• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2017 at 2:05 AM, Jan said:

Me @ that statement I made. 

Hide contents

conceit.JPG

So yeah, originally that was the plan, but Ame/Zumi and a bunch of others came together to collaborate on adding gen 7 content to Reborn/Rejuv... and really any game that wanted it. 

So uh.... SURPRISE!!! Gen 7 is going to be in v9. This means it'll take a bit longer, but I promise you that it'll be worth. That's what I tell myself anyway. 

-----------

Reasons it's going to delay V9:

Rebalancing: If I'm going to add in gen 7 Pokemon, then I'm going to have to rebalance a lot of fights, including Gym Leaders. I've already started compiling trainers in each area and have redone them accordingly. 

So you'll be noticing a lot of battles are different. Some teams have been changed all together. So I really apologize if something is too tough/easy on release. I'm still working stuff out. 

Reworking Wild Encounters: This one is self explanatory. 

Gen 7 mechanics: Tbh, this one won't take long, but it'll hurt my soul because dealing with scripts hurts me sometimes. I think this one will hurt the most because I have to add gen 7 mechs to Fields and aufhdgdfjhgdfg. Oh well, gotta do it. 

-----------

On top of that I'm polishing a lot of various other things like battle sprites, VS sprites, Battle backgrounds, shinies, adding in quality of life features etc... 

So uh... Yeah... Version 9 is going to be a mega update. 

Now when you say gen 7........Mimikyu? Because if mimikyu is in the game I may have to reconsider my entire playthrough (yes I love it that much).  Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

• Developers
5 hours ago, Elios said:

I was wondering... Will V9 have a fast-foward button like Reborn as well as the Field notes and a Dimentional Rift Dex?

Maybe it will have the fast forward button, but probably not the field notes or the Dimensional dex. 

3 hours ago, FleetWood said:

Now when you say gen 7........Mimikyu? Because if mimikyu is in the game I may have to reconsider my entire playthrough (yes I love it that much).  Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

Dunno. Mimikyu can put in some serious work because of Disguise. We'll see. 

17 minutes ago, Jan said:

Maybe it will have the fast forward button, but probably not the field notes or the Dimensional dex. 

Well, I would be more than satisfied with the posible button so that is nice.

15 minutes ago, Jan said:

If you need any help with Disguise, then Marcello or I can possibly help you with the scripting. It's a little more complicated than Schooling or Shields Down to implement, but we've kind of got it done already.

• Developers
40 minutes ago, Sarun said:

If you need any help with Disguise, then Marcello or I can possibly help you with the scripting. It's a little more complicated than Schooling or Shields Down to implement, but we've kind of got it done already.

I mostly meant like... it can take a free hit whenever. So it can set up a Swords Dance/Bulk up for free practically. Don't even want to think about baton passing to it. 

Though I'm not the best at scripting so I might have to take you up on that offer sometime. 

13 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Oh boy just finished V8 so that brings my "fangames that I'm eagerly awaiting the next version of" up to 3.

I hope I don't keep you waiting for too long ^^;

12 minutes ago, Jan said:

I mostly meant like... it can take a free hit whenever. So it can set up a Swords Dance/Bulk up for free practically. Don't even want to think about baton passing to it. 

Though I'm not the best at scripting so I might have to take you up on that offer sometime. 

Balance-wise, it's probably somewhat close to Gyarados-level of game-breaking potential. It doesn't have DD, but it does learn Hone Claws at 41 and Shadow Sneak at 14. Naturally it can also learn Play Rough, Shadow Claw, and Wood Hammer for coverage. Defensive-wise it has three immunities and only two x2 weakness, one of which is Steel and isn't used offensively often and the other one is Ghost, which is basically a type that counters itself. Plus, for utility Mimikyu can also learn Destiny Bond for Dimensional Rifts via breeding along with Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp through TMs. In short, he'll probably have to be placed very late as while he is similar to Gyarados in some aspects, Disguise mixed with the lack of his crippling x4 weakness to Electric, a priority STAB move learned naturally, more utility, three immunities, and double resistance to Bug means that he'll have far more opportunities to set up. We may see him in the next episode being used by a trainer, but as an obtainable mon? Yeah, not likely at all.

Oh man the Mimikyu baton bass could be deadly, in sun/moon I use Z-splash disguise mimikyu but swords dance/play rough could really help me with those pesky gym leaders of yours. Seriously though great job on setting up the gym battles, even if i have the type advantage it will take me at least 2-3 tries to beat the leader, my swampert did nothing to amber the fire type gym leader so it was really fun and challenging   

37 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

If i could make one Teeny tiny request...

Can you please Not Apply the Talonflame Nerf? It would mean a lot to me.

They are aiming to meet canonical technicalities so if he's jumping to 7 I wouldn't be so hopeful about that...

39 minutes ago, Jan said:

Thinking about replacing Wingull with it, yeah. 

Honestly I support this because Fletchling's level up pool is so ass for the longest time and now with the nerf Talonflame isn't even that good.

15 hours ago, Jan said:

Yeah... no the Talonflame nerf is happening, unfortunately, and I do say unfortunately because Tesla has a Talonflame and arghh. 

Easy solution here. Just make her field effect remove the conditional for Gale Wings to activate. An if x || y statement would fit well there. For extra lulz, also make her field effect have the additional bonus of also applying Gale Wings' bonus to Fire-type moves. 

On 1/16/2017 at 7:27 PM, FleetWood said:

Oh man the Mimikyu baton bass could be deadly, in sun/moon I use Z-splash disguise mimikyu but swords dance/play rough could really help me with those pesky gym leaders of yours. Seriously though great job on setting up the gym battles, even if i have the type advantage it will take me at least 2-3 tries to beat the leader, my swampert did nothing to amber the fire type gym leader so it was really fun and challenging   

Start out by sending a Politoed w/ Drizzle or Snover w/ Snow Warning. All of Fire's weaknesses(Water, Ground, and Rock) are covered by Solarbeam so you can't really send out your sweepers against her in the sun without them getting 1-shotted. Plus, no sun means that you're removing 33% of her Fire damage output. Afterwards you're pretty much set to sweep her by spamming Rock Slide or Surf/Bulldoze/Earthquake provided your other mon has immunity to Water or Ground. For maximum sweeping lulz, bring 2 Gastrodons with Storm Drain and spam Surf. Just watch out for Energy Balls if her team has 'em. 

I dont think the nerf is too lethal (ingame), Talonflame still has a superiror speed stat, pretty much above all others lol, its not like its gonna get outsped by alot anyways. i guess the type of ev spread you are able to run is affected, but it'll still be moving first most of the time.

Edited by Milotic

• Developers
1 hour ago, Swampellow said:

And so Jan said: The beaches that were filled with seagulls will now be filled with robins!

It's funny because this is Talonflame's Pokedex entry. 

b44f56aa95a14c9dfa6eecfc73c5cc62.png

If Wingull are being replaced by Fletchling, that could only mean... oh dear. 

D E E P E S T L O R E 

8 hours ago, Sarun said:

Easy solution here. Just make her field effect remove the conditional for Gale Wings to activate. An if x || y statement would fit well there. For extra lulz, also make her field effect have the additional bonus of also applying Gale Wings' bonus to Fire-type moves. 

Start out by sending a Politoed w/ Drizzle or Snover w/ Snow Warning. All of Fire's weaknesses(Water, Ground, and Rock) are covered by Solarbeam so you can't really send out your sweepers against her in the sun without them getting 1-shotted. Plus, no sun means that you're removing 33% of her Fire damage output. Afterwards you're pretty much set to sweep her by spamming Rock Slide or Surf/Bulldoze/Earthquake provided your other mon has immunity to Water or Ground. For maximum sweeping lulz, bring 2 Gastrodons with Storm Drain and spam Surf. Just watch out for Energy Balls if her team has 'em. 

Thats good I didn't think of using snow warning or drizzle thanks!