Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jan said:

It's funny because this is Talonflame's Pokedex entry. 

b44f56aa95a14c9dfa6eecfc73c5cc62.png

If Wingull are being replaced by Fletchling, that could only mean... oh dear. 

D E E P E S T L O R E 

I wouldn't mind if this dex log was the official log for Rejuv's Talonflame.  That's some deep shit right there.

Hey Jan just wondering in terms of levels, the average (for me at least) is 75, as the game goes on peoples pokemon will become a higher level, when the game gets to a point that pokemon are lvl 95-100 will the story continue, finish it or throw in a really low exp curve, I was just wondering since i was wondering if the story will just continue. Doesn't matter either way its an awesome game and I was just curious

• Developers
55 minutes ago, FleetWood said:

Hey Jan just wondering in terms of levels, the average (for me at least) is 75, as the game goes on peoples pokemon will become a higher level, when the game gets to a point that pokemon are lvl 95-100 will the story continue, finish it or throw in a really low exp curve, I was just wondering since i was wondering if the story will just continue. Doesn't matter either way its an awesome game and I was just curious

I'm putting gaps in between level caps to make sure we dont get to lv 100 before the end of the game. If that does become the case then I'll have to do some rebalancing or slow down the exp rate... I'm already planning to do that honestly if things get too out of control. 

On 1/13/2017 at 3:28 AM, DreamblitzX said:

lvl over 100 out of the question in that case ? Xd 

This reply is directed to Jan but I can't delete this accidental quote for some reason

Edited by DemICE

• Developers
Just now, DemICE said:

lvl over 100 out of the question in that case ? Xd

I think it's something I'll have to do in post game. There's no way to keep it interesting otherwise. There's no real progression. 

What about an EX level that pokemon can get after level 100 that requires around 10 times as much XP as going from level 99 to level 100 but that increases the pokemon's stats by around 7 times(ish) as much as a regular level-up increases the pokemon's stats?

• Developers
2 hours ago, HYCROX said:

Then you could give Madame X a lvl 110 Yveltal :]]]]]]

1 hour ago, HYCROX said:

What about an EX level that pokemon can get after level 100 that requires around 10 times as much XP as going from level 99 to level 100 but that increases the pokemon's stats by around 7 times(ish) as much as a regular level-up increases the pokemon's stats?

pls.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

At the endgame when we reach level 100, will the final battles be at level 100 regardless of difficulty mode? Wondering because in Casual, Madame X's Yveltal is at level 90.  

Yeah, I actually fixed this for all versions in V9. It was just the difficutly mode script automatically setting it to 90 when it shouldn't have.

53 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I know Game development is hard and takes a lot of time, so i'm not trying to push Jan to rush the game...

But if that Status bar pushes beyond 41% by the time I finish Playing the Assassin's Creed Colonial Trilogy, I'd be surprised. Pleasantly Surprised.

Yeah, Gen 7 halted progress quite a bit. It'll start moving again once it's done. 

Would it not make the game better if we get to level 100 and then everything continues regardless? like we still have to work on getting megas and z-moves which our opponents could have as a way of making them more powerful then us even though we both have level 100 pokemon. Don't forget about field effects too , and to be honest i think the game would be more challenging if we both have lvl 100 pokemon and we have to use some sort of tacticts to get past our foe. i do not see how having level 100 pokemon makes the game easier. And when we get to capturing legendary pokemon they would be more badass if they are encountered at level 100? just my thoughts.

P.S. I beat the Giratina with Altaria using perish song xD

(R.I.P. gabe the doggo)

Edited by Gardevoir4president
forgot to add something

• Developers
7 hours ago, Gardevoir4president said:

Would it not make the game better if we get to level 100 and then everything continues regardless? like we still have to work on getting megas and z-moves which our opponents could have as a way of making them more powerful then us even though we both have level 100 pokemon. Don't forget about field effects too , and to be honest i think the game would be more challenging if we both have lvl 100 pokemon and we have to use some sort of tacticts to get past our foe. i do not see how having level 100 pokemon makes the game easier. And when we get to capturing legendary pokemon they would be more badass if they are encountered at level 100? just my thoughts.

P.S. I beat the Giratina with Altaria using perish song xD

(R.I.P. gabe the doggo)

That'd be only entertaining for so long. Things will stagnate after a while. The feel of "I'm getting stronger' no longer applies which makes growth halt yada yada etc etc. Plus, adding more levels gives me a bit more room to work with in general. It'd become super boring for me after a while if there's no variety.

----

Also, quick question, and anyone can reply to this.

Would you guys like it if I made Island Dexes instead of one big Region Dex? Basically the same as the Alolan Dex where there's a Melemele Dex, Akala dex, Ula Ula dex, and Poni dex. 

I think it'd be more organized this way and it'd be easier to figure out where Pokemon is in game. Of course, if this happens, I won't be doing it until way later. I just wanted to know what you all thought of that idea.

I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be like the Island Dexes.  Aevium is very similar to Alola in the way it presents itself.  Used to be one region, but it's separated into different islands, or Districts.  I'm in favor of having Island Dexes not just because it's more organized, but because it follows with the lore of the Aevium region as well.

For example, there would be a Floria Dex, Terajuma Dex, Terrial Dex, and Judicial Dex.  Depends on if we're talking about islands, or districts, really.

13 hours ago, Jan said:

That'd be only entertaining for so long. Things will stagnate after a while. The feel of "I'm getting stronger' no longer applies which makes growth halt yada yada etc etc. Plus, adding more levels gives me a bit more room to work with in general. It'd become super boring for me after a while if there's no variety.

----

Would you guys like it if I made Island Dexes instead of one big Region Dex? Basically the same as the Alolan Dex where there's a Melemele Dex, Akala dex, Ula Ula dex, and Poni dex. 

I think it'd be more organized this way and it'd be easier to figure out where Pokemon is in game. Of course, if this happens, I won't be doing it until way later. I just wanted to know what you all thought of that idea.

Would it not be slightly irritating to have multiple dexes why not just arrange them in number order like bulbapeida with the alolan pokemon starting after the last gen 6 pokemon :/ 

P.S. I am not familiar with how it works in sun and moon i'm just spit balling

16 hours ago, Jan said:

----

Definitely, if we wanted to complete the pokedex or track 'mons down that we wanted to catch it would be a lot easier than googling it xD  

21 hours ago, Jan said:

----

It nay be fun to use island dexes since they were pretty helpful in Sun and Moon instead of having tl go into the bags and have to look at the maps. (Not saying I didn't like having maps in our bags hahah)

On 1/22/2017 at 3:42 AM, Jan said:

----

It's fine. It would make searching mons in a certain island easier, although I would like it if the big region dex is also available alongside the Island dexes. Sometimes it's just easier to search a mon ordered by dex number.

On 19/01/2017 at 11:31 PM, Jan said:

I'm putting gaps in between level caps to make sure we dont get to lv 100 before the end of the game. If that does become the case then I'll have to do some rebalancing or slow down the exp rate... I'm already planning to do that honestly if things get too out of control. 

if i remember correct we have 10 badges and current cap is 75 so yo may need to do both

• Developers
Just now, tomikson said:

I have a question

how will we fight elite 8 will it be like in the games or like gym battlles because battling 8 powerful opponents in a row seems too much

I meant to go into this a while ago. I get asked this question so many times so I might as well just answer it.

Contrary to popular belief, you won't be fighting all 8 at once. Four of them act as gatekeepers. No one knows where the Pokemon League is except for them. 

10 minutes ago, Jan said:

I meant to go into this a while ago. I get asked this question so many times so I might as well just answer it.

Contrary to popular belief, you won't be fighting all 8 at once. Four of them act as gatekeepers. No one knows where the Pokemon League is except for them. 

So essentially we will need to find those four around the region and they will tell us how to get to the actual elite 4?

• Developers
Just now, EliteFlyingTaco said:

So essentially we will need to find those four around the region and they will tell us how to get to the actual elite 4?

This is correct. There will be one version dedicated exclusively to this.