[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The War Room (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

LOTUS spoke, the tablet device moving his emoticon display to look up at the woman who had destroyed the skeletons, looks up. "We do have things to discuss indeed. I'm not particularly trusting of this entire situation now, but I'll just say that we're... not from around here. You talk about the human fortress, what's going on here? Where are we, and what is this greater war that appears to be going on? What side are you on?"

Navin clears his throat softly. "Ah, I have a question myself. My name is Navin Gopinath Mhasalkar, but the question I had for you is whether or not there are civilians involved in this war that we can protect. I would... see it as my duty to do so, I think."

Lexiel lands in the group, folding her wings delicately, before our rescuer begins talking,  "You need a mage?  I am Lexiel, accredited Nivmagus of the Izzet," She flashes her Izzet signet so it catches any light in the area, "There are other users of magic here, but few can claim to have been trained at such a prestigious institution, much less with a focus on summoning.  I'm always looking for a strong new partner to work with, but I will not make a contract with someone who I do not know.  Or to someone I cannot trust.  If your values do not sufficiently align with mine, I will not be able to make a contract with you.  My mana bonds would be as poison to your very essence.  I am Lexiel, the Successor, professional wizard cop, arcane researcher, and agent of Overwatch.  My cause is that of justice and learning, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and educate them that they may defend themselves in my absence.  Who are you, and why would you seek to join your strength to mine?"

"I'll answer everyone's questions once we get this taken care of; it's rather important. Izzet Lexiel, my name is Oda Nobunaga! Dairokuten Maou - Demon King in the language of you westerners, Unifier of the Land of the Rising Sun, and Archer-class Servant of this very unusual Holy Grail War! Well, the middle part was only mostly. And then the monkey took over! Anyway! I require your assistance because I am roughly sixty seconds away from ceasing to exist entirely! It's really quite problematic." Nobunaga nods. "I used up my remaining mana reserve to blow away those warriors. If that doesn't convince you that we're at least on the same side, then it cannot be helped!" The woman doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by this prospect.

Morgan was about to step up and speak, offering his own services as a mage to the woman when Lexiel managed to drop down no more than four feet in front of him and begin her own spiel.  He simply sighed and shook his head, visible from in front of Lexiel due to his height.  He raised an eyebrow in response to Nounaga's name.  He hadn't pay much attention in world history class but that name did strike a familiar bell.

He stepped around from behind Lexiel and asked "My name is Voidwalker Morgan Cassius, trained by the College of Spires, the seat of power in the Southern Mires of the world of Zauberwelt.  What exactly is this contract?"

Dackly suddenly whips out a rapier made of stone, and slashes through the charred beams of the ruin, and the Rubble of stones around it.

Gozer, meanwhile, ignites his flame further.

Dackly forms a Large Flatbed Truck out of stone by softening it, then smashing it with her giant club, and shoveling the Charred wood of the Ruins into the crackpot and Pouring it into a Gas Tank made of stone in the automaton, Finally, the Stone Vehicle Cracks, exploding into rubble, before reforming, A glowing Green fire wafts from cracks in the Truck's surface, and it has a large flatbed in the back.

Instead of wheels, Red Flames fire from crude thrusters in the bottom.  A single geomancy flame burns in the empty and open space where the engine would be, a pile of burning coals at the bottom.

Dackly hops in the Driver's Seat, while Gozer shifts his mass into the passenger's seat.

"Tell me when you guys are ready to go, This thing is running off of burnt wood, so no lollygagging."

"Hm.  You don't look like much of a demon or king," Lexiel mutters.  She fishes around in her Bag of Holding for a while, before coming up with a metal-bound scroll, which she quickly unrolls.  After checking the scroll over for damage, a quick process, she signs it, and pulls a few of her hairs out.  She places them in a box on the contract, where they stick.  "Sign here, and DNA sample here.  Hair, blood, whatever you like."  She offers Nobunaga a ballpoint pen and the open scroll.  "Be forewarned.  If we are not in sufficient alignment you are unlikely to survive what happens next."

Solomon shrugged his shoulders at the alternate universe Nobunaga's statement, and he found her speech about contracts to be rather odd...perhaps "she" was just a particularly odd free spirit who was presumably confused about the gender of a certain historical figure.

Either way Solomon did his best to reinforce the hovercraft's armor in the hopes that it would prevent them from them from getting horribly mauled to death by skeletal beasts in the next battle.

Nobunaga looks confused for a moment, then the grin from before spreads across her face. "This is new. Excellent! Quite frankly, this is likely a better means of sealing a contract than what I had to offer previously!" She takes the pen for a moment, looks at it with curiosity for a moment, and then signs her name on the paper: 織田信長. "And a. . . DNA sample, you said? If you say hair works, then very well, but I'll hold you to explaining what that is later." She plucks out one very long hair and places it in the box. "And besides, if this contract fails, it's not as if it will go any differently for me than if I had never attempted this at all." 

Empi floats behind Mitsu, her wings fluttering rapidly as she trails behind. She's noticeably irritated.

Sachi also trudges towards the safe place with everyone, noticeably quieter than usual- which should be impossible- and also nearly at the back of the group.

The moment Nobunaga completes her side of the contract, the scroll promptly rolls up and seals itself, the signet of the Azorius guild glowing faintly on its case.  An abrupt rush of power fills Nobunaga, like nothing she's experienced before.  The bustling spires of an island college overlooking a city that stretches from horizon to horizon, the quiet, fiery strength of a dormant volcano surrounded by an ocean of rainbow-tinted, chalky powder, the vast, sun-scorched expanses of a plain dotted with the shattered bodies of some sort of machine shaped in the facsimile of a man, this and many more fills the summon.  The unbridled power of the land itself, steadfast, endlessly variable, and inexhaustible flows into her from a dozen worlds, channeled through the Planeswalker she is now bound to.  With it comes impressions and emotions; of order, community, and the resolve to defend it, of curiosity, optimism, and lust for knowledge, of courage, glory, and a burning desire for freedom.  The power and sensation sweeps through Nobunaga before dying down to a simmer.  It is not contained.  That is likely impossible.  But it is controlled to an extent.  Banked and dormant until it is called upon.

A small twist of raw energy breaks free from the well of power and sweeps up to over Nobunaga's heart, where it imprints the symbol of Overwatch upon her clothes, in vibrant hues of red, blue, and white.  She would be (presumably) astonished to realize that this contract doesn't seem to be binding or restricting her mind and body in any way.  To do so would be an anathema to the magical essence of freedom and independence bubbling in her mana reserves like lava.  However, she can sense a provision for some sort of transportation effect.

"Excellent.  The contract seems to have taken, and you did not explode," Lexiel states cheerily, "Welcome to Overwatch, Oda Nobunaga, on a probationary status at least.  One agent cannot approve entry alone, and I will need to observe you before I can make a final judgement.  How do you feel?  I understand that the process can be intense for those who are unused to this school of magic."

[OOC:  Based on my understanding of Fate/Stay Night contracts with heroes, they always include Command Seals, these nifty little things that let summoners force their summons to do whatever they want 3 times.  However, Lexiel is using a non-standard contract, and binding someone's will like that is opposed to everything she stands for, so they don't manifest here.  Too much red mana for hard mind control.  However, Nobunaga does get the standard MtG 'teleport this summon to the summoner's location' feature, along with a huge infusion of raw, MtG style mana.]

Oda Nobunaga's character sheet has been added to the OOC.

Nobunaga shivers a bit - and does actually seem to expand and contract at the surge of magical energy. To a significant and possibly concerning degree. "Overwatch?" The woman frowned. "I really should have read that contract. Reading is important, you know, especially if the game master's trying to tell you something. Or if you're to be signed into a binding contract. Ah, well, it cannot be helped!" She stretches her arms and legs a bit, and then abruptly summons a rather worrying number of arquebuses, pointed at various members of the party, which proceed to cock themselves.

Before promptly vanishing. "I feel fantastic, yes! Though I won't be able to wipe away another group like that for. . . three days, at this rate? Possibly less. And there's this taste in the back of my mouth that I can't quite describe. Anyway! I was answering questions! 

Firstly! That mage was Assassin. Strange, I know, you would have thought she were a Caster. I have no idea if she has a territory set up anywhere; she'd need to have some sort of massive energy supply to field this many monsters at once.

Second! We can't lift that siege, because the enemy is infinite. Until Assassin and Caster are both destroyed entirely, they will continue to create and send minions at them. And you. 

Third! Civilians! Sadly, as far as I can tell, most of the ones that once lived here have been driven off or killed. There was a war here before that rift opened up and everything went even further south of plan! This time it wasn't my fault, I promise. However, there are other civilians in this world, and I doubt that the other Servants in their current states will stop after destroying that keep and seizing the leyline underneath it. 

As for the war. That particular explanation can wait! Mostly because we've spent far too long sitting here! As far as I can tell, that keep is your only chance for living until you can help me kill the rest of the Servants and end the war." 

Solomon attempted to consider Nobunaga's words seriously for a few moments before saying "So in essence there are two extremely powerful spirits looking forward to destroying the keep and taking the leyline for obviously nefarious purposes, and we're here to say fuck no and try to kill them somehow? Well can you tell us more about what the 'Assassin' and the 'Caster' are, and what you meant by 'helping me kill the other servants to end the war'? Like how many of them are there and stuff."

He stood there awkwardly for another few moments, a ridiculous looking man in golden armor standing on a book based hovercraft, before finally saying "Also...do you know of a different way to get to the keep? Or are we going to have to fight our way through it?".

"Can you give me a run-down of your capabilities?" Lexiel asks, "It would be helpful if we are to be working together in the future.  Additionally, I think we are missing some context that is in fact essential.  Since when was Assassin a title rather than a job?  And as I have little doubt you know, ending any war is a rather serious and complex endeavor.  Charging in with no intel, we are more likely to worsen the situation than improve it."  And also shoot politicians and level arcologies, but Lexiel doesn't say those points.

Well, if there was one thing that came out of the run, it was that Walmond finally got a bit of exercise after god knows how long. Problem was, by the time the rest of the group chose to stop at the ruins the woman, who revealed themselves as Nobunaga, told them to stop at, Walmond was basically nearly dead from exhaustion. In fact, when they finally stopped, Walmond simply went to the side of the group and leaned on one of the (still thankfully somewhat sturdy) walls for support, taking in deep breaths to simply not pass out. Sadly, aside from hearing Nobunaga's name, there wasn't much Walmond picked up from everyone's conversations with Nobunaga.

Lambda, however, because she was not dying from exhaustion, actually was able to make out what the others were talking about, wordlessly watching them as she took in the information for Walmond. The latter could always check her memories and get what he needed out, after all.

Edmond:

Edmond tileted himself into a landing, and carefully watched as the woman calling herself Nobunaga, made a few revelations. She was going to disappear in sixty seconds? And she needs a mage of some sort with Mana. Therefore, that must be a requirement for her to appear here. She called herself and Archer-Class servant, and the woman we met, she called Assassin. The gun thing implies that these class names either do not have to be exact, or that this world invented guns without bows. Somewhat unlikely? Can't be certain though... In any case, it would seem that both here are what she would call servants in...A "Holy Grail War"? Simply a large fight between servants over the Holy Grail? The question though, is that the grail is... "So, this is a large fight between servant's in order to obatin the goblet that was supposedly touched by the blood of Christ? Why, excluding the obvious historical significance of course? And..." Here she mentioned saving questions for once they were in the keep. Edmond therefore, quickly noted down four questions: What was the rift she had mentioned? What was the Holy Grail War about? What were Leylines? And, were there any other combatants besides Caster and Assassin?

"How do you propose we enter the keep? And," Edmont turned to Solomon in particular, "it was mentioned that questions can wait, since we're short on time..."

Liliya:

"Oda Nobunaga? That was some japanese historical person or something, right? But wasn't he a guy? Multiverses, I guess..." Liliya hopped off the platform of books when it descended, and stood quietly in the circle surrounding the girl, for the time being simply absorbing the conversation swirling around her. Plenty of magic talk, talk of a Holy Grail? And, they would be assaulting the keep. Liliya looked up. Can she see the fortress, or at least the enemies surrounding it from where she is? If so, what does the the fortress look like, and what do the enemies seem to be? Try to estimate the distance to the fortress if possible.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Edmond:

Edmond tileted himself into a landing, and carefully watched as the woman calling herself Nobunaga, made a few revelations. She was going to disappear in sixty seconds? And she needs a mage of some sort with Mana. Therefore, that must be a requirement for her to appear here. She called herself and Archer-Class servant, and the woman we met, she called Assassin. The gun thing implies that these class names either do not have to be exact, or that this world invented guns without bows. Somewhat unlikely? Can't be certain though... In any case, it would seem that both here are what she would call servants in...A "Holy Grail War"? Simply a large fight between servants over the Holy Grail? The question though, is that the grail is... "So, this is a large fight between servant's in order to obatin the goblet that was supposedly touched by the blood of Christ? Why, excluding the obvious historical significance of course? And..." Here she mentioned saving questions for once they were in the keep. Edmond therefore, quickly noted down four questions: What was the rift she had mentioned? What was the Holy Grail War about? What were Leylines? And, were there any other combatants besides Caster and Assassin?

"How do you propose we enter the keep? And," Edmont turned to Solomon in particular, "it was mentioned that questions can wait, since we're short on time..."

Liliya:

"Oda Nobunaga? That was some japanese historical person or something, right? But wasn't he a guy? Multiverses, I guess..." Liliya hopped off the platform of books when it descended, and stood quietly in the circle surrounding the girl, for the time being simply absorbing the conversation swirling around her. Plenty of magic talk, talk of a Holy Grail? And, they would be assaulting the keep. Liliya looked up. Can she see the fortress, or at least the enemies surrounding it from where she is? If so, what does the the fortress look like, and what do the enemies seem to be? Try to estimate the distance to the fortress if possible.

Solomon nodded towards Edmond and simply said "Fair point" in response.

He then walked out of his hovercraft to calmly state "Everyone who wants to not walk or travel inside of a highly armored vehicle, I recommend going into the snake lady's hovercraft simply because mine is made mostly out of..." He takes a random book from the vehicle he had been riding on, and looks at the words on its cover "Jane Austen novels again, just....Jesus Christ how many copies of Pride and Hydrochloride does the universe have?" He throws the book away somewhere behind him without looking at it, potentially almost hitting someone with it before it disappeared again....somewhere.

Either way he got almost all of the way inside of it before adding "Also seriously, are we just going to cross our fingers and try to clear our own path through the invading army you mentioned Nobu? Because that actually sounds plausible with this group.".

Atton

Atton quietly walked towards Dackly's hovercraft, and he attempted to use the flames underneath it to light a cigar. As he quietly had a nice smoke he asked the snake woman "You have a nice craft, it is a shame that I can't enter it actually, it's a bit too threatening and obvious for me to clamber into.".

Edited by Cronos5010

Dackly hears the word "Infinite" and starts slowly Chuckling.

"So you are telling me that no matter how many of them die, no matter what we do, aside from killing the source, they will just keep coming?"

"If that bitch really wants to throw away the win, sure, she can consider that a GOOD idea."

"When she arrived, she knocked over my Crackpot, which contained within it 66 of her skeletons, the liquid, when poured onto the battlefield, became a giant skeletal dragon.  She claimed it was beyond even her power to create such a thing."

"So what you are telling me is, We have an endless supply of the dumbest, most easily tricked enemies, who possess Draconic Essence of some kind within them, enough to easily fuel Alchemy of the Highest Caliber, or to grant me a supply of Statues and Earthen Emeralds to raise our strength even further?"

"I believe myself and Gozer can help with your caster problem, if we truly have a fortress waiting for us."

"As a Master in the Holy Grail War, you should already have full knowledge of what I can do. Like I told you before, I'll explain everything when we're in a secure location. The short version is that there are seven Heroic summoned into seven Servant vessels; their classes are Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker. Rider is already dead, I took care of him myself before I lost my previous Master."

She turns slightly to face the group as a whole. "Now, are you all ready to move out? That fort is under siege, and you're going to need to fight through without my help. One of their mages put up some sort of ward against Servants; this is about as far as I can go and still fight."

Edmond:

"I'm ready to move out. Do you have any advice, or knowledge of this world that will be useful in breaking through to the keep?" As Edmond asked this, he prepared to take off in the direction that the fort was indicated to be. A quick preflight check indicated that there didn't seem to be any problems caused by the previous battle.

Liliya

Liliya, again remaining mostly silent, nodded to express her assent, before hopping onto one of the assembled rides.

Walmond, thankfully managed to finally get enough energy to stand up straight, clearing his throat before speaking, "I am as ready as I can be" he said, noticing the Stone Truck. Silently, he thanked the... large Squirrel of various objects and the snake woman as he got on the flatbed and sat down, sighing in relief.

Lambda simply floated next to Walmond, setting her feet on the floor of the truck once her master sat down, hands folded in front of her as she patiently waited for the truck to begin moving.

"You would be correct" Walmond replied, glancing at the Squirrel construct, Gozer, "... By the way, forgive me for asking at this time, but... What ARE you, exactly? My world has no form of creatures, or perhaps constructs would be a more accurate term, like you."