[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The War Room (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Isobel Low & LOTUS

Isobel had ratcheted down her level of movement, the business with the goblins ensuring that she didn't really have to do much dodging for now. Instead, she stayed near the center of the group, away from the mist, while LOTUS spoke, the expression on his screen actually set to a plain smile. "I can't believe I'm praising a strategy this crazy, but whoever is doing what they're doing with the goblin and pot, that's brilliant! It also looks like the skeletal warriors over there are presently getting locked down, so I would presently recommend hitting the archers for now, but since you all are already doing that... well, I'm satisfied! Keep doing what you're doing, this is working out well! ...I do, however, recommend staying out of the mist if at all possible, since without ANY external information about where we are, it could potentially be anything, even something deadly. If you want to hit those archers, I recommend targeting..."

Efficiency Analysis on the Archer Battalion!

Navin Mhasalkar

"Well, this would appear to be working! My deepest thanks to whoever aided me!" With those words of thanks, Navin dashed off towards the large group of arriving archers, moving his arms quickly; he may be getting predictable, but the fact was that the energy he felt flowing in his veins was greater than usual; thanks to the boost he had received earlier, he had felt a rather immense potential for a few seconds now, and he had seen it translate to greater power within his strikes; his lighter but faster ability became very potent in this state, and none of his enemies seemed to be as heavily armored as the Kemenel enemies he had developed his other techniques for during the War. Really, it would have been a waste not to use this technique again.

Flurry of Explosions on the Archer Battalion!

Friedhold uses "Sonic Boom" again to try and knock some of the Beasts into the crackpot, costs 2 Eve(7/20).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan uses "Basic Attack" on the Beasts dealing 2d10+Str(8) damage.

A large glowing circle begins to encompass the area around the pink mist. It's less of a circle, more like a general circle-like shape as part of it intersects with the mist, and other parts are too wide. 

"The secret lies in the mist!"

Boomtown (somehow) Telestrates the mysterious pink mist to uncover more about it. (INT VS. INT)

Kagari switches songs to Paradichlorobenzene. Heal Soryn and Hiroki for 7 + 1d4 hp per turn as long as she keeps singing.

Prei activates Elemental Spears - her next 4 instances of damage will each deal an additional 3 hits of 1d12 Fire damage!

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

Laver increases Atton's intelligence momentarily. 

Dackly violates the laws of physics and common sense, sending the entire volley of arrows scattering uselessly to the wind. The universe sort of squints and scratches its head.

Gozer blows up some of the mist! The mist seems angry!

Solomon lifts the barbecue goblin above the battle!

Atton fully heals the entire party! The extra energy bursts out of Samantha for [0] damage!

Bridgett bombards the group of archers for [145] damage! Three of them are blown to pieces befriended instantly.

Halley suppresses the warrior horde for 1 damage, disabling their basic attacks and defenses.

Edmond welds the archers again for [18] damage! The next hit will deal [27] additional damage.

Liliya knifes the beasts for [15] damage, destroying one of them!

Tama Vajra blasts the first group of bowmen for [52] total damage! Two collapse. 

Aurora blasts the horde with piercing light for [20] damage!

Venus fires a powerful, precise shot into the newly arrived Archer Battalion for [83] damage!  Two of the things shatter instantly. 

Kino reminds the soulless, mindless automatons of their oncoming demises, disabling all of their nonbasic actions. 

Ritsu chainsaws one of the remaining beasts for [17] damage! It falls to pieces. 

Lexiel summons her Lightkeeper.

Samantha tests the theory that the best solution is always to kill it with fire, setting herself ablaze and blasting her foes for [37] damage. She takes 27 total backlash damage as two of the archers cease to exist. 

Walmond causes the storm god's blade to arc with electricity. 

Lambda taunts the newly-arrived warriors. They would glare, if they had eyes. 

Jade fires a powerful round into the beasts for [73] damage, blowing three apart on the spot! 

Hayle blasts the archers with frost for [10] damage. 

Magna strikes one of the warriors with her scythe for [8] damage. 

Soryn elects to use piercing damage on a bunch of things with no blood or organs for [8] damage. He takes 7 damage. 

Leon rapidly strikes the archers for [39] damage! Two of them crumble. 

Hikari heals the vampire back to full health. Again. 

Victoria shoots the newcomer archers for [13] damage. 

Navin unleashes a third flurry of explosions for another [100] damage total, blowing four apart!

Friedhold blows [4] skeletons into the crackpot. 

Morgan strikes . . . nothing, as the only remaining beasts were now skeleton stew. 

Magnum telestrates the mist. [24 vs 29] He is unable to discern anything about its nature. 

Kagari changes songs! Her targets are no longer wounded, however.

Prei conjures elemental spears.

Empi places another counter-curse on herself.

Sachi defends.

Mitsurugi unleashes another Eruption upon the warriors for [45] damage! One of them is slashed apart. 

The warriors swing ineffectually at the goblin. [20] fall into the crackpot as they attempt to reach it. 

The archers not currently stunned by their own arrows riddle the airborne goblin with arrows, causing it to violently stop existing with a faint popping noise.

Abruptly, a massive shadow appears over a nearby hillside, distinctly hovering in the air above it. "That's quite enough." A woman's voice echoes across the field, amplified by something unseen. A magic circle draws itself in the air behind the shadow (something that may have reminded Bridgett of her homeworld), revealing a woman with some sort of garment over her head for a brief moment; the thing is black, with crimson lines creeping along it, almost making it look as if her eyes had been stabbed out. The cloak spreading out behind her looked similar, and was the source of the large silhouette. The rest of her body was covered in a lavender robe, with a darker triangle of material over the space between her shoulders and her waist. This, too, had a number of crimson lines spreading across it as if it were an infection, albeit not as many as were present on the cloak. What could be seen of her face was a deathly pale color, as if she were a corpse; her lips were stained black.

Several lines of magic erupted from the circle behind her, spiraling toward Dackly - and striking her crackpot, knocking the alchemical contraption over and sending its contents spewing across the battlefield. The circle fades, and with it the brief glimpse of their attacker; the group can briefly hear the woman laugh mockingly. The pink mist advances with her departure as if it were alive, suffusing the entire group. Each of them begins to have a creeping feeling of paranoia, as if at any moment any of the others could have betrayed them, could have already sold them out, could have been a spy for the foe the entire time; they should strike them down before. . . ! 

Navin, Empi (well, it might have triggered some. . . nonstandard thoughts in her, but we won't describe those here), Hiroki, Sachi, Dackly, Leon, and Gozer are particularly affected; each one takes 10 damage and is stunned as they attempt to quiet the violent thoughts within their minds. 

30 more Dragon Tooth Warriors arrive.

20 more Dragon Tooth Beasts arrive. 

The spilled essence in the Crackpot roils. A form gradually rises out of it; first wings, with naught but a faint distortion in the air, and far larger than what would be needed to heft any of the foes they had met so far. Then a monstrous spine and tail, studded with wicked-looking spikes. Ribcage, and finally the great skull of a dragon. It roared at the group, soundlessly but conveying a silent blast of terror, dealing [3] damage to Hiroki. Sachi takes [9] damage, and her regeneration is disabled for the round. Navin is already stunned. Empi takes 5 damage. Leon is already stunned.

"Oh? This is unexpected." The party - those who aren't trying to convince themselves not to murder their teammates, anyway, can make out a faint gesture from the shadowed woman. "Why, thank you, whoever and whatever you are. Conjuring one of the Dragonkind is beyond my abilities even now, but you were kind enough to create one for me." The skeletal beast beats its wings thrice, and then takes off into the night. "I do hope you enjoy the company I've provided you in return." The silhouette shrinks, and vanishes into the night. 

Party Status:
1. Laver: Healthy
2. Dackly: +7 RES, Stunned, 10 damage
3. Gozer: Stunned, 10 damage
4. Bridgett: Healthy
5. Jade: Harvest
6. Hayle: Healthy
7. Tama Vajra: +10 RES, +1 SYN
8. Aurora: 5 damage
9. Friedhold: Healthy
10. Morgan: Healthy
11. Lexiel: 5 Mana Bonds
12. Samantha: Harvest, 32 damage
13. Solomon: 5 damage
14. Venus: Healthy
15. Kino: Healthy
16. Enma: Gone
17. Wyvis: Healthy
18. Melina: Healthy
19. Isobel & LOTUS: Healthy
20. Navin: Stunned, 10 damage
21. Edmond: Healthy
22. Liliya: Healthy
23. Halley: Healthy
24. Lambda: 50% damage reduction
25: Walmond: Healthy
26. Hikari: +8 RES (Last turn), Tower Stance
27. Victoria: Healthy
28. Nessie: Monstrous Strength, Shadow Lash, Holy Light
29. Ritsu: Healthy
30. Sachi: +8 RES (Last turn), Tower Stance (Hikari, Kagari), Stunned, 9 damage
31. Empi: Save the Date (2/3 remain), Stunned, 10 damage
32. Kagari: Tower Stance, singing Knight of Firmament (-4 to all enemy damage dealt)
33. Prei: Elemental Spears
34. Mitsurugi: +8 DEX, Save the Date (3/3 remain), +12 damage, +8 Bonus Damage
35. Hiroki: 18 damage, Stunned
36. Magna: Healthy
37. Soryn: Hemosphere (17 HP)
38. Magnum: Healthy
39. Leon: Stunned, 10 damage
Crackpot: lol
Enemy Status: 
Archers (8): 667 damage, Recovering from stun
Warrior Horde A(9): Suppressed, Death's Breath, 65 damage
Archer Battalion (12): 10% crit when attacked, 243 damage
Warrior Horde B(30): None
Beast Pack (20): None

Jade O'Duffle 45/45 HP 4/6 Basic Rounds

As Jade becomes engulfed by the smoke he couldn't help but feel this sense of paranoia. He didn't know who to trust. His gaze turned to Mitsurugi as he slowly and shakily began turning his revolver towards her. What if she decides to strike him down when he's not looking? He already nearly died once this battle, who's to say he won't again. He shouldn't risk it and just take her out. "No! Jade snap out of it! That lass is not your enemy, those bone scarps are. Point your gun at them." He shook his head and his gun stopped shaking. With confidencce he pointd towards his real enemy and fired, his hat infusing the bullet with yellow eco.

Jade uses Aim to Kill on the Archer Battalion (3d6+Dex(6) With an effective 24% Crit)

Hayle Aster 51/51 HP

Hayle started shivering, and it wasn't from the cold either. As the mist engulfed her the fear of everyone trying to kill her rushed through her mind. ”W-what if Dackly and Gonzer were lying before. What if they were trying to kill me on the ship!” She clenched her staff close to her chest starring at the Snake women with fear. She couldn't do anything right now, she was helpless. Well maybe while she's distracted she can boop her hard on the head with her staff. Yea, that may actually work. She inched closer before shaking her head. ”Wait, this this wrong! She would never do that to me!” She took a closer look and noticed the snake woman was probably going through the same pain if not worse then her. She had to help her! ”D-don't worry Dackly, I'll help you!” She spoke raising her staff and sending a chilling breeze to snap some sense back into her.

Use Soothing Chill on Dackly, Heal [2d4+Syn(9)*1.5] and cure 1 status aliment (Stun)

Solomon

Solomon did not expect the pink wave of mist to be magic, is what he would say if he wanted to troll everyone, which he actually does right now...must have had something to do with how stressful the whole situation was.

Eventually he chose to compromise by making the weird snake lady....Dacktyl or something who is already flipping the hell out suddenly have an unnecessary amount of power over reality. Rather thankfully enough he only hit her with that blast of power after she stopped believing that we were all backstabbing bastards or something.

Solomon uses Ahead by a single page on Dackly, buffing her Int and Res by Solomon's Int/2

Atton 

Atton decided that the lady going around firing beams randomly should calm down and yelled "Focus fire on those Beasts! And keep your reagents in a safer space just in case it spills onto the ground and creates another fucking dragon, and that isn't a request!".

Atton uses Battle Plans on Dackly, buffing her main attacking stat (Which is considered to be Int) by his Int.

Laver shouts to Empi, "Come on Empi, It's the Gas! You have to fight it, you are too brave for this to affect you, I know what you are capable of!"

Oh god does he know...

Laver feels the sensations of paranoia, but as the Heart Doctor, you would be hard pressed to trick him into thinking that is how he truely feels.

--

"No... Get out... get out of my head." Dackly is curled up on the ground, whining. 

After being freed, she pauses for a second, before leaping up in the air, landing on her side.

She looks over to Gozer, whose flame is flickering weakly as he sits piled on the ground in a pile of carved boulders.

"I'm going to take whoever did this."

She looks over to the skeletons.

"I Hate you all so much."

"I hate you, I hate you I hate you."

Her muscles tense up as her eye squints.  her skin turns green.  Not the color of plants, but the color of snakes, for just a moment.  The metaphor is clear.  Life becomes Death for a moment as she flickers that strange slightly different shade.

"I Hate You!!!"

Suddenly, her single eye is pulled wide open as a green light washes over the battlefield, She petrifies the Dragon Tooth Skeleton Beasts, applying ((14(+32 From Int Buff)+1d6)*10) Hatred Stacks!  Everything that is not explicitly stone is instantly made such as a raw wave of pure hatred washes over the battlefield, this is the Evil Power.

Anyone who saw her would feel a hatred beyond human emotion washing off of her in waves, flowing over the ground like a vile fog.

Gozer watches this, his mind abuzz, critical of everyone around him, which ones would be most willing to betray Dackly, which ones are unworthy.

His gaze passes over the beast of hatred sitting before him.

Is she?

His stones shudder in resistance.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Bridgett shakes her head about trying to get the thoughts out of her mind "why would anyone do that they have no reson."  she though as Mornings Arrow chimed for her to calm down well it was letting out steam to cool its self down from the last attack. Closing her eyes for a moment an slowing her breathing she whispers Thanks to Mornings Arrow.  Opening her eyes she levels Mornings Arrow at group of archer she attack before, and just fires a blast at it.

Bridgett uses Shoot!!! on archer battalion for 1d8+syn(8) damage 

Navin Mhasalkar

Navin was swept over by the fog in the fighting, and then as it overtook him was suddenly assaulted by thoughts of paranoia, of betrayal, of attack, reprisal, and getting them before they could get him-- he clasped his hands to his head and he groaned. Navin did not know what crack in his psyche these thoughts were forcing themselves through, but they were forcing themselves through his head. Navin shuddered and shook his head, though it did not clear the thoughts. He was a protector, not a betrayer -- he couldn't let himself fall to this. And as Navin struggled within his head to dislodge the distrust, his new paranoia caused him to see things on the edges of his vision: silhouettes, of humanoid beings larger and wider than any man, studded by armor plates like the ones on Navin's own costume, with the ridges of angular, goggled masks. The enemies he'd faced, during the Kemenel wars. Navin forced himself to remember...

...when he was fifteen years old, at the Battle of Mumbai. Navin Mhasalkar stood there, a teenager in a simple white shirt and a dhoti rather than any flashy costume, eyes widened and body trembling. He'd seen the aliens before and had even fought off a Kemenel or two over the past year at his village, Mhasas. But this, all of this violence and destruction, it was too much...! Buildings slumped and fell with thunderous crashes as their bases, struck by alien rays, softened until they were unable to hold the buildings up, and bricks and beams littered the streets of Mumbai. These crashes, blasts, ray fire, shouts, and gurgles, created a cacophony that filled the air. In the city and in the sky above it, figures in brightly colored outfits twirled and fought, shooting beams and throwing punches. Hulking, green and black armored figures fought them on the ground, the rays from their guns and their own rod strikes presenting a brutal battle as the two sides tried their hardest to throughly kill each other. Sometimes, an alien would be too slow, and a laser would blow a hole through its chest, or it would get punched by a blow so powerful as to take it to pieces, or its armor would be burned hollow. Sometimes, a strike would slide right off of the armor, and the one who threw it would be punished with a organ-crushing slam of a rod to the chest, or they would become dead mush thanks to an alien ray.

Navin watched all this, and could not move a muscle other than his terrified shaking. The horror of what he was watching kept him rooted to the spot... and a still target is a rather easy target. A Kemenel approached, and put itself into range to easily fire at him before raising its gun and doing so. A beam lanced out, and struck... a man who had thrown himself in the way, interposing himself between the alien and the teenager. Wearing a red and orange suit with a brilliant yellow cape, the man had been struck directly in the head and now screamed and put his hands to his face as he tried and failed to keep his features on his face as it softened and lost consistency. Navin wanted to vomit, or pass out, or run, but... if he did, more people would die. What if it had been his village attacked like this, his sister fired at? He knew that he would fight for them. He had not been given these powers to abandon people. His destiny, for the work of gods was the only thing such a miracle could have been, has been given to him so that he could be a protector. He had to act -- it was his fate to act, as well as his duty. 

So Navin moved from around his dying savior, stutteringly speaking to himself in Marathi. "I-I, I, I... I must pr-protect, I m-must pr, protect, I m-must protect, I must protect!" With each repetition, he gained confidence and he gained speed, making a short sprint towards the Kemenel, which had just begun to raise its gun... and before it got the opportunity, he shouted and drove his fist into its helmet, an explosion blasting into it, rocking it and coating the inside of its goggles with a fluid as the alien toppled over dead. Navin continued to run forwards, now to the next enemy, because he had made his decision, and while terror and nausea still roiled through him, they were tempered with the knowledge that he was following his destiny.

Navin sometimes made himself remember this, whenever he began to lose heart, made himself remember this gory memory: because his fate and his duty to be a protector drove him, and he could never allow himself to betray that fate... no matter what the cost might be. Of course, the flashback combined with the thoughts of paranoia ensured that he did just stand there for now.

Navin is stunned!

Isobel Low & LOTUS

Paranoia and fear assaulted Isobel, too, while LOTUS' screen looked around and the tablet demanded answers as to what the effect of the fog was. Traitors or cultists or crazy men with guns -- many times someone turned out to be far more evil than they made themselves look to be, it had been an occurrence every couple of weeks or months on the NSS Exodus, and Isobel was struck by the thought that it might be about to happen to her again. But she forced in a jerking breath: she was here to help, and if helping people was what she could do, then it was what she would do -- opening herself up to potential pain was just a risk she had to take. The botanist looked around the battlefield, her unbound hair swishing, and saw people who had been far more affected than she -- including Sachi, the shy and armored girl she had fought next to on the mission in Rio, and who had helped her during that mission. It was time to return that favor. Calmly, Isobel walked over to to the short Hero, and placed a hand on each of her arms, lightly shaking her out of whatever reverie she was in... but so gently and caringly that even struck by the paranoia it was a step towards snapping Sachi out of it, "Sachi... please, now more than at any other point in this battle, we need to be helping each other. Helping each other is what makes people work together, and even with this fog making me wary I can't bring myself not to help you. Don't you want to help people, too...?"

Isobel unstuns Sachi with Help Intent!

The pink mist approached Halley. Fear and paranoia crept upon her, as if everyone's eyes were locked at her. Yet, despite the supposed danger around her, she did not counteract out of haste. If the whole ordeal about senator-shooting had taught her anything, it was that she should think twice before acting.

"No... this ain't right," she looked around again, and then it struck her. The mist was playing tricks on her! Shouts could be heard throughout the battlefield. They rang so clearly, yet she was only able to hear them just now.  

"...Great, more monsters. How about you get over here and fight us yourself?"

Halley took aim at the beasts that had just arrived and fired a paralyzing shot.

Action: Blaster - Paralyzer against Beast Pack, lowering their STR, DEX and RES by [SYN]/2 = 3 for 3 turns.

Edmond:

The moment the woman appeared, Edmond had, as quickly as possible, entered the commands in the HUD on his helmet to begin recording. It would be useful, right? To have a picture of the enemy.

As the mist washed over Edmond, he felt a slight tingling sensation, that feeling you get when someone is in the room, sneaking up on you, but you can't see them. And then, there was that rush of hatred: was someone in their group trying to kill them? Betray them? This thought was quickly dismissed though, as a brief turn of the head served to reveal that the source of the hatred was attempting to unleash it on the enemies. In fact, it seemed that most who didn't seem crippled by fear were attacking. Mind tricks

Edmond uses weld on the Dragon Tooth Archers: 2d6+INT=2d6+10 damage, and adds 3d6+10 damage to the next strike against them.

Liliya:

She hadn't seen the ostensibly magical woman in her premonitions. The question was though, was this due to some trick, or simply because she had not posed a current threat? She wasn't sure, but that was all wiped from her mind when the mist arrived. As soon as she felt it, she knew something was wrong. They had a traitor on their side, but who? It had to be the two with the cauldron! They had given the enemy a weapon more powerful than the woman claimed to be able to make! And--No, it didn't make sense. Liliya's thoughts had coincided with the arrival of the mist, and anyway, how could they have planned this? No one on the ship knew where they were going, or had been here before, right? If they had, why wouldn't they say it...unless they were themselves the traitor? "No, goddamnit! It has to be the mist talking..."

Liliya uses her basic attack on Warrior Horde A. 3d6+DEX=3d6+10, with a 10% chance to crit. If she would get hit this turn though, she sacrifices her attack in order to dodge. (Perk: See the Future)

Edited by Strider

Aurora 37/42; Goddess Mode

The fog did... fuck all, as it passed over Aurora. the Spydric Queen simply laughed- these sudden sluice of emotions were no different than what had always been in the back of her addled mind. What? did anyone there really think that after all the shit in her own world, she would've EVER trusted a bunch of self-destructive, god damn humans and adventurers as far as she could throw them? (which, by the way, was very far for most of them, but not the point)

Hell no. If anything, those of them who weren't monstrous either in form or in presence were merely a means to an end for her, a way to make hunting the interdimensional terrors they were after easier. And that job was not done yet, so there was no point trying to kill them now; she wasn't about to go and attempt such a feat as taking every eldritch abomination on her own, that right there was the very fucking definition of insanity.

And much to that same point, she once again fired off some starlight across the field, healing a few more of these fleshbags... if they died now, it would be more of a hinderance than a benefit to her in the long run.

Aurora uses Starsign Virgo ((Restore 1d4+12 HP on up to two targets, Cure 1 ailment on each)) on Samantha and Hiroki. She also Regens 10% of her mHP((4)) after she acts due to the perk "Arachni Blood"

Tama Vajra 

Tama snorted at the attempt at corruption as the mist rolled over. Please, this was nothing compared to what he had felt in past ages. He had started a fucking war over who among his race was truly the strongest and most worthy of ruling their world, forming and breaking alliances, going at the throats of old brothers in arms. Observing, calculating who could be trusted most and for how long until they too turned for their own goals. This attempt to goad him into attacking something currently on his own side was... laughable at best, after all those centuries he had spent on that conflict, and his perception of reality was far stronger than any mortal's ever would be. Rolling his eyes as the puppeteer of these damn skellingtons laughed and vanished, he again fired up another bolt at the archers, after the armored man had again weakened them.

He had to admit though, at least the two of them had a decent rhythm going here...even if the things still refused to die.

Tama Vajra uses, you guessed it folks: Storm Fury ((Full-powered basic attack [11d4 lightning-based], ignoring Res)) on the Dragontooth Archers again!

Empi Powderbelle

Most fairies had rather different mental structures than humans to begin with. It was why people called them the 'Fair Folk'; people didn't want to arouse the rage of fairies who could probably turn them into pretzels, rabbits or rabbit pretzels. Though the equipment was the same (and Empi was thankful- very, very  thankful- for that one), fairies of her world had rather different and odd minds. They weren't as bad as the succubi, though, thank Venus for that.

Quite literally in that case; Venus had taught the fairies more than lust.

For Empi, the mist's paranoia had a rather different side effect.

In a word, everyone looked even sexier to her now.

True, there was the whole danger and fear thing around them. Trouble was, Empi was into dangerous people. Into a lot of things, really. But dangerous people were, at least, fifth on the list of "People Empi Powderbelle Wants To Sleep With"; the top of that list being, of course, that hot guy who worked in Advertising back home. And right now, nearly everyone looked like that to her. Even Mitsu. Especially Mitsu.

Good lord, was Mitsu always this sexy? She didn't know she was this into that kind of girl. She was digging the whole 'dangerous black-haired woman' vibe she was giving off now, though. Really digging it.

The fairy wished she wasn't in public right now. Really, really wished she wasn't.

She starts drooling and making a rather lewd facial expression. The kind that, had it been illustrated, might get the thread locked in a heartbeat.

And then Laver had to snap her out of it.

Needless to say, Empi goes from lewd to pissed off in five seconds flat. She clenches her fists, a part of her mind still desperately trying to hold on to the fading wisps of lust.

"Wuhh......uh? Oh, fuck me! Come on! I was having a good time! First arrows and now THIS bullshit?! That's it!"

Talent Affection on Dackly (+5 Int instead of Str buff)

Actions: Petrify, Petrify, Schadenfreude

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sachi Honda

Fear.  Paranoia. Dread.

Sachi's mind almost shuts down from the pressure. Everyone was out to get her. Everyone. Edmond, Hikari, that slime girl, everyone. Nobody could be trusted. Absolutely nobody. Was this what fear felt like?

No, Sachi knew what fear was like. She felt it every day. Every single time she stepped into the Jukai. Every time she had to face the Vertex to defend humanity. 

Every time she woke up knowing her sister wasn't coming home to make everything better and she realised that the burden was on her.

This was nothing compared to that. Paranoia was as much as a stimulant as a paralytic. Loss was far better, far more crippling a fear. 

But this fear was magic, literally. Nothing like back home; the Vertex were scary, but the worst they did to you was shoot you with giant lasers and smash you with whatever appendages this had. Whatever this woman was doing to her, it was ruining her, turning her senses against her. Her will was trying to push against it, but she couldn't do it. Of course she couldn't, she was too weak and everyone else was staring at her and waiting for her to crack-

She couldn't do it.

She shut down.

"Sachi... please."

And Mio's voice rang clear through the fog of fear clouding the young Hero's mind. Sachi shuddered, feeling two arms on her shoulders, their touch comforting and caring. She knew it wasn't real; it was the mist, making her see things. Her sister was dead, deceased, gone; this mist was screwing with her senses-

"Now more than at any other point in this battle, we need to be helping each other."

This reminded her of the times she broke down in school; broke down because people made fun of them for being orphans, broke down because all the older boys and girls would humiliate her, broke down because she was useless useless useless-

And always, like clockwork, like the day would come and chase the night away, Mio would be at her side, comforting her, doing this, telling her that she needed to pick herself up, to be strong.

For her. For everyone. 

"Helping each other is what makes people work together, and even with this fog making me wary I can't bring myself not to help you."

The fog. Sachi had been lost in her memories long enough to forget where she was. The fog was here, but its effects were wearing away, the fear draining from her psyche. The Hero gazed up at the hands comforting her, looking up as the ghostly visage of her sister faded away-

"Don't you want to help people, too...?"

A young woman was shaking her to her senses, not Mio. Isobel, she'd overheard her name before but never spoken long to her. Sachi was still dazed from the mist, but she had recovered enough of herself to fight once more. She nods quickly to Isobel, pulling her shield back up and her spear to her side.

Right now, she needed to be strong. To protect others. To carry on.

As she had been for the last four years.

Cancel Tower Stance, Heroic Challenge on Warrior Horde B

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Memory was a strange thing to Melina. Sometimes it came to her like a light shining through a cave, illuminating dark corners she had searched her for years. Other times, it forced itself unto her, loud and screaming until her own voice was drowned in it all. But there were rare moments where she could catch glimpses of movement. A trace of its existence, an imprint of memory being there, but not quite formed.

Such a time came upon Melina when she saw the fog rolling towards her - it was so familiar, too familiar! But so foreign! Quite, but not quite. Wyvis ran towards Melina. She could dully hear him shouting caution, trying to pull her out of the fog's way. But her eyes couldn't tear itself away from memory's cold grasp.

Her body instinctively lifted itself up and summoned a shield; her own Phalanx, but larger than any spell she had ever seen before. Its translucent blue light covered the entirety of her vicinity, big enough to fit several houses, and fog burned away at the touch of the shield's intense luminosity. She watched from outside her own consciousness as the shield curved back over and formed a bubble, the fog rolling over the impenetrable magic. Wyvis simply watched in awe, stunned at the magnitude of power. There was some kind of recognition from Wyvis' eyes, like he had seen power like the kind, but whatever comment he had, it never left his tongue.

As soon as the fog passed, the shield dissipated into sparkles of light, leaving Melina to watch it all fall, stunned by the power.

"Melina - the shield - " Wyvis started, but stopped. It was too risky.

"I...don't know...."

"Very well, let us discuss it over back when this battle is won, shall we not?"

Melina felt uneasy for a bizarre reason, but simply nodded in response. "Sure thing. No-one ain't dyin' on my watch."

"That's the spirit!" Wyvis grinned, patting Melina on the back, a little harder than usual. "Let us move out and engage in jolly cooperation!" He gathered all the blood he accumulated and powered up the gold-eyed lady who seemed to be capable of dealing powerful strikes.

Wyvis (51/51 HP, 90/90 Blood)

[Power Bond + Crimson Power on Mitsu, increasing her DEX and RES by 14 for 2 turns and additional 4 RES for 1 turn]

Melina (83/83 HP)

[Phalanx on Leon. Summon a shield that has 21 HP and 4 RES, blocks first incoming attack.]

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Walmond

Walmond was, at first, surprised by the sudden appearance of the woman, raising an eyebrow in curiosity at her. But, before he could actually respond, the pink mist that he had initially worried about came over him. At first, he simply coughed, absentmindedly waving the mist away... At least, until a thought came to his mind.

Why was he even helping these people? There was no reason for him to, after all. For all he knew, they were murderers, thieves, scum of the earth. They could betray him at any moment, send a knife right through his back. What he SHOULD be doing was killing them, sending arcs of electricity down every one of their sorry excuses of-

And then, just as soon as those thoughts had come, Walmond had clamped down on them to stop them from going any further. Interesting how those thoughts came to his head, but not anything he should actually worry about. After all, Alexandria had explained the situation to him, and he knew that, even if someone wanted to kill him, they had more reason to keep him alive than dead due to the enemy they share. That, and even if he wanted to, there was almost no way Walmond could take them all on, even with Lambda.

... Then there was the strange, drakonic skeleton that had risen from the cauldron that his allies were dumping skeletons into, that had flown away not long after it was created. The sight caused Walmond's curiosity to rise, but thankfully, the scientist turns his attention back to the battle at hand, specifically, lifting his hand and snapping his finger towards the incoming skeletal warriors, a surge of electricity arcing towards them... This time not at any weapons, but the skeletons themselves.

Walmond uses Magic Burst, dealing (3d6+8) damage to Warrior Horde B, and forcing a constitution check. If the check is failed the enemy is paralyzed and has a 25% chance to fail an action.

Lambda

The two things that caught Lambda's attention was the woman on the hills, and the skeletal dragon rising from the cauldron. She completely ignored the mist that lingered around her, quickly disregarding it's potential threat. If it was poisonous, then Walmond would know how to deal with it.

Right now, she had to focus on the swarms of enemies still moving towards them. So, she began pumping more electricity into her CLAW sabers.

Lambda uses Electrical Charge, giving herself another (1d8+4) electric damage boost to her next attack. 2 turns left on Defensive Modification.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Nessie 49/51 HP, Monstrous Strength (2 attacks), Shadow Lash (1 attack), Holy Light (1 attack)

It had been a very long time since she'd used it. Nessie wasn't even sure it would still answer. But if ever there was a time to call its name and release its power, that time was now. She shut her eyes and raised her sword above her head. The energy that glowed within it expanded, the darkness and light forming a wreath of energy around her. The area around her glowed with light while being simultaneously cast into darkness. She stood still and charged more and more energy into her blade. She felt it ready. She took half a step back, flipped the glowing blade's point to the ground, opened her eyes, and shoved the tip of her sword into her stomach.

"EX...CALIBUR!" She cried with all her might as the mirrored sword pierced her gut.

A whirling beam of light and darkness exploded out of her back, tearing across the battlefield in a massive burst of energy. Her cloak billowed out above the beam, casting a flickering shadow over Nessie herself. After a short while, the beam began to die down. When it had faded completely, Nessie removed Excalibur from her stomach and the wound she had dealt herself closed itself. Her cloak fell back over her, covering her body once more. Finally, she turned around to observe the destruction she had caused.

Nessie uses Excalibur Reflect, Sword of Mirrored Victory [2(10d4+8) RES piercing damage that heals Nessie for 25% of damage dealt] on everything she can before she gets fiated

Shadow Lash and Holy Light wear off, Monstrous Strength has 1 attack left

As the mist flooded the battlefield Morgan felt something was off, when suddenly he was struck by a tide of memory that overpowered him.  The blink of an eye later and he was standing near the base of a large hill, he felt the crunch of basalt under his feet, and noticed the scent of a distant forest fire.  Surrounding him were friends and allies, some were exhausted, injured, nearly broken from the battle, and yet still alive, but most were nothing more than mindless husks in the enemy's attacking force, stripped of their consciousness, controlled, and used as weapons of war.

He looked to the top of the hill and saw it, an unnatural mass of twisting, writhing flesh and flanked by tendrils of black smoke.  The creature that start this war that killed so many.

Then he blinked and it was gone, the whole scene just vanished and he returned to the world of the waking.

He saw the additional skeletal creatures appear and so decided it was time to get to work again.

Morgan uses "Soul Mend" on Samantha, Empi, and Navin restoring 18 HP(Syn*2) each.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the mist engulfed Friedhold it took him a moment to notice anything but slowly he started hearing whispers, voices started surrounding him speaking in anger, sadness, and most of all pain.  Men, women, and children crying out and begging for mercy, for him to fix them, for an end to their misery.  As the mist died away so did the voices, but the experience left Friedhold shaken.

Friedhold uses "Winter Blast" on Warrior Horde B to try and increase damage dealt to them by 25% for the next 4 turns, extra damage is cold, costs 6 Eve(4/20).

Spoiler

Winter Blast: A blast of ice particles that freeze anything they touch.

Make a [Int] vs [Con] check, if the target fails they become chilled to the bone and take +25% damage for [Int]/2 turns, extra damage is cold, costs 6 Eve.

Ritsu managed through the fog, partially due her robotic nature, though she did have passing thoughts about exactly how trustworthy some of the individuals around her were. Nevertheless, once the mist passed, she found her target to be the beasts that had arrived.

Basic Attack on Beast Horde for (3d4+9+1d6) damage

Magna Sigyl (39/39 HP)

As the pink mist enveloped the battlefield, she could sense mistrust begin to fester within her. Magna scoffed at these idle thoughts, as with the exception of the people she's already revealed herself to, she hadn't opened up to trust the others. Magna's innate mental fortitude from being a grim reaper caused the effects of the mist to subside rather quickly. This was nothing compared to the man impaled by weaponry whom they had met before the group left the first world. Where the initial nightmares the man had caused her mind to completely shut itself off, the pink mist was only a minor nuisance.

Cast Reanimate the Dead on a Dragon Tooth Beast

----------------------------

Soryn Éclaire (60/60 HP) (Hemosphere, 17 HP, deals 12 damage upon breaking to the attacker)

Blood. Blood. Blood. The words repeated themselves within Soryn's head, urging him to feed on the living essence of those around him. His eyes turned bloodshot and his pupils narrowed, as his eyes darted about the battlefield. Tasty prey, ripe for the picking. He only had to go over and sink his fangs into one of them. Besides, what were they to him? He had only met them recently... surely it wouldn't make a difference if he had just decided to consume-

"How... foolish," he chastised himself. Since when did he become to weak? Was he just a fledgling vampire, succumbing to his primal instincts? No. Nonsense. He was a proud higher vampire. He was better than that. Despite the bloodlust rising within him, he decided to shield one of the others. He had not forgotten that some of them had restored some of his energy. So if he had urges to attack the others, then all he had to do was simply not attack.

The Blood Well is at (20/72) capacity!

Consume 25% of current health to cast Hemosphere [1.25(25% of current health(15))] on Hiroki, shielding her for 19 health, and dealing 13 [Original Barrier Health (19)/1.5] damage upon breaking to the attacker

Venus

Having expended his fourth shot with an admittedly not-as-satisfying reception, Venus tried to hasten his efforts in preparing his performance once again as more warriors arrive on the scene. 

Venus is incapable of taking any damaging actions this turn (Preparation), but casts Dance For Me onto Kino, reducing the cooldown of Death's Breath by one. 

Kino

Kino strikes the Archer Battalion with another Basic Attack. (2d4 damage + INT +INT/2 (rounded down), INT*2 chance to crit.)

Edited by Noir

Jade fires a round into the battalion of archers for [14] damage!

Hayle fully restores Dackly's health! You'd think a plant wouldn't be soothed by icy chill, but . . .

Solomon fills Dackly's mind with visions that are hopefully helpful and not of the maddening sort.

Atton yells at Dackly, which somehow makes her smarter.

Laver snaps Empi out of her. . . thoughts. 

Dackly petrifies the everliving shit out of the newly arrived Beasts, instantly turning sixteen of them into statues, the steel blue of their bones turning to a stone gray.

Gozer is stunned.

Bridgett shoots the archer battalion for [8] damage. 

Isobel relaxes Sachi, allowing her to move this turn!

Halley inhibits the movements of the remaining beasts with a blast from her gun.

Edmond welds the first group of archers for [12] damage! The next strike will deal [19] more damage.

Liliya slashes at one of the warriors for [9] damage. 

Aurora shines a holy light on Hiroki and Samantha, healing them for [14] health and removing a harmful status. 

Tama Vajra blasts the archers with lightning yet again for [53] damage! Two fall to ashes. 

Empi rather irritably places an affection charm on Dackly. 

Sachi offers forth a challenge to the newly arrived warriors! 

Wyvis offers Mitsurugi a massive power boost. 

Melina conjures a shield around the stunned Leon.

Walmond adds to the ongoing electrical lightshow for [6] damage. [Pass] The skeletons are not paralyzed. 

Lambda charges her blades. 

Nessie uses her seiba beamu! Destructive energy blasts out at all of the archers currently on the field, removing the rest of them from existence!

Morgan fully heals Samantha, Navin, and Empi!

Friedhold blasts the warrior horde with cold! [Fail] He successfully freezes them, increasing the damage they take by 25%.

Ritsu chainsaws more beasts for [16] damage. 

Magna reanimates one of the beasts to do her bidding.

Magnum does his best to drive the hell away from anything that seemed to be about to put some scratches in the paint. 

Venus reduces one of Kino's cooldowns.

Kino mostly focuses on not being incinerated by the sudden laser occupying the space her target once did.

Lexiel decides to one-up their foe and summons a dragon, ordering it to strike the warriors for [16] damage!

Samantha, likewise, does her best to not get seiba beamu'd out of existence.

Hiroki went deathly silent. Not that she tended to make a lot of noise in general, though being in a hulking suit of armor that dispensed death tended to increase her confidence somewhat. It was fortunate for her that her teammates couldn't see the mixture of abject terror and blind rage that contorted the girl's face. None of them think anything of me. I might as well not exist to them. All this work for nothing, no recognition, nobody cares about who I am. Fighting all of those people, coming all this way, but nobody cared. They're just going to mock me, tell me exactly what I am to them, and then throw me away. Why would they care . . . ? No. I'll give them a reason. They'll know who they're messing with. They'll regret this. They'll regret everything. I'll show them! The cannons on her mech heated up, the ominous glow of plasma leaking out of their ends as they swiveled toward Atton first. A light washed over her, breaking her out of the destructive process going on inside her mind. N-no, why would I. . . I've never actually hurt anyone before. They don't deserve it. They haven't even really done anything. . . She swung her guns out, pointing them in the general direction of the horde of sword-wielding skeletons, and let loose.

Hiroki's Curtain Fire inflicts [75] damage to the Warrior Horde, destroying one of the skeletons in the torrent of plasma. 

Mitsurugi shakes her head, clearing it of the unwelcome thoughts the mist had brought up. Her mind was a bit more resilient than that, and besides; if she were betrayed, she would either flee using her superior mobility and destroy them utterly with nature's wrath, or fail to do so and join the rest of her people. Now, however, she had these mortals to defend, and defend them she would, as she always had. 

Mitsurugi unleashes another Storm Sign, dealing [710!] damage to the Warrior Horde! Eighteen of the skeletons are blasted apart. 

Five of the warriors rush at Bridgett. She takes [24] damage. The remaining four of that group attack Navin for [25] damage. 

The ten remaining warriors of the second group attack Sachi for [35] damage.

The remaining beasts tear at Venus for [33] damage. 

Forty more Dragon Tooth Warriors arrive.

Twenty more Dragon Tooth Archers arrive.

Twenty more Dragon Tooth Beasts arrive. 

Status

Party Status:
1. Laver: Healthy
2. Dackly: +7 RES, +5 INT/RES (Ends after next turn), +11 INT (Ends after next turn), Affection (3/3)
3. Gozer: Stunned, 10 damage
4. Bridgett: Healthy, 24 damage
5. Jade: Harvest
6. Hayle: Healthy
7. Tama Vajra: +10 RES, +1 SYN
8. Aurora: 5 damage
9. Friedhold: Healthy
10. Morgan: Healthy
11. Lexiel: 5 Mana Bonds
12. Samantha: Harvest
13. Solomon: 5 damage
14. Venus: Healthy, 33 damage
15. Kino: Healthy
16. Enma: Gone
17. Wyvis: Healthy
18. Melina: Healthy
19. Isobel & LOTUS: Healthy
20. Navin: Healthy, 25 damage
21. Edmond: Healthy
22. Liliya: Healthy
23. Halley: Healthy
24. Lambda: 50% damage reduction, Electrical Charge x2
25: Walmond: Healthy
26. Hikari: Healthy
27. Victoria: Healthy
28. Nessie: Monstrous Strength, Shadow Lash, Holy Light
29. Ritsu: Healthy
30. Sachi: Healthy, 44 damage
31. Empi: Save the Date (2/3 remain)
32. Kagari: Tower Stance, singing Knight of Firmament (-4 to all enemy damage dealt)
33. Prei: Elemental Spears
34. Mitsurugi: +8 DEX, +14 DEX/RES (Ends after next turn), Save the Date (3/3 remain), +12 damage, +43 Bonus Damage
35. Hiroki: Hemosphere (19 HP), 4 damage
36. Magna: Healthy, Reanimated Dragon Tooth Beast
37. Soryn: Hemosphere (17 HP), 15 damage
38. Magnum: Healthy
39. Leon: Stunned, Phalanx (21), 10 damage

Enemy Status: 
Warrior Horde A(9): None 74 damage
Warrior Horde B(10): Taunted (Sachi), 809 damage, 25% extra damage taken (3 turns remain)
Beast Pack A (4): 480 Hatred Stacks, -3 STR/DEX/RES (2 turns remain), 16 damage
Warrior Battalion A (20): None
Warrior Battalion B (20): None
Archer Battalion (20): None
Beast Pack B (20): None

More skeletons approach. There will only be time for five actions before they do.