Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

3 hours ago, Lucky98 said:

Intense Mode isn’t impossible. Some main battles are obviously hard (Geara and Zetta on top of the volcano was hell), but every battle is doable if you adjust your strategy after losing a few times. The seeds are really helpful, for example. My only experience with intense is a psychic mono run in the latest version, but I managed to beat it, so it definitely should be possible using a normal, more balanced team as well. 

With intense, though, I will say EV training is a necessity. I found often times changing the field on major battles was helpful as well (honestly made Adam kind of a joke). I’ve gotten through normal multiple times without paying attention to EVs 

Oh god, I'm glad that I won't be doing that battle on intense difficulty. That battle on normal difficulty was by far the hardest battle of all, it took me so many tries despite having some ev trained pokemon but I'm sure that they'll be some difficult battles in later versions.

Edit: Unfortunately, Mr.Luck doesn't change your difficulty once you meet him on route 7 so unless I can change difficulties in V12, I won't be playing on intense mode with the pokemon I'm currently training

Edited by Dave9

Electivire Crest: 20+ Hp, 20+ def, 20+ Sp and ability Galvanize

Magmortar Crest: 20+ Hp, 20+ def, 20+ Sp and ability Desolate land

Archeops Crest: 20+ def, 20+ Spd and ability tough claw

Feraligatr Crest: 20+ Sp and ability multiscale

17 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

Electivire Crest: 20+ Hp, 20+ def, 20+ Sp and ability Galvanize

Magmortar Crest: 20+ Hp, 20+ def, 20+ Sp and ability Desolate land

Archeops Crest: 20+ def, 20+ Spd and ability tough claw

Feraligatr Crest: 20+ Sp and ability multiscale

You do realize that they're no longer taking any others crest ideas right? They let people leave suggestions for a good amount of time

Extremely long and excessive prep is finally done, almost 4 boxes of ev trained pokemon with decent movesets. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope that in V12 it's possible to change difficulties so I can switch to intense mode 

My uncle works for Jan and told me that due to all the Greninja crest suggestions, the dev team finally gave in and are working on a Greninja crest as we speak. Details coming at a later date. I am however unfortunate to say that Froakie will be removed from the starter selection and upon starting V12 any Pokemon of the Froakie line you possess will be immediately deleted. Thank you, and have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That’s unfortunate to hear.

I have messed up my save file due to doing random things in Ocean Pier and suddenly Black Out in the area where the factory field is at and got sent to Xen Brigade where it heals my team but lost control of movement (and was a fool to save it afterward). Even after 11.3 I’m still trapped. So losing my Greninja is inconsequential at this point.

Well, that gives me enough time to record another adventure (and redo my entire AP rewards) of mono-Fairy run!

13 hours ago, Commander said:

My uncle works for Jan and told me that due to all the Greninja crest suggestions, the dev team finally gave in and are working on a Greninja crest as we speak. Details coming at a later date. I am however unfortunate to say that Froakie will be removed from the starter selection and upon starting V12 any Pokemon of the Froakie line you possess will be immediately deleted. Thank you, and have a nice day.

My Jan works for uncle, I can't really disclose anything but from my understanding Budew is getting a crest and will replace Froakie (and any other starter for that matter) as a starter Pokémon. 

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2019 at 11:07 PM, Dave9 said:

Alolan Raichu crest: +25spatk +25 spd and ability levitate

Krookodile crest: +20 atk +25 spd

Florges crest: +25 def and spdef

Wishiwashi crest: maintains school form despite losing more than 75% hp

Umbreon crest: +30 def and 30 spdef (make it bulkier than ever)

Bisharp crest: +25 atk and +25 spd, ability moxie

Araquanid crest: +30 atk and +30 def

Bruxish crest: +25atk and +25 speed

Talonflame crest: +25 atk and +25spd (only way to kill it would be accelerock or a sturdy pokemon)

Golurk crest: +20 atk, +10 def and +10 spdef

Machamp crest: +15 atk, def and spdef

Nidoking crest: +20 atk, spatk and spd

Chatot crest: +25 spatk and +25 spd

Ribombee crest: +25 spatk and +25 spd

Incineroar crest: +15 atk and +30 spd, ability tough claws

Tsareena crest: +20 atk and +20 spd

Lycanroc crest: +15 atk and spd, 

Noivern crest: +25 spatk and +20 spd, ability aerilate

Heliolisk crest: +25 spatk and +20 spd, ability gavalnize

Infernape crest: +20 atk,+20 spd and ability tough claws

Edit: Sorry about what I said about the umbreon crest idea earlier ICSW. I'll try to remember not to use those kind of words

Please make this happen; even if it’s just aerilate @ Noivern 

14 hours ago, Commander said:

Ouch. You're serious,  right?

Guess this is what happens when you pester the devs....

14 hours ago, Commander said:

I can understand that many people have been demanding for a greninja crest and it's forced the dev team to make one (personally I wouldn't have recommended that crest since greninja is already really good) but deleting everyone's greninja/frogadier/froakie as a result of this is really unfair for people who didn't constantly beg for a greninja crest. Would it be possible to have a sidequest similar to the Lucario sidequest in Reborn where you encounter the mother that's protecting its egg and after a few encounters you battle the mother (in this context the greninja holding the crest) and once you defeat her the greninja will give you the crest and you'll be able to get a froakie egg(of course this is just a sidequest idea, it could be something completely different from my idea and it could be in a later version) . I know I'm asking for a lot but this shouldn't be the outcome of this, it's very unfortunate for everyone who didn't get involved in this.

15 hours ago, Commander said:

can confirm, i'm commander's uncle. however seeing the reaction from the fans it seems they don't want a greninja crest after all, so we won't make it. froakie will still be removed from the game. have a good day

1 hour ago, Dave9 said:

I can understand that many people have been demanding for a greninja crest and it's forced the dev team to make one (personally I wouldn't have recommended that crest since greninja is already really good) but deleting everyone's greninja/frogadier/froakie as a result of this is really unfair for people who didn't constantly beg for a greninja crest. Would it be possible to have a sidequest similar to the Lucario sidequest in Reborn where you encounter the mother that's protecting its egg and after a few encounters you battle the mother (in this context the greninja holding the crest) and once you defeat her the greninja will give you the crest and you'll be able to get a froakie egg(of course this is just a sidequest idea, it could be something completely different from my idea and it could be in a later version) . I know I'm asking for a lot but this shouldn't be the outcome of this, it's very unfortunate for everyone who didn't get involved in this.

it was a really badly made joke. Greninja isn't getting removed.

4 hours ago, Dave9 said:

Image result for woooosh meme

• Haha 1

I'm glad it was a joke but I'm not the only one who didn't realize it, the other messages before mine made me believe that they were serious. I knew deleting several pokemon was way too excessive no matter what happens

Well, if it was a joke, then you got me real good!

What I didn’t joke about was that I actually deleted my save due to being trapped, and I am not going to put my file here since I no longer pursue it. It’s all right though, I have an opportunity to get Anju’s Pendent and take the Flora route on my second new adventure, something I didn’t do last year.

Heads up: 

If you want a better chance of your crest being accepted in the chance they reopen submissions in the future. You should 

A. Consider that the developers are aiming for more gimmicky, fun, and original effects instead of just raw stat boosts. 

B. Give Pokemon that actually need crests, crests. If you haven't used the Pokemon, it's probably for the best you don't make a crest for them. The amount of suggestions I've seen for Pokemon that are fine on their own is honestly a bit ridiculous. For a better idea of things that actually need crests, you should look in the NU tier of Smogon or below. Everything above that is usable. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Heads up: 

If you want a better chance of your crest being accepted in the chance they reopen submissions in the future. You should 

A. Consider that the developers are aiming for more gimmicky, fun, and original effects instead of just raw stat boosts. 

B. Give Pokemon that actually need crests, crests. If you haven't used the Pokemon, it's probably for the best you don't make a crest for them. The amount of suggestions I've seen for Pokemon that are fine on their own is honestly a bit ridiculous. For a better idea of things that actually need crests, you should look in the NU tier of Smogon or below. Everything above that is usable. 

I tend to try giving crest ideas for unused pokemon or pokemon that are slightly lacking something whether it would be power, speed, bulk or better abilities (I thought the idea of ability alteration via crests would be pretty cool). Like I said at the beginning of crest submissions pokemon with mega evolutions shouldn't get crests since they're already enhanced or any really good pokemon like greninja

1 hour ago, Dave9 said:

I tend to try giving crest ideas for unused pokemon or pokemon that are slightly lacking something whether it would be power, speed, bulk or better abilities (I thought the idea of ability alteration via crests would be pretty cool). Like I said at the beginning of crest submissions pokemon with mega evolutions shouldn't get crests since they're already enhanced or any really good pokemon like greninja

Try submitting ideas for a pokemon crest after going through its pokedex entries first and then all the stats and other stuff. I was also holding off one of my ideas till now, because I didn't know if it was good enough, but here it goes.

Eevee Crest - Acts like a Everstone and Eviolite on Eevee, but boosts all stats by 50%. Allows Eevee to change it's form based on the attack used.

This might be difficult to program, I guess.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:27 AM, Dave9 said:

Extremely long and excessive prep is finally done, almost 4 boxes of ev trained pokemon with decent movesets. I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope that in V12 it's possible to change difficulties so I can switch to intense mode 

not really needed 4 boxes, after I beat Angie, every battle after that was kinda easy, just have 2-3 priority moves pokemon who hit hard.... My main weapon in gym battles is Golisopod. KOed 4 of Adams pokemon with First impression, its really broken in trainer battles. I even beat Nova before beating Adam, without changing field, even though I was pretty much underleveled. 

20 hours ago, Dave9 said:

Alolan Raichu, Infernape, and a ton of other Pokemon you've made crests for do not need them. No offense, but I mainly made that comment after seeing most of your crests. I like that you're enthusiastic about crests but I can tell you haven't used most of the Pokemon you're making crests for, which is probably something you should try out before making a crest for a mon. 

EDIT: To clarify: It isn't inherently bad to make a crest for a strong Pokemon, but it should have a reason to exist. In my opinion, it should change the style of play, and add something new or fresh to the Pokemon instead of just being a miniature mega evolution in disguise as a "Crest". 

Honestly, on the topic of crests, when I first heard of them in game, I was a little intrigued.  And when the first one I found was for Serviper, a Pokemon who I first started using on this game, I was ecstatic.  While I don't believe my Seviper was lagging behind, it definitely gave it a much needed boost and I love it.  What boosts does the crest actually give though?