Gen 4 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

1 hour ago, Trevore said:

Prepare to be blinded... Prepare to be amazed...  because D.Va Palkia is ONLINE!  It may not be my best work as of yet, buuuuuuut it should get the job done.  Please, if there is anything I may have overlooked, just let me know.  I know the green might look a little off, but still.  If need be, I'll work on the Hana version, but I just thought I'd do the mech first.  The blue eyes were solely because both Dialga and Giratina had the blue eyes as well.

484s.png

I really think that you should brighten the colors. My impression is that you are only messing with the value (making the color lighter/darker) and not with the saturation. Increasing the saturation and darkening the colors makes the palette more vivid. (also the dark green is blending with the pink too much)

maybe you should try using this one as a base (or just using it, since i did it using your sprite):

5jqu5nw.png

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I was messing around with chatot and the colour schemes.

Went through a bunch of different ones and decided I liked these the best.

But, of course, I like more than one...

What do you think?

Chatot 1.pngChatot 2.pngChatot.png

Update: I'll start working on darkrai this weekend.

Plush hippos incoming!
Female:

aZWadjx.png

Male:
E6jXL63.png
Alright, so usually I finish the entire line before posting, but I am really proud of these, so I just wanted to show them off! Backsprites and Hippowdon to come soon-ish.
Feedback appreciated of course!

EDIT: I just noticed that Arceus is still credited under DreamblitzX. I'm sorry to be a bother, but given the time it took to make it, I'd rather be given the proper credit for it. Thanks!

Edited by Korvpizza

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

I really think that you should brighten the colors. My impression is that you are only messing with the value (making the color lighter/darker) and not with the saturation. Increasing the saturation and darkening the colors makes the palette more vivid. (also the dark green is blending with the pink too much)

maybe you should try using this one as a base (or just using it, since i did it using your sprite):

5jqu5nw.png

Thank you so much!  This actually works a lot better.  I'll see if I can use the bluish green for the chestplate cockpit, but if that doesn't work, it might be fine as is, and I'll use that improved sprite.  Thank you!

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

EDIT: I just noticed that Arceus is still credited under DreamblitzX. I'm sorry to be a bother, but given the time it took to make it, I'd rather be given the proper credit for it. Thanks!

Definitely do this. I was planning on mentioning this myself becuase Korv definitely deserves full credit for that amazing work.

So I did te recolor for the line with the color suggestions that you provided and here they are. For gible's stomach area there were two ways for it to go for its design.

newgib(1).pngbakgib(1).pngnewgib(2).pngbakgib(2).png

newgibf1.pngbakgibf1.pngnewgibf2.pngbakgibf2.png

then the rest

newgab(1).pnggabback.pngnewgabf.pnggabbackf.png

445.png445b.png445f.png445fb.png

Mega garchomp might have different ways as well as it tone changes when it mega evolves

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

Mint, Vanilla and Chocolate Pixies are here!

480s.png480sb.png

481s.png481sb.png

482s.png482sb.png

Vanilla looks pretty blurry and Chocolate has some outline problems, but otherwise it's fine imo

Also, "small" update but here, Munchlax:

446.png446b.png

Edited by Hycrox

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

are these better?

482s.png482sb.png481s.png481sb.png

Azelf is flawless, but Mesprit still has some issues, as it's pretty hard to see the outlines on its face, and I still think that the outlines should be just a little bit darker.

made 2 options lol

A: 408.png  or B: 408_Option2.png  

also.. rotom idea? idk i was messing around with colors to familliarize myself with the sprite and kinda liked it XD so thought i may as well post it to get your opinion lol479.png

Edited by ycoder321

@Alex I've messed around a bit with Mesprit and I think because of the bright colours on its face that it will be really difficult for Messprit to pull off the vanilla look, so instead why not this:
480s_v.png481s_1.png

I also think because of the white sclera that it looked really blurry and bright, but Uxie doesn't have this problem so I believe that the vanilla will look better on Uxie than it does on Messprit. What do you think?

@ycoder321 A looks better to me because B seems similar to its original design.

Edited by Felcatty

While waiting for Jan's evaluation so I could start Abomasnow, I decided to enter Togekiss-line contest. Do we have to submit the the entire line or could we wait for the winner to be announced first?

@Phi-Bi If Abomasnow is yours you can start it, you can have two lines to do at a time but you can't claim any more until they have been approved; if I remember correctly, you have starly and snover so you can do both simultaneously but you just can't have any more than two whole lines to do at a time (from my understanding of the rules). As for Togekiss, I'm not entirely sure, I've seen some people only post the Togekiss while other do the entire line. Personally I did the entire line just because once I started doing the Togekiss, I couldn't stop myself and wanted to test the colours I used on the pre-evos as well (just me though). This is just what I think anyway.

Sorry for the wait, here is the red-spikes version of Lucario ! (didin't change the Riolu because it's not spikes and if i turn it red, it's no more possible to see there is something on his arms) (as for the Luxray line, i will start it soon)

448.png

448_1.png

• Developers
On 2/10/2017 at 7:23 AM, Phi-Bi said:

Edit Staravia's eyes a bit as @Felcatty suggestion. Hope they look alright. Also posting the whole lines again since I change the brightness/contrast a bit to make it a bit more interesting to see.

396.png397.png398.png

396b.png397b.png398b.png

396f.png397f.png398f.png

396fb.png397fb.png398fb.png

Oh my god. I love it! Approved. 

On 2/10/2017 at 8:00 AM, Felcatty said:

This took me a lot longer to do, there were some things on Kricketune that were bugging me (pun intended), it's eyes looked so weird whenever I looked at it, but hopefully they look alright now (pun not intended). I also hope the moustache doesn't look blurry like before; thanks again to @Hycrox for pointing it out. So here are the finished products of Kricketot and Kricketune:

Male

401s.png401bs.png402s.png402bs.png

Female

401fs.png401fbs.png402fs.png402fbs.png

I felt like the female looked nicer with the orange rather than the yellow; it's also probably because I've used orange/yellow/gold for the note that I feel it was less dominant with the female. Let me know if you think I should swap the yellow and orange colour palettes anyway though.

Every time I go to post this I see another tiny error :P.

Edit: I feel as though I've used yellow/orange/gold quite a bit, so I've changed the note to be green, gives it more colour. Hope it looks just as nice:
(M)402s.png402bs.png(F)402fs.png402fbs.png

Looks good to me! Approved! I Personally do like the gold better so I will probably use that one.

On 2/10/2017 at 8:09 AM, foznkr said:

with white color

w.png

This is much better! If you change the rest to white I think it'll be good to go.

22 hours ago, Atticus said:

5jqu5nw.png

D.VA ONLINE.. This looks REALLY good. 

22 hours ago, KmK said:

So, I was messing around with chatot and the colour schemes.

Went through a bunch of different ones and decided I liked these the best.

But, of course, I like more than one...

What do you think?

Chatot 1.pngChatot 2.pngChatot.png

Update: I'll start working on darkrai this weekend.

These are all good, but I think I like the middle one the most!

21 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Plush hippos incoming!
Female:

aZWadjx.png

Male:
E6jXL63.png
Alright, so usually I finish the entire line before posting, but I am really proud of these, so I just wanted to show them off! Backsprites and Hippowdon to come soon-ish.
Feedback appreciated of course!

This is really cute, and I like it a lot. As for the credit thing, I've updated the list now!

16 hours ago, Hycrox said:

Vanilla looks pretty blurry and Chocolate has some outline problems, but otherwise it's fine imo

Also, "small" update but here, Munchlax:

446.png446b.png

Approved!

15 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

made 2 options lol

A: 408.png  or B: 408_Option2.png  

also.. rotom idea? idk i was messing around with colors to familliarize myself with the sprite and kinda liked it XD so thought i may as well post it to get your opinion lol479.png

Cranidos is good. Option B is pretty close to the original though, You could perhaps use that purple but change the body color. 

Bubblegum Rotom is also good! Keep up the good work. 

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Finally done with these. Posting the full set for convenience.

480s.png480sb.png

481s.png481sb.png

482s.png482sb.png

Approved. 

8 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

While waiting for Jan's evaluation so I could start Abomasnow, I decided to enter Togekiss-line contest. Do we have to submit the the entire line or could we wait for the winner to be announced first?

You don't need to do the entire line persay. SOme have just submitted Togekiss itself and I can get a clear image about how the past evos would look just from that. Once the winner is announced I won't be taking anymore Togekiss submissions. 

5 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Sorry for the wait, here is the red-spikes version of Lucario ! (didin't change the Riolu because it's not spikes and if i turn it red, it's no more possible to see there is something on his arms) (as for the Luxray line, i will start it soon)

448.png

448_1.png

Much better!  All I need are the backsprites and you should be good to go!