Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

11 hours ago, Jan said:

The Garufan Language will probably never get to the point where it's translatable like that. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

---Update---

Okay, so I finally got to Terajuma Island. About to edit Valarie specifically. If I'm honest... I'm sort of done with this whole

going back and rebalancing everything, tbh. It's SUCHHH a chore,  but it must be done. I think I may introduce more public

development opportunities in the future just so that I don't have to do all this needless busy work and get straight into new content. 

That being said, I'm also going back and replacing all generic RPGMaker sounds with canon Pokemon sounds. I use sound

effects a lot so HAHAHAHAHAHA..... It's been a journey. 

...On the bright side, after Terajuma is done, I think I'll practically be done with everything up to Grand Dream City and then

I can finish up what I've started there. God help me when I get to the Help Requests part. 

Can't wait for it man! Take your time.

Spoiler

Don't

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Jan said:

The Garufan Language will probably never get to the point where it's translatable like that. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

---Update---

Okay, so I finally got to Terajuma Island. About to edit Valarie specifically. If I'm honest... I'm sort of done with this whole

going back and rebalancing everything, tbh. It's SUCHHH a chore,  but it must be done. I think I may introduce more public

development opportunities in the future just so that I don't have to do all this needless busy work and get straight into new content. 

That being said, I'm also going back and replacing all generic RPGMaker sounds with canon Pokemon sounds. I use sound

effects a lot so HAHAHAHAHAHA..... It's been a journey. 

...On the bright side, after Terajuma is done, I think I'll practically be done with everything up to Grand Dream City and then

I can finish up what I've started there. God help me when I get to the Help Requests part. 

How about this as an updated team for Valerie? ;P 

Spoiler

MARINEBIOLOGIST

Valerie

PELIPPER,45,DAMPROCK,SCALD,HURRICANE,ICEBEAM,TAILWIND,1,,,,MODEST,31,,,,,252,0,4,0,252,0
TENTACRUEL,47,BLACKSLUDGE,SCALD,ICEBEAM,DAZZLINGGLEAM,SLUDGEBOMB,2,,,,CALM,31,,,,,148,0,0,0,252,108
KABUTOPS,46,LIFEORB,STONEEDGE,WATERFALL,NIGHTSLASH,SUPERPOWER,0,,,,ADAMANT,31,,,,,4,252,0,252,0,0

KINGDRA,46,LUMBERRY,OUTRAGE,WATERFALL,IRONHEAD,DRACOMETEOR,0,,,,NAUGHTY,31,,,,,0,252,0,128,128,0
LUDICOLO,45,LEFTOVERS,GIGADRAIN,FOCUSBLAST,ICEBEAM,SCALD,1,,,,MODEST,31,,,,,252,0,4,0,252,0
GYARADOS,48,GYARADOSITE,DRAGONDANCE,CRUNCH,WATERFALL,ICEFANG,0,,,,ADAMANT,31,,,,,4,252,0,252,0,0

If Rejuv's field effects are the same as Reborn, as I can't remember if it's the exact same or there are differences, then Scald could be replaced by Surf and Waterfall could be replaced by Dive.

Edited by Sarun

a couple of things to think about jan, first off take your time don't worry we will wait.

second the public dev is a good idea id help but im not sure where to start learning sadly

third i think i mentioned this earlier in the thread but ill mention it again we have 10 badges and current cap is 75, in addition to lowering the amount of exp we get you can always have us fight the the 3 remaining leaders in grand dream city and oblierium town in pairs just have them the same level range the first one you face doesn't increase and the second one increases thinking of the way spork did gyms 7 and 8 im sure ICSW wont mind you copying this form spork.

now since we are still in the dark as to 6 of the leaders and 6 of the E8 who will you be  introducing us to this episode

I finished Pokemon Desolation version 4. It was fun while it lasted. But now it's back to going on with my normal day to day activities. And desperately checking this Status thread every day, waiting for Rejuvenation version 9.

As Tommy Wiseau or Kylo Ren would say, It's tearing me apart.

I apparently share the same name as the creator of Rejuvenation. I feel honored to have this name now. Also, I can't find the download link for version 8, could someone help?

When V9 comes out, do we lose all our current progress and have to start over? I wanna finish the current story before V9 comes out, but I don't want to play casual mode.

I saw some people hint at this in the thread... I just started Rejuv two days ago, so I'm a newbi here... Sorry if I'm ignorant :<

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, MechsftwStan said:

When V9 comes out, do we lose all our current progress and have to start over? I wanna finish the current story before V9 comes out, but I don't want to play casual mode.

I saw some people hint at this in the thread... I just started Rejuv two days ago, so I'm a newbi here... Sorry if I'm ignorant :<

No, you won't lose any progress when updating. Your save file is stored in a different folder of your computer.

2 hours ago, MechsftwStan said:

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

No, you won't lose any progress when updating. Your save file is stored in a different folder of your computer.

adding on to what Sand Witch had said as well, version 9 changes a lot map stuff so you may wanna just start a new playthrough anyway and experience the changes.

• Developers
4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Will we gain access to Salamence?

If you can give us access to speed boost Scolipede, Why not Salamence?

This is a strange question/comparison. Scolipede needs TMs and items to do what it really wants. Something it doesn't have access to atm, so it's not as strong as it could be. Salamence requires nothing but its base stats to do well. It also has Moxie, which if set up, is unstoppable. 

On 2/8/2017 at 0:19 PM, Jan said:

This is a strange question/comparison. Scolipede needs TMs and items to do what it really wants. Something it doesn't have access to atm, so it's not as strong as it could be. Salamence requires nothing but its base stats to do well. It also has Moxie, which if set up, is unstoppable. 

Good Point. I have been playing too much showdown, so i guess i'm used to getting whatever moves I want.

On 2/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, Sparco GTR said:

Hey Jan I was just wondering are you thinking of putting slight dialogue options into the game? Not every conversation but at key points like when a character is undergoing development ect. You get to choose a dialogue option kind of like the choice at the end of version 8, but it may not always have a big effect yet make the player fell more involved in the story. It would be cool but this is just my preference, I'm just trying to help give ideas for the future. Can't leave without telling a joke : What's Shreks favorite pokemon?

KY.....OGRE

• Veterans
On 08/02/2017 at 5:19 PM, Jan said:

Just saying but, it really doesn't. All it needs is Baton Pass which it already has through level up and Speed Boost. Now drop that next to something like Haxorus and GG everything. Double Team too, if you wanna be cheeky :P 

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Just saying but, it really doesn't. All it needs is Baton Pass which it already has through level up and Speed Boost. Now drop that next to something like Haxorus and GG everything. Double Team too, if you wanna be cheeky :P 

While this is true, I think it's less devastating than just having Salamence out on the field who can just mow down anything if it at least gets one knock out with Moxie. At least with Scolipede you have to set up a few turns (With protect being a safe way to do so) which brings in risk with your set up. On the subject of Double Team... Double Team is hella gone in v9. 

If it becomes too much of a problem there's always a nice sharp axe waiting for Venipede. 

40 minutes ago, Jan said:

While this is true, I think it's less devastating than just having Salamence out on the field who can just mow down anything if it at least gets one knock out with Moxie. At least with Scolipede you have to set up a few turns (With protect being a safe way to do so) which brings in risk with your set up. On the subject of Double Team... Double Team is hella gone in v9. 

If it becomes too much of a problem there's always a nice sharp axe waiting for Venipede. 

well seeing as we wont get salamence in a while

could you tell us what pokemon you have been planning on adding?

On 2/8/2017 at 7:19 PM, Jan said:

Are you saying my toxic,venoshock,megahorn,irritation scolipede is not good ? #triggered  

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

So uh. Any progress on version 9? I hate to be that dude, since I'm not helping to develop it in any way. Maybe an estimation of when a beta will be released? 3 months? Idk. I just need some update.

It's understandable, it's been like what, 6 months(?) since V8 came out? I don't have a real estimate... I wanted Version 9 to be done in November, but here we are in February. I'm shooting for sometime in April? 

At the rate I'm going it won't be done by then anyway. 

Version 9 sort of turned into something I didn't intend it to. Which is a mega-update. (Which I've reiterated many times already but who doesn't like redundancy.)

It's not as big as an update Version 6 was, but I'd say it's still in the same category. 

I hope that gave you some idea on where Version 9 is at.