A wild fanart appeared!

Freya

And I thought I'll handle things with maturity this time but then comment like this appears:

Btw, thank you SO much for your nice comment regarding my drawings. You inspired me to try out bakrounds and shadows, even though I'm very little confident around those areas. So thank you for that too! ^^

giphy.gif

holyfuckholyfuckholyfuck i inspired somebody to do something!!

Thank you i'm so relieved you liked those pics<3

Tania isn't my type of woman, but damn those hips don't lie! :P

one just gotta see her nicer side *snapping finger guns as backs outta door*

• Upvote 2

Is...is that...Terra in a dress? I...I...ILOVEITSOMUCHTYBAEISLOOKINGFANCYASFUCKJRHGFDGUIHRUGHFIUH

Edit: I meant suit, dressy attire, whatevs is just too perf

Edited by DJWongTong
  • Upvote 1

Hmm the serpeior/medicham one has some bizarre perspective issues, like the stairs are huge and the buildings look way too small..

Also as nice as the fashionista pics are I think it's kind obvious the poses were either traced or copied. Not that this is terrible, as a lot of even professional artists do this.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Veterans

Hmm the serpeior/medicham one has some bizarre perspective issues, like the stairs are huge and the buildings look way too small..

Also as nice as the fashionista pics are I think it's kind obvious the poses were either traced or copied. Not that this is terrible, as a lot of even professional artists do this.

It's called using reference, and there's nothing wrong with using reference material, seriously. Even if the poses were traced, you learn a lot from just drawing pre-existing poses. It just gets a lot of stigma for some reason, and it's absolutely unnecessary as soooo many artists use reference material, even famous painters such as Vincent van Gogh and Rembrandt. It shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

There's still a difference between using reference and tracing though. Using reference is taking something and drawing from it, so not tracting over the lines, just draw from what you see and use it to your advantage. Tracing can be tracing a pose, which is fine, but the only time you should be getting mad about tracing is when it outright copies a pre-existing artwork down to all the lines.

• Upvote 3

Are you trying to make some kind of point? Using references is HIGHLY encouraged.

Ayeeeee I see some Aya art! Aya deserves all the art!

The expression is spot-on, if you ask me. I like~

And I've just seen the Lucario seconds ago on tumblr c: It's lovely, I always do enjoy it when people draw scenes from the game, and to see art of specific Pokémon in it is pretty cool! Can't have the human characters get all the attention when there's so many distinct Pokémon to encounter, too.

So now excuse me while I repair my feelings again real quick.

Ye, I was wondering if I'd make windows bigger and somehow make buildings look decent but idk... Gotta pay more attention next time rushing never leads anything good.

Also as nice as the fashionista pics are I think it's kind obvious the poses were either traced or copied.

Why are you saying this? I can come up with ideas regarding scenes and landscapes, but I'm not creative enough to figure out some boring ass standing pose by myself? True, because Lin's and Ciel's poses were completely based on certain pics and I'm ashamed I didn't mention it earlier, I didn't think it was important sorry (tell me if u wanna see original pics i'll link them). But I don't think that's really a big deal, I just used pose reference not full on traced or something.

Okay I don't wanna say I came up with poses all by myself, because of course I looked some magazine covers and pics of women in suits and models and shit, but I'd rather call that getting inspired than copying huehh

but honestly small side note here I'm happy that you think I based those pics on some real photos it means I might actually have succeeded to create fashion photos u know~

And enough babbling! More admiring!! Because if the mom lucario isn't the cutest then Luna hugging zorua would be too. And Aya! Looking rad sitting on seviper and all.

• Upvote 1

Can't have the human characters get all the attention when there's so many distinct Pokémon to encounter, too.

Hahaha, that's what I keep telling myself, if only to justify my lack of drawing people XD thank you so much!!

Okay I don't wanna say I came up with poses all by myself, because of course I looked some magazine covers and pics of women in suits and models and shit, but I'd rather call that getting inspired than copying huehh

And enough babbling! More admiring!! Because if the mom lucario isn't the cutest then Luna hugging zorua would be too.

Using references is like THE way artists learn to draw. hah ok I'm sure you already know that - it just bothers me that people seem to assume any realistic pose must have been traced or copied. but you're right lol enough babbling; more admiring. Your pictures are AMAZING!! Because you know what I can't stand Terra but that pic like good lord she looks so COOL. And Lin on the hydreigon is just amazing. good lord it's awesome. you're awesome.

• Upvote 2

i'm pretty sure that I said it wasn't terrible about the pose referencing and many professionals do it. It's nothing to be ashamed of really. Admittedly the fashion ones stuck out to me because my sister has magazine pics with some really similar poses

Don't take it too personally, it wasn't meant as an insult.

i'm pretty sure that I said it wasn't terrible about the pose referencing and many professionals do it.

Ah, you said that they were either traced or copied, which is quite different from referencing. Referencing is how you learn, and is indeed something many professionals do - tracing and copying is not, and tracing in particular is in a small way art theft. That's why so many people responded negatively to your comment, because of the implication of disingenuity.

• Upvote 2

So this is an idea that's been flying around in my mind for awhile. It's super dumb. So I trust some of you have watched Steven Universe? Well if not then watch this video before looking at my art else you won't understand probably.

I wanted to make it look more pretty but what is time ;-;

0952363dd08a42ea80c38980cdd25481.png3c3ef7452d9741dca59f8eea9b5738fc.png3de37995f486435099231a7b288971f9.png

bd6f6345d1894e85aca71a94e916f0b7.png

0c389a2abf42447e8d141a46d576625f.png *AGGRESSIVELY TRIES TO EVOLVE EEVEE*

67883ff93b174833b50e92c1f7f00187.png97f62abf34b541838f6577bd6f9349a8.png

df3d3f02a1f4467682216503be81142f.png

0c6e1b3345c64fc0a68fc28d492cb6a7.png this one was gonna have colours and everything instead it turned into a rough sketch because again i dont have tiem ;^;

8056fd8195b04445a3a2683ca75baca2.png Eve can't drive god save her

Believe in.....

8ce11cd9b2394a5cbd12c021521d545b.png

55029dfc2832487aa1125139ae5645ac.png

19694f7ea81c4f6884af73f606353ba6.png

And Steevee!!

• Upvote 7

Roses don't bloom
Violets don't bloom
The Cheer Captain was here
They all went kaboom!

Basically I have no real idea how to draw or paint, but excitement for E16 has gotten the better of me!
So I took Julia's two little images from the character page as template, just stuck to these closely and hopped into MS Paint (crinnnnge) for some days.
Cheering for everybody! \o/

post-61368-0-61867300-1466028208_thumb.png

• Upvote 3

[03:50] +CHROMA Will: hey guys real quick, give me a character form the reborn game

[03:51] +CHROMA Will: *from
[03:51] IntSys: julia

[03:51] +CHROMA Will: Julia it is, thanks fren

Late night rough practice since I haven't posted in here for a while

aa53c4c584e345a8b75f8c270cde8435.png

• Upvote 8

Aah, these drawings of Julia are just wonderful! ~

I also just add some drawings as well. Only three this time, but as someone once said: Somtimes, less is more.

ZEL, but I tried to guess the eyecolor of each of them (not really guessing with Zero, as I am assuming its his body they are trapped in). I don't know if there exist any sprite art for the two girls, so this is just pure guessing for the fun of it.

- http://orig02.deviantart.net/fc30/f/2016/174/c/6/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6z_by_victoria2037-da7bcns.jpg

With Zero, it was of course golden. With Eve, I guessed green and with Lumi I guessed blue.

Next up is something I actually enjoyed drawing, which is my comments or reactions to characters within Reborn. I did two of these and tried to make them somewhat funny. Not everybody is as funny though (Corey's especially, since I felt it would be too disrespectful to make fun of him). But here goes!

Part 1 - http://orig01.deviantart.net/eab1/f/2016/174/8/3/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6m_by_victoria2037-da7bcno.jpg

Part 2 - http://orig04.deviantart.net/1c0a/f/2016/174/3/7/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6c_by_victoria2037-da7bcnj.jpg

• Upvote 4

I'm just going to roll around on the floor for a bit here if you all don't mind.

There's been so much ZEL art lately, I am in paradise.

I enjoy your art and you've only been improving since the first time I saw you post here, so keep drawing!

Tho what got me most was Cain's kissy face :'3 Cain pls, contain yourself.

As a small side note: There are sprites of Eve and Lumi here. Ame may have abandoned that writing project, but personally I've been imagining the sisters according to those sprites ever since. (And I may have given in to temptation whoo oops)

Eve has long hair in Ame's sprites, I just cut in short on mine because I thought it suited her c:

Jasmi also drew Eve and didn't post the art set here because she apparently wants to be blackmailed by alice again :')

I'm just going to roll around on the floor for a bit here if you all don't mind.

There's been so much ZEL art lately, I am in paradise.

I enjoy your art and you've only been improving since the first time I saw you post here, so keep drawing!

Tho what got me most was Cain's kissy face :'3 Cain pls, contain yourself.

As a small side note: There are sprites of Eve and Lumi here. Ame may have abandoned that writing project, but personally I've been imagining the sisters according to those sprites ever since. (And I may have given in to temptation whoo oops)

Eve has long hair in Ame's sprites, I just cut in short on mine because I thought it suited her c:

Jasmi also drew Eve and didn't post the art set here because she apparently wants to be blackmailed by alice again :')

You're too nice!

Also, nice trivia on Eve and Lumi's sprite. I really didn't know, though I guess it is understandable since I'm not a very old fan of Reborn.

Haha, yeah, Cain flirting with the MC has always amused me for some reason, even though I usually hate romance in any media. I think its maybe because the MC never replies to him or takes any hint? Anyway, I'd probably shatter his heart by turning him down because I'm aromantic, woops.

Late night rough practice since I haven't posted in here for a while

aa53c4c584e345a8b75f8c270cde8435.png

Nicely done! I like the coloring technique.

Aah, these drawings of Julia are just wonderful! ~

I also just add some drawings as well. Only three this time, but as someone once said: Somtimes, less is more.

ZEL, but I tried to guess the eyecolor of each of them (not really guessing with Zero, as I am assuming its his body they are trapped in). I don't know if there exist any sprite art for the two girls, so this is just pure guessing for the fun of it.

- http://orig02.deviantart.net/fc30/f/2016/174/c/6/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6z_by_victoria2037-da7bcns.jpg

With Zero, it was of course golden. With Eve, I guessed green and with Lumi I guessed blue.

Next up is something I actually enjoyed drawing, which is my comments or reactions to characters within Reborn. I did two of these and tried to make them somewhat funny. Not everybody is as funny though (Corey's especially, since I felt it would be too disrespectful to make fun of him). But here goes!

Part 1 - http://orig01.deviantart.net/eab1/f/2016/174/8/3/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6m_by_victoria2037-da7bcno.jpg

Part 2 - http://orig04.deviantart.net/1c0a/f/2016/174/3/7/untitled_by_victoria2037_da7bc6c_by_victoria2037-da7bcnj.jpg

I love those comics. It's only second to derogatory trainer's reactionlocke.

Hey, those VS sprites are super cute!

YOOOOOO THOSE SHOES THO