Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so, i'm either missing something or i forgot.. Who's Mrs.Crash?

It was a lady who, when spoken to, crashed the game if I remember right. I don't know the details just the jist.

• Developers

Update - #3 - 10/19/16

Y7vAuhp.png

Before I start today's update...Last time I said I would go into two new character reworks, but I'm only going to go over one of them today because the other one is going under some tweaks.

That being said...The girl with the Psychic charm has been visually reworked!

HG6MHUe.pngQDEvQcm.png

On a journey alone, Nim finds the one who she thinks she can finally trust....that's you!

Nim was always supposed to come off as this weird and ditzy girl who didn't exactly fit in. While her previous design did get that point across...It was pretty bland and it didn't really stick out as

much as I've wanted it to. I've kept some of the same design elements of Nim, but added a little bit more flair.

-------------------------------

Amethyst Cave Rework #3

Amethyst Cave...This area has given me so much trouble, but I think I've finally created a permanent design and theme that will finally send the vibe I was trying to create.

Here are some screenshots of the new Amethyst Cave!

f46d23772949394290679cd299492491.pngbf686927e8dc92b8b301f8c4f4b5bb00.png

d3fda8dbbfd2e88de111971d9e494e74.png

Amethyst Cave was always supposed to be this place where you could tell that it's been heavily processed and hollowed through*. Previous iterations haven't exactly gotten that across.

In the new Amethyst Cave, you'll find abandoned mine carts, jewels, and machines that unveil a secret that -also- hasn't been thoroughly translated...

What that secret is? Well, maybe you'll learn a thing or two by completing the "Litwick Sidequest" again. (Event has been reset for old save files. This quest is also renamed the "Amethyst Mines" sidequest).

*(Those pink areas in the snapshots indicate a hole in the ground. You'll be able to see lower floors through them.)

---------------------------------

That's all there is for this update. Short one, I know. Next week we'll get into the final reworked area(s), and one final reworked character.

After that, I think it's time to head on over to Grand Dream City.

CURSED IMAGE (Supplied by Zumi)

tumblr_inline_odtkawF7eg1rng9yv_500.gif

Wow, Amethyst Cave looks basically a whole new place and it's great. I'm eager to revisit and get that Litwick again. I wonder what the next reworked area is. Sheridan? It doesn't feel much like a village and I can only wonder what Jan would have in store. Keep up the amazing work!

• Global Mods

I tried to find a pic of Courtney saying "Look at that drill " in ORAS as a response to all the drills in Amethyst Cave, but I couldn't find one for some reason D:

Also I really like Nim's new design. I think the facial expression fits her really well.

Wow! Amethyst cave looks so much cooler now. It was my least favourite area in the game, but now it looks fantastic.

Nim's sprite was also one of the blander ones and now she's looking really cool.

would you please to return back passing down TM/HM move by father feature? i know it is removed in gen 6.. but that thing is so helpful.. i just play intense mode, and now i'm just like "how the fck to beat Amber?" xD