TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

1 hour ago, Des Teto said:

If he doesn't take the time to train a proper team, he won't bother to do hard side-quests.

And yet he somehow still made it this far....This guy will somehow make it through the game in a way that no normal player could reproduce on their own run.

12 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Hahahaha....Tinfoil indeed

Anna is strange in some ways, but doesn't that make her even more interesting as a character? Reborn really goes all the way to present us a variety of different characters...We have easily hateable characters like our "rival" Fern who's just a trash talking piece of sh*t that thinks he's the big shot (sorry, but as much as i try, i can't take Fern serious at all....that guy makes it possible to laugh at him for how pathetic he is, and still hate him somehow at the same time), we have colorful characters like Cain, who easily puts a smile on your face every time he's around, and we have Anna, who appears to be a little crazy and seems be hallucinating a lot at first, but will soon prove that she can really see things that other don't see....

Interesting, it never occurred to me to categorize Anna as unstable. 
That she tends to communicate/express herself through her doll isn't too unusual for children who've experienced trauma and she and Noel were abandoned by their father regardless of whether it was a heartless or merciful act and then add in the abuse from Connal. 
That pouring the medicine on the doll seemed to be effective on her as well was a bit puzzling but suggested to me that there was in fact something going on that we couldn't see. Now an E.T/Elliot thing has come to mind. 

You want actual insane: freaking TERRA! I can honestly hardly even understand a word that girl says, it's like she's actually glitched which it seems could be the case based on:
1. The backstory in her television profile.
2. That she's apparently fought on a glitch field. 
(I'm not quite there yet, I'm leveling up some Mons just after refusing Blake the ring.). 

Fern is borderline more of an asshole than both Blue and Silver combined, he almost comes off as a psychopath particularly by his response to Corey's suicide like Corey was just a bug that flew into his windshield. I find that extremely interesting. 
Early on, I theorized that he resented that Florinia was made the Onyx ward gym leader rather than him and I'm still keeping that in the back of my mind.  

6 hours ago, Des Teto said:

No worries. No one can find 7 stickers on his own in his first playthrough.

If he doesn't take the time to train a proper team, he won't bother to do hard side-quests.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be sarcastic or not but I have 7 stickers and I'm a first time player.
Granted I wasn't looking for the last two (the little con kid and the virus battles, BTW I was a bit disappointed when I realized MissingNo. was a trainer not a wild Pokemon encounter), I did the quests without realizing the prize and the 7th quest is in Ametrine City which Ttar is still quite far from. He's still missing access to about 3/7. 

I do concur that he probably won't get that far in his sticker collection as he doesn't actually make a big effort to find/do the side quests. I doubt he'd even figure out the glasses quest, particularly that the honey is needed to clear the cobwebs and logs, if he tried. Though not because he's dumb, even I had to do a bit of Googling to puzzle it out. Then if he did manage that I don't think it would hold his interest.  
It IS honestly a tad annoying, I wouldn't have done it if I weren't hoping for a TM floor in the department store. 

And yet he somehow still made it this far....This guy will somehow make it through the game in a way that no normal player could reproduce on their own run.

Agreed, The Peeko is most definitely on this dude's side when he's vidding a game. It's not just this game, watch any of his Nuzlockes, I'd particularly recommend Insurgence. He spent about 85% of that game severely under-leveled even considering his need to maintain a level of challenge for entertainment value but somehow manages to get through it with ONE loss (and it wasn't a scripted loss but he carried on with an entirely new team). 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

TTar: Guys tell me in the comments whether to pick Sirius or the Doctor

Everyone: Pick the Doctor

TTar Imma pick Sirius anyway!

"Why are these kids getting taken so much?" Dunno? Maybe they're masochists? Stockholm syndrome maybe?

Also "Juju is useful for a change" Yeah, welcome to Juju's bizzare adventure XD Juju's just sitting there, minding it's own buisness.... Why is it sitting? Because it can't "stand" TTar's confused BS all day

12 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Interesting, it never occurred to me to categorize Anna as unstable. 
That she tends to communicate/express herself through her doll isn't too unusual for children who've experienced trauma and she and Noel were abandoned by their father regardless of whether it was a heartless or merciful act and then add in the abuse from Connal. 
That pouring the medicine on the doll seemed to be effective on her as well was a bit puzzling but suggested to me that there was in fact something going on that we couldn't see. Now an E.T/Elliot thing has come to mind. 

Well, if you take a look at the things that Anna says, especially at the earlier parts where you first meet her, it would make sense to see her as a little crazy at first. She says things like the player is glowing, Cains eyes are all black, and Charlotte having burn scars, she hears whispering voices of people killed by doctor Connal, and of course she insists that Nostra and Nomus are not dolls, even though everyone else, especially her twin brother Noel, keeps saying that all of that is not true.

But then you look at what she actually does with the powers she seems to have. For example, she knew that the player was standing at the locked door of the orphanage when you were trying to rescue Heather. So she opened the door, because she saw the players "glowiness"...

Makes you wonder how she knew exactly that the player was right in front of the door, if her "powers" are not real. I mean, it was dark outside, because the game sets the weather to heavy thunder storm for this part by default. Even if she did look through the window, it could have been the silhouette of anyone and everyone that she may have seen lurking at the door.

16 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I can't tell if that's supposed to be sarcastic or not but I have 7 stickers and I'm a first time player.

More realistic than sarcastic. And as a entertainer, he just doesn't have the time to explore every corner of the game.

And don't get me wrong. This guy is good at Pokemon. He adapts very well to overcome tough situations. Adding to this his reactions and his infinite imagination makes him fun to watch! Despite not being into Let's Play at all (it just bores me), I'm still enjoying the show.

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

TTar: Guys tell me in the comments whether to pick Sirius or the Doctor

Everyone: Pick the Doctor

TTar Imma pick Sirius anyway!

He clearly recorded the two episodes in a row. He just couldn't have saved in a middle of dialogue. Too bad for Saphira's revenge.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Des Teto said:

He clearly recorded the two episodes in a row. He just couldn't have saved in a middle of dialogue. Too bad for Saphira's revenge.

He probably didn't realize that you can save mid cutscene

but im more pissed that he gave that lady the medicine before little Anna

im hoping Noel kicks his ass

1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

I'm glad he gave the medicine to the lady first.  If he gave it to Anna the story would then have continued and he would have forgotten about the lady in the forest.  It's rare enough as it is that he completes side quests big or small.

9 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Well, if you take a look at the things that Anna says, especially at the earlier parts where you first meet her, it would make sense to see her as a little crazy at first. She says things like the player is glowing, Cains eyes are all black, and Charlotte having burn scars, she hears whispering voices of people killed by doctor Connal, and of course she insists that Nostra and Nomus are not dolls, even though everyone else, especially her twin brother Noel, keeps saying that all of that is not true.

But then you look at what she actually does with the powers she seems to have. For example, she knew that the player was standing at the locked door of the orphanage when you were trying to rescue Heather. So she opened the door, because she saw the players "glowiness"...

Makes you wonder how she knew exactly that the player was right in front of the door, if her "powers" are not real. I mean, it was dark outside, because the game sets the weather to heavy thunder storm for this part by default. Even if she did look through the window, it could have been the silhouette of anyone and everyone that she may have seen lurking at the door.

Right, I'd forgotten about the glowiness thing. 
That was certainly interesting. Can she see auras perhaps?

1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

He probably didn't realize that you can save mid cutscene

Whaaa? I didn't realize that either. 😅

1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

And the whole time he's going:
"Am I gonna kill Anna?" 
"I KILLED ANNA!"
😆

Ttar: Regina, here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna freeze, I'm gonna set up a Nasty Plot...
*Tesereena doesn't freeze*
Ttar (again): Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna freeze, I'm gonna set up a Nasty Plot....
*Still doesn't freeze*
Ttar: REGINA, PAY ATTENTION WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!

Me: 😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Ttar: Regina, here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna freeze, I'm gonna set up a Nasty Plot...
*Tesereena doesn't freeze*
Ttar (again): Here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna freeze, I'm gonna set up a Nasty Plot....
*Still doesn't freeze*
Ttar: REGINA, PAY ATTENTION WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!

Me: 😂😂

btw.....i'm really looking forward to him going up against El.....i really want to see him going enrage because he sides with Radomus and keeps losing to Discount Arceus^^

54 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

btw.....i'm really looking forward to him going up against El.....i really want to see him going enrage because he sides with Radomus and keeps losing to Discount Arceus^^

I'm looking forward to that as well.
Here's what's gonna happen. Dude's gonna side with Radamous because he's already got the impression that El is evil, go into it thinking it's another scripted loss and then freak when he whites out. 

Speaking of which:
"I'm gonna Nuzlocke win against this Abra, I'm not gonna lose anybody"

Except he's not anticipating the level of PULSE Abra and doesn't at all expect Steelix-zilla. 
Without Sturdy Juju, he's about to have a lot of fun. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Yeah well.....he's certainly in for a surprise once he faces those two^^ But since he has Debbie, at least in theory he should be able to deal with Steelix and Abra without any major problems.....

But since this is still TTar we're talking about, he's likely to panic and try all kinds of things instead of just using that Arcanine of his....

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

But since this is still TTar we're talking about, he's likely to panic and try all kinds of things instead of just using that Arcanine of his....

Yeah, exactly. This is what I am counting on. 

*Ttar snapped out of confusion...kinda*
He managed to Debbie pwn!

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Lin has the power to:

send you to the shadow realm

Curb stomp Peeko

Crush Giorno's Dream

Put aldrin in the ground

show you the true power of flex tape

Snap her fingers and erase half the national dex

Defeat Slender man in a staring contest

Make EA an actually decent company

Tell Gordon Ramsay that his beef wellington was raw

Evolve a tranquil into a powerful staraptor

Beat iceman Etika and supa hot fire in a 2v1 rap battle

Can do anything Chuck Norris can do

Make a successful youtube rewind

and can attack your lifepoints directly even if its the first turn

TTar: Hyperbeam my soap!

From this day on, humanity was not able to wash their hands any more, because there was no soap....

So yeah....he beat Steelix in just 2 tries, and figured out how to deal with Abra right away. But next up is Noel, and we all know that Noel can beat the crap out of everyone who underestimates normal type Pokémon. And since he doesn't have many Pokémon that are strong against Noel and his team, this gym battle might turn into a real struggle for him next episode.

Also, since there will be the next death roulette once he leaves the meteor base, one of his team members is gonna get it....

By the way, you guys think he's gonna end Season 2 if he can't figure out how to get past Dittarceus? I mean....he did manage to beat Solaris Garchomp with a daring strategy back then, but still ended the first season. And Arceus is another story, even if his team is somewhere between 10 and 15 levels stronger than it was at Pyrous Mountain. Also the field effect works in favor of Arceus, not like with Garchomp back then where the field effect didn't matter for that fight.

Although i guess a primary reason for ending season 1 back then was Sword/Shield, so he could devote all of his time into that project first.

9 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

But next up is Noel, and we all know that Noel can beat the crap out of everyone who underestimates normal type Pokémon. And since he doesn't have many Pokémon that are strong against Noel and his team, this gym battle might turn into a real struggle for him next episode.

It's primarily Cinccino and Clafable that are pretty damn nasty (and I was NOT expecting that at all of Cinccino, it's usually a shit Pokemon in my experience). The rest of his team were fodder for me. 

Both are fast, 
- Cinccino wrecks with Bullet Seed of all moves and he'll probably need to watch out for Rock Blast too. 
- While Clafable's Magic Guard shouldn't be a huge issue for him since he doesn't use poisoning or burning moves though I'm not sure what would happen if he tried to freeze it with Karen, it's Moonblast is it's own wrecking ball. 

With the teams he's been using, I doubt he'll have my experience with the rest, Noel's fodder might be a problem for him as well. 

By the way, you guys think he's gonna end Season 2 if he can't figure out how to get past Dittarceus? I mean....he did manage to beat Solaris Garchomp with a daring strategy back then, but still ended the first season. And Arceus is another story, even if his team is somewhere between 10 and 15 levels stronger than it was at Pyrous Mountain. Also the field effect works in favor of Arceus, not like with Garchomp back then where the field effect didn't matter for that fight.

Although i guess a primary reason for ending season 1 back then was Sword/Shield, so he could devote all of his time into that project first.

That is a bit of a concern considering his response to Solaris and if he picks Rademous which I can see him doing, it WILL NOT an optional win. 
Since, however, he is no longer Nuzlocking and as you've pointed out, he's finished with Sword/Shield not to mention his determination with Solaris, I feel its a safe bet that he'll figure it out and continue. 

Even if he were to go into it aware of the entire choice tree (though that's doubtful), I don't see him being the type to pick El solely for convenience/the easy out. 
Edited by Verge Of Chaos

It's primarily Cinccino and Clafable that are pretty damn nasty (and I was NOT expecting that at all of Cinccino, it's usually a shit Pokemon in my experience). The rest of his team were fodder for me. 

Both are fast, 
- Cinccino wrecks with Bullet Seed of all moves and he'll probably need to watch out for Rock Blast too. 
- While Clafable's Magic Guard shouldn't be a huge issue for him since he doesn't use poisoning or burning moves though I'm not sure what would happen if he tried to freeze it with Karen, it's Moonblast is it's own wrecking ball. 

With the teams he's been using, I doubt he'll have my experience with the rest, Noel's fodder might be a problem for him as well.

Porygon-Z can be tricky as well, depending on your team setup. Cinccino is dangerous not only because of its speed, but also because of its ability Skill Link, which makes all of its attacks, except for Hidden Power (fire type btw) hit 5 times. But i like the fact that Noel uses a Clefable, since not only does Noel carry around his Cleffa doll Nomos, but it's also an obvious cameo on the fact that both Cleffa and Clefable used to be normal types before Gen 6 introduced fairy type.

That is a bit of a concern considering his response to Solaris and if he picks Rademous which I can see him doing, it WILL NOT an optional win. 
Since, however, he is no longer Nuzlocking and as you've pointed out, he's finished with Sword/Shield not to mention his determination with Solaris, I feel its a safe bet that he'll figure it out and continue. 

Even if he were to go into it aware of the entire choice tree (though that's doubtful), I don't see him being the type to pick El solely for convenience/the easy out. 

In the end, he will have to resolve to siding with El, if he can't figure out how to beat Arceus. His viewers could tell him to get that Prankster/Persih Song Murkrow just for this battle, but i guess he won't do that just to get past that one trainer. Also in case he really catches that Murkrow he might tend to start overusing it, which would eventually spoil all the fun of him having difficulties with certain opponents XD

Edited by ShogokiX

I'll be honest, I've been impressed time and again with Ttar. He constantly surprises me with his wins...That said, I'm constantly surprised how he, and basically every other LPer of Reborn fail to spot how Anna is a psychic. Pentaop, Shofu, Ttar, they all thought Anna was nuts and/or kidding. It makes me wonder why its so hard to see when its so darn obvious.

46 minutes ago, sithlordnergal said:

I'll be honest, I've been impressed time and again with Ttar. He constantly surprises me with his wins...That said, I'm constantly surprised how he, and basically every other LPer of Reborn fail to spot how Anna is a psychic. Pentaop, Shofu, Ttar, they all thought Anna was nuts and/or kidding. It makes me wonder why its so hard to see when its so darn obvious.

Yeah, Anna and Noel are both special. Anna is a psychic and Noel is autistic with aspergers syndrome. At the first time you meet them in the orphanage, they both seem to be a little weird at first, which could be explained by a traumatizing experience in their past, yet Anna has clearly proven her powers to be real multiple times, while Noel is a super smart genius, which is not uncommon for people with the aspergers syndrome to be really smart.

Then again, it is pretty difficult to notice that Anna is psychic and Noel has aspergers syndrome, especially on your first playthrough, where you won't know a lot of things until a much later point in the game.

Edited by ShogokiX

On 12/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, Verge Of Chaos said:

I'm looking forward to that as well.
Here's what's gonna happen. Dude's gonna side with Radamous because he's already got the impression that El is evil, go into it thinking it's another scripted loss and then freak when he whites out. 

Speaking of which:
"I'm gonna Nuzlocke win against this Abra, I'm not gonna lose anybody"

Except he's not anticipating the level of PULSE Abra and doesn't at all expect Steelix-zilla. 
Without Sturdy Juju, he's about to have a lot of fun. 

you need to side with el to be required to beat it btw

• Global Mods
32 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

I think it's the other way around where siding with Radomus requires you to beat it.

One interesting thing I noticed: Noel perfectly demonstrated the "switch-reversal bug" that Ame talked about here by U-turning into Girafarig against mightyena.

3 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think it's the other way around where siding with Radomus requires you to beat it.

Though I save before every boss battle and reset just before my last Pokemon goes down when I lose, everything I read agrees with Dream, that it's siding with Radomous which requires you to win the Ditteus battle. 

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

One interesting thing I noticed: Noel perfectly demonstrated the "switch-reversal bug" that Ame talked about here by U-turning into Girafarig against mightyena.

Interesting, but Noel has just two Pokemon which type-advantage Mightyena; Bewear and Clefable but Clefable is always last (one thing I've noticed with the reset method I mentioned above is that a trainer's signature/highest level Pokemon almost ALWAYS goes last regardless of how many times the battle is reset and/or how you alter it) and hadn't Ttar already taken out Bewear? 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

45 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

Interesting, but Noel has just two Pokemon which type-advantage Mightyena; Bewear and Clefable but Clefable is always last (one thing I've noticed with the reset method I mentioned above is that a trainer's signature/highest level Pokemon almost ALWAYS goes last regardless of how many times the battle is reset and/or how you alter it) and hadn't Ttar already taken out Bewear? 

Pretty sure Gym leaders send out their ace's last because they are programmed to do so.  I remember reading a changelog about "Gym leaders now send out ace's last."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Launce said:

Pretty sure Gym leaders send out their ace's last because they are programmed to do so.  I remember reading a changelog about "Gym leaders now send out ace's last."

That's what I figured. 
This would then be the reason Swellow didn't U-turn into Clefable despite it's type advantage to Mightyena.

However, I double checked, Swellow was only Noel's second Pokemon after Porygon Z which means the U-Turn should have gone into Bewear, so this glitch did indeed occur. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

So that's why Radomus swapped his Reunuclus for the Slowking after my Serperior already used one leaf Storm and Cain siwtched his Muk for the Nidoking while I had a Nidoqueen that used Earth Power

6 minutes ago, Launce said:

Well, that's kinda lame. If that's truth, pretty much defeats the point of challenging AI. Hope that's either removed on the final release or can be opted out via a password. Although I don't think the AI obeys that rule when switching, irrc when I fought Cain on Radomus Gym he switched his Alolan Muk lead after taking a Earth Power from my Nidoqueen and sent out the Nidoking, which I assume is his ace, while still having his entire team.

Also, did he really fought Noel and his Cincinno didn't flinch him a single time? Now that's very impressive luck.