Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

The hype for the new version is very real! I'm almost at the point of starting a new game just to discover the new place the way the should be discovered but I don't think I want to sacrifice my team for this :unsure:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Update #4 - 10/26/16

Today's update is a little late, b-but I was busy!! I promise!!!

6o0Ox8J.png

Route 3 takes the cake for the second most reworked area (That you guys have seen) in the game. Unfortunately I wasn't able to map the vision I had for

this route the first time so I guess Route 3 times the charm...heh.

09ca755d5a3fdb2f53aab54bcfb19514.png

436a51750aa82c691ce07ca038a11a46.png

619a87339da9993edf9a0e7e34861af8.png

Corta Forest -> Mirage Woods

5873a9a9cb0783c5b8c900da5848a268.png

One of my goals for these -final- and I mean -final- reworks was to give some sort of an exploration aspect. There aren't many places

you can go after you finish the route on your first go. Hopefully these reworks will change things and give more content to keep players

busy.

----------------------------

Next up is an important update. Amaria. She's the last person in the game I'm just not content with. Originally her name was pulled from one of

my friends at the time (Contrary to popular belief, it was not taken from Reborn, but I can see why one would think that). I originally was going

to change her name a long time ago to avoid confusion but my friend who was -very- adamant insisted that it stayed that way. Unfortunately

for her, this will not be the case anymore.

Amaria -> Amanda

VQsVGG1.pngPoYwccC.png

I didn't like how similar her and Hilda were, so I just decided to overwork her appearance completely. She still has the notable aspects of who Amaria once was, but in a different fashion.

Lastly, I'd like to show off some updated player character models for Aevia, Axel and Ariana.

Aevia

UKj7ZV0.png-->st10B2s.png

Ariana

0nl6ZXv.png-->4ZBD3p6.png

Axel

-TQu6HEe.png->UUpbrgd.png

Small detail, but big for some...There will actually be running animations for each character (I wanted to show them now, but imgur is being a shit. I'll show them next week.)

I don't know if I'm going to go to the other characters and update them quite yet for next week, but we'll see.

That's it for now. Sorry for the late update. Next week is the final update for a while. We're going to take a look at Grand Dream City! I know that's what most of you are looking forward to c:

• Developers

So the path to that little settlement behind the Kingdra statue, there's no need for getting the ancient wing now? Just surf that?

Nah, there are events blocking the pool. It just isn't present here in the picture.

I will say that I really like the new Route 3 although i am sad we will never see what was on top of the old cliffs

I have mixed feelings about the new Corta Forest, from what I can tell it is the same amount of space, just now it seems almost too linear, i liked how it curved before.

Did somebody make the sprites for those cave entrances and trailers?

Those actually look pretty legit.

Also noticed the improved gatehouses. Looks real sharp.

Edited by 5hift

• Developers

Did somebody make the sprites for those cave entrances and trailers?

Those actually look pretty legit.

Also noticed the improved gatehouses. Looks real sharp.

Mhm. I sprited all three myself.

Edit: Well to be more precise, I sprited the top down view of the gates. Zumi did the side to side because perspective pls.

• Developers

Gen 5 Graphics changed everything man, they're so good. Also is Corta forest now Mirage woods, or is Mirage woods being added to Corta forest?

Corta Forest is no longer. Mirage Woods is what replaces it.

This might be silly but since the litwick sidequest has been reset will my level 75 chandelure dissapear xD or will we just end up with an extra litwick?

Extra Litwick. No update will ever change your file that drastically.

Corta Forest is no longer. Mirage Woods is what replaces it.

What about 'mons caught in Corta Forest? Will they still display "Corta Forest" as their caught location? It'd be kinda cool if it did.

What about 'mons caught in Corta Forest? Will they still display "Corta Forest" as their caught location? It'd be kinda cool if it did.

I imagine it'll be like in pokemon reborn where the capture locations just reads "REMOVED"

what are you gonna do with teh TMs you have in these updated areas?

are you gonna move them to a later part of the game or place them in different areas?

Probably relocate them as nessisary

• Developers

what are you gonna do with teh TMs you have in these updated areas?

are you gonna move them to a later part of the game or place them in different areas?

They won't move. They'll still be in the same area.