[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

"Uhh, Rules of Engagement, Let me check." She flips through more papers as Harry asks his question.

"Anonymity seems to be the shield that Heroes and Villains operate under, Don't attack them in their uncostumed identity, do not attempt to unmask them, do not attempt to kill, where possible, don't go after their family.  It is a world which mirrors most Earths which possess a large human population, with the main difference being what is referred to as "Cape Culture", or the dynamics caused by the appearance of superpowered individuals.  If your file is correct, you, being from a version of Earth, should be fine on most other fronts."

"Oh! Do not reveal your origins in Switzerland, that country has been destroyed by a creature known as an Endbringer, whose power allows them to turn any human being into a sleeper agent who, when they become active, attempts to cause mass death and destruction."

"It's a vehicle that flies through the air," Mirri explains, mentally bringing her expectations of the others' technology level down a few dozen pegs. "There are several different kinds of flying vehicle, and starships are the ones that can fly the highest.  My weapon?  It launches bolts of energy that can stun or blow holes in others.  Very useful in a pinch, though of course it's a mark of great skill if you never need to fire it."

"Anonymity?  No problem.  You can have my helmet off when you pry it from my cooling corpse," Mirri declares, "And of course you never go after family.  That's the height of cowardice and dishonor.  No killing?  Well, I suppose you're the boss."  She flicks a switch on her rifle.  "Blasters set to stun.  But if they don't get the message from the nonlethals, I'm escalating.  There's no point in getting paid if you're dead.  Big bad dark-sider messing with people's heads?  Wouldn't be the first time.  I can deal.  

"But I have to ask, Doctor.  Why do you keep calling the planet 'Ground'?  There's no way anyone would name their home world something that dumb."

Edited by DragonRage

"Heroes and Villains are distinct from their civilian identities. Don't mention Switzerland yada yada. Is the Endbringer still around, and are there estimates on the number of agents this being currently has?"

As the Doctor spoke, Harry was mentally jotting down an abbreviated version of her briefing. Hopefully he could pass this along to those who were talking amongst themselves. "What type of doc are you? Ivory tower, or an actual medical professional or what?"

Satomi couldn't help but wince at the sudden amount of attention she was receiving, though she had to admit she had probably brought it upon herself. Satomi wasn't the antisocial wreck she had been in her younger years before her gempukku and her Yasuki friend got her out of it, but having all of this attention from all of these gaijin was still more than she could really handle completely comfortably -- especially with that thing flying near her. It really didn't look like any oni she had ever seen (oni were hideous, after all, with near to no exception), but that didn't change the fact that were she on the Wall, a strange flying creature would probably be trying to latch onto her face and tear it off, or something like that.

Then, of course, she was barraged with questions. She could answer those, at least, because they weren't very complicated questions. "Um... no. I'm not Japanese... actually, I don't even know what a Japanese is, matter of fact. I am Rokugani, from the Emerald Empire of Rokugan. Is this Japa, or Japan, whichever one is right, a land past the gaijin countr-- er, past Thrane and Merenae? Are you from Thrane or Merenae? Your skin tone would match such." She paused, and then answered another question. "Yes, I am a samurai of the Crab Clan. I'm not a bushi, but I am one of the engineers of the Wall, who are every bit as vital to my Clan's vital task!"

She paused again and listened to the woman named Doctor, letting out a quiet "hmmm". "Oh. None of this sounds familiar. We really are not from the same realms at all, are we? However that works..."

"There are 3 of these Endbringer creatures, None have yet been killed, and If I'm not mistaken, the issue is so dramatic that there are several cities that were quarantined in this manner, due to being compromised by the Simurgh, the Endbringer with Fine Telekinesis and near Omniscient Future Sight.  Do not fight these creatures as you are,  they routinely kill off several tens of heroes and villains per month, and no true victory has ever been achieved against them or their goals yet." She says simply.

"I used to study Multiversal Science and Neurology.  When I Encoded my mind and personality into the Ether, I had the choice of having that event be removed from time, or working to ends like the one I'm working towards here."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"...Three of these things?  Capable of destroying cities?  Never defeated?"  Mirri asks, "Do you think we could stop by my home world for a while first?  I might know a guy who could get us a Victory-class Star Destroyer if we play our cards right and put a lot of work in."

Arminus nods to her with a smile.

"Where I am from warriors of your kind are from Zinpangu. Very nice place from what I hear, was one of the first places to make Monsters official citizens... also the only country without the Chief God's dogs on their doorstep so..."

He shrugs.

Lilly has only one response for Mirri.
"How high are we talking? Because Ador and I can get pretty high up in union."

Said dragon sniffed Satiomi and, apparently satisfied. perched himself on top of her head. looking around.
He was a little heavy, but not unbearably so. its weight was almost comparable to a cat or small dog. only slightly heavier.

"As I mentioned, my time is running short, and your destination is pre-decided.  If a star destroyer from your world were to get involved at this point, it would be in combat with one of the Actual Trespassers."

"You are not expected to fight an Endbringer, certainly, and according to the projected timeline, you shouldn't end up dealing with them for a long while, and by then, you will hopefully have more worlds under your belt."

"Focus on solving some local issues at your destination, and obtaining a method of Interdimentional travel."

"15 Minutes now." she continues, as an afterthought.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Good to know.  I'd rather not fight something like that without heavy weapons support," Mirri says, "Local unrest and finding a transport?  Far more doable.

"My X-Wing can fly so high that any living flyer would pass out from lack of oxygen.  Faster too, since it doesn't get tired or have to worry about the limits of muscle power."

The Ambassador simply extended a hand towards Satomi in an attempt to offer a handshake before he said "Well it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Satomi, and...no I do not come from Rokugan".

After hearing everyone else out he would calmly walk somewhere the rest of the group could see him, and he introduced himself by saying "I am Ambassador Jun, and I feel that it would be in our best interests to state our names, affiliations, and skill sets once more to formally introduce ourselves to each other, and to allow us to be able to find out what this team's strengths and weaknesses are".

He suddenly cuts off as he starts to silently cough into his clenched right hand for a moment, and after a few moments had passed he continued by saying "This will allow us to organize ourselves in a way that will allow us to operate at maximum efficiency, and it will hopefully help to keep ourselves from dying horribly.".

Satomi replied to Arminius with raised eyebrows. "Wow. Where I come from, monsters are almost all corrupted by the taint of the Shadowlands and turned into horrible demons that are constantly trying to kill everyone and are only held back by constant warfare along the Kaiu Wall. It sounds like things are... different, for you, to be sure.

...oh, well, except for the Nezumi. But I would not call them monsters, they are good allies against said horrible oni and are a most valorous people. Not all of the other clans understand that though."

When the dragon decided to perch on Satomi's head, it drew an "Ack!" and a jump from Satomi, who promptly grabbed lightly at it and tried to pick it up off of her head.

Still, in the middle of this she managed to ask the woman a question. "Um, are we expected to pretend to be from this "Earth Bet" realm? If it is as different as the others' realms seem to me I imagine this would be quite difficult."

She didn't take Jun's handshake -- it seems that she is perhaps still a bit weirded out for physical contact. Plus she's prying a dragon off of her head.

Edited by Powder Miner

Arminius grabs Fingers by the top and hauls her up to point at her.

"Yeah, this would be a typical monster where I'm from. They mostly when they're causing trouble it's because they're interested in a guy or accidentally turning women into succubi."
Fingers looks on in impotent rage at her master before he sets her down.
"... I should probably explain before we get into a misunderstanding by the way. I've got a "Gift" from one of the daughters of the Demon queen that takes Spirit energy from especially strong opponents I defeat and uses it to make an ally. Outside of any personality quirks from their donor they should be completely friendly."

"My X-Wing mounts heavier versions of my rifle," Mirri states.  It's not like the T-65 X-Wing's technical specs aren't common knowledge, "Along with its defensive shields and armor, and enough engine power to break the sound barrier several times over.  However, it is not to my knowledge magical, and it does not fire healing beams.  Magic doesn't exist where I come from, though some people have gotten pretty close at times with what they can do with technology.

"I'm a very good fighter pilot, and I've got solid aim with a blaster, Ambassador" Mirri offers to the group at large, "I've got a lot of experience with urban combat, and assuming our hosts picked it up a state of the art general purpose starfighter to fly in.  My X-Wing is still nearly stock, but that means four laser cannons, a proton torpedo launcher, shields and armor sufficient to ignore small arms fire and resist anti-aircraft weapons, and enough engine power to go supersonic.  Assuming you aren't familiar with the class; it's still pretty new on the market.  I've got some training as an engineer and flight technician, so if I get a chance I may be able to improve it over the standard design."

"So... you summon avatars of some sort then."

Satomi turned to address the group as a whole, then.

"Right. My name is Satomi, and I come from the Kaiu family of the Crab Clan. My clan has held the borderlands near a tainted place known as the Shadowlands for centuries, and my family the Kaiu built and even now maintains the Wall that marks that border. I am a samurai, so I do have some martial training, and I have dabbled in iaijutsu, but I wouldn't really compare to a true bushi or duelist, to be frank. Uhm, my talents lie more in engineering, especially in construction of buildings or fortifications, and in the creation and operation of siege weapons. I have a particular talent for this, though I would be I imagine useful for more general artisan purposes as well, just not as much."

Satomi finds the dragon comes off with no resistance, it simply allows itself to be held, like a pet waiting to be sat down or cuddled. Its scales and crystal are smooth and its body is a little warm.

Lilly follows Jun’s example tearing her attention away from Mirri, and starts her introduction.
“Introductions and skills Hmm? I’m Lilly from the tribe of the forest of the eternal sun. I can stab things, heal people with magic, and make explosions inside people with magic. Not only that I can use the union spell to combine with Ador over there”
she points at Ador and the dragon gives a cute little sound.
“We share a constant Psychic link that transcends all distance. And I can talk to any animal or monster with animal like intelligence or greater. Wolves harassing your sheep? Ill talk them into keeping them safe.”
She smiles and all parties present feel something in there minds, her next words are not spoken, but heard by everyone in the room from within. “I can also use telepathy with anyone in close range.”
 Ador suddenly slips from the grasp of Satomi at the behest of some unheard command and begins to fly over to Lilly as she extends her arm. “As for that union spell I mentioned, ill give you all a demonstration”
She starts talking fast. Really fast, in a language only she and Ador understands, well. The people at the table might understand but that’s besides the point. The words meld together, the spell is so fast. Ador makes contact and the two are swallowed up by light and shimmering ribbons. Before emerging as one with a little twirl spreading their wings. They certainly look dazzling.
“This form allows us to use Our magic in different ways. For example, instead of creating magical explosions, we are able to channel that destructive energy through our body and strike multiple targets at once by breathing it as a destructive stream.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Mirri flinches like she's been punched in the helmet, producing a clanging sound as her head hits the wall behind her.  "...Please don't do whatever that was again without warning me first," She groans from between clenched teeth, "Rattled my shields real good.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasn't an attack since you haven't acted hostile before, but...  Seriously, ow."

Lilly, or rather the fusion of Lilly and Ador tilts there head
"Are you ok? that shouldn't hurt. Its just simple telepathy."
She? seems somewhat concerned by that.
"Hopefully we wont run into a situation where I need to send you a message like that, but we should probably look into this later"

Arminius shrugs at the samurai's question.
"I mean, normally avatars are a bit more useful from what I know. This one just eats my food and tries to hit people with a club if they annoy her."
Fingers smiles with pride at the description.

"Yup, me and my basha' will make yas think twice before messing with a goblin!"

Arminius looks amused at the statement for some reason. Probably because he's the one who took her out and, well, he's just a puny human.

Frigus stood and looked around at the...strange group.  This was certainly not what he meant when he wished for something more exciting than simple training.  He was going to get to see other worlds though so that was a bonus.  Though something wasn't right about what this doctor was saying, meddle in the affairs of other worlds? wasn't that the first thing they were taught not to do when visiting other worlds?

He stepped forward, the sound of metal on metal as the articulated plate armor that he wore from his left shoulder to left hand flexed as he walked, he had sharp facial features and short spiky pale blue-ish silver hair.  "Excuse me" He said, addressing the Doctor "I understand the responsibility I have to protect the worlds as a Keyblade wielder, but the Masters always taught us to never meddle in the affairs of worlds we aren't from and...isn't that exactly what you just told us to do?  To meddle in and change the course of other worlds?"

"Yes, you explained exactly what the purpose of this group is very nearly better than I myself have." She nods.

"I understand you keyblade wielders are a very traditional lot, but I hope your desire to preserve the worlds is greater than your desire to obey rules." She continues.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Simple telepathy?  In what galaxy is that sim-  I think I just answered my own question," Mirri realizes, "In my universe, simply communicating with that many minds at once would already put you in the top percentage of psychics alive.  I have some training to resist mental assault, and your 'simple' message felt like being hit by a battering ram."

"If you're going to be going to other worlds, why wouldn't you try your best to help them to begin with? If you need to meddle in their affairs a little then so be it, traditions and masters be damned."

Arminius' tone is a little sharp as he responds to the keyblade wielder. Can't be on a universe saving team and actually do it's job if everyone isn't on board with helping. The heavy armor and comment about tradition amoung the apparent organization of the man didn't make Arminus any more pleased.