[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

"2600, huh. . . How'd you guys deal with the seithr vanishing and everything? Or did that end? Do you remember the Six Heroes?" He shook his head. "Sorry, I shouldn't bombard you with questions. I'm just curious." He didn't look to possess the kind of tech he'd expect out of a civilization four hundred years in the future. Maybe the disappearance of the Magic Element had set technology back again? Most modern tech ran off of the stuff, after all. 

It takes Arminius a minute to think of a description.

"It's an empire composed of most of the midland that's always been less than tolerant of most monsters. Used to be they'd just order the guards to kill them on sight and occasionally hunt an especially "dangerous" one. But a couple years ago after losing a war pretty badly this guy pulled a coup and started spouting shit about the threat of monsters to the purity of the land and stuff, just really stirring people up to go on the offensive against monsters. No one really tried to stop them of course, they didn't want to start a fight with them after the last war... but then they suddenly started taking the remaining parts of the Midlands and before you know it, they'd taken a chunk of land to the north with the Northerners taking the rest. Finally they just went and declared war on the country I'm home to and pretty much destroyed us. We've been in the Southernlands ever since pretty much."

"Sounds rough... Sad. Reminds me of a time, billions of years ago, where a large star was eating up all of those around me. Luckily, I survived, as obvious at that is."

Calvera nods, her face having a look of contemplation.

What is this... sad, I spoke of. Why to I yearn to... hug? To apologize for the actions of others and... comfort this human? Where is this sense of language coming from... this... emotion.

"Kid, I'm sorry to say I've got no clue what you're talking about. Look here. My world's pretty different from yours. To start, there's no physical way for someone to manipulate time like you said you did. It would just be magic. That's a huge difference. Any specific events you ask me about probably aren't going to be the same. Ask all the questions you'd like, but remember that specific names and events probably won't ring a bell, though you can try if you'd like." Harry smiled at the kid. Curious types weren't a problem as long as they recognized their penchant for questions.

To the man trying to get up the fire escape, he stated, "Arms, a reasonable justification, but again, it's something that could be easily figured out from the ground, and with less suspicion."

Taking advantage of the ability to leave the alleyway, those who have done so would see a sprawling mountain range of buildings and foggy sky.  A network of Civilization.  In the distance, a field of rotting boats, choking anything resembling a port into the city, serving nicely as the symbol of the city, a Port town of Dead Ships.  Further past that, an indistinct building in the middle of the ocean, surrounded in a bright glowing blue bubble of some sort of energy.

(CHECK X4) Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary at roof or street level, excluding them, of course.

Arminius pats Bandit on the shoulder.

"Yeah, it's a damn shame, but what's important is that you get through it and don't let it get you down."

when Fingers drops back onto Arminus' shoulder s he turns to the doctor and shrugs in a manner that says, "whoops, to late".

The response Lilly and Ador have to seeing this building can be summed up in two words. Ooo... shiny.
The building, standing out as unique thanks to its placement and the bubble around it, captures the unions attention. Perhaps something interesting will be there and they can figure out what to do there.

"Oh hey! There's a building out in the water! it looks important, we will go check it out"
And just like that, the pair are gone, flying off at top speed, doing spins and the occasional loop.

"God. Damn. It. Yes." Didn't he just finish telling Arms that they needed to keep a low profile? "Do whatever you have to."  This was a city, infested by villains and heroes, either one of which could see this girl as a threat. Harry watched the girl soaring off, hoping that the boy, name still unknown to Harry, would be able to stop her.

Edited by Strider

"So this is Nar Shadda," Mirri muses, "Well, obviously it isn't actually Nar Shadda, but it's exactly like how everyone describes the place.  Wait, no, stick with the group!"  Too late, the girl and her dragon are gone.  "Ugh!  What part of low profile didn't-  I can go after her, but the only way I have of flying is going to attract a lot of attention.  And possibly anti-aircraft fire, depending on how paranoid the local law enforcement is.  Sithspit, there's a difference between confidence and- and whatever that is!"

Satomi took the opportunity to investigate this bizarre city a little further, wandering slightly out of the alleyway, and then turning her head right. At first, Satomi didn't really notice anything amiss (her vision was poor enough that if she wasn't focusing it just looked like mountains out there), but then she stared and squinted for a coupe of seconds, before proceeding to realize what she was seeing.

Glittering spires of metal and glass piercing the heavens, somehow supporting their own weight as they rose past the height of the biggest castle in all of Crab Clan lands, no, past five of the biggest castle in all of Crab Clan lands! These marvels, these unimaginable wonders, they formed a line in the sky, a sight utterly shocking to Satomi's core; not even the most brilliant or eccentric of the Kaiu ever imagined anything like this. That didn't even mention the incredibly strange ships clogging the water, or the metal contraptions that appeared to be zipping around faster than even the swiftest of Unicorn Clan horses. "B-by all the kami..." she managed, her voice hardly louder than a whisper. Her notepad, brush, and small pot of ink clattered to the ground (the last object by some miracle managing barely to spill) from a now-limp grasp, as Satomi stared in undisguised slackjawed awe at this city of the land of Earth Bet.

"That crazy chick is going to get herself killed flying into The Rig like that, can any of you get me to her?" Soma suddenly says, striding forward.  It seems in the decision to disbelieve this situation or not, she has chosen to do something at least.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"This is new. All of it... I don't truly know what 'sad' is, or 'emotions' but I know what you said is sad... because it felt correct to say. I'm not quite sure how I'm able to comprehend English, yet here I am."

Calvera walks out of the alley, and onto the sidewalk, taking in the sights.

"Fascinating..."

Arminius nods. He probably would respond if he wasn't busy staring at things in surprise. Also surprising was all the humans that looked normal. He was told there were a lot of villians so he expected some monsters but no on even looked remotely eccentric here.

To Proditor, the sight of reality shattering was a very unique experience. The sight he stepped into however was far from unique, instantly reminding him of Earth before ADVENT took over and repolished the city centers. It was a huge feeling of deja vu, but a welcome one, at least, "I am personally from Earth. The year 2025, specifically. Though, my Earth and this Earth Bet are likely very different in design. I would not be surprised if the technology was far behind the technology I used" Proditor replied to Harry's early question.

However, soon enough, it was clear that while some people were astounded by the architecture around them, one REALLY was interested in seeing it, having flown out with her "pet" to investigate a building surrounded in a blue bubble... Which caused the one person to have come from this world instantly state that she was going to get herself killed flying towards it. Without a seocnd thought, Proditor floated silently towards the time traveler, Kuzuki, who had asked if he should go get her, "Tell me, time traveler, do you need a boost to reach her?" Proditor asked, tilting his head forward to indicate he was talking about Lilly, who was still flying away.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

In response to the armored person's exclamation, Harry let out a quick bark of a laugh. "What that is, my friend, is being a complete and utter moron. Luckily, either the kid gets her and we have a stern talking to, or she becomes part of a long broken line of beings who died for the betterment of their species. For now though assuming there's some relation to this Earth, and mine, we're probably in the U.S., though that might not mean much to you. A few other options of course, but that seems most likely."

Still at the entrance to the alleyway, Harry looked out and noticed the girl who had wandered into the street. "This is like herding cats! Satomi! Could you come back over here please? We're trying and spectacularly failing to keep something called a low profile."

Edited by Strider

Satomi was staring at the city itself, still, the samurai girl's arms hanging limply at her sides as she continued to be utterly consumed by her astonishment, practically heedless of those around her.

Well, not totally heedless. The Kaiu heard someone talking at her (the older gaijin...) and though she didn't register exactly what was being said, she felt the need to at least say something in return, albeit not tearing her eyes off of the skyscrapers in the distance. "It's... it's the... most beautiful thing that I've ever seen... in my life..." she said, her voice more than a little dreamy.

With that, Proditor nodded, beginning to float up a bit higher, aiming to get at least above the building height. At the same time, his helm opened up a bit, bright orange lights beginning to seep out of the new cracks as a blue, wavy field surrounded Kuzuki, lifting him off the ground. Soon enough, the two were slightly above the building rooftops, with Lilly in clear sight, "Good luck" was all Proditor gave Kuzuki before the latter was suddenly launched forward at rather high speed, the arc perfectly aligned with Lilly's path. Proditor himself simply remained motionless as he watched the two forms fly off, his helm closing abruptly, even though he continued floating where he was.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

One moment, Kusuke was just before Proditor, and the next he was gone, reappearing right in front of Lilly and reaching his arms out toward her, placing himself in her path. As soon as his hands brushed her, both of them flickered as Kusuke used his Drive to send both of them back about thirty seconds in their respective timelines, resulting in Lilly returning to the ground next to the rest of the group and a rather frazzled-looking (at least in expression) Kusuke reappearing next to the alleyway entrance; he immediately lunged toward Lilly again and grabbed ahold of her arm. "Can we not fly around in a place with potentially hostile powers on all sides?"

The Unioned being looks around, and then at themselves.
"Woah Neat." Then they get around to hearing the question and make something between a pouty face, and a thoughtful frown.
"We cant just sit around this ally all day. And there is no way we are going to pass up the chance to look around. We want to fly everywhere and explore. This is a new world for us."

(CHECK) In the moments as he was grabbing Lilly, Kusuke swears he saw something as he was floating there, something wearing all black, a color which most mistakenly believe to aid in nighttime excursions, in start relief against the grey streets.

And he saw it see him and Lilly's spectacle, before running off in a direction.