Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

• Veterans

9 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

Honestly, on the topic of crests, when I first heard of them in game, I was a little intrigued.  And when the first one I found was for Serviper, a Pokemon who I first started using on this game, I was ecstatic.  While I don't believe my Seviper was lagging behind, it definitely gave it a much needed boost and I love it.  What boosts does the crest actually give though?

+10 offenses, +30 speed. It was one of the first we made so itd super tame compared to the rest. That may change.

32 minutes ago, not Azery said:

+10 offenses, +30 speed. It was one of the first we made so itd super tame compared to the rest. That may change.

Oh, it was the first you made? I'm not really that disappointed with it though, since it was the only crest I actually found.  I don't know what the others are.  Tame isn't always lame

On 3/28/2019 at 5:05 PM, Sceptilespy said:

Alolan Raichu, Infernape, and a ton of other Pokemon you've made crests for do not need them. No offense, but I mainly made that comment after seeing most of your crests. I like that you're enthusiastic about crests but I can tell you haven't used most of the Pokemon you're making crests for, which is probably something you should try out before making a crest for a mon. 

EDIT: To clarify: It isn't inherently bad to make a crest for a strong Pokemon, but it should have a reason to exist. In my opinion, it should change the style of play, and add something new or fresh to the Pokemon instead of just being a miniature mega evolution in disguise as a "Crest". 

I can't guarantee that I have every single pokemon to go with many crest that I've suggested but pokemon like Walrein, Beautifly and Araquanid are lacking something whether it would be power, speed or bulk. Initially, I didn't consider the idea of these crests being used for fun rather than competitive items since some of them like the magcargo crest are used to enhance pokemon not to mention many suggestions are trying to power up pokemon in general. I deliberately didn't ask for a crest for my favorite pokemon since it already has a mega evolutions so it would be pointless to add (imo). For some of my suggestions I did look in my pc box to see what pokemon I had and submitted crest ideas for them like that post on March 9. Personally, the only pokemon that I hope doesn't get a crest is Delcatty since it's by far my least favorite pokemon, since 5th gen's sequel, that pokemon has been irritating me. Respect to whoever came up with the idea of crests and the good ideas to back them up.   

Edited by Dave9

Alright, alright, I think we kind of need to drop the crest topic if you are persisting on what you put out is chosen. The decision more or less probably has been made and we need to kind of accept that and move on. Not every Pokemon who should get a crest will get one. It is ultimately just a fun little addition to mess with more Pokemon and something someone absolutely needs. Nobody is really saying much but I really don't want to see the V12 discussion board end up being about potential crests.

Now watch me as I don't listen to my own advice.

15 hours ago, Dave9 said:

I hope doesn't get a crest is Delcatty since it's by far my least favorite pokemon

Hey @not Azery I don't care how terrible it is. Make a Delcatty Crest just so that I can use it just to spite this guy. Do it. I know you want to and see my suffering over and over again trying to make it useful.

28 minutes ago, yoonoyuno said:

Not trying to rush you guys, but when are we expecting v12 to be ready?

It’s ready when Jan says it’s ready. There’s no specific time. Please be patient. Check the status on the first page every now and then for updates or become a patron.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/30/2019 at 3:20 PM, Commander said:

Alright, alright, I think we kind of need to drop the crest topic if you are persisting on what you put out is chosen. The decision more or less probably has been made and we need to kind of accept that and move on. Not every Pokemon who should get a crest will get one. It is ultimately just a fun little addition to mess with more Pokemon and something someone absolutely needs. Nobody is really saying much but I really don't want to see the V12 discussion board end up being about potential crests.

Now watch me as I don't listen to my own advice.

Hey @not Azery I don't care how terrible it is. Make a Delcatty Crest just so that I can use it just to spite this guy. Do it. I know you want to and see my suffering over and over again trying to make it useful.

You'd have to double that horrendous pokemon stats in order to make it viable. If anything it would have to become the next Liepard and have pranskter in order to make it useful, either way I'd probably get rid of the crest as soon as I found it so I can forget about its existence. With that I should be able to stop talking about crests as long as we don't bring up the crest for the devil ie my least favorite pokemon. I'm really surprised to see that in less than 2 months V12 is over 50% completion, It might come out in July at this rate

On 2/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, Jan said:

Progress:

-----------Old Content:----------------- 33%

#################### | Map Cleanup (100%)

#################### | Script Cleanup (0%)

#################### | Misc Cleanup (0%)

-----------New Content:----------------- 71%

#################### | Mapping (90%)

#################### | Story  (75%)

#################### | Eventing (80%)

#################### | Sidequests (40%)

-------------------------------------------

#################### | Total (52%)

Dive time.

Reveal hidden contents

ZPqJZR6.png

F0zBjgD.png

Edit: Oops forgot one thing.

If you're interested in seeing things posted even earlier (I post stuff there before I post here), consider supporting me on Patreon!

https://www.patreon.com/Janichroma

52% alreary? I can't stand it, the hype is so much!!!

Lately I'm getting more excited about a new chapter than the new games of the original franchise
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kyle3927 said:

Lately I'm getting more excited about a new chapter than the new games of the original franchise

Well, I am, too, since I found Reborn & Rejuvenation

55 minutes ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

So the next area available is Zone Zero then the Spring of Rejuvenation .

It seems that Zone Zero assets are already available (refer to tileset) so it's more than likely.

58 minutes ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

Okay. I bet Angie is gonna show up.

I wonder if we're going to see (or, better, fight) Rift Regice at last.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

Okay. I bet Angie is gonna show up.

Angie said that she had her sight aimed higher than ever before yet she hasn't attacked GDC aka the biggest city in Aevium. I wonder if there's going to be a huge "arc" where every threat we've encountered: team xen, team bladestar, Angie and those mysterious figures show up to seize GDC. If Angie doesn't go after GDC then she'll probably attack Neverwinter as revenge for what Kreiss did to her in chapter 8

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, kithas said:

I wonder if we're going to see (or, better, fight) Rift Regice at last.

I don't know but I definitely want to fight her again. Melt her frozen heart.

6 hours ago, Dave9 said:

Angie said that she had her sight aimed higher than ever before yet she hasn't attacked GDC aka the biggest city in Aevium. I wonder if there's going to be a huge "arc" where every threat we've encountered: team xen, team bladestar, Angie and those mysterious figures show up to seize GDC. If Angie doesn't go after GDC then she'll probably attack Neverwinter as revenge for what Kreiss did to her in chapter 8

I guess Team Xen, Bladestar. Angie, Vitus are planning something big

1 hour ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

I guess Team Xen, Bladestar. Angie, Vitus are planning something big

From what we've seen, taking "Where Love Lies" into account, I would say Angie/Vitus/Indriad and Team Xen are different threats, and the same is true for Xen and Bladestar, so it would be fun to have a point in the plot when everyone was there and they started confronting each other actually

8 hours ago, Dave9 said:

I wish it's Neverwinter for al the times we've heard about it.

9 minutes ago, kithas said:

From what we've seen, taking "Where Love Lies" into account, I would say Angie/Vitus/Indriad and Team Xen are different threats, and the same is true for Xen and Bladestar, so it would be fun to have a point in the plot when everyone was there and they started confronting each other actually

I wish it's Neverwinter for al the times we've heard about it.

I get what you mean.