Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

Well, why go for Crests in easy pokémon who already are usable? 

Bibarel Crest: +20 Atk, +20 Spd

Jumpluff Crest: +20 Atk, +10 Spd, Ability Thick Fat

Also I like the Claydol one 

1 minute ago, Dave9 said:

How do you reset a pokemon's ev's?

I think here the only way is via ev-lowering berries, which gives one of the cildren on the Lost Camp. Unless I'm confusing again ivs and evs and you can't actually change them normally

59 minutes ago, kithas said:

I think here the only way is via ev-lowering berries, which gives one of the cildren on the Lost Camp. Unless I'm confusing again ivs and evs and you can't actually change them normally

Oh for f*ck sake, you can only get those berries prior to the sidequest with Mosely. That along with the name rater problem needs to be changed for V12 because that's pure bullsh!t. I can't even get any via thief

Crests... I know this will probably tick some people off, but I'd really like it if Noivern received some love. The reason for that, is that it's incredibly hard to raise Noibat. Noibat is weak. It's learn set is poor. It evolves at level 48 and even then, you need a few heart scales in order to make Noivern shine. 

For ordinary pokémon games that's fine, since Noivern is the fastest non-legendary dragon type in the game, with a decent damage output.

Rejuvenation, however, is obviously not an ordinary pokémon game.  Even in casual mode, it takes an extra step in difficulty even when compared to Reborn, so all that work spent into babysitting Noibat, hunting for scales to give Noivern good moves,, and possibly breeding and EV training, can go into the gutter pretty fast with most late game opponents running perfect sets and busted seeds usually in tandem with field effects that are tipped heavily in their favor. 

Since crests are held items, therefore making Noivern unable to run Life orb or Specs, a pre-nerf Soul Dew-esque secondary effect, that aplies to special attack only coupled with a decent+18 SPATTK/ +12 SPEED buff, would be awesome on it's crest, putting some serious wall breaking power and speed behind it's stabs and coverage but also ensuring that it won't just OHKO everything, especially stuff that's supposed to counter it. (Gardevoir, Snorlax, Clefable, Toxapex, to name a few).

Umbreon Crest - Attack +20, gains Poison Heal ability. Cause its Pokedex entry itself says... "When this Pokémon becomes angry, its pores secrete a poisonous sweat, which it sprays at its opponent's eyes". So, it's skin and body is supposed to be immune to Poison.

• Like 2

Meowstic Crest: +15 Sp.Def/Def, Increases turn duration for Light Screen/Reflect

Chandelure Crest: +10 Speed, Increases STAB effectiveness

Slurpuff Crest: Grants Harvest Ability (I feel kind of iffy about this depending on its usefulness but it'd be fun.)

Vanilluxe Crest: +20 Speed

Alright, might as well see what I can think of...

Golurk Crest: +10 attack, Phantom Force becomes a 1-turn move.

Crabominable Crest: Gives it Contrary as an ability.

Tropius Crest: Changes it's resistances to as if it were pure Flying-type (AKA remove it's Grass-based weaknesses).

I'd think of more, but I can't really be bothered to be creative at this moment.

Make unown great again

Unown crest: Hidden power becomes super effective against all types and gains STAB regardless of type(If target is dual type then it deals 4x damage). Damage against it is reduced to half or one-third of its original damage

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dave9 said:

Oh for f*ck sake, you can only get those berries prior to the sidequest with Mosely. That along with the name rater problem needs to be changed for V12 because that's pure bullsh!t. I can't even get any via thief

Does the Lost Camp disappear once you end the sidequest? 🤔 I thought the only change was Maman...

Also, I would think the shopping center in GDC/Neo Gearen would have those berries in the future 

Accelgor Crest: Boosts evasion in Rain. Like Snow Cloak and Sand Veil.

Pyukumuku Crest: Improves Innards Out ability where it will always do 100% HP damage regardless of what percent of hp it had at the KO.

Greninja Crest: 40+ Atk, 40+ SPA, 10+ Spd

Despite being a popular pokemon I believe Greninja should get a crest. It could be a good substitute for ash-greninja but also, should be the most difficult crest to find so, people have to work for it.

3 hours ago, kulesiak said:

What, where?

I think I recall Geara using an overworld Dusknoir somewhere, maybe at Valor Mountain? But I don't really know and I want to so, +1

Round two: Water/Ground Edition!

Quagsire Crest: +10 Atk., +10 Def., +30 Sp. Def.

The Logic:

Spoiler

This one's the simplest of the bunch, since quaggy doesn't actually need to much help- it manages to be one of the two most commonly used Water/Grounds despite having by far the lowest BST of them all, if I've seen anything correctly. The +50 that's common that the original batch of Crests gave really oughta be enough, ya know? Interestingly, this specific spread gives the salamander the same bulk and base attack stat as Type:Null and silvally. Weird, huh?

Whishcash Crest: Negates Grass Typed attacks and raises Attack one stage (ala Sap Sipper)

The Logic:

Spoiler

This one's modeled after the current Stuntank Crest, which negated the only weakness and increased a stat when hit by said weakness. It's a powerful effect on something with this Type combination, but given that wishcash is the most mediocre of the pokes that have it, and that catfish IRL have no real qualms with eating algae, I'd say its fair.

Gastrodon Crest: +10 Def., +10 Sp. Def, and slows attackers that make physical contact (ala the Gooey Ability)

The Logic:

Spoiler

This one's admittedly a bit more on the goofy side. The Defense buffs do what Defense buffs always do, and are minor enough to not be the main draw of the item (I hope). The pokemon is less 'in need of help' and more 'stuck in the shadow of others', so major stat buffs aren't as necessary as giving it a new niche is. Giving it Gooey does just that- dropping the Speed of would-be Physical Sweepers makes them that much easier for them to be revenge killed, which allows it provide incidental support for its team. Between that and it already having access to Storm Drain, it cuts down the safe options the opponent has in regards to dealing with the sea slug!

Seismitoad Crest: +20 Atk., and allows to holder to inflict Poisoned Status to Poison and Steel Types (ala Corrosion)

The Logic:

Spoiler

So, it turns out that seismitoad already has a niche over its fellow Water/Ground Types in the form of the Ability Poison Touch- it just hasn't been a particularly popular one. It doesn't help that back in BW, its offensive stats were equal and Poison Touch only had a 20% activation rate, though both of those have been alleviated somewhat in later games. Why not build on that even further by making its offensive affinity even more clear and cutting down the restrictions of Poison Touch a bit? It's not like Toxic's around to ruin everything yet or likely to show up soon anyway, right? Now, if only GF would give it a Physical Water move...

Note that I'm not giving swampert a Crest because it already has a Mega to work with. Why should I go invalidating that?

• Like 1