[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Director's Cut

Hal Henderics

The Ambassador nods at everyone in the group before he stopped pacing around to adjust his cloak a bit. He then turned to face the fighter pilot and said "A combat engineer is always useful in a fight, although I wonder if your skills will be applicable to the many different and varied worlds and their odd technology" he stopped talking again to consider something before he said "Is your X-Wing capable of interstellar travel?".

Lilly and Ador seem to get pretty excited, though the excitement is mostly coming from the half of the union that is Lilly.
"OH Lilly could teach you. Then you could make friends with all the animals. when Lilly was a kid, Lilly played with bears a lot. They were so warm. Maybe one day you can even get a familiar and learn union!"

Edited by Endlessblaze

"I'm not a psychic, kid," Mirri replies, "I just know how to keep them out of my head.  Back home, it's a survival skill.  But if you know a better defense, I'd gladly learn it.  Anything that helps keep my thoughts my own is well worth having.

"Yeah, my X-Wing has a hyperdrive.  It can go interstellar.  I wouldn't want to take passengers along, though, or go in an unmapped region.  There's not a lot of room in the cockpit, and my fighter isn't equipped to map hyperlanes.  A bad jump could take you through a star, or a black hole.  Hyperspace is dangerous.  Only reason to even use it is that we haven't found another way to go faster than light."

Frigus paused and slowly nodded "I suppose you know more about the situation than I would, so I'll take your word.  Still, it just seems...wrong."

Once he finished speaking to the Doctor he turned the the man who had just insulted his Masters, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before speaking "I do not believe you understand of what you speak.  The archives and legends clearly state and explain that the last time Keyblade wielders roamed free and did as they pleased in the worlds it ended in a war that plunged many worlds in total darkness.  Now we practice restraint and discipline, we protect worlds from monsters often before they even know they're under attack, we work to preserve their sanctity and purity, to let them exist in their ignorant bliss without worry of otherworldly destruction."

Somehow that only makes the man's look of disdain worsen.

"Yes, but how long until you become the monsters you fight? And who will defend against you then? I've heard the excuses of "protecting the innocent" before, it didn't stop them from being the ones that cut their throats."

"So when the monsters come to kill them, they have no idea what's coming?" Mirri chimes, body language oozing distain at Frigus' philosophy, "Ignorance is only bliss until someone shoves a blade in your back.  Pah, sanctity?  Purity?  You mean you march towards the past, instead of the future.  Destruction comes, whether you know it approaches or not.  My brothers and I would face it head on, and I have met few even among the soft-skins who would disagree.  We have had enough of the fruits of stagnation and cowardice."

Satomi listened to the new change in conversation, at first with quiet interest, and then with a frown increasingly twisting her face. Eventually, the tiny samurai spoke up, with a bit of frustration in her voice. "I can't really see any way that not telling people anything and not acting is going to aid us in performing our new duty. If you don't follow the tenet of Duty, then you will fail, and your purpose will go unfulfilled. Here, this means that the marauding hordes are going to be more able to consume everything. Duty should be the easy choice over dereliction here."

The source of her frustration reveals itself here as a bit of genuine anger blooms into her voice, and she clenches her fists whiteknuckled. "But this isn't going to be easy, I know that from experience. I doubt that people are going to realize how important getting ready to fight is, if this is all true, up until the enemy is literally staring them in their faces. Honestly... people are willing to stab you in the back and sneer about it even as you're defending them from pure evil itself. We shouldn't hold back, and we shouldn't try to keep them in ignorance, but we shouldn't be expecting the best either."

Then another person walked in, and having had a couple of seconds to cool off, Satomi looked at him and spoke to him. "Uh... honestly, can you tell me what you didn't miss?"

Edited by Powder Miner

"Something about becoming the monsters you fight, or letting people live on in ignorance. For what it's worth, I'm mostly with you on this. Far as I can tell, anyway. Although I don't think people are all that liable to backstab you if you're just honest about your wanting to help them." He shrugged, the various metal bits on his clothing making a miniature cacophony with the slight action. "I also got the bit about why we're here. All the rest, I was checked out for."

"I think we were talking about our capabilities... and I still haven't explained mine and Fingers' yet."

Arminius knocks himself on the forehead at the lack of thought he put in.

"Anyways, I steal essence from powerful enemies and turn them into helpers and... uh... I guess I'm good at talking to people? I was regarded as an okay captain at least."

Fingers, who has climbed onto the human's shoulder, decides to speak.

"I'm Fingers and I smash 'umies with my basha'! Sometimes I get so angry I Bash 'em a lot!"

The Ambassador nodded at the fighter pilot before he said "Well that is interesting to note, while the weakness of the system seems regrettable it seems like something that a lot of hard work and ingenuity can solve, and who knows what we might find along the way?...".

He examined their  deactivated weapon for a moment before he continued to say "Although I feel that it would still serve best as a last resort". After saying that they would politely thank Mirri for granting them some of....their time, and he would wander over to the knightly looking chap and say "The people on the world we are about to visit will be extinct in 20 years if the good doctor's estimation is correct, the fact that we have been given the opportunity to try and prevent this from happening should be enough to motivate a truly honorable man".

"Yeah, well, if they weren't willing to commit backstabbing, my clan wouldn't have supply problems. But people often don't realize exactly how bad things are until they're looking them in the eye, and then they feel entitled to put their squabbling above the fight against the enemies that actually want to kill everything."

Fingers' enthusiastic talking about smashing "'umies" also brings a frown to Satomi's face, and the blue-kimono-wearing girl turned to look again at Arminius and Fingers. "A goblin, you said...?" It definitely wasn't one of the goblins she was familiar with and had fought once or twice (not unbelievably filthy, not green, not trying to kill anything) but the talk about smashing and bashing did make Satomi a bit wary.

Arminius shrugs, which caused the goblin to grab his head for support with a less than dignified squeak.

"Yeah. Don't mind her, she couldn't hurt a fly... well she can, otherwise she wouldn't be here. She's mostly harmless if you have proper armor. Still, she's fairly nasty to unprepared folks."

The goblin puffs up in pride at that last part, apparently not caring about the previous insults.

"Explaining abilities, huh?" The teenager took on a pensive expression for a moment. "Sure, why not. If this turns sour on me I can just come back later and fix it. Name's Kigane Kusuke, or just Kusuke, I'm not much of a formal guy. I have a Drive called Wayfarer, I'm not quite locked into space and time the way everyone else is and I can pull people around with me to an extent. Or kick stuff forwards and backwards in time. It's pretty convenient."

"No. Magic is something else. It's. . . Honestly I don't all the academic differences. Magic is a lot more flexible and is incredibly powerful, though, but most people can't use it. The only magic user I can think of is Nine, and I'm pretty sure she died a century ago. There's Magic Formulae, though." He shrugs again. "I just got lucky, I guess. Most people don't have a Drive." 

Most of what this Kusuke gaijin (well, Satomi was pretty sure he was a gaijin) was saying went over her head; magic was far from Satomi's area of knowledge or frankly interest, but the bits of it that she was able to glean told her that he had some sort of ability to mess with time. "That's... huh. There's nothing like that where I come from, but I can already think of ways it could be useful for... well, basically everything! Fighting, obviously, conversations, obviously, but you could probably find ways to significantly shorten the time for smithing, or for construction, you could scout with it... are there limits on how you can use this power?"

Edited by Powder Miner

Kusuke nods. "I can't give you a hard limit, but the further forward or backward I send something, the more energy it takes out of me - it sort of feels like lifting a boulder, if the boulder got heavier the further you lifted it and you weren't actually using your arms. And yeah, I can literally be in two places at once. Or three, or four. I don't think I've ever had a reason - or desire - to go to five, though. I've used it for fighting before. Punting a soldier thirty seconds into his own past is pretty helpful."

Lilly and Ador seem to be having a hard time coming up with a response to this. Time manipulating magic, throwing things through time? speeding or slowing time was one thing, but it sounded like this guy was packing serious power. This could be very good for them, or very bad. Ever the optimistic Lilly and Ador leaned towards very good.

Some of Satomi's discomfort seemed to dissipate as she listened to Kusuke describe the way his power worked -- she was genuinely intrigued now, and curiosity could sometimes be a rather overriding motivation for the Rokugani engineer. "Interesting, interesting... fascinating, actually!" Satomi reached into her kimono all of a sudden, and pulled out a notebook (getting these wasn't that hard for a Kaiu), and then a brush; she more gingerly reached into her garment, then, and pulled out a small bottle of ink she had evidently been keeping in a fold where it wouldn't be uncomfortable. Taking a few moments to open up the tightly-sealed container (she did NOT want to spill ink inside her kimono), she dipped her brush into the container, sat down in one of the particularly fancy chairs, and began to scrawl out notes, also suddenly barraging Kusuke with questions. "Kigane, right? If we have the time and the need, I might want to try to rope you into helping me out with that ability... I can think of one or two ways it would make my life significantly easier. Hmmm... a couple questions, I suppose. What kinds of things can you bring with you, and how big, if it's just a few minutes back or forth? Do you have to be in direct contact with them? Is there a downside to frequent use of your ability? How strong are you?"

Frigus let out a soft yet defeated sigh.  This must have been the anger and confusion Master Tempest had always spoken of.

"Please do not mistake reluctance to interfere for cowardice or refusal to act, simply put the intention is to lock the door and keep watch from the outside, only entering long enough to remove a threat and leave.  Instead of waging war." Throughout speaking his expression and tone were frustrated yet well restrained, and after waiting a couple seconds he added in a nicer tone "Perhaps we can just put this behind us, it's a moot point because we're being sent in anyway."

He then turned to the display of powers and abilities, and after waiting for an opportune moment he spoke up as well "My name is Frigus as far as abilities go...well as mentioned before I wield a Keyblade." He extended his right hand and icy mist began collecting in a vague sword like shape before a flash of light and his weapon appeared.  It seemed to be made of semitransparent ice crystals natural looking and cobbled together in the shape of an over-sized key of which the longest strait edge and "handle" had be ground to a smooth blade and finish respectively, a short chain dangled from the hilt end with another smaller ice crystal at its other end.  After a few seconds he lowered his hand and the sword dissolved into motes of light and icy mist.  "I also know several ice magics and a simple healing spell. Oh and this.." He slammed his fist into a small flat circle on his left shoulder and with another flash of light he reappeared wearing fully articulated white plate armor, helmet and all.  Several seconds later it too dissolved into motes of light and icy mist leaving him as he was before.  "The armor isn't much but it's better than nothing."

Edited by StormLord

While Proditor was silent, he was far from distracted towards the talks going on, soaking up every word spoken. Endbringers, creatures in Earth Beta that they weren't supposed to fight (yet at least), the names and abilities of those who he was mean to to work with, including a brand new individual popping into existence. It still wasn't a good time for him to interrupt said talks, but there was something that he could do. Specifically, deal with the armored lady off to the side, silent and unmoving. With unnerving silence, Proditor began to float towards Somatotrope, "A lot to take in, I presume?" he asked once he got into conversing distance, part of him now focused on Somatotrope while the other was still listening in to the others.

23 minutes ago, StormLord said:

The ambassador had fiddled around with his plasma sword's settings while the young knight in front of him demonstrated his powers, and he put it back in the hidden compartment it was kept in after he finally made sure that it was in fact working properly. 

He then extended a hand towards Frigus in yet another attempt to offer someone a handshake before he said "Yes that would be a good idea, we wouldn't want to start the mission with a bout of pointless bickering now wouldn't we?".

After receiving a reply from Frigus he would turn to address the rest of the group by saying "Well as I have already stated my name before I feel that it would be wiser for me to simply show you what I can do now wouldn't it?". He would stop to consider something for a moment before he continued to say in his almost unrealistically deep and unnatural sounding voice "I will need a volunteer, would anyone here be comfortable with being gently lifted up from the ground?".