Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Developers

Update 5 (Final) - 11/2/2016

vRUKOMc.png

- Grand Dream City -

Pretty sure this is -the- most anticipated area, and with good reason. It's the final hub area in the game. (It's so weird to say that.)

I won't go into a lot of specifics, but Grand Dream City will have everything you want and more. It's a city where dreams come true. A dream where hope is born.

What does Grand Dream City offer?

-A new experience depending on the time of day.-

That's right, npcs will differ depending if it's during the day or at night. No area is the same, and many have secrets at each time.* Please note that some areas are still under construction and what you see won't necessarily be in the final version *

8LcowxE.png

--------------------------------------------------

Weather Boards-

Because Grand Dream City is located under a huge dome, weather is easily manipulated.

By paying a small fee, you can change the weather at any time. Besides in-battle effects, it also has overworld effects.

Some NPCs won't be present during some weather effects. However, some NPCs will ONLY appear during certain weather.

Some examples:

i0zaRSV.png

--------------------------------------

Department of Dreams.

pYneNCm.png

This is what a lot of people have been waiting for. THE DEPARTMENT STORE...But if you think I'm just going to let you walk in and buy any item you want without some sort of catch, well, dear,

you just don't know me enough.

The Department of Dreams will work similarly to Reborn's department store. Instead of stickers to gain access to each floor, you'll need to gain popularity. Popularity is gained through stamps.

Stamps act exactly like Reborn's stickers. You collect more, you gain more floors. (Max 11 as of now).

Be careful, though... There are only 100 stamps in Grand Dream City. Many people dream to get to the top of the Department Store. Only very few have. Will you be able to collect enough stamps without

getting yourself in a world of trouble?

--------------------------------------------------

Lastly, (And this is the reason why this post was late, but it was #worth) we have new official artwork for each of the protagonists! (Drawn by Zumi!)

Aevis:

aevis_by_ziodyyne-dan7o56.png

Aevia:

aevia_by_ziodyyne-dan7o7i.png

Axel:

axel_by_ziodyyne-dan7o6b.png

Aria:

aria_by_ziodyyne-dan7o6r.png

Alain:

alain_by_ziodyyne-dan7o61.png

Aero

aero_by_ziodyyne-dan7o5o.png

Thank you guys for sticking around with me! Of course there will be other updates in the future, but they won't be weekly anymore. I'll update what I think is best to update you all on.

Until then, see you guys next time!

Edited by Zumi
tfw i uploaded the official art to deviantart and it broke half of the images im sorry jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the protagonists appearance change even when we get the outfits that Irvin leaves for us in the past? Like their hair or different clothes or will it stay the same? And this is bugging me for a weird reason and I feel silly for asking but what age are the protagonists? XD Love the updates Jan by the way Jan!!! And you too Zumi having awesome drawings!!! You're the best!!! :)

Edited by SukaiChris

• Developers

Will the protagonists appearance change even when we get the outfits that Irvin leaves for us in the past? Like their hair or different clothes or will it stay the same? And this is bugging me for a weird reason and I feel silly for asking but what age are the protagonists? XD Love the updates Jan by the way Jan!!! And you too Zumi having awesome drawings!!! You're the best!!! :)

Their age is intentionally left vague (As I'd rather their age be decided by the player).

Will you be able to collect enough stamps without

getting yourself in a world of trouble?

I'm pretty sure most of us already know the answer to this question. Though it would sure be nice to have things go the protagonist's way for once, we all know this won't be the case ;)

Lastly, (And this is the reason why this post was late, but it was #worth) we have new official artwork for each of the protagonists! (Drawn by Zumi!)

Aevis:

1_by_ziodyyne-dan7o56.png

Aevia:

2_by_ziodyyne-dan7o7i.png

Axel:

4_by_ziodyyne-dan7o6b.png

Aria:

3_by_ziodyyne-dan7o6r.png

Alain:

5_by_ziodyyne-dan7o61.png

Aero

6_by_ziodyyne-dan7o5o.png

Thank you guys for sticking around with me! Of course there will be other updates in the future, but they won't be weekly anymore. I'll update what I think is best to update you all on.

Until then, see you guys next time!

cool artwork and names (im pretty sure they had names before but they probably weren't as widely known) that makes them easier to ship lel

• Developers

Hi,I am a Chinese ,and I very like your game。Can I transelete it into Chinese for my Chinese friends?

Hello ^^;! You can translate it for your friends, but be aware that dialogue changes from version to version. If anything I'd wait for the game to be completely finished before anything is translated.

• Developers

hrm alreadly 75% of the story done not sure wither to take this sign as a small update or a large one the way jan works

Keep in mind that I haven't updated the actual status bar for three weeks. The story is all I've really been working on lately. I'm not going to say how long or short it is because I don't want to make a promise. But it's definitely longer than V8.

Hello ^^;! You can translate it for your friends, but be aware that dialogue changes from version to version. If anything I'd wait for the game to be completely finished before anything is translated.

Ok ,thanks.Do you know how to open the moves.dat?

Keep in mind that I haven't updated the actual status bar for three weeks. The story is all I've really been working on lately. I'm not going to say how long or short it is because I don't want to make a promise. But it's definitely longer than V8.

i know i know jan that was just my impression from when i seen the status saying that are we only going to get to see one part of grand dream city in e9?

If Grand Dream City was near Caratos Mountain, it'd be Grand Steam City.

If it had food toppings, it'd be Grand Cream City.

If it had the Hyper Beam TM, it'd be Grand Beam City.

If it had a lot of Internet references, it'd be Grand Meme City.

If it had a lot of double battles, it'd be Grand Team City

If it had a lot of plotting behind the scenes, it'd be Grand Scheme City

If there was a river, it'd be Grand Stream City

If it had a clothing store, it'd be Grand Seam City

Edited by Tempo17