TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

3 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

I don't think the AI obeys that rule when switching, irrc when I fought Cain on Radomus Gym he switched his Alolan Muk lead after taking a Earth Power from my Nidoqueen and sent out the Nidoking, which I assume is his ace, while still having his entire team.

If as suggested the ace rule is specific to gym leaders than it wouldn't apply to Cain. 
Even without switching he doesn't always send out Nidoking last with me either. In the Vanhanen Castle battle Primarina was last, Nidoking was second to last. 

Though admittedly, I don't think Fern has ever failed to send out Decidueye last.

Speaking of Vanhanen Castle, it's Ttar's next destination. Looking forward to that. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Yes, his next destination is Vanhanen Castle, with a little Fern battle on the way. And since he'll be meeting Luna and Gossip Gardevoir, let's see where he takes that in his theories he likes to talk about^^

The part with El and the Ruins will be so much fun, since he can't stop theorizing about anything and everything, and his head will be spinning like a beyblade XD

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

That's what I figured. 
This would then be the reason Swellow didn't U-turn into Clefable despite it's type advantage to Mightyena.

However, I double checked, Swellow was only Noel's second Pokemon after Porygon Z which means the U-Turn should have gone into Bewear, so this glitch did indeed occur. 

Even if Bewear had been dead, any other normal type with a neutral matchup to dark should've been picked over girafarig. 

As for the Ace things, I wonder if it's possible for some trainers to have two aces set? probably not but could be neat. Stuff like decidu/roserade for Fern and primarina/nidoking for Cain, or something

25 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Even if Bewear had been dead, any other normal type with a neutral matchup to dark should've been picked over girafarig. 

The AI always had it's fair share of issues over the years, and while it stands to reason that Ame and her team are trying to fix these bugs as much as possible, Some bugs might still remain even with all the fixing they are doing for EP19. And we sure do remember the status updates on the score board that told us the AI is driving them crazy XD

Maybe Shelly tried protecting the poor bugs? 😜

9 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Maybe Shelly tried protecting the poor bugs? 😜

LOL, I'll bet she did. 

In all seriousness, over the years, even the mainstream games had AI issues. 
I'm reminded of the following discussion on another forum regarding the first generation AI's PP usage seeming to be unlimited and that it didn't compartmentalize damaging moves from stat moves when prioritizing super effective moves. 
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21424
This thread specifically discusses how Sabrina's Alakazam spammed Recover against a Kadabra. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

True, even the official Pokémon games had bugs in their AI that made it possible to abuse certain behavior in certain boss fights. With that being the case, who could blame the AI of a fan game for not being "perfect"?

But even with bugs in their AI, Pokémon Reborn as a whole is still a better game than any of the official games. Now, i am not saying the official games are bad, but i think  there is one thing that is completely riddiculous: The majority of the people who play Pokémon today are adults who started with Red/Blue when they were kids. And those veterans have been asking for an optional higher difficulty mode for years now. On the other hand, the official Pokémon games are getting easier with every new generation. In my honest opinion the Gen 7 games were the easiest i ever played, because the very early access to Z-moves allows you to just nuke any strong Pokémon the opponent may throw at you. And from what i heard Pokémon Sword and Shield is even easier than that because of Dynamax. At least that is what friends told me, who actually played the Gen 8 games, since i absolutely refuse to buy or play Sword and Shield.

With that being the case, it's not really a surprise that Pokémon Reborn is considered such a great game. Not only does it have a great story, but it also gives you the more challenging battles that long time fans are looking for. And it manages to do that even with bugs in their AI. And to be honest, watching people play Reborn on Youtube, or Twitch, or whatever, is usually really entertaining, if you watch them playing blind, because the story will surprise them over and over again, and depending on which Pokémon the Let's Players / Streamers are using, the gym leaders and other important trainers will push them to their limits, if they go in completely blind without using any guides or stuff like that.

TTar has now reached a point in the game where he will have a lot of difficult battles, even without nuzlocke rules, so we are in for a lot of fun while watching his struggle to be the very best like noone ever was 🤣

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

True, even the official Pokémon games had bugs in their AI that made it possible to abuse certain behavior in certain boss fights. With that being the case, who could blame the AI of a fan game for not being "perfect"?

Exactly. 
I'm convinced it's not possible for AI to be absolutely flawless. 

But even with bugs in their AI, Pokémon Reborn as a whole is still a better game than any of the official games. Now, i am not saying the official games are bad, but i think  there is one thing that is completely riddiculous: The majority of the people who play Pokémon today are adults who started with Red/Blue when they were kids. And those veterans have been asking for an optional higher difficulty mode for years now. On the other hand, the official Pokémon games are getting easier with every new generation. In my honest opinion the Gen 7 games were the easiest i ever played, because the very early access to Z-moves allows you to just nuke any strong Pokémon the opponent may throw at you. And from what i heard Pokémon Sword and Shield is even easier than that because of Dynamax. At least that is what friends told me, who actually played the Gen 8 games, since i absolutely refuse to buy or play Sword and Shield.

I haven't played Gen 8 yet myself. 
My birthday was a bust so now I'm counting on Christmas to save me the money, but I'll have one or the other in January either way. 
Admittedly, so far I haven't been impressed with what I've heard but I still want to give it a shot. 

Gen 7, other than Totem Vikavolt which was a bit like a Reborn battle for me, including with my having barely won it with one Pokemon standing, I concur was pretty easy. 

One of the smartest mechanics in Reborn which is the core problem in the Maintreams is the obedience caps.
The freedom to over level is the main thing that makes the Mainstreams easy even if you eliminate the Z-moves and this Dynamax thing.  

With that being the case, it's not really a surprise that Pokémon Reborn is considered such a great game. Not only does it have a great story, but it also gives you the more challenging battles that long time fans are looking for.

It's more than just the difficultly level, but the fact that it has a more adult oriented plot and the interactive/choose your own adventure aspect that keeps me active in this game. 

the story will surprise them over and over again, and depending on which Pokémon the Let's Players / Streamers are using, the gym leaders and other important trainers will push them to their limits, if they go in completely blind without using any guides or stuff like that.

I use guides for the gym leaders and other bosses and still tend to be surprised. 
Most of the time the plans and prep I go in with won't work out as I imagine. 

Perfect example just happened: FREAKING GLITCH WORLD MEWTWO, WITH GEN 1 RULES!

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's delicious how much he dislikes Fern.

Can you blame him? Fern exists to be hated.....or to be pitied because of his inferiority complex (and all of his other issues)

11 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

It's more than just the difficultly level, but the fact that it has a more adult oriented plot and the interactive/choose your own adventure aspect that keeps me active in this game. 

Adult oriented plot huh? Like fifty shades of bull?

Hahaha, sorry, but i couldn't resist that one after this latest episode of TTar's Reborn adventure XD

But yeah, the story is indeed very adult oriented and that is fine, since most of the people who play Pokémon nowadays are actually adults anyway. Also this allows for characters like Cain to exist. Cain really made me laugh on my first playthrough because of all his sexual themed jokes that he so casually slips into every conversation he partakes in. And i catch myself smiling every now and then when i read through his dialogues on my current runs....

By the way.....how did Ame come up with the name of Sir Elyvilon Nyunyunyu esquire the third? I'd like to know the story behind that XD If i had to come up with a name like that, lots of alcohol would have been involved 🤣

• Administrators

"epic" 
more like painful...

anyway yeah the girafarig thing absolutely was that bug, and i think i noticed it with fern's switching as well too.... it hurts, but i'm just glad we found and fixed it

regarding the ace thing, they used to not send in aces until last under any condition but as of e18 i think ??? we made it so that that is now a suggestion rather than a requirement for all battles that do not have a story-specific reason to hold the ace for last (i.e taka or zel defending a PULSE). so they're now discouraged from it, rather than forbidden. it is technically not optimal but i think in the average case it makes a more compelling conclusion to a battle if the final is their ace. 

as for having two aces, the AI already considers both an 'ace' and a 'second' and the second is also similarly discouraged from switching in earlier-- albeit less than the ace. that behaviour has been in place since we began our AI rework.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

By the way.....how did Ame come up with the name of Sir Elyvilon Nyunyunyu esquire the third? I'd like to know the story behind that XD If i had to come up with a name like that, lots of alcohol would have been involved 🤣

Where'd you hear this name from? I don't remember that..

• Global Mods
10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

1 minute ago, SilverAngelus said:

Where'd you hear this name from? I don't remember that..

It's Nyu's 'full' name in the pikachu house in the woods 

I know Nyu was an actual community member back in the day who (iirc) hosted some of the servers for the old online league stuff, but I couldn't say whether the long version of the name came from them or not.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Amethyst said:

regarding the ace thing, they used to not send in aces until last under any condition but as of e18 i think ??? we made it so that that is now a suggestion rather than a requirement for all battles that do not have a story-specific reason to hold the ace for last (i.e taka or zel defending a PULSE). so they're now discouraged from it, rather than forbidden. it is technically not optimal but i think in the average case it makes a more compelling conclusion to a battle if the final is their ace. 

I can verify this. 
When I battled Terra yesterday, she never sent in her Garchomp, which seems to be her ace, last, it took me about 3 resets but it always came out third and in my successful round, it was Palosand that came last (BTW, It's name, GIVE SANDY feels a bit foreshadowing since the name Sandy is listed in the gym leaders roster on the Wiki, at first I thought this person was the Reserve Ground Leader but Terra gives you the Gravity Badge). 

I know he's still quite a ways from it, but I just battled PULSE Swalot and couldn't help but think about how much Ttar is gonna love that. Belly's coming back for revenge! 😰😆

On the Nyu subject, I never even found the Pikachu house. That's now on my to-do list for when I regain access to route 1 and Reborn City. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Well, if this was the case and Nyu hosted stuff it would stand to reason to honor an NPC in the game with this name.

But man, the next 2 episodes (depending on how fast he gets past Cain) might be fun. Lots of whacky TTar theory, lots of "FRICK!!!" because Dittoceus, and of course some backstory that will blow TTars mind.....and the very difficult question whether to side with Radomus or El, who both appear like notorious liars at that point if you have not figured out that "Gardevoir" is a Ditto....

1 minute ago, ShogokiX said:

But man, the next 2 episodes (depending on how fast he gets past Cain) might be fun. Lots of whacky TTar theory, lots of "FRICK!!!" because Dittoceus, and of course some backstory that will blow TTars mind.....and the very difficult question whether to side with Radomus or El, who both appear like notorious liars at that point if you have not figured out that "Gardevoir" is a Ditto....

For sure. 
I'm so stoked!

One must be extra careful with that scene. El comes across as a hero and Radomus a dick if you're not paying enough attention. 
I was accidentally spoiled while researching the choice but I was suspicious of Dittevior to begin with. The anti-Radomus tude felt a bit abrupt. 

I'm also interested in hearing how he pronounces Adrienn's pronouns, as I have no idea so have just read them as 'they'. 

True, El is trying to convince you the he is the righteous guy here, which he is not, as TTar will find out during the course of the game. Just like Team Meteor he only wants the 4 "keys" which are currently in posession of TTar, who has 2 of them, Luna and Amaria.....pardon, "Ametwo"....

Btw.....WHY does he call Amaria "Ametwo" all the time? What is that? Every time he calls her Ametwo there is this image plopping into my head.....

Ametwo.png.831f6608c4a75fcb8ac65a09ded45195.png

Okay bois and grils, get dem MaZtaballZ ready, i just figured out the final boss of Reborn XD (someone will kill me for that one 🤣)

Edited by ShogokiX

13 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Btw.....WHY does he call Amaria "Ametwo" all the time? What is that? Every time he calls her Ametwo there is this image plopping into my head.....

*shrug*, why does he call Solaris Samuel-aloris?
Dude's just on something I think. 😂

That image is great BTW, ironic for me since I just beat Terra yesterday, so had to battle Gen One Mewtwo which I never knew was so damn hard without the Dark type because I always used the Master Ball so really smart experience right there. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

4 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

he thinks shes best girl material 

and he has a fetish for water trainers

• Global Mods

Seems like he's got the little 'mystery' mostly sussed. Assuming gardevoir is being manipulated by El is pretty normal and not far off.

...Even if he has some trouble actually identifying people. I think that's the first time I've seen someone think radomus was a woman

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Seems like he's got the little 'mystery' mostly sussed. Assuming gardevoir is being manipulated by El is pretty normal and not far off.

Agreed, that El was the true brain washing master and had brain washed Gardevior was my original theory.
I never trusted Dittovior's Radmous trash talking. 

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

...Even if he has some trouble actually identifying people. I think that's the first time I've seen someone think radomus was a woman

It's a bit understandable considering the hat he's wearing when first encountered. It sorta looks like long hair. 

Hehe, so Radomus is now Miss Randomus? I would have laughed my ass off if he just had called him pyramid head because of the silly hat he's wearing at the first encounter. (which is exactly what i called him, until he introduced himself)

I know that Radomus is supposed to be a reference to Nostradamus, but with the hat that he wears when you actually fight him i think he looks more like the Mad Hatter, which is fine, because Luna's whole Pokémon team is named after characters from Alice in Wonderland after all, so Radomus fits in place XD. And Luna fits the bill to be Alice any day 🤣

Just like Radomus said: "She fancies herself a maid and a princess at once", a description that totally fits for Alice from the cartoon Disney movie from 1951: looks like a maid, behaves like a (spoiled) princess.... And then there is that part where Radomus said "It seems that she is just playing a part in some greater fantasy." which is at the same time referring to Luna creating her own reality where Serra is her mother and Radomus is her father, but also totally breaking the fourth wall, which is a great move on Ame's side. And anyone who paid attention to Radomus dialogue would remember that he breaks the fourth wall more than once.

Edited by ShogokiX

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Sidenote: the description says "the rules are changing next episode" or something to that effect, so the roulette might be dead

Ah, I hadn't caught that but there are several complaints in the comments that he's still basically Nuzlocking because the only Nuzlocke rule he's eliminated is that losing a battle means game over and that he's actually doing himself more damage with the roulette because it kills off Pokemon inevitably and steadily. 

He really does need to allow himself more freedom if he's going to survive the more difficult arcs he'll be facing in the near future (ie: Charlotte, Blake, Glitch World and the raid on Amaria's and Titania's house, just finished the latter myself and that chain of double battles is a bit of a nightmare). 

28 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

I know that Radomus is supposed to be a reference to Nostradamus, but with the hat that he wears when you actually fight him i think he looks more like the Mad Hatter

I don't know what Nostradamus is but I thought Mad Hatter as well. Indeed he fits well with Luna's Alice in Wonderland theme. 
As does Gossip Gardevior, she's very Cheshire Cat like. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

15 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I don't know what Nostradamus is but I thought Mad Hatter as well. Indeed he fits well with Luna's Alice in Wonderland theme. 
As does Gossip Gardevior, she's very Cheshire Cat like. 

To make it short, Nostradamus was a man who lived in the 16th century who was, among other things, famous for beeing a seer who made a lot of prophecies about the future. These prophecies could be interpreted in many ways becuase they are very metaphoric. His prophecies cover a lot of things that are going to happen all the way up to the year 3797, as he himself once said. He was famous as a seer to a degree that the name Nostradamus is associated to everything about seeing the future to this day.