• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made the outline for gible a little darker so that's done

newgib.2.png

bakgib.2.png

then theres gabite. I hade a few ideas in mind, so which ever one seems the most likely, i'll fix that one up. Thx to @Korvpizza for telling me some areas that needed improvement

newgab.2.pngnewgab2.3.png

bakgab.pngbakgab.2.png

4 hours ago, MakaTorracat said:

I like the yellow Kircketot better, but I like the red Kriketune.

In that case, I've matched up each colour to the style and created an orange in between. Any feedback is welcome.

401s_5.png402s_2.5.png

401s_3.png402s_1.png

401s_6.png402s_6.png

Edited by Felcatty

2 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

In that case, I've matched up each colour to the style and created an orange in between. Any feedback is welcome.

401s_5.png402s_2.5.png

401s_3.png402s_5.png

401s_6.png402s_6.png

i like yellow and orange, you could use one for female and one for male!

1 minute ago, Alex said:

i like yellow and orange, you could use one for female and one for male!

Huh I never thought of that, still don't know which to use at the moment, but the yellow seems to be in especially for Kricketot

2 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

I like the little music notes you added. That was a nice touch

Thank you, I had the idea in my head for a while, so I'm glad they look good. I was going to have this out about an hour ago, but my computer decided to shut itself off and make me lose my progress for this backsprite:

402bs_e.png

I would just like to ask for opinions on whether I should reverse the notes (as shown above) or keep them the right way. Personally I would love to reverse them (it's so fun to do the notes) but I would love for opinions and feedback regarding the notes on the backsprite.

I feel as though my previous post was a double post, so if it is I'm sorry.

Edited by Felcatty

Are the notes supposed to be just a representation of the sounds Kricketune makes? Then you should not invert them. But it's still pretty if you invert them though!

Also, I think the outline on the Kricketune with the Yellow moustache is too blurry, but it's still really pretty!

30 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

Are the notes supposed to be just a representation of the sounds Kricketune makes? Then you should not invert them. But it's still pretty if you invert them though!

Also, I think the outline on the Kricketune with the Yellow moustache is too blurry, but it's still really pretty!

Yes they are supposed to represent Kricketune making music/sounds, which is why I was hesitant about which way to make them. I think I may actually keep them reversed though; I was rewatching episode 564 'Battling the Generation Gap' and although it's not exactly the same, when Delcatty used Sing on Ambipom, I noticed that from Delcatty's perspective the notes were inverted....so chalk it up to anime logic. I've also fixed up yellow Kricketune's Yellow mustache so it's not blurry now, thank you for pointing it out. :) The notes are still questionable though, so I appreciate any feedback.

Edited by Felcatty

• Developers
10 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Alright Jan. Here's a embellished Phione and here is Manaphy! I hope you like them! :D 

Phione.png 489b.png 

Manaphy.png  Manaphy Backsprite.png

If possible now, I'd like the Glameow line (yes, I will do both Glameow and Purugly)

Approved! Glameow and Purugly are yours.

10 hours ago, foznkr said:

What about this?

greeen.png

That's much better, but I still think white would work better.

8 hours ago, Siragon said:

Sorry for the background, i usually remove the white but i didn't do it for some obscure reason this time and i didn't notice. Anyway, here is the no-background version

447.png

448.png

448_1.png

Looks good to me, though the spikes being black is a little out there. It's hard to see them. Try making them red. 

8 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

I made the outline for gible a little darker so that's done

Reveal hidden contents

newgib.2.png

bakgib.2.png

then theres gabite. I hade a few ideas in mind, so which ever one seems the most likely, i'll fix that one up. Thx to @Korvpizza for telling me some areas that needed improvement

Reveal hidden contents

newgab.2.pngnewgab2.3.png

bakgab.pngbakgab.2.png

Eh... I'm not sure how I feel about white Gabite/Gible now that I look at it more. It's very difficult to see the shading on Gabite, and while Red and White do

look good together, I'm not so sure it works here. I was experimenting with different colors and eventually came up with this:

yJ3PHql.png

What do you think? 

7 hours ago, Hycrox said:

AAA

485b.png

Heatran done. I'm claiming Regigigas now (I also just remembered that I'm sort of in charge of Munchlax lawl)

Regigigas is yours, and yeah, you are! I like the Totoro theme though so it's all good.

4 hours ago, Felcatty said:

401s_5.png402s_2.5.png

401s_3.png402s_1.png

401s_6.png402s_6.png

These are gorgeous tbh. I think the notes look perfect. I think you should go with Alex's idea with the m/f counterparts. Yellow and orange are my favorites

as well!

2 hours ago, Felcatty said:

Thank you, I had the idea in my head for a while, so I'm glad they look good. I was going to have this out about an hour ago, but my computer decided to shut itself off and make me lose my progress for this backsprite:

402bs_e.png

I would just like to ask for opinions on whether I should reverse the notes (as shown above) or keep them the right way. Personally I would love to reverse them (it's so fun to do the notes) but I would love for opinions and feedback regarding the notes on the backsprite.

I feel as though my previous post was a double post, so if it is I'm sorry.

Yes, you should reverse the notes on the backsprite. It's better for consistency. If the notes are facing the way they are in the front, it's only natural for

them to face the opposite way on the back. 

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Approved! Glameow and Purugly are yours.

That's much better, but I still think white would work better.

Looks good to me, though the spikes being black is a little out there. It's hard to see them. Try making them red. 

Eh... I'm not sure how I feel about white Gabite/Gible now that I look at it more. It's very difficult to see the shading on Gabite, and while Red and White do

look good together, I'm not so sure it works here. I was experimenting with different colors and eventually came up with this:

yJ3PHql.png

What do you think? 

Regigigas is yours, and yeah, you are! I like the Totoro theme though so it's all good.

These are gorgeous tbh. I think the notes look perfect. I think you should go with Alex's idea with the m/f counterparts. Yellow and orange are my favorites

as well!

Yes, you should reverse the notes on the backsprite. It's better for consistency. If the notes are facing the way they are in the front, it's only natural for

them to face the opposite way on the back. 

Alright I'll fix the gible sprite and start garchomp as soon as possible

1 minute ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

yo! That's a powerful staraptor! I was hoping someone would do this. Did you use the colors from the pidove line or did you need to change them a bit?

Yep, Reborn has Staraptor-colored Unfezant so who could resist not making the reverse? All from Unfezant-line with the exception of some green and brown shade. Also swapping the palette between the lines. I just know that even though the three has similar palette, there's slight difference.

@Phi-Bi Wow awesome work; when I played through Reborn and found the shiny Pidove it was so cool to see, so this looks really nice. Just one thing though, the Staravia's and Staraptor's eyes look the same to me, the yellow is really hard to see unless you zoom in real close, but I guess with Staravia it's pretty hard to do, so I understand why it's eyes are the same. Sorry I guess I'm being really picky, but seriously this look really great; nice job.

The Starly's eyes stare into the depths of your soul.

Edited by Felcatty

Edit Staravia's eyes a bit as @Felcatty suggestion. Hope they look alright. Also posting the whole lines again since I change the brightness/contrast a bit to make it a bit more interesting to see.

396.png397.png398.png

396b.png397b.png398b.png

396f.png397f.png398f.png

396fb.png397fb.png398fb.png

Edited by Phi-Bi

This took me a lot longer to do, there were some things on Kricketune that were bugging me (pun intended), it's eyes looked so weird whenever I looked at it, but hopefully they look alright now (pun not intended). I also hope the moustache doesn't look blurry like before; thanks again to @Hycrox for pointing it out. So here are the finished products of Kricketot and Kricketune:

Male

401s.png401bs.png402s.png402bs.png

Female

401fs.png401fbs.png402fs.png402fbs.png

I felt like the female looked nicer with the orange rather than the yellow; it's also probably because I've used orange/yellow/gold for the note that I feel it was less dominant with the female. Let me know if you think I should swap the yellow and orange colour palettes anyway though.

Every time I go to post this I see another tiny error :P.

Edit: I feel as though I've used yellow/orange/gold quite a bit, so I've changed the note to be green, gives it more colour. Hope it looks just as nice:
(M)402s.png402bs.png(F)402fs.png402fbs.png

Edited by Felcatty

Here's my Togekiss for the contest.

Messing with Togekiss' colors is really tricky, it's hard to change them and still look like Togekiss. Togekiss is pure, it doesn't need too many details to have its own charm.

So, I used one lesson that I learned with writing: sometimes, the cliche is the thing that most fits the situation. I used Melia's palette on Togekiss, and it fits really well. And an angelic aura to accompany Melia's guardian. (I also made a fancy change on the marks on Togekiss' chest to look like card symbols).

yes this was a cheesy attempt to convince you to choose my design with motivating words because of my unoriginal design

9aIrV5R.pngNw4e1Hz.png

ou41PFO.pngoRtMc76.png

1lYqquQ.pngeFRb6bE.png

3 hours ago, Felcatty said:

This took me a lot longer to do, there were some things on Kricketune that were bugging me (pun intended), it's eyes looked so weird whenever I looked at it, but hopefully they look alright now (pun not intended). I also hope the moustache doesn't look blurry like before; thanks again to @Hycrox for pointing it out. So here are the finished products of Kricketot and Kricketune:

Male

401s.png401bs.png402s.png402bs.png

Female

401fs.png401fbs.png402fs.png402fbs.png

I felt like the female looked nicer with the orange rather than the yellow; it's also probably because I've used orange/yellow/gold for the note that I feel it was less dominant with the female. Let me know if you think I should swap the yellow and orange colour palettes anyway though.

Every time I go to post this I see another tiny error :P.

Excellent!

Prepare to be blinded... Prepare to be amazed...  because D.Va Palkia is ONLINE!  It may not be my best work as of yet, buuuuuuut it should get the job done.  Please, if there is anything I may have overlooked, just let me know.  I know the green might look a little off, but still.  If need be, I'll work on the Hana version, but I just thought I'd do the mech first.  The blue eyes were solely because both Dialga and Giratina had the blue eyes as well.

484s.png

29 minutes ago, Trevore said:

Prepare to be blinded... Prepare to be amazed...  because D.Va Palkia is ONLINE!  It may not be my best work as of yet, buuuuuuut it should get the job done.  Please, if there is anything I may have overlooked, just let me know.  I know the green might look a little off, but still.  If need be, I'll work on the Hana version, but I just thought I'd do the mech first.  The blue eyes were solely because both Dialga and Giratina had the blue eyes as well.

484s.png

it's cool, but what if you add some greenish blue on the chest for the cockpit?