TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

i mean, Kiki could help immensely with shade, belly is still a wall of sludge and he could potentially get some good encounters between now and then. 

(PS: Remind him he can go into the mountain below shade's gym with rock smash. if he's lucky he could get a Swinub)

I am honestly amazed that he didn't lose already. Not only is he making so many beginners mistakes all the time, he also has a luck streak that feels like he's cheating.

I mean.....he's not exploring proplerly....he already missed several chances to get some really decent static Pokémon, and he even missed a few chances for regular encounters by now. He's not training properly and instead wins the gyms and boss fights mostly by either sheer luck or by somehow cheesing his way through the fights. And even though he recieved multiple hints, warnings and lots of useful tips he's not taking the game serious at all.

Although he didn't lose many Pokémon by now, the ones he did lose he only lost because of poor decisions. Even Tiki only had to die because he didn't take the game more serious. But maybe he needed to lose his strongest Pokémon first to finally take Reborn more serious.

Don't get me wrong though. I enjoy watching this nuzlocke. But i am neither a fan nor do i dislike him in any way. I just happen to find it really entertaining to see how far one can get by sheer luck. And i am just analyzing from a neutral perspective.

11 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I always found Shelly to be easy^^ She may be able to take you by surprise on your first try, but she is nowhere near as difficult als people always make it sound.

Anyways.....no more pushing the Tiki button from now on XD Wanna take random guesses who will be his next "panic" Pokémon?

She's definitely super difficult without proper team setup. However, with the right team, in the fight itself everything just falls into place from there.

Re: shade, I really don't know. Like in my own fights against him, I was either underleveled with a bad team or on level with a great one, so I don't think I have a good idea of his difficulty. He's definitely got one of the strongest leads in the game, though.

2 hours ago, MachoPony said:

i mean, Kiki could help immensely with shade, belly is still a wall of sludge and he could potentially get some good encounters between now and then. 

(PS: Remind him he can go into the mountain below shade's gym with rock smash. if he's lucky he could get a Swinub)

Kiki helping with Shade does mean he has to get Kiki past Kiki first

• Global Mods
12 minutes ago, Storystosee said:

Really? .... my brain was convinced it was the other way around. My bad ^^; 

Wait, so that means Kiki has even more chance to die before meeting Kiki. Ttar better keep her alive!

Next major events will be Orphanage Raid -> Shade -> Blacksteam (pulse muk) -> Apophyll

My girl Shelly out there taking lives
They grow up so fast ♥

I think TTar did pretty well with the battle otherwise, given his strategy didn't work out.
And we better never hear Belly slander again, the blob eats damage for breakfast.
"What if I drink a Soda Pop with Belly?" Crack open a cold one with the boys.

A drink to remember Tiki.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Next major events will be Orphanage Raid -> Shade -> Blacksteam (pulse muk) -> Apophyll

Oh wow, the only thing I got right was the orphanage raid. Why is my memory so bad? I haven't even started playing this game that long ago, I'm only at the gate to Agate city myself, it hasn't been that long brain! 

Oh well, thanks for the reminder! I hope Ttar can set aside his anger with Shelly to fully enjoy the flight of the orphanage gang

20 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Rip Tiki

Welp, there goes his MVP for Serra's gym battle.

Honestly, if he makes it that far, a fast mon that learns Nature Power makes short work of her, especially if you stack Double Team and Lax Incense on it

Ok, so here are my thoughts about the upcoming GYMs:

Shade: Kiki can't solo this and I can see Rotom totally beat him. Also Ghost Type is generally really scary. If he is lucky he could beat him with 3-4 losses.

Kiki: She is scarly, and he has nothing against Medicham, even in his box (besides Swoobat but he will never train him..). Sooo unless he uses Swoobat or gets a good encounter, he is totally gonna lose this.

Sierra: Well, thats the most luck reliable battle in the game, and he had plenty of it. Has access to Nature Power and thats really enough to beat her. No problem here.

Noel: Totally gonna lose this. I remember my 2nd run. I had no Normal resistance. It was a nightmare. So it really depends on him bringing a normal resist. Either he gets Magcargo at Pyrous Mountain or something good at Amethyst Cave. Can't remember when Aron will be available.

And nooow I notice my predictions becoming a little too crappy. I can't predict his future encounters. Whoops. But seriously, he should get all the Statics he can get (he skipped some).

5 minutes ago, GreatNinja said:

Ok, so here are my thoughts about the upcoming GYMs:

Shade: Kiki can't solo this and I can see Rotom totally beat him. Also Ghost Type is generally really scary. If he is lucky he could beat him with 3-4 losses.

Kiki: She is scarly, and he has nothing against Medicham, even in his box (besides Swoobat but he will never train him..). Sooo unless he uses Swoobat or gets a good encounter, he is totally gonna lose this.

Sierra: Well, thats the most luck reliable battle in the game, and he had plenty of it. Has access to Nature Power and thats really enough to beat her. No problem here.

Noel: Totally gonna lose this. I remember my 2nd run. I had no Normal resistance. It was a nightmare. So it really depends on him bringing a normal resist. Either he gets Magcargo at Pyrous Mountain or something good at Amethyst Cave. Can't remember when Aron will be available.

And nooow I notice my predictions becoming a little too crappy. I can't predict his future encounters. Whoops. But seriously, he should get all the Statics he can get (he skipped some).

Aron is in the railnet cave and requires headbut

59 minutes ago, dragonsbeat said:

If it survives shade he can trade it for a munna for kiki

I really do hope he beats Shade, but man it will be tough. His STABs are powerful and his Mimikyu is an absolute beast if you don't have something geared to bring it down.

1 hour ago, Alazir said:

I really do hope he beats Shade, but man it will be tough. His STABs are powerful and his Mimikyu is an absolute beast if you don't have something geared to bring it down.

>Geared

On that subject, Klang would be another great pickup for his team, if he uses it correctly. Gear Grind is good on the short circuit field, but *amazing* on the factory field.

• Global Mods

Hopefully we might get an encounters episode sometime soon, since even with 1 wild and 1 static per area (plus one for certain sub areas or special gifts) there's still a ton currently available. By my count in the encounters channel, there's probably a bit over 20 right now.