Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

You know, I started Reborn a month ago and I loved every single minute of it (Except battling Shelly grrrr)

Is this game similar to Reborn? Same hardness and interesting characters/story?

Do you guys recommend it?

Rejuvenation actually has three difficulty levels. There's one that's Reborn level difficulty, then there's Casual (gym leaders have 3-4 Pokemon and lower levels) and Intense (I think gym leaders have higher levels and some of the later ones have a legendary?) You get to choose which one you want after the intro scene, and there's also a place that allows you to change it. 

The characters and story are detailed like Reborn's are. It has both serious and funny moments. There are also branching story decisions like in Reborn.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

You know, I started Reborn a month ago and I loved every single minute of it (Except battling Shelly grrrr)

Yes, definetely! I even like the mapping of Rejuvenation is better than the one in Reborn. It has a great story behind it. I strongly recommend it! You will not be disappointed! 

27 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Rejuvenation actually has three difficulty levels. There's one that's Reborn level difficulty, then there's Casual (gym leaders have 3-4 Pokemon and lower levels) and Intense (I think gym leaders have higher levels and some of the later ones have a legendary?) You get to choose which one you want after the intro scene, and there's also a place that allows you to change it. 

The characters and story are detailed like Reborn's are. It has both serious and funny moments. There are also branching story decisions like in Reborn.

3 minutes ago, kingjrcasanova said:

Yes, definetely! I even like the mapping of Rejuvenation is better than the one in Reborn. It has a great story behind it. I strongly recommend it! You will not be disappointed! 

I'll take your words guys. Thank you for the great information.

On 12/24/2016 at 8:24 PM, Alex said:

a few of the fields are already slight edits of reborn fields, but also there are different ones due to the different locations/nature to reborn

rainbow field plz xD

6 hours ago, Rainlove said:

Its just as good if not better for some. Rejuvenation offers several modes for the gameplay including Intense, Reborn, and Normal modes to offer different levels of difficulty based on the preference of the player. Highly recommended

On 12/30/2016 at 10:29 PM, Jan said:

Oh, no. I'm mean, but not that mean. You can't find cells in places you can only be in temporarily. That's just bad game design. Every cell will be available at all times. 

I'll also be nice and add NPCs that tell you how many cells are located on each island/How many you've collected on each island. 

Thank Arceus I was just thinking about that 

At this point, i don't exactly care about the new gameplay features.

i just want to experience the next part of the story.

It's like reading a series of novels. When you get to the end, the author has left a cliffhanger, and then you are anxiously waiting for the next novel to be released. It takes long, and you get preoccupied with other things, and lose your interest in the story. And then you read the novel again, and you again want to see what happens next. To your surprise, the next novel has already been released. You read the next novel, and then the process repeats.

On 1/8/2017 at 10:49 PM, ShadeStrider said:

At this point, i don't exactly care about the new gameplay features.

i just want to experience the next part of the story.

It's like reading a series of novels. When you get to the end, the author has left a cliffhanger, and then you are anxiously waiting for the next novel to be released. It takes long, and you get preoccupied with other things, and lose your interest in the story. And then you read the novel again, and you again want to see what happens next. To your surprise, the next novel has already been released. You read the next novel, and then the process repeats.

I know right im like "What will happen next!!" 

• Developers
On 1/8/2017 at 1:41 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Jan said that V9 won't but V10 will. 

Me @ that statement I made. 

Spoiler

conceit.JPG

So yeah, originally that was the plan, but Ame/Zumi and a bunch of others came together to collaborate on adding gen 7 content to Reborn/Rejuv... and really any game that wanted it. 

So uh.... SURPRISE!!! Gen 7 is going to be in v9. This means it'll take a bit longer, but I promise you that it'll be worth. That's what I tell myself anyway. 

-----------

Reasons it's going to delay V9:

Rebalancing: If I'm going to add in gen 7 Pokemon, then I'm going to have to rebalance a lot of fights, including Gym Leaders. I've already started compiling trainers in each area and have redone them accordingly. 

So you'll be noticing a lot of battles are different. Some teams have been changed all together. So I really apologize if something is too tough/easy on release. I'm still working stuff out. 

Reworking Wild Encounters: This one is self explanatory. 

Gen 7 mechanics: Tbh, this one won't take long, but it'll hurt my soul because dealing with scripts hurts me sometimes. I think this one will hurt the most because I have to add gen 7 mechs to Fields and aufhdgdfjhgdfg. Oh well, gotta do it. 

-----------

On top of that I'm polishing a lot of various other things like battle sprites, VS sprites, Battle backgrounds, shinies, adding in quality of life features etc... 

So uh... Yeah... Version 9 is going to be a mega update. 

27 minutes ago, Jan said:

Reveal hidden contents

conceit.JPG

So yeah, originally that was the plan, but Ame/Zumi and a bunch of others came together to collaborate on adding gen 7 content to Reborn/Rejuv... and really any game that wanted it. 

So uh.... SURPRISE!!! Gen 7 is going to be in v9. This means it'll take a bit longer, but I promise you that it'll be worth. That's what I tell myself anyway. 

-----------

Rebalancing: If I'm going to add in gen 7 Pokemon, then I'm going to have to rebalance a lot of fights, including Gym Leaders. I've already started compiling trainers in each area and have redone them accordingly. 

So you'll be noticing a lot of battles are different. Some teams have been changed all together. So I really apologize if something is too tough/easy on release. I'm still working stuff out. 

Gen 7 mechanics: Tbh, this one won't take long, but it'll hurt my soul because dealing with scripts hurts me sometimes. I think this one will hurt the most because I have to add gen 7 mechs to Fields and aufhdgdfjhgdfg. Oh well, gotta do it. 

-----------

On top of that I'm polishing a lot of various other things like battle sprites, VS sprites, Battle backgrounds, shinies, adding in quality of life features etc... 

Looking forward to it, brother! The wait is worth it and always has been so take your time and best of luck!! :D

Well, you were not kidding, Jan.  Hearing those words is music to my ears, and it is no doubt that V.9 will indeed be THE best version to date.  Life has consumed my time from my playthroughs.  Send help.

That's very cool about Gen 7 and Gather Cube Jan but I really really don't like the sound of those change's 

And I mean I don't want to lose something that already got from the past (ie like Magnemite) because new is a new mon there

I know maybe I'm selfish but I'm tired with all those changes even in Reborn (I'm playing it since E9) so if anything I will continue the game as if (the same goes for Reborn) and make a new game after both of them are finished.

No I'm not bored to replay them for sure, they are both my favorite one Fanmade Pokegames but I just cant affort it

Anw that's all from old-grumpy Qaaz. As everyone already said take your time mate. Make Rejuvenation a great game

On 1/9/2017 at 8:05 PM, Jan said:

Reveal hidden contents

conceit.JPG

-----------

-----------

Wait... there's a Gen VII collab between several devs that's been going on? Errrm, I feel like a total idiot right now. I've spent like three whole days scripting the new moves/abilities all by myself for my own project. Also, do you plan on relocating a few mons with the balance changes? From Gen VI to Gen VII we got several mons significantly buffed such as Torkoal, a 140 Def weather setter obtainable even before getting the second badge, and Wingull that's pretty much a mon with Drizzle available right when you start the game at the Oceana Pier.

• Global Mods
20 minutes ago, Sarun said:

Wait... there's a Gen VII collab between several devs that's been going on? Errrm, I feel like a total idiot right now. I've spent like three whole days scripting the new moves/abilities all by myself for my own project. Also, do you plan on relocating a few mons with the balance changes? From Gen VI to Gen VII we got several mons significantly buffed such as Torkoal, a 140 Def weather setter obtainable even before getting the second badge, and Wingull that's pretty much a mon with Drizzle available right when you start the game at the Oceana Pier.

Ame and the rest of Reborn dev team is making one. More info can be found here

It should be noted however that a few days ago on the Showdown server Ame said this pack will just include sprites, and moves and abilities and such will likely have to be pulled from Reborn's code bit by bit, since Reborn's scripts are too customized to work for every game. Unless something changes, the scripting you did was probably not in vain. :) 

• Developers
4 hours ago, Twilightwing said:

dammit since gen 7 is getting added should i restart>?

Up to you. Restarting the game will be a fresh experience. 

1 hour ago, Qaaz said:

That's very cool about Gen 7 and Gather Cube Jan but I really really don't like the sound of those change's 

And I mean I don't want to lose something that already got from the past (ie like Magnemite) because new is a new mon there

I know maybe I'm selfish but I'm tired with all those changes even in Reborn (I'm playing it since E9) so if anything I will continue the game as if (the same goes for Reborn) and make a new game after both of them are finished.

No I'm not bored to replay them for sure, they are both my favorite one Fanmade Pokegames but I just cant affort it

Anw that's all from old-grumpy Qaaz. As everyone already said take your time mate. Make Rejuvenation a great game

What changes specifically? 

I get what you mean though, but unfortunately that's just how the cookie crumbles when it comes to unfinished games. Changes are a core part of it. 

1 hour ago, Sarun said:

Those scripts will still help you. We aren't providing that. Just stuff from the pbs/sprites etc. And yeah... Torkoal and Pelipper are getting the mighty axe.

I never thought I'd hear me say I have to axe Pelipper because it's too op, but hot damn 2016 has been a year full of chaos and if this isn't the icing on the cake then I don't know what is. 

4 hours ago, Jan said:

What changes specifically? 

I get what you mean though, but unfortunately that's just how the cookie crumbles when it comes to unfinished games. Changes are a core part of it. 

Yes I know and understand that when we are on unfinished games.

I was on general talk spread and yes I know I was overacting b/c I don't know what changes will be, It was mostly about what you said for Help Centers or anything else
Anyway I know that soon or later the change to get something that may have changed (like if you change for example the Magnemite that I already have with something new I will have a second change to get the new award)

Yeeeeeeeeees!

Jan you answered my question

On 8/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, SuperNova said:

Will Version 9 have gen 7 pokemon ?

I will earse all my save files and restart and I hope we get also Zygrde but it could also be on v10 but who cares.

I will pick litten.