Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm late, please forgive me senpai~

Just thought I'd post this since it seems appropriate EDIT: Inb4 I actually forgot how to link videos and now I'm embarrassed RIP

Good work as always Jan, and really loving the new soundtrack Zumi ;) I'll be listening to it nonstop until I grow tired of it and never want to hear it again, like I do with all other music tracks I like.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

welcome back jan, im curious as to which characters or leaders we will be introduced to next, tho i do beleive we need to go into grand dream city with this episode. cant wait to see what the inside of it looks like even if it's just a early concept of it

• Developers

v5MKOmZ.png

First update!

Gearen City has been left neglected for far too long. It's up to two daring people to change things for the better...!

Jan and Zumi join the fight!

Similar to Ame's appearance in Reborn, you can find Jan at the new Gearen Laboratory...for like 5 seconds and then I disappear for the whole game. You can find Zumi at the Magnolia Library anytime, though!

Jan and Zumi, originally from Grand Dream City, have made their way to Gearen City to make it a better place. Next time you walk around Gearen City, you'll notice some differences.

One major difference is Venam's Gym! Due to the concern of the "Corruption" or rather, the "Badland's Curse" spreading, Venam's old gym was demolished in favor of a Badlands research center.

Do not fret! Venam was given her own section of the factory to use as her gym and it looks like she appreciates it... I think. Rumor has it that there's also a secret to her gym, but who knows what it could be?

But trying to run a research center on your own takes up a lot of income. There's no way two ordinary people could fund something as big as a factory. That's why Jan and Zumi evicted every single resident of Gearen City in favor of new office buildings!!

The Velvet, Aqua, Emerald, and Violet Apartments have been reconstructed into the Velvet, Aqua, Emerald, and Violet Buildings!

They are also now color coated now. (Due to request!)

c6eb41f367dbbe73e36bfb99d3c2eec1.png

Finally, the Abandoned Sewer has been remodeled. Nothing to really say here. Design is overall pretty similar. Mostly a structural change.

---------------------

Oh, and for those wondering what happened to the dear, precious lives who once resided in Gearen...They were given free apartments in Grand Dream City as compensation. They're living the life right now. You'll be seeing some familiar(?) residents at Grand Dream City when you get there!!

Though... some haven't left because they can't cope with the reality that their home is no longer there...

----------------------

For those of you who can't BEAR to live life without Jan, do not fear! Jan is now the official Gym Guide. Panels will be located around designated arenas. (Of course, sometimes there won't be for story reasons, but someone around will help you instead.)

You may be wondering... what happens to the old gym guides? Well...

----------------------

Finally, we've hired new New Nurse Joys because the old ones were lame and boring....Oh, that and there are two new worker trainer classes. o7

That's all for now. I'll see you guys next Wednesday. (The status chart will be updated every Wednesday now too.)

TL:DR version:

-Jan and Zumi are here.

-Jan is the new gym guide.

-Gearen Apartments have been remodeled.

-Venam's Gym has been remodeled.

-Gearen City has been cleaned up/changed slightly.

-Abandoned Sewers has been remodeled.

-Two new trainer classes. (Worker Trainer Class).

• Developers

Oh, so does this mean that Big Bad Battle Girl with her overleveled mons is no longer there? RIP my dark type training strategy.

Now, now... let's not jump to conclusions here...

Now, now... let's not jump to conclusions here...

Oh good, I was worried that she wouldn't be there to shrek nubs.

Now I wonder if Mrs. Crash has been relocated to Grand Dream as well.

Also, Gearen for most reworked area in Rejuv? At least for the number of times.

Edited by Swampellow

Glad to see that Version 9 is on it's way! Though, I'm not happy about the fact that I have to restart this entire memetastic game again..

Edited by Lagspike

If version 9 is like a large scale update technically and also story vise then should I wait to download version 9 directly? Because I loved this game from youtube walkthroughs but still if it's going to be a big one then maybe i'll just wait it out?

• Global Mods

If version 9 is like a large scale update technically and also story vise then should I wait to download version 9 directly? Because I loved this game from youtube walkthroughs but still if it's going to be a big one then maybe i'll just wait it out?

I remember it being said that V8 is short but V9 will be big and hectic, which I can easily see given our destination.

Oh good, I was worried that she wouldn't be there to shrek nubs.

Now I wonder if Mrs. Crash has been relocated to Grand Dream as well.

Also, Gearen for most reworked area in Rejuv? At least for the number of times.

who is mrs.crash again? also yeah I'm glad the overleveled trainer is still there so will this map be updated when we return in the story in version nine or will gearean city start this way

Edited by nepeta100

who is mrs.crash again? also yeah I'm glad the overleveled is the trainer is there still so will this map be updated when we return in the story in version nine or will gearean city start this way

Mrs. Crash aka happiness checker. Back in the previous versions, talk to her cause the game to crash if you're curious.

Also, that title music is awesome! I'm addicted to it~