Jump to content
E19 Community Open Beta -- Available to registered forum members now~

About This Club

The increasingly incorrectly named club for ye olde multiverse RP.
  1. What's new in this club
  2. Cicivexa fires his spell, Tsubasa takes her mighty cut... Icarax is still standing, if barely, sparks flying as his Starlight Spear grinds against Tsubasa's blade, too late to stop it from cutting deep into his shoulder. Then Gozer thrusts his own Starlight Spear. Icarax's weapon flies up... And comes down, spearing him through the foot. He looks down at his foot, up at Gozer in utter disbelief. Meanwhile a storm of explosions, flames, and bullets force the Rahi Nui's arms apart. Wasting no time, Bazelgeuse body-slams the trespasser-possessed creature, smashing it into paste in a titanic explosion. Driven by canny instinct to not try to eat the tainted amalgamation, Bazelgeuse takes off, flying away to parts unknown. The Makuta busts out laughing at Icarax's plight. He can barely focus enough to bring shadow manacles around the rebellious makuta's wrists and ankles. "I can't believe that happened! Oh, I will treasure this memory for ages to come." "I can't believe I stabbed myself... I'm better than this..." Icarax murmurs to himself in shock, "I am better than this, right?" "No, you aren't," The Makuta gestures again, and a square frame shapes itself from a nearby rock, "But you'll have plenty of time to regret what you've done in here. Killing is so... final, don't you think? I do dislike wasting a possible asset, so in you go." With a flick of his wrist, Icarax is thrust into the frame, and stays there, a chained painting making two-dimensional but still definitely alive and mobile struggles against his bonds. "Do try to regret what you've done, Icarax," He sighs, "Omnicide serves no one's interests. Least of all yours, if you'd stopped to think about it for a moment. "Now then," He turns to the party, and with a gesture, a circular portal, crackling with dark, ruddy energy that drifts like ink suspended in water appears, "This should, if my calculations are correct, take you back to your castle. And I know my calculations are correct that it is well past time you returned there."
  3. Hikari disappears in into a flash of red particles, appearing behind Icarax. Hikari uses Dispersal Slash dealing 10d6+DEX. Her Prometheus Blood Code allows for the attack to deal 30% extra damage.
  4. Dackly smirks. "Yeah, I bet that reach will be useful!" Dackly uses Starlight Spear on Gozer, forcing him to use it for three turns! Gozer attacks Icarax with the spear, dealing 10d4+12 Damage!
  5. Tsubasa blinked. A stinging on her eye was all-too-familiar; a trail of red had forged its way down the left side of her face, coming from a cut she'd narrowly avoided higher up. Focus. The swordswoman took a deep breath, brushing away her perception of the burning lines on her body. Defensive stance. Her blade pulled back in a smooth motion, aimed to deflect another incoming strike. Pivot. Using the momentum from the previous attacks she'd endured and turning it about, she planted one foot forward. Flow. The blade flicked forward, as if it had been wreathed in lightning itself, and carried the Slayer with it. Second Form, use Reaction to use Fifth Form targeting Icarax Yin: 1>6 Yang: 4>1 -2 Breath
  6. "OH. Uhm. . . Sorry." It was a terribly embarrassing moment to bring out a soldering iron, pliers, and numerous other mechanical tools, only too look down and realize that the person he was treating was in fact made of flesh. Well then. It seemed that those whom Edmond could assist were in no need of it, so he focused his attention on the ongoing territorial dispute. Edmond uses Individual Air Support on the Bazelgeuse, launching a burst of suppressive fire at the next thing to attack it, dealing 2d8+12 damage and stunning. 5 turn cooldown. Edmond autoheals for 10% MHP (7). 4 physical damage reduction, 8 against bullets.
  7. As the Bazelgeuse lands with thundering applaud Cell reaches into the burlap sack on his belt once more, pulling out a simple bluish sphere with a ring on one side. He pulls the ring with his opposite hand and a light *chink* and throws the grenade towards the space between the Rahi Nui and Icarax. It detonates with almost more of a pop than a boom. Cell uses Infantry Grenade targeting the Rahi Nui and Icarax for 16 damage each. 2 DR/all 15% DR/Physical Crit Meter: 4/8 Loadout:
  8. No. No no no no no no no no no. Gods no. Not again. Dear Twelve not again. No! Not again! Calm down. You're protected. You're prepared. You're safe. Nothing in the world- nay, the multiverse can hurt you, at least right now. Now of all times is not the time to panic. Panic and you risk losing the chances ahead. Cicivexa, recognizing the Makuta's seeming unawareness of (or perhaps apathy for) his assault, cleared his mind and pressed his luck. Under the effect of Manaward, the Fruits of Hubris are, somehow, ignored! Cicivexa uses Sharpcast, and casts Flare III on Icarax, Rahi-Nui, and the Makuta, a critical hit dealing (7d6 + 16 + 4)*2 Fire damage to all targets! Cicivexa gains Astra for 1 Turn! Umbra's duration lowers by 1! Effects & Cooldowns: Stats & Abilities:
  9. Travis fires his main cannon! Icarax deflects the shell with his sword! ...Straight into the Rahi Nui's side, causing it to take 57 damage. Icarax takes a swing at the Makuta, but Tsubasa blocks it, taking 19 damage. The Makuta fills Tsubasa with righteous fury! The Rahi Nui roars into the sky. ...In the distance, another roar answers. The Rahi Nui seems surprised that any creature would dare challenge it... Cell counterattacks the Rahi Nui for 46 damage, and surrounds himself, Tsubasa, and Edmond with his Aura of Laceration! Tsubasa shoulder checks Icarax, which doesn't seem to phase him, and then slashes at him with her sword! Icarax goes for the parry, but his sword is out of position from parrying the tank shell! Icarax screams as Tsubasa's light-infused sword cuts deep into his armor, dealing 188 damage! Dark energy streams from the rents in his armor, and the Makuta chuckles in schadenfreude. "Oh, it is entertaining to see that happen to someone else." Icarax responds to this by throwing another cut at Tsubasa, dealing 22 damage, as he curses her under his breath, and himself for underestimating her. Hikari slashes the Rahi Nui for 24 damage. Icarax forfeits this action since he used his parry! Cicivexa uses Flare 1, dealing 38 fire damage to Icarax, the Rahi Nui, and the Makuta. "Are you blind or just a terrible shot?" The Makuta asks indignantly. The Rahi Nui lowers its head at Cell. Edmond uses Quick Tune-UP on Tsubasa! Tsubasa is no longer mechanical... Edmond Stress Tests the Rahi Nui for 20 damage! Edmond loses 6 total HP to his assorted effects. Dackly offers Icarax a spear! "Yes, thank you, the extra reach will be useful against that blasted light sword," Icarax growls, tossing his blade aside and taking up the Starlight Spear. Gozer takes the chance to bounce a silver bullet off the Rahi Nui, doing almost nothing... From the sky, an unpleasantly familiar screech comes in a streak of sulfurous, furious orange, and explosions wrack the Rahi Nui! Wings buzzing, the possessed monster rears up, roaring as it chambers a devastating punch! TURF WAR: BAZELGEUSE VS RAHI NUI! Use explosive attacks, buffs, and debuffs to influence the Turf War against the trespasser-possessed Rahi Nui! Status Initiative
  10. Spicy HG shrugged. "We don't really have much information we didn't know before, just reinforcement of old things. The plan so far is still to go defeat the other two demons sealing the cave and then deal with the demon king." She looked around, suddenly realizing something missing. "Where is Mitsurugi anyway?"
  11. "Shrines, huh? I don't really know much about that sort of thing, but if you need any help..." Spray pointed to himself. "Anyway, how'd things go for you folks? We got our next location, or...?"
  12. "Well she isn't entirely cut from her-" She cuts herself off and jerks her head to look to the side. It occurred to her mid-sentence that likely not everyone needed to know about the sheath of Mitsurugi's blade. She slowly turned back and spoke again. "It doesn't really matter. What does is that she needs more faith, and good faith at that. I'm sure that robot Goddess wouldn't mind some either. Along with anyone else in the castle who's a divine or worships one." She got a bit of a smile on her face and clapped her hands together, rubbing them and looking the slightest bit smug. "I think. I'm going to convert one of the rooms in the castle into a Basilicom. Let anyone come setup shrines inside for whatever kind of worship or sacrifice they like."
  13. Spray nodded. "I... does that mean there's nothing we can do to help her? Sakuya here mentioned something about Mitsurugi being cut off from her faith, and Mitsurugi herself mentioned... Is there some way we could... give her faith somehow? Praying for her, maybe?"
  14. Spicy HG sighed and slowly frown. "Yeah I've been on a couple missions with her now. She's an older diety than I am, probably a few centuries or millennia. She's also..." Spicy shook her head slowly, like someone disappointed more than sad. "I think she also believes she's on a path destined to lead her to falling. The only other person I know to go through anything remotely similar hasn't exactly done much better."
  15. Spray The rookie looked over at the people arriving, half-tempted to yell at them for not showing up to help. But he kept his temper in check as best he could. "Mitsurugi was... troubled by how she handled things back there," Spray gestured to the building where the goddess had decapitated the demon earlier. "I tried to talk to her about it, but... said things I regret. If I may ask... what do you know about her? Has she... brought her issues up before?"
  16. Spicy HG gives a simple bow. "Then we should be taking our leave." She glances over to Lexiel and Ako. "I'm going to go see what Mitsurugi and the new guy are up to when you're ready to catch up." With that she turns simply and wanders back down the trail to the front of the Inn. Eventually meeting where Spray, Sakuya, and the Mirror were standing. "What's all this?"
  17. Spray For a moment, Sakuya was silent as she watched Mitsu head through the Mirror, face returning to that of sadness before she turned to Spray, bringing a hand to her chin as she thought about his questions, “Ah, yes, hm… I don’t believe there’s any true pay, but if you truly desire some form of payment, then… Well, you may have to discuss it with your companions. As for Saigai-no-Mitsurugi… Although I have been graced with the knowledge of much of her past, there is still much I do not know. Mitsurugi is a Kami, with her domain being that of disasters. As awful as that may sound, it’s a natural part of life, and her presence ensured that the lands would be spared from worse disasters than ones brought by her hand. But eventually, she was cut from her faith, and is but a shadow of her former self. A Kami needs faith to function, and without it… They’re doomed to fade away” With that, Sakuya dropped her hand, letting out a small sigh, “Truthfully, I cannot tell you how to approach her. But delicacy is an important aspect with her. She has been through much, and will continue to go through more for the foreseeable future. That is a natural consequence of her status.” Spicy, Lexiel, Ako “I would be too, knowing that I’m helping a just cause” Ako stated, reaching out to take the contract, instinctively taking out her celestial brush, “Where do I sign? Just at the bottom?” Letting out a final chirp, Jamba merely shakes his head, the green sparrow hopping forward for his cue, “No, you are free to go. If you ever wish to rest your feet though, the Great Boss would be honored to let you stay at the Inn whenever you wish, as thanks for returning the establishment to him.”
  18. Hikari moves quickly and slashes into the Rahi-Nui dealing 5d6+DEX damage. Her Prometheus Blood Code allows for the attack to deal 30% extra damage.
  19. Ena peered down at the mouse, a cartoonish frown displayed across her visor. "I am all for robot employment opportunities, but the benefits and pay seems rather insufficient. But I won't advise it to seek out a union, it'll have to figure that out on it's own, right?" Really though, the speed of assembly was exceptionally rapid given the lack of a production line. Programming, easy, that could be spliced together from templates. "Leo, I must ask though, how is it that we can expect robot, assembled from, I don't wish to offend, street trash, to last long? It does seem rather more durable than that which went into it. I suppose what I am asking, is not so much in regards to your creation, but how you are so comfortably able to make viable assembly and repair materials out of junk?"
  20. --------- Leo -------- Leo opens his mouth to respond, before freezing when the shaking hits. After a few moments of looking around following the sudden quake and seeing nothing collapsing, Leo resumes his answer. "Nothing smell related comes to mind. I could try, but it's not really something I've messed with." Leo looks around the alleyway, noticing scattered trash and looks back at the wall with its sure to be ruined yet again cable. The mouse and cat in question likely live in this area and given how proficient with tools they seemed to be he was sure any casual attempt at protecting the wire was doomed to fail and only stall the inevitable. 'Attempts at protecting it'. Leo smirks as the thought crosses his mind, amused by his idea. "I think I know what to do. If the wire needs to be repaired all the time, why not just keep someone around to repair it? Give me a minute." Leo grabs some of the scattered trash around them, and starts pulling out samples of various materials. Mana is moved from material to material, metal is formed into being and altered, mushrooms are made to weep, screaming hellish faces bend the energy around them, starlight imparts electricity and light and dark foam and churn, liquid crystals drip from one of his rings, along with other effects as Leo does a number of tests, looking for something, or rather multiple somethings. It takes several minutes rather than one, but in the end, he seems to have found something that works. For the wires he settles for one of the first results. Old nails and some other trash are transformed into a glowing, soft clay like metal using the power of a synthetic metal. The other thing he needed was a bit more elusive, prompting him to break away from his work for a moment to check if Ena had any silicone, which was a no go. But by combining the mealy grain of synthetic metal with sap tears drawn from a mushrooms contorted face, he managed to get a pliable teal colored resin. He still didn't look quite happy with it, and poked at it a bit suspiciously, but eventually settled for good enough. Protective covering for the wires. Transmuted Lunar-Storm Wires which could be made from scrap metal, and perhaps other trash, And an easily produced resin made from a mix of Lunar-Storm Castoff and Blue Mushroom sap. Both of which a single golem could create internally with relative ease. With the materials the golem would need to make and repair the electrical wiring now complete, Leo creates a pair of special eyes for it, hollow glass lenses filled with a blue water like liquid. And the rest is child's play. materials are reshaped, spells are cast, and enchantments are woven. In Leo’s hands stands a small metal mouse on two legs, clearly inspired by their observing ‘friend’ in the window. Its small core glowing softly, as does its sparking tail tip and the soulless eyes gazing back up at its creator, awaiting instruction. Leo frowns at it, before reaching up with his other hand and tapping it in the side of the head repeatedly. It twitches and seems scrambled for a moment as the vibrations ripple through its liquid filled eyes like stones tossed into a pond, all too clear and visible for what should be a filled container. Fizzy silvery static showup in the crests before the ripples shift and align to flow upwards like static lines on an old tv, and oval shaped pupils appear in its eyes. The lines sometimes shift and curve, or receive more distorting bouncing ripples as it moves, but always seem to return to its ‘Retro Static’ appearance giving it a bit of character. Now making at least a minor effort to not LOOK like a soulless machine marching mechanically to its defined goals Leo sets his little art project down, where it begins its work. As soon as the cat, now regaining consciousness, sees the little worker, it runs right for it, instantly validating Leo's decision to put a negative kelvin eternal ice spike on its tail. Even if he didn't intend the sparking electrical tip to be dedicated self defense equipment. As soon as the cat gets up and chases after its other target, Leo sees fit to comment on its apparent toughness. “Resilient fellow isn't he?” Snow ignores the question to instead bring up a number of concerns. “Are you sure this is a good idea? Even if you used glass for its main directives, letting it experiment with soft programming is going to make it go feral all the faster.” “It's pretty small, so its thinking and memory is bound to hit a cap soon, I wouldn't worry about it expanding too much. It needs all the freedom and creative thinking it can get to find wire material and route power. Besides, given that everyone around here probably wants the electricity to keep flowing, it's bound to keep working on keeping things running. So it's less going feral and more going native.” “And the synthetics? What if it starts self modifying or leaving hazardous junk around.” “I set it not to do too much synthesis and focus on transmuting and mixing material, and I forbade modifying itself in the glass regions. It will take a while for that to decay. Even if something happens it's not all that big, and it should still want to do its job. We can come check up on it later if we need to. For now, this should keep everyone from having to worry about the power. It's just one mouse.” Job now complete, Leo stretches and relaxes, seeming pleased with himself, before turning to his companion. “That quake doesn't seem likely to start up again. Maybe it's about time to take a break and enjoy the town. What about you Ena?” ------------------------------------------------ Takumi (Edit in a min) ------------------------------------------------
  21. Spicy HG nods in response. "Thank you. Is there anything else before we return to our quest?"
  22. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Traverse Town~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ There is a great rumble, not unlike an earthquake. Powerful enough to be felt by anyone regardless of location and continues for several moments before stopping. Leo and Enma notice some shingles falling loose, and Enma's sensors detect the rumbling coming from a distinctly lateral direction, not underground. Francis notices odd streaking and streching lines through his vision until the quaking finally stops. A wave of murmur passes over the bar, followed by several patrons standing to leave and most returning to their business. Satomi and Kusuke don't notice much from inside the accessory shop, though the man behind the counter does look up, slightly puzzled. "That can't be good. Only happens when the city needs more space...I probably don't have to tell you two why a bunch of refugees from a another world is bad?" Takumi feels a hum from the mural, something almost....singing? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The WeatherLight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mirri and Law are perhaps surprised when the ship powers up of its own accord, panels and doors closing and sealing automatically. Two short rides later and the ship finally docks itself once more, and the transit portal to Traverse Town opens. Allowing myriad creature and monster to pour out.
  23. As they walk through the portal, Frisk turns towards everyone one final time. "It had to happen this way. Keep them safe, alright?" Frisk asks. Contessa glances at Nader, smirking in a calculated way. With a wink, the portal closes, and the bar is left in silence. PLOT COMPLETE
  24. "Hey, Icky! If you're so strong, then take this!" Dackly shouts, drawing a spear and challenging Icarax to use it! Gozer uses Silver Bullet on the Rahi Nui, firing a pellet of silvery metal at it!
  25. Spray Maxwell looked as the goddess walked through the mirror, waiting a few moments to make sure that she had left. Then he turned back and just nodded, uneasily. Looks like he wasn't being fired just yet... But now that he had an opportunity to ask, the words already left his mouth. "What's the pay?" Maxwell froze up as soon has he said that. Good lord, what was he thinking? "I-I mean, Uh... W-what happened to her, and how can I help her?"
  26. Spray's words were far from comforting. This was, indeed, a shadow of what she'd warned him of, and that made it all the worse. "I will take my leave, then." She forced herself to look forward; it would not do well for a goddess to walk along with eyes downcast in shame. Mitsurugi wanted to say something about heeding advice given in good faith, but she couldn't promise to avoid driving herself this hard again. She hadn't lied earlier; Mitsurugi feared she would disappear entirely, or worse, if she could not complete this task. A fitting end, I suppose. From nothingness they came, and nothingness they shall wreak upon the final remnant of my world, as that remnant fails its duty once more. She stepped toward the mirror, heading back to the castle.
  27.  
×
×
  • Create New...