Gen 4 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

• Developers
40 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

Would this make it look better:

456s.png457s_2.png

or keep the brighter green and purple:

457s_01.png

I think the first two are much better! Backsprites and then you're done!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the finished versions of Finneon and Lumineon:

Spoiler

Male

456s.png456bs.png457s.png457bs.png

Female

456fs.png456fbs.png457fs.png457fbs.png

I've also darkened the aura outline on finneon to keep it consistent with lumineon

As well as Shellos and Gastrodon:

Spoiler

West

422s.png422bs.png423s.png423bs.png

East

422_1s.png422b_1s.png423_1s.png423b_1s.png

Any feedback is welcome :) 

2 hours ago, KmK said:

Alright, this is what I made of darkrai so far.

Like it?

Darkrai 2.png

the red is fine, but the whole galaxy head thing just, doesn't fit. I feel it should just be another green, or some kind of darker shade.

~Fixing old stuff~

aaaaaah... Improvement.

244Mkpl.pngdqH9tIY.png

kSZWb51.png3os3GeT.png

vTY7VQz.pngmiC8Ej1.png

pgUCEcy.pngV5lnmG9.png

Enh7WHM.pngDijw2Zx.png

(slow's red was more like a brown than a red... also fixed some shading)

KJuZZzh.pngExQ5cWm.png

QO0IGxn.pngEWhlkKh.png

i wasn't happy with mario's mushrooms so i remade paras to look like maplestory's mushrooms.

i think that's it??? if there's something you want me to change just tell me

Edited by Atticus

• Developers

ok hi I'm late.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:39 PM, Felcatty said:

Here are the finished versions of Finneon and Lumineon:

Reveal hidden contents

Male

456s.png456bs.png457s.png457bs.png

Female

456fs.png456fbs.png457fs.png457fbs.png

I've also darkened the aura outline on finneon to keep it consistent with lumineon

As well as Shellos and Gastrodon:

Reveal hidden contents

West

422s.png422bs.png423s.png423bs.png

East

422_1s.png422b_1s.png423_1s.png423b_1s.png

Any feedback is welcome :) 

Shellos and lumi look good to me!

On 2/14/2017 at 0:14 PM, Hycrox said:

Rip Regigigas XP, it was its fate to plunge into oblivion. Like Windows XP.

486 (1).png486b.png

Sky Golem-ish Regigigas is done!

The XP was kind of there and it didn't really add anything to it. This version here looks nice and consistent. Approved!

On 2/14/2017 at 2:17 PM, Trevore said:

The backsprite of D.Va Palkia is ONLINE.  Looks okay for now, but if anyone wants to make improvements, feel free.

484sb.png

Niceeeeee. Approved!

On 2/14/2017 at 5:17 PM, KmK said:

Alright, this is what I made of darkrai so far.

Like it?

Darkrai 2.png

Edit: a couple of other darkrai options because it was suggested:

Darkrai 3.pngDarkrai 4.pngDarkrai 5.png

Hm... I really like the second one. (The purple darkrai), It's gorgeous. But I'm not sure the blood dripping is necessary. I think it would look better without giving it that

touch. 

20 hours ago, Atticus said:

~Fixing old stuff~

aaaaaah... Improvement.

244Mkpl.pngdqH9tIY.png

kSZWb51.png3os3GeT.png

vTY7VQz.pngmiC8Ej1.png

pgUCEcy.pngV5lnmG9.png

Enh7WHM.pngDijw2Zx.png

(slow's red was more like a brown than a red... also fixed some shading)

KJuZZzh.pngExQ5cWm.png

QO0IGxn.pngEWhlkKh.png

i wasn't happy with mario's mushrooms so i remade paras to look like maplestory's mushrooms.

i think that's it??? if there's something you want me to change just tell me

They all look pretty good to me! 

20 hours ago, Siragon said:

New hair for Luxray ! Hope it's a little better now ^^

403.png

404.png

405.png

Hm.. This is definitely better, but perhaps we should change the eye color? It's still a little difficult to see the eyes because it blends too well with the face.

1 hour ago, Rainlove said:

This is so beautiful. I love the color blend so much. I'm LIVIVNg for this art <3

Thanks!!!!!!! aaajjajajaikqkkqllal

It took me almost a day to get the colors right the first time. Also, the first design had a blue jewel, like the normal shiny starmie, but I decided to change it to a pink and make a pink psychic aura.

anyway im glad you liked!!!!!

I am really sorry not doing an update on a long time.

Basically i am finishing my degree and this sunday is when i have to send my final project. 

Long story short, if someone whants to finish Croagunk line or dusknoir, feel frete so. If not monday i will try to finish them.

And again, sorry

This is Abomasnow from Route 2. Imagine when Angie freeze Route 2 and powered the trees with Amethyst Cave Crystal and it turns out to these. Hope they turn out alright. I want to add some decorations on M-Abomasnow but since its design is already complex, I guess I have to pass on that. Don't want to overdesign it.

459.png459f.png460.png460_1.png

Edited by Phi-Bi

4 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

I am really sorry not doing an update on a long time.

Basically i am finishing my degree and this sunday is when i have to send my final project. 

Long story short, if someone whants to finish Croagunk line or dusknoir, feel frete so. If not monday i will try to finish them.

And again, sorry

Good luck on your project dude , i will try to finish your croagunk line

Male

454.png

454b.png

female

454f.png

454fb.png

and draft for croagunk itself

453.png

Edited by foznkr

Finally got time to sit and help some of you... well, here are my thoughts on Luxray, Toxicroak and Abomasnow.

Luxray: The shading is REALLY hard to see, specially on Shinx/Luxio. Also, the purple is too light for the black outline. You can change the purple to a darker purple or change the black to a dark purple. Btw, yellow is really tricky to work with, specially when you're starting. To shade yellow, you have to change the darker shade to a yellowish orange, this will make it look a LOT better.
You can use this Luxray that I just made for a reference.

M85KweQ.pngWoyJKab.pngYuI9Qah.png

Toxicroak: There is too much going on. There are unnecessary details with colors that don't work well, try keeping it simple, some designs may need some charm here and there but Toxicroak is already too complex to have all these colors. Also, the red is kinda off, try using a more saturated shade of this red on the darker colors, it'll look more vivid. Also, this is a Croagunk/Toxicroak that I made a while ago, but didn't want to post because you already claimed it. (If you want me to create a red one to use as a reference, just tell me)

iII8Gw2.pngoaIqT0C.png

Abomasnow: I loooove your idea, but you aren't executing it well. It looks like you just used a pink filter on the normal abomasnow. My recommendation is that you use a white for the snow, with reeeeeeeally light pink shades (not too saturated like you used), and use the pink leaves for the hands/feet instead of using the brown from the wood. (btw i love this purple detail on its belly)

Remember: Create a shiny variaton that you would prefer over the normal one, that's what I follow when editing the sprites.

Also, @Hycrox I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR DSKJFH

• Developers
2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Finally got time to sit and help some of you... well, here are my thoughts on Luxray, Toxicroak and Abomasnow.

Luxray: The shading is REALLY hard to see, specially on Shinx/Luxio. Also, the purple is too light for the black outline. You can change the purple to a darker purple or change the black to a dark purple. Btw, yellow is really tricky to work with, specially when you're starting. To shade yellow, you have to change the darker shade to a yellowish orange, this will make it look a LOT better.
You can use this Luxray that I just made for a reference.

M85KweQ.pngWoyJKab.pngYuI9Qah.png

Toxicroak: There is too much going on. There are unnecessary details with colors that don't work well, try keeping it simple, some designs may need some charm here and there but Toxicroak is already too complex to have all these colors. Also, the red is kinda off, try using a more saturated shade of this red on the darker colors, it'll look more vivid. Also, this is a Croagunk/Toxicroak that I made a while ago, but didn't want to post because you already claimed it. (If you want me to create a red one to use as a reference, just tell me)

iII8Gw2.pngoaIqT0C.png

Abomasnow: I loooove your idea, but you aren't executing it well. It looks like you just used a pink filter on the normal abomasnow. My recommendation is that you use a white for the snow, with reeeeeeeally light pink shades (not too saturated like you used), and use the pink leaves for the hands/feet instead of using the brown from the wood. (btw i love this purple detail on its belly)

Remember: Create a shiny variaton that you would prefer over the normal one, that's what I follow when editing the sprites.

Also, @Hycrox I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR DSKJFH

Thanks for giving your criticisms, it's been a busy week so I haven't been able to check this as frequently as I used to. I pretty much agree with all

you said anyway.

4 hours ago, Hycrox said:

I finally stopped being lazy!

Since @Atticus upgraded Slowpoke and Slowbro, I upgraded Slowking:

199.png199b.png

Looks good!