Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

It's great to see this game keep on progressing! I love the story you're telling, Jan, it's definitely of a quality comparable to some commercial games I've played. The difficulty can be hellish at times, but then again, the satisfaction of finally beating that cheating jerk NPC and getting that "in your face, you cheating jerk" :P feeling is that much greater at the end of it all. B) The big saving grace is you didn't choose to do an Undertale approach and have the game remember all those 10 failed attempts and hold them against you or anything! That would have been too trippy! :lol: That said, I do love Toby Fox's work there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Update # 2 10/12/2016

biadCiK.png

Unlike Gearen City, there's another place that received a higher scale rework.

Those would be Goldenwood Forest, Goldenwood Cave and Goldenwood Grotto!

Goldenwood Forest:

9179d5ccba9ed44c94ed8e4805e1c425.png

1478761e6ec038ead541c4fd7b3a2bd6.png

Goldenwood Cave:

037ab73fa114af4d54c277a0a79329bf.png

Goldenwood Grotto

c92a607d5254a256a73136ff1bb4375d.png

In addition to that, two other things had a visual rework of their own. Zetta and the Dimensional Rift!

bd33529810ddd35e5d6137a3bbc6cd62.png104e9b81c5ec7674cff4f25e7bbb0056.png

9mKfIWn.gif

------------------------------------

Deviating from stuff in Goldenwood Forest...Introducing Challenge Trainers!

f389122f444120ad8ad6b351e120d3c4.png

Challenge trainers add a unique new type of battle that focuses more on themes and specific strategies to overcome any battle. The troll trainer with the Alakazam in Gearen City is now replaced with a challenge trainer. Though the battle is different, I'm sure you'll suffer all the same. If you can defeat all* of the challenge trainers, something nice will happen!

*Note, not all of the challenge trainers will be present in V9.

------------------------------------

Something that I've really struggled with is showing expression within NPC's and certain characters. It's really hard to see what a person is feeling when they're just a punch of clumped up pixels. So, because of that, I've added more "emotes" and "poses".

Here are some examples:

ba1e5070073c3f49c374943027689f56.png

D0Sk8Q5.gifJ9W7Pyg.gif

-----------------------

And finally... Two new Pokeballs! These are the Mineral and Steam Balls.

Mineral Ball: Specializes in capturing Rock, Ground, and Steel-Types.

Steam: Specializes in capturing Water, and Fire-Types.

2baf7b7ed7ab0d2b47a9dde6d166f49a.png

-----------------------

That's all for now. Next Wednesday we'll go to another place that has gotten a visual rework. As well as two more characters that have gotten visual reworks themselves!

Edit: Updated the first status post.

Holy fucking shit. I think I just got a kreygasm reading the update. To be completely honest, this game far outshines Reborn when it comes to graphics and visuals, though it may not hold that spot now that E16 is right around the corner ;)

I've got a question though, are the challenge trainers gonna be like 1 ridiculously OP Pokemon like Solaris' Garchomp in Reborn or are they going to have an entire team of unfathomably strong pokemon, and that is why we would have to learn a strategy to be able to defeat them. Also, will we be able to come back and fight these trainers whenever we like, or do they become unavailable after a certain story point. Since it would be much easier to fight a jerkishly strong team with a level 75 team than a level 45 team like the one seen in the teaser.

• Developers

Holy fucking shit. I think I just got a kreygasm reading the update. To be completely honest, this game far outshines Reborn when it comes to graphics and visuals, though it may not hold that spot now that E16 is right around the corner ;)

I've got a question though, are the challenge trainers gonna be like 1 ridiculously OP Pokemon like Solaris' Garchomp in Reborn or are they going to have an entire team of unfathomably strong pokemon, and that is why we would have to learn a strategy to be able to defeat them. Also, will we be able to come back and fight these trainers whenever we like, or do they become unavailable after a certain story point. Since it would be much easier to fight a jerkishly strong team with a level 75 team than a level 45 team like the one seen in the teaser.

It depends on the trainer you're dealing with.. The two shown here have 1 main Pokemon with support Pokemon to back them up. That's not to say that you should dismiss the supports. One wrong move and you'll be in for a hell of a trip. Off course this won't always be the case, and I'll have to include certain things to make them interesting, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

And yes, you'll be able to face these trainers any time throughout the game. There is no cut off point. I haven't decided if I wanted to scale the teams with the # of badges up or not... We'll see.

• Developers

Let's see here... 19%, mkay... posted on Sept. 29th, mkay... More progress then I could've made, ever.

There's only a huge spike in progress because I'm getting the easy stuff out of the way first. So that just sort of flies by. It'll slow down eventually.

Keep up the great work Jan!

Honestly this game is everything that a fan game should be, I'm actually really excited to get to do a new play-through on the highest difficulty when v9 comes out, it should be fun because even in Reborn mode I got my ass kicked a number of times :)

Don't feel pressured to get the update done any faster than it needs to be, the quality of your games outshines all of the crappy fan games that are full of bugs and repetitive content.