Gen 4 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

9 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

@Felcatty, I dont know but shouldnt your togetic have yellow pattern on the backsprite too?

No, the backsprite only has blue spots which I've changed to silver/grey, only the red is yellow. It's simple but that's how I've done and although I could change it to yellow I'd prefer not to in order to keep it consistent. Hope I answered your question.

@foznkr Wow, I think you and I have a similar idea for Finneon and Lumineon, this was a sprite a did a while ago too (you can ignore the glow, I was messing with the sprite):
456s_2.png457s_2.png

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
Just now, Felcatty said:

No, the backsprite only has blue spots which I've changed to silver/grey, only the red is yellow. It's simple but that's how I've done and although I could change it to yellow I'd prefer not to in order to keep it consistent. Hope I answered your question.

@foznkr Wow, I think you and I have a similar idea for Finneon and Lumineon, this was a sprite a did a while ago too (you can ignore the glow, I was messing with the sprite):
456s_2.png457s_2.png

I actually quite like this, though. If you have backsprites I'll mark them as done. 

4 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

Ok I didnt know it, it just feels a bit off (but still nice work)

I did the first one before you said your preference (the one I liked the most) so I put the 2 together

Spoiler

454_1.png454_2.png

Edited by Anti_Hero

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Hey Jan. I'd like to release my claim on Glameow I can't make it work. Sorry and thanks.

It's no problem! It happens. I'll release Glameow + Purugly for you. 

1 hour ago, Anti_Hero said:

Haha don't worry about, it's fine. I appreciate the feedback, I suppose it feels off because it's very light, I'll see if I can mess with it more later. Again thank you for the feedback (and the compliment too :P)

2 hours ago, Jan said:

I personally like the white claws more. What does everyone else think?

I think the white tone highlights the claws better and makes them stand out a bit more than the dark one does. That's my opinion.

@Anti_Hero I don't have any experience with flames yet so to be honest the flames don't look too bad to me. Since you don't think so though, how about making the third flame from the right head towards the right instead of the left, and maybe making the bottom lines of dark blue the same as the light blue, you know to make it more connected to Dusknoir's body. I don't really know, hope I gave you some sort of idea.

Here's Finneon and Lumineon:

Male

456s.png456bs.png457s_2.png457bs.png

Female

456fs.png456fbs.png457fs.png457fbs.png

Any feedback is welcome.

Taking on @Anti_Hero's advice I've (hopefully) made the grey on my Togekiss submissions less off

Spoiler

175s.png175bs.png

176s.png176bs.png

468s.png468bs.png

Edit: I just did this for fun as well and totally not because there's a chance to claim the Shellos line.

Spoiler

422s.png423s.png(West)

422_1s.png423_1s.png(East)

It's probably not the best idea, I've only swapped the colour palettes on Gastrodon and then inversed them (tried to do the same with Shellos; didn't work so well). Any feedback is welcome.

Edited by Felcatty

Alright, Hippopotas and Hippowdon are finished! Sorry that they took so long, the charger for my laptop broke, so progress was halted a bit.

Spoiler

Hippopotas
Male:
zgFSPv6.pngqZc2ZGX.png

Female:

0tB56iJ.png6YmOMHI.png
Hippowdon:
Male:
w5KqW8J.pngqjffnox.png
Female:
tgoMLLi.pngqbH3AkQ.png

These were definitely one of my more experimental sprites, so any feedback is appreciated! Mamoswine will come sometime this week. (It will probably take a few days though, since I'm very busy this week.)

@Mega-Garchomp: I think both versions look fine, but the gray claws look better. That's just my opinion though.

Alright, it seems that the Mamoswine sprites are missing from the download. (It only has male front-sprite, and no backsprites.) Would someone be so kind as to give me the female front-sprite and both backsprites?

And I noticed that Shellos/Gastrodon was in yellow. So if bluedodobob doesn't update soon, could I take over their claim?

Edited by Korvpizza

16 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

Alright, it seems that the Mamoswine sprites are missing from the download. (It only has male front-sprite, and no backsprites.) Would someone be so kind as to give me the female front-sprite and both backsprites?

And I noticed that Shellos/Gastrodon was in yellow. So if bluedodobob doesn't update soon, could I take over their claim?

f. frontsprite

m.backsprite

f.backsprite

473f.png

473b.png

473fb.png

RHYRHY

xvm5wi5.pngpqdblDV.png(male)

OkmHRCq.png8EAm5kb.png (female)

As said before, I'm having some internet issues this month. But I'll try to keep track of this thread.
Anyway, about Dusknoir: I think that you should forget the flames on the neck and do it like you did with Dusclops, just changing the color of these... things to match the flame's colors. Also, the flame on its head is a little off, maybe you should take another mon that has flames and put it on Dusknoir's head. (Charmander line, Chandelure, Chimchar line...)
If I had the internet/time I would try to help everybody, but unfortunately I can't :^(
But I think everyone is doing an amazing work so far, good job! :^)

Edit: @Jan, is there any problem if I redo some other sprites that I made while waiting for Gen 5? I think some of them need a bit of reworking. I won't change the whole design, just fix a few things.

If it's okay to you, I can post them here.

Edited by Atticus

13 minutes ago, Bluedodobob said:

As for Gastrodon, I've got nothing. Let someone else do it.

Dibs!
Also, Mamoswine is done! (A little earlier then I thought, but w/e) I messed around with some other Ice-types until I settled on giving it Crabominable's color scheme! Personally, I think it looks really nice!

Spoiler

Male:
Qt8PlHm.png1L7TcKe.png
Female:
6o7G7uW.pngitFg1Ml.png

27 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

Dibs!
Also, Mamoswine is done! (A little earlier then I thought, but w/e) I messed around with some other Ice-types until I settled on giving it Crabominable's color scheme! Personally, I think it looks really nice!

Hide contents

Male:
Qt8PlHm.png1L7TcKe.png
Female:
6o7G7uW.pngitFg1Ml.png

Really like that Mamoswine, but isn't it a little too different from the pre-evos sprites approved in the gen 2 thread?

• Developers
18 hours ago, Alex said:

Paladin Skunk, Black Knight Glameow!

431s.png431sb.png

432s.png432sb.png

can be found here:

Reveal hidden contents

blackknightsfortressmap.png

Approved.

17 hours ago, Felcatty said:

Here's Finneon and Lumineon:

Male

456s.png456bs.png457s_2.png457bs.png

Female

456fs.png456fbs.png457fs.png457fbs.png

Any feedback is welcome.

Taking on @Anti_Hero's advice I've (hopefully) made the grey on my Togekiss submissions less off

Reveal hidden contents

175s.png175bs.png

176s.png176bs.png

468s.png468bs.png

Edit: I just did this for fun as well and totally not because there's a chance to claim the Shellos line.

Reveal hidden contents

422s.png423s.png(West)

422_1s.png423_1s.png(East)

It's probably not the best idea, I've only swapped the colour palettes on Gastrodon and then inversed them (tried to do the same with Shellos; didn't work so well). Any feedback is welcome.

Finneon and Lumineon are great, but the auras aren't in the correct resolution. They're in 1x, while the sprite is in 2x. You'll have to make the aura in 2x. 

I actually quite like those Shellos shinies. Backsprites pls. 

12 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Alright, Hippopotas and Hippowdon are finished! Sorry that they took so long, the charger for my laptop broke, so progress was halted a bit.

Hide contents

Hippopotas
Male:
zgFSPv6.pngqZc2ZGX.png

Female:

0tB56iJ.png6YmOMHI.png
Hippowdon:
Male:
w5KqW8J.pngqjffnox.png
Female:
tgoMLLi.pngqbH3AkQ.png

These were definitely one of my more experimental sprites, so any feedback is appreciated! Mamoswine will come sometime this week. (It will probably take a few days though, since I'm very busy this week.)

@Mega-Garchomp: I think both versions look fine, but the gray claws look better. That's just my opinion though.

Approved!

7 hours ago, Might Gai said:

mega alakazam was still on hold, here it is:

loaJqEz.png

and finished my entry for togekiss line

tSvygcM.pngQrehY25.pngdwiwpxt.png

backsprites will drop after i come back from school

Approved!

6 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Sorry about that. It looks like you were supplied them. As for Shellos/Gastrodon, I think I like the ones Felcatty did so I'll have them do it. 

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

RHYRHY

xvm5wi5.pngpqdblDV.png(male)

OkmHRCq.png8EAm5kb.png (female)

As said before, I'm having some internet issues this month. But I'll try to keep track of this thread.
Anyway, about Dusknoir: I think that you should forget the flames on the neck and do it like you did with Dusclops, just changing the color of these... things to match the flame's colors. Also, the flame on its head is a little off, maybe you should take another mon that has flames and put it on Dusknoir's head. (Charmander line, Chandelure, Chimchar line...)
If I had the internet/time I would try to help everybody, but unfortunately I can't :^(
But I think everyone is doing an amazing work so far, good job! :^)

Edit: @Jan, is there any problem if I redo some other sprites that I made while waiting for Gen 5? I think some of them need a bit of reworking. I won't change the whole design, just fix a few things.

If it's okay to you, I can post them here.

Approved! And sure, go ahead and post them! 

1 hour ago, Bluedodobob said:

It took a while, but I finally got these done

Bastiodon

Reveal hidden contents

410s.png410sb.png

411s.png411sb.png

Magnezone (now without electromagnets)

Hide contents

081s 2.png081sb 2.png

082s 2.png082sb 2.png

462s 2.png462sb 2.png

As for Gastrodon, I've got nothing. Let someone else do it.

Approved.

1 hour ago, Korvpizza said:

Dibs!

Hide contents

Male:
Qt8PlHm.png1L7TcKe.png
Female:
6o7G7uW.pngitFg1Ml.png

I like these a lot, but unfortunately they're not consistent with its pre evolutions so I can't accept this :(.

21 hours ago, Anti_Hero said:

I did the first one before you said your preference (the one I liked the most) so I put the 2 together

Reveal hidden contents

454_1.png454_2.png

Yeah, let's go with the orange one. 

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Finneon and Lumineon are great, but the auras aren't in the correct resolution. They're in 1x, while the sprite is in 2x. You'll have to make the aura in 2x. 

I actually quite like those Shellos shinies. Backsprites pls.

I'm a little confused @Jan I've only been using 2x2 pixels, did I miss something, or is the aura too bright? Sorry I'm confused by what you mean.

I'll get on the backsprites right away

• Developers
37 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

I'm deeply sorry for the long wait. For some reason, my PC crashed several times while I was doing this sprite. Voilá:

486 (1).png

I'm not sure about the middle column thingy being multiple colors. I think blue would be better. Other than that the sprite is looking really nice.

6 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

I'm a little confused @Jan I've only been using 2x2 pixels, did I miss something, or is the aura too bright? Sorry I'm confused by what you mean.

I'll get on the backsprites right away

Sorry, it's actually in the right resolution, but the way the aura was handled may need to change. (The aura makes it look like it was done in another res)

Knitting around the outline would make it look better:

mcw3o4z.png

But even here it looks slightly off, I thnk having a bright color for the outer part of the outline isn't working. Maybe make it a darker green rather than a light green?