TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

seeing aya have a poison point nidoqueen with stomping tantrum made me cringe.  it seems it's been a long time since i played regular reborn and many questionable changes have been made since the first time i played through the early-mid  game

7 hours ago, DemICE said:

seeing aya have a poison point nidoqueen with stomping tantrum made me cringe.  it seems it's been a long time since i played regular reborn and many questionable changes have been made since the first time i played through the early-mid  game

i don't remember playing reborn much in its early days other than florinia having perma sand and a curse/rock tomb cradily, but how bad was aya nerfed out of curiosity? pretty sure shade losing chandelure made him easier as well, but i think that was necessary since chandy is sirius' ace. 

26 minutes ago, bloo123 said:

i don't remember playing reborn much in its early days other than florinia having perma sand and a curse/rock tomb cradily, but how bad was aya nerfed out of curiosity? pretty sure shade losing chandelure made him easier as well, but i think that was necessary since chandy is sirius' ace. 

i could swear her nidoqueen was sheer force  earth power for example.  

I'm a newcomer to the game, I just started ep 18 in October, just after I watched Ttar beat Julia and enter the Obsidia Ward. He got me interested in playing. 
I only know of a few changes I've read about in old threads here while Googling strategies or other information. 

i.e Researching Rademous, I kept reading a lot of comments mentioning that he was loaded with rock moves whereas the Rademous I fought was loaded with fighting moves which is far more logical to cover his weakness. 
I avoid all spoilers possible but I use the Wiki for things such as Gym Leader preparation and certain events or items. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

You can see some of the changes between earlier versions of Reborn and EP18 by just looking at some Let's Plays or Nuzlockes on Youtube. Some of them date back to Ep15 i think....There has been quite a lot of change to the game over time. Gen 6 and 7 were implemented, Pulse Pokémon became something like a "dark mega evolution", which was different before Gen 6 was a thing.....

I have to admit that while i am a member of this forum only since april this year, i have played Reborn for a way longer time than that, but i was never the type to use forums at all back then. To be honest i don't even remember at which episode i started, but if memory serves right it was before Gen 6 was implemented....

It's really awesome how far this game has come since then.....what was it? April 2012, when Version 1 of the game launched? All the more reason to be hyped for EP19....

For some reason i hope that TTar won't make it through the game before the EP19 release, so he can update the game and properly finish it. But i guess i'm hoping for too much here XD

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

You can see some of the changes between earlier versions of Reborn and EP18 by just looking at some Let's Plays or Nuzlockes on Youtube. Some of them date back to Ep15 i think....There has been quite a lot of change to the game over time. Gen 6 and 7 were implemented, Pulse Pokémon became something like a "dark mega evolution", which was different before Gen 6 was a thing.....

I have to admit that while i am a member of this forum only since april this year, i have played Reborn for a way longer time than that, but i was never the type to use forums at all back then. To be honest i don't even remember at which episode i started, but if memory serves right it was before Gen 6 was implemented....

It's really awesome how far this game has come since then.....what was it? April 2012, when Version 1 of the game launched? All the more reason to be hyped for EP19....

For some reason i hope that TTar won't make it through the game before the EP19 release, so he can update the game and properly finish it. But i guess i'm hoping for too much here XD

Considering the rate he's doing this at, yah, that ain't happening.

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You can see some of the changes between earlier versions of Reborn and EP18 by just looking at some Let's Plays or Nuzlockes on Youtube.

I started watching Dai Laughing's playthrough which is ep 17 I believe so there were some differences I noticed (i.e the rivals have B/W starters instead of S/M). 
Although he does amusing voices for the characters and sounds a lot like James especially when he exaggerates for certain characters such as El/Elias, he's not quite as interesting as Ttar but he's not bad. 
I might continue. 

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I concur, I hope ep. 19 is released before both he or I get through 18. 
Considering the rate he's going currently, I don't think we're in danger of a release hiatus. 
To be honest, I was a little annoyed that he did practically nothing in this last episode though the more he drags it out the longer he'll take to finish and the better chance we have of an ep release before he gets through 18. 

2 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I started watching Dai Laughing's playthrough which is ep 17 I believe so there were some differences I noticed (i.e the rivals have B/W starters instead of S/M). 
Although he does amusing voices for the characters and sounds a lot like James especially when he exaggerates for certain characters such as El/Elias, he's not quite as interesting as Ttar but he's not bad. 
I might continue.

Dai Laughing startet his Nuzlocke in August 2016. At that point the game should have been at EP15, since EP16 was released in December 2016 And yeah, the rivals had B/W starters instead of S/M because the game did only go up to Gen 6, which would be X/Y and OR/AS.

Also you might notice that some Pokémon had sprites that were a lot different from what they are now. And of course gym leaders and other important characters had slightly different Pokémon on their team. And i can tell you from personal experience that beating the gym leaders was a different experience than it is today. Some people say that a lot of gym leaders got nerfed over the episodes. I'd like to think of it as adjusting the difficulty curve to match the point in game you're currently at...

While you are picking up your pitchforks and torches to start the witch TTar hunt, pls don't forget to remind him that he can get EXP Share in Spinel Town.

Maybe @DreamblitzX should try to get through to him on that, and tell him how to get it step by step, since it would help TTar a lot in terms of leveling new additions to the team.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

While you are picking up your pitchforks and torches to start the witch TTar hunt, pls don't forget to remind him that he can get EXP Share in Spinel Town.

Maybe @DreamblitzX should try to get through to him on that, and tell him how to get it step by step, since it would help TTar a lot in terms of leveling new additions to the team.

The information is available to him, but I haven't heard from him in a while, so not certain he's been reading it recently

I edited my comment to include the Wiki link which provides the answers:
https://pokemon-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Spinel_Town#Missing_Furniture
I, however, also tried to suggest via comment that he use Wanja in the Kiki battle which you know the outcome of so thus far it seems he hasn't read my comments. 

----

Christ!
I knew Debbie would be carrying that battle but I'm quite floored at how hardcore he put himself in that position. 
What was he thinking exchanging Jauques for TWO UNDER-LEVELED flying types?

BTW I made the furniture quest comment again (including the Wiki link).

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

9 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I edited my comment to include the Wiki link which provides the answers:
https://pokemon-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Spinel_Town#Missing_Furniture
I, however, also tried to suggest via comment that he use Wanja in the Kiki battle which you know the outcome of so thus far it seems he hasn't read my comments. 

in his defense that's a lots of comments to sit through you might be better off messaging it on discord

The dude is as confused as ever....I'm still going with my theory that he got hit with Confuse Ray as a child and the damage was permanent...

So instead of just training up more than 6 Pokémon (like every sane person would do if they saw that some of their team members won't do a thing in the upcoming gym) he instead decides to drop 3 of his core Members into the PC and take 3 random Pokémon with him so he can cheat the roulette for the start of the next episode? I'm calling punishment, because we all know that karma is a b*tch.....I'll laugh so hard if it hits Debbie XD

That aside we're about to get some good old TTar panic attacks cause next up is "Dr. Geezer" as Cain would put it, as well as the Meteor hideout, Steelix on steroids and Sir Abra the armored knight of Hyper Beams.....

Alright fellow Rebornians I dont normally ask for much but after seeing Ttar play that weird horror game and asked for more, there is one I really want to see him play because it is something I think he enjoy. The game is called Ib and it is a nice little gem horror puzzle game.

And on a different note, I kind of dislike the roulette rule if it means he is gonna use fodder more just to avoid losing anyone important. I get it because the grind is brutal at this point being 50+ levels for most stuff soon. Not as absurd on how on point his theory crafting is. 

9 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

in his defense that's a lots of comments to sit through you might be better off messaging it on discord

Of course, I understand that. I don't have any kind of grudge. 
I don't use Discord other than for staff work with another fandom site. 

8 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

That aside we're about to get some good old TTar panic attacks cause next up is "Dr. Geezer" as Cain would put it, as well as the Meteor hideout, Steelix on steroids and Sir Abra the armored knight of Hyper Beams.....

Right!? I'm so looking forward to that and Ditto!Arceus too. XD
Debbie has still got a lot more carrying/rescuing ahead of her. 

48 minutes ago, Commander said:

And on a different note, I kind of dislike the roulette rule if it means he is gonna use fodder more just to avoid losing anyone important. I get it because the grind is brutal at this point being 50+ levels for most stuff soon. Not as absurd on how on point his theory crafting is. 

I concur. 
Although he cut the most threatening rule; whiting out = game over, his use of the roulette to add new Pokemon to his team just for the sake of a visual variety rather than choosing his team to fulfill his needs and not at least leveling them up to be proper contributors feels an awful lot like he's still Nuzlocking. 
It's also wasteful since he's still only capturing the first encounter in every area. 

While true that grinding can be brutal especially with having to be wary of the obedience caps and just plain boring, it's not nearly as brutal as he made the Serra battle for himself. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

44 minutes ago, Commander said:

Yeah, if he's just gonna try and cheat the roulette what's the point of doing that in the first place? This may come off as very rude, but i really hope the roulette hits one of his core members instead of the "fodder" Pokémon. Like i said, i'll laugh so hard if it hits Debbie.

6 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Right!? I'm so looking forward to that and Ditto!Arceus too. XD
Debbie has still got a lot more carrying/rescuing ahead of her. 

Nah, Debbie's gonna die to the roulette, because karma is a b*tch and doesn't like people who try to cheat on the roulette XD

Also....i've been thinking....About Pulse Abra that is....So all the Pokémon Team Meteor uses for their Pulse Machines are stolen from somewhere? Did they steal that Abra from Lance?

19 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

TTar: Lets take out Peanut, Jacques, and Karen bc it’s an Ice Gym Also TTar: lets grab two flying types XD

No: "Let's take out TWO UNDER-LEVELED flying types and NOT train them at all. NOW we have the ultimate Serra sweeping team!" XD

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

1 hour ago, nepeta100 said:

TTar: Lets take out Peanut, Jacques, and Karen bc it’s an Ice Gym Also TTar: lets grab two flying types XD

1 hour ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

No: "Let's take out TWO UNDER-LEVELED flying types and NOT train them at all. NOW we have the ultimate Serra sweeping team!" XD

STILL going with my Confuse Ray theory XD