it? Can you detect other people's minds? We want to know if anyone is approaching or watching us. Maybe what they're thinking of this festival of misfits."

"I'd rather we not blow them to pieces just yet. I can probably bring a few of them back into working condition even if I can't get the tanker." He stuck his hands in his hoodie's pockets as he turned to follow the doctor. "Come to think of it, I don't think I ever got your name. Sorry about that, it's not very polite to start drilling people with questions without even introducing yourself."

"You cant just go around mind reading evreyone around you! But uh..yha do the detection thing."

Lilly thinks for a moment.

"Can you teach me to detect minds?......Also I wouldent need to chase a cat. The cat would come to me. That's kinda what I do."

One has to wonder if she's doing this on purpose.

Edited by Endlessblaze

The short Rokugani architect had been hanging roughly around the rear of the group as they traveled through the streets, still looking halfway stunned as she looked around at the buildings and the scenery, her brush flying on her notepad (mostly just noting the feats she was seeing; she was very far from being able to figure out how they work), still with a fairly dreamy expression on her face. Really, Satomi was practically in heaven. The others kept talking about this area being a "shithole", or run down, and in fairness Satomi had noted that much of it seemed poorly maintained, especially the sunken ships... but that didn't change the fact that the technology and architecture on display here played mightily to her curiosity; she had not been lying when she said it was beautiful. Those buildings, stretching into the sky... Satomi let out a little dreamy sigh.

The thunderous arrival of a new figure, and the fight that almost broke out immediately afterwards, finally snapped Satomi out of her reverie, as she had started hurriedly putting her note supplies back into her kimono, and drew her katana out of its sheath once the native of this world put gravel between them and the new figure. While it turned out to be unnecessary, evidently adter putting away her sword Satomi decided she had written enough, because she didn't take her notepad, pen, or ink out. Instead, she just evidently was thinking of something. "Hmm... I was mistakenly asked if I was "Japanese" earlier, and it was mentioned that these, uh, "Asian Bad Boys" were targeting "Asians", including "Japanese". I want to ask: what is an Asian?"

Edited by Powder Miner

"Probably people from nearby areas? Since they're apparently close to Japanese in looks but are named differently... We should probably keep you away from them either way. As much as I'm interested in disrupting this "Empire 88" having a teammate forced into prostitution isn't good.... Not that there's anything wrong with prostitution in general, it's a very respectable career."

Arminius wags his finger as he ends off his sentence.

Edited by kj1225

The figure takes a moment to collect themself and then approaches the closest person who seems to have a grip on things - namely Kusuke. (Their footsteps are kind of loud and not at all subtle.)

"You, there. Young one. We are in Earth Bet right now, is that correct?" Their voice is muffled somewhat by their helmet, but loses none of its imposition. 

After the shattering of reality Frigus crossed his arms and stepped back, simply listening to what everyone was saying.  Two things caught his attention the most, first the man who had insulted him earlier talked of his home-world and spoke of a man perhaps a king who let the darkness of hatred and power loose on his heart and now was leading a crusade across the land killing all who stood in the way, no wonder he'd been so on edge.  Second the woman with foil skin? armor? spoke of the state of this world in more detail and so it suddenly made far more sense why they were sent here.  Entire cities full of people who's hearts were taken by darkness?  No wonder they needed help.

He then looked up, wrenched out of his train of thought by the loud crashing noise.  He started to approach the edge of the alleyway where most of the group seemed to be loitering, he then generally spoke to anyone who seemed competent enough to not run towards death "What ever we do we need to get somewhere out of the open before someone decides they don't like us in our current number of pieces"

The Ambassador adjusted his cloak once more before he disappeared into an incomprehensible mess once more. He would spend the entirety of the trip over to the docks just a couple of steps behind Harry and everyone else who seemed like they knew where they were going.

"I think so? I'm not a native. I take it you got sent with us to clean the place up a little?" He looked the figure up and down. Ten feet tall, plate armor. Even bigger than the Red Devil, though probably not as dangerous. "My name is Kigane Kusuke, if you were wondering. Or just Kusuke, I don't actually know where you're from but you don't sound very Japanese." Not that Japan really existed any more, though the people lived on. A bit less with Ikaruga gone. but still around. 

"Pfah, I wouldn't worry too badly about these "Asian Bad Boys". Even if I were alone, I am a samurai, after all. And I'm not one of those wimpy Crane women, either, I'm a Crab! We're the toughest clan of them all. They wouldn't find it very easy to force me into being a courtesan." Satomi still couldn't help but shudder a little at the thought; the sheer shame and dishonor of such a fate would be terrible. Still, she was confident in her assessment, especially in as large and seemingly powerful a team as this. Especially with the giants that were on the team, evidently; she came up to the chest of this "Jun" person, and the new arrival was probably literally twice as tall as she was. Well, the measurements worked out in her head, anyway.

After a couple more moments of thought, she turned to Somatotrope. "Hummm... you've listed the main potential enemies and obstacles for us to work with, here, but do you know of any potential allies that we could have, or anywhere that we could find lodging? I think we might end up throwing ourselves into things too hastily if we don't know either of these things."

In response to Kusuke's apology, Harry turned to him with a somewhat bemused expression. He considered a moment before speaking. "Look kid--Kusuke, don't worry about it. Of the habits you can have, asking metric ton of questions is not by any means the worst. Hell, I've got a friend who's worse than you are with that, we still keep him around. Anyway, the name's Harry Walters. Surgeon, battlefield experience, so I know how to tote a rifle, fiddle with comms a bit, and drive Strafe Pod." When Harry mentioned his battle field experience, he tapped a small black and white badge on his shoulder portraying the silhouette of a diving falcon.

As they continued, Harry overheard Satomi's questions, and called out to give his own two cents. "Arms is right, as far as I know. Might be a bit different in my world, but Asia's a continent. The specific areas that this gang probably targets are in East Asia: Japan, Korea, China. And Japan is the place where samurai would come from in our world."

Edited by Strider

"Well... right. The only ones like Rokugani samurai are Rokugani samurai, though. I guess that I would be one of the targets that these "Asian Bad Boys" tend to choose, then. I will have to be prepared to fight should we come across them. Oh, well, it is in the nature of a samurai to be prepared for such situations anyway!" Satomi suddenly cut off, quiet as she kept walking but instead thought about something for a little while, her middle finger on the ridge of her eyebrow while her pointer finger tapped at her temple.

"Hummmmmmm... that reminds me of something I was going to ask. How should we deal with the fact that we're from other realm? Me, for example... this realm that we're in, Earth Bet is literally beyond my wildest dreams. If you want me to pretend that I'm one of the foreig-- er, one of these Japanese kinds of samurai, I don't know how well I would do. I get the feeling I'm going to be having a lot of difficulties here... but on the other hand, if we just say that we're from different realms, people will probably not believe us and helping them will become more difficult..."

In response to Harry's question, Proditor nodded his head, "Yes, I am capable of detecting the minds of others" he replied, part of his own mind already being focused on that simple task, though he had to release his hold on Lilly in order to not tire himself out, all while moving to follow Harry and the others, dropping a bit closer to the ground to it was harder to detect that he was floating. After a little bit though, his head turned towards Lilly, "I do not plan to read the minds of everyone around me. That would be unnecessary. But, if you have psionic capabilities, detecting the presence of other lifeforms should be no problem. Once we have the time, I would have no complaints teaching you how to accomplish that task."

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"Gwyn, huh? So what do you do? We've all been going around listing off our capabilities, I figure I should ask." He narrowed his eyes almost imperceptibly as he looked over the figure again. Creepy. . . No visible flesh, inhuman size. . . was this Gwyn a construct?

"I... am not sure exactly how to describe it. I suppose the easiest way is to say I can alter my self at will, which changes my strengths, weaknesses, and abilities to match. Like so."

Gwyn extends their hand and shouts, "Class Change!" With a flash of light that envelops their entire body, they change in an instant. Their armor - already impressively large before - is even bulkier, looking like a person-shaped armored vehicle or some sort of advanced robot. However, their lance is now rather smaller than it was.

"This is my Defender class. In it, my defenses are increased, but my speed and attack power are lowered."

"I see. . ." He sighed. They were doing a superb job of not drawing attention to themselves, what with the giant robot(?) clattering to the ground and then transforming with bright flashes of light like this was some kind of magical girl show. Though at least Gwyn didn't seem to be intent on charging headfirst into death like certain people. "Good to know, I guess. My Drive lets me move around more freely in space and time - mostly time. I can shift other people and things, too." The transformation wasn't doing a whole lot for his comfort around this particular individual, either. This was going to be a long excursion. . .

It was at that point that Frigus would perhaps notice an oddly familiar sound of someone coughing repeatedly right behind him. Although if he actually bothered to look behind him he would just feel slightly unsettled by nothing in particular, because there would seem to be nothing and no one standing close behind him.

Frigus whipped around to see...nothing?  Odd, he could have sworn he just heard someone.  He straitened up, crossed his arms again, and spoke generally to the empty space behind him, "Very funny joke.  Now would you please stop, the lot of us are on enough of an edge as it is."

When he finished speaking he turned back around and continued walking with the group.

Arminius shrugs at the inquiry of Satomi.

"It's probably best if you, as we say where I'm from, fake it until you make it. Basically, if you pretend to know what you're doing, no one will question you about it."

He pauses to think for a bit before turning to face the short woman again.

"By the way, since you mentioned the possible differences of Samurai from your world, mind if I ask some more questions about them?"