[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

Somatotrope speaks, finally, slowly and carefully to Proditor.

"This is insane, I hope you realize.  In... Where I live, There's a Classification system, Shaker, Mover, Breaker, Trump, Brute, Master, Tinker, Blaster, Striker, so on."

"Masters with the ability to control others are a thing, so I'm having a very hard and terrifying time trying to not dismiss this as me being Mastered right now by some freak who can create hallucinations.  It is a much more reasonable explanation than..." she waves out to the party.

"Would probably be pretty simple to demonstrate on something inanimate, unless you've got something that requires life. Neurobiological control? It doesn't matter. Frigus, you said your name was? Maybe sometime I can tell you a bit about the history of my world. There aren't any clear answers there, but it might give some insights on the idea of imperialism, and interfering with a culture for their own good. Or not for their own good." Harry had a few more questions from the Doctor, and they came in a slightly annoyed tone. The Doctor hadn't done anything wrong, certainly, but he was used to recieving more complete and formal briefings, even when less information was known about the op. "Where on Earth Bet are we going to arrive? Do we have any contacts on the ground? Is interdimensional travel something we'll be able to find easily, or will we have to break into some government labs?"

Edited by Strider

"Uh, let me think. . ." He supposed it wasn't too surprising someone was curious, but he'd never quite paid that close of attention to his exact limitations. Mostly since they didn't seem to be entirely consistent; maybe he was getting better over time? "If it's just a few minutes, I can move a person or an object around. . . I think four hundred pounds was the biggest? People feel like they 'weigh' more, if that makes any sense. Direct contact helps but I can manage it from a few centimeters away. And it's tiring to actually use it, and not just mentally; I have to eat a lot more if I'm using the power frequently and I could probably kill myself of exhaustion if I overused it. Uh. . . I can bench my weight, I guess? I rely more on being faster than people if I have to fight."

The Ambassador nodded at the other doctor before he said "Very well then I shall simply use my powers on myself. although I must say that it isn't very impressive." Before he immediately jumped to the side with a startling amount of speed. He then took out his plasma sword from its hidden compartment and let it quickly float up to his hand, before he grasped it firmly and started to disappear from view in a way that would leave any onlookers with a varying amount of discomfort and fear.

He would then stealthily roll around the ground for a few moments before he walked a reasonable distance behind Frigus and deactivated his cloaking device. He coughed once before he said "I'm over here by the way".

Edited by Cronos5010

RX Calvera

This was an odd feeling. What is this feeling...?

A blonde woman standing at about 5'8" looks around with a blank expression, then looks down at herself, grasping at different parts of her body. She seemed confused, as her eyebrows furrowed, and her eyes narrowed. A feint sound comes from her vocal chords, which causes her to grab at the vibration with one of her hands. She hummed again, her eyes widening.

I cause... vibrations? And I am in a strange body... What is the meaning of this? Where is my magnificent astral body of fire? What is the meaning of this... flesh?

The woman straightened up, and looked at the other individuals around the room.

Arminius puts a hand over his mouth as he contemplates what to say. Or maybe he's just annoyed. Either way, he explains the answers to the first question before moving onto the next ones.

"I'm Arminius, this is Fingers. I'm a human and she's a goblin. As for why you're in that body... I 'unno."

"Oh my goodness, we are already out of time.  I swear, we need a better way of handling recruits than th-"

Suddenly, the room cracks like glass, the space between air splintering out like lightning, the woman herself immediately is gone.

And then... Reality Shatters.

--

World of Worm: Part 1: Cladogenesis

Spoiler

Everyone finds that the reality they once existed in has fallen apart like shards of glass out of a window, revealing a dark and dank alleyway.  Two dumpsters lie to either side.  The air is filled with odd smells, first of all.  The scents of the ocean, and of course, of garbage and decay.

Immediately outside of the alley, The sight of urban decay greets the group.  It is somewhat hidden, but it's clearly not a place that is very well taken care of.  People walk up and down the street on occasion, but considering it is night time, there are not many.  Even less drive down the road next to that street.

A fire escape makes it's home on each side of the Alleyway, a means by which one could escape one of these tall buildings in the event of a fire, or some other building-threatening thing.  The Ladders for both are raised up currently, above the reach of a baseline human without special abilities.

"Amazing. Couldn't find the time to answer even one of the questions, could you." No sense dwelling on it now though. Harry did a quick head count of who had appeared before striding over to the entrance of the alleyway. Using the fire escapes would be pointless. Even if someone could overcome the inconvenience of their distance, what did they hope to accomplish? In any case, this was somewhat of an earth parallel world, from what he could tell. Best option would be to get to a library first, and get a quick rundown on the situation. Then they could probably try to collect some cash, whether legally or not.

"Any of you people from Earth? Or a planet with that in the name? Even someplace where they have computers, and cities of decent size?" If there were such people, they'd probably be the most useful, at least at the start, in deciding where to go. As he asked his question, Harry peered out the alley entrance, trying to orient himself. Which way did the city center appear to be? Were they in a residential, commercial, or industrial district? Were there any signposts, or really any written words in general visible? He might be able to work their location out if it was a language he recognized.

Edited by Strider

RX Calvera looks around at her surroundings, sniffing, and gulping back some vomit.

What an odd sensation...

She looks over to Arminius again, emotion leaving her face again.

"I am 1RXS J141256.0+792204 to humans... better known as RX Calvera, or RX Bandit. I... am a star in the human constellation Ursa Minor. Well met, Arminius."

Lilly and Ador after takeing one little look around immediately fly up with a little spin. Hopefully the rest of the place dident look so rough. There wings catch the light and sparkle, there probbly really noticeable right now. Up in the air the fused pair take a dedicated look around, excited to see a new place.

Arminius nods to Calvera as he reorients himself. Not really a good idea but he recovered quickly enough.

"Ah, mind if I just call you bandit? Or Rex, but Rex tends to be a name for guys among humans... I'm assuming you didn't know that, not trying to offend. Never met a star before... Give me a sec."
Arminius picks up Fingers and points at the ladder to the fire escape. She looks at him like he's crazy before grinning and giving a thumbs up. With that, Arminius tosses the goblin at the ladder.

"Bandit is acceptable... yes, I don't imagine many... stars take human form. Perhaps this is the universe's way of keeping me alive, instead of going supernova."

Calvera watches as Fingers is flung onto the ladder, then looks back to Arminius.

"A star.  Uhuh.  I'm Darth Revan," Mirri mutters absently at Calveraas she checks her commlink (which basically looks like a phone).  Apparently satisfied with whatever she'd heard from it, she walks over to the alleyway enterance and takes a look around.

"Perfect. I love alleyways filled with garbage." Kusuke pulled his hoodie up to cover his nose, which wrinkled at the odor emanating from the dumpsters nearby. "And yeah, I'm from Earth. 2200 AD, you?" The man was probably from an alternate timeline or the far past - it didn't look like he had any ray guns or the like on him, unlike the armored and irritable one. Kusuke followed the aforementioned individual to the end of the alley, poking his head out. "You might not want to just walk around in full armor, by the way. It's pretty suspicious."

Arminius scratches his head in thought.

"Uh... well, among the important things is that the Reich decided that it was given a mission by the Chief God to exterminate all monsters and anyone that tolerates them... They've uh, they've been doing a pretty good job of it considering they've pushed into the North and the deserts to the south... Things aren't uh... looking really good. Actually my camp was in the middle of losing a battle when I got the call, I was a second away from being charred by a fire elemental."

"Mid to late 2600's. Good to hear. Name's Harry by the way, nice to meet you. We definitely need some people prepared for an urban environment, instead of those who seem to be climbing the fire escape for whatever reason." Harry muttered as he glanced back. "You! Arm guy. What do you hope to accomplish going up there? Buildings are what, four, maybe five stories tall? Not tall enough to get a really useful view of anything important. Might be able to get the layout of the city, but you should be able to tell that as easily from the street. Less suspicious too."

Satomi blinked a couple of times when she first appeared in this "Earth Bet" world they had been discussing. Then she looked around... then she squinted, to try to sharpen the details of the buildings on the other side of the street. These buildings... they were very large. Sure, the Kaiu-built fortresses were far bigger, but you didn't see them stacked side by side in the (bizarrely black) street of some city, either, like this. Satomi could tell that these buildings were crumbling (perhaps the area had a poor daimyo), but nonetheless the samurai engineer let out a low, impressed whistle, idly writing at the notepad still in her hands.

"How fascinating... this architecture, it's so bizarre. But these buildings... they're so large, and yet they seem not to be particularly special buildings! Incredible... truly incredible... Is this what other worlds have to offer?"