[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The War Room (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Isobel looked around for a moment at the reinforcements, somewhat unsure, but LOTUS was in overdrive, his case actually whirring slightly as it cooled down while he thought everything out in a quick timespan, his electronic dot face's position darting this way and that on his screen.

"We do NOT have much time before these new enemies catch up to us, so I need these five people to act now, and in this way:

Isobel, take me over to the guy with brown hair, brown skin, who is tall as fuck and has a big sword, and I'm going to augment his efficiency.

Then I want him to use that healing ability he just used, but on the explosion-fist guy, the flashy chick shooting giant beams, and Venus, the guy who threw a bomb!

Blonde, cloak, ring, I want you to heal Sachi, who is the girl in the leotard with the flower brooch!

Stone elemental, you need to toughen up Mitsurugi, who is the chick that just blew everything up.

The guy who I advised earlier on efficiency, the shouting one, needs to do that too!

Now, for the first part of the plan, tall guy, if you want to use that heal again, I suggest..."

Isobel hurried towards Morgan and LOTUS explained for him a way to use his heal again immediately.

LOTUS uses Efficiency Analysis on Morgan!

((Here's the plan in more clear, OOC terms, as hashed out on the Discord: With these next four actions, in any order, to cover our bases defensively, Morgan should use Soul Mend on Navin, Bridgett, and Venus. Melina should use Sacrifice Heal on Sachi. Gozer and Atton should both use their respective RES buffs on Mitsurugi.))

Edited by Powder Miner

Wyvis stepped up, "It's alright, I'll handle this." Wyvis distributed a healing aura to Sachi, and started to prepare for another burst of power.

Things really did look rather grim. Skeletons seemed to be arriving very rapidly, and seemed to be very capable of whittling down the entire party and overwhelming them eventually.

It really would take a miracle to save them. 

[Wyvis uses Blood Heal on Sachi, healing 2d4+9 HP and increasing RES by 3 for 2 turns]

[OOC:  This should happen after our 5 reactive actions.]

Lexiel directs her Lightkeeper of Emeria to shine its lantern upon Gozer.  He seems to be somewhat neglected at the moment.  The holy light heals the golem for 12 HP (mana bonds x2).  Her aura pulses out, healing Aurora, Solomon, and Hiroki for 3 HP each.  Her angel and dragon summons continue to follow their respective orders, the former defending Lexiel and the latter attacking the warriors.  Finally, she summons 2 more goblins, and orders them to distract as many of the enemy as they can.

Samantha, meanwhile, decides that since people are focusing on protecting someone they're calling Mitsu, she should do the same.  The Phoenix avatar sprints to the other woman's side, and puts up her Deflector Shield, giving all incoming fire towards either of them a 40% miss chance with her telekinesis.

Edited by DragonRage

Walmond

The scientist watched as his electricity... Did little to nothing to the skeletons aside from being flashy. Perhaps it was his current distracted mind that was making it more difficult than normal to focus his magic. Nevertheless, there was still enemies, and distracted mindset or not, he still had to fight. And he did so, turning to the incoming skeleton warriors, sending another arc of electricity flying towards them.

Walmond uses another Magic Burst dealing (3d6+8) damage to Warrior Battalion B, and forcing a constitution check. If the check is failed the enemy is paralyzed and has a 25% chance to fail an action.

Lambda simply does MORE CHARGING, doing another Electrical Charge (1d8+4 more damage for reference). 1 turn left for Defensive Modifications.

(These I suppose will happen after the 5 action grace period)

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

LOTUS decreases one of Morgan's cooldowns.

Wyvis reinvigorates Sachi, healing her for [13] health.

Atton yells more advice at Mitsurugi, increasing her RES by 14. 

Morgan heals Navin, Bridgett, and Venus for 18 health.

The skeletons press in, the clattering of their bones combining into an almost deafening cacophony. Even more of them arrive over the hillside, already taking aim at the fliers in the party or surging down to crush the rest of them with sheer numbers. An entire battalion rushes at Mitsurugi, striking at her for [0] damage.

The second battalion starts to split up. Their charges toward Dackly and Tama Vajra are announced by musket fire, their blades falling toward each one of them for. . .

Wait, musket fire?

The skeletons headed toward the plant-gorgon and the ancient deity are blown off course, sparks spraying off of them where bullets struck them in legs and arms. Another figure appears over the hillside opposite the one the mysterious witch had come from, illuminated by firelight. A woman (or girl?) in a black military-esque uniform, with a scarlet cloak, long black hair, and a military hat with a large crest reminiscent of a rising sun, currently floating up into the air slightly. "Show your corpse to the three thousand realms. HEED MY THUNDEROUS ARRIVAL!" Hundreds of what appear to be. . . old muskets? Someone learned in these things might have recognized them as arquebuses - appear in midair around and behind her, and point themselves at the fighting below. "THIS IS THE DEMON LORD'S THREEFOLD VOLLEY!" Red-white lines blast out as the rolling thunder of all of them firing in sequence rings across the battlefield. The blasts strike the skeletons surrounding the party, and indeed every one of them in sight, multiple times, sweeping them away in a series of three bursts. 

As the group processes what just happened, the girl drops to the ground and runs up toward the party. "Well, don't just stand there! The human fortress is that way!" She's somewhat less intimidating up close, if only for the fact that she's about five feet tall. "There's a gap in their forces between there and here that opened up because of you dropping in here, we can talk on the way. Now go!" She pulls out a katana, shorter than many specimens, the back portion of the blade a red matching her clothing, and points at a gap between the hills. 

Dackly Hesitates, Then is swept up by Gozer, who initiates a Gozer Dozer, sucking up the Skeletal Statues in the process.

The rolling katamari of statues and stone is large enough to carry a few other people, due to the added mass of skeletal statues.

--

Laver Switches to Metal Sonic's Accord, Zooming off after them with his Jet-Enhanced weapon.

"Ooh, arquebuses," LOTUS remarks rather snarkily, "We've gone up a couple of centuries in technology. Next we'll have," dramatic pause. "Flintlocks." Isobel, meanwhile, doesn't need telling a second time, and while LOTUS snarks she is running to follow along -- but she pauses and turns around.. "Guess this is a lucky break, but does anyone need help getting out? I'll help you if you do!" LOTUS then analyzes this new arrival, scrutinizing little eyebrows popping up on his display. "Well, for obvious reasons I'll mark her as an ally for now, but I will be a little wary until i get some information."

Forcing himself through the memories of Mumbai had kicked Navin out of the trance that the mist had put him into, but he had been slowed down enough to receive multiple slashes across his body -- thankfully, that man Morgan had healed most of them, and the one slash across his back that did remain was not enough to truly hinder the man with the explosive punches as he began to move, staying around the middle of the pack as he did so so that noone was left behind. "We're in the middle of a greater war, then? I hope you do not feel offense if I ask about it later, when we're at this fortress!" he calls out to the woman with the arquebuses.

"Well, this is unexpected. Though not entirely unwelcome," Ritsu muses, warping closer to the indicated location. She keeps her weapon still running however, just in case the group has to deal with any unwelcome guests.

Magna had gotten distracted by a newcomer to the field. A new enemy? Immediately, the figure had opened up their arsenal of muskets and began to lay waste to the battlefield. Magna quickly hopped onto her skeletal beast and had it gallop away, for fear of being mistaken and caught up in the volley. The barrage of bullets had kicked up a storm of dust, providing ample cover for Magna to ride into. She circled around trying to regroup with everyone, as she heard the newcomer shout instructions. Someone who was ripped out of their own world, just as they had? Magna burst out of the cloud of dust, with two more skeletal beasts trailing in a triangle formation behind her. She reappeared before the group, acting all gallant.

"If anybody needs a ride, they're welcome to hop on," she gestured towards the two other skeletal beasts. Their jaws clattered in response, as they pawed impatiently at the ground. "Getting out of here seems like an excellent idea."

--------------------

Soryn openly scoffed at Magna's invitation, as if it were the most absurd idea she could have proposed. He sheathed his sword back into his scabbard, and released the blood well back into nonexistence. He would much rather run on his own two feet, than have to associate with more undead. Soryn spent no time in following after the others, towards the suggested human fort. Certainly anywhere is better than here. He began sprinting away at superhuman speeds, leaving the majority of the group behind.

Of course, just as the electricity Walmond sent out neared his targets, a burst of gun fire had arrived out of nowhere, wiping away the very skeletons he was aiming for. Soon after a voice had rang out, followed by a woman flying into the fight, causing hundreds of arquebuses, something he recognized from his research of fire arms long ago, to appear shortly after a little speech to open fire on their current opponents. Strangely though, the one thing that got Walmond's attention was the fact that this woman had managed to summon all of those arquebus in barely anytime at all. Of course that, was quickly followed by another curiosity when the woman informed them of a human fortress nearby. Since it became clear the rest of the group was keen on getting out, Walmond had no reason to say otherwise. After all, it seemed like a never ending torrent of skeletons. Eventually they would be swarmed and killed.

With that though, Walmond simply turned to where the woman had pointed, "Lambda, we're moving" he said needlessly, then began to run with the rest of the group. He wasn't the best runner, that was for sure, but he would likely be able to keep up with the others.

Lambda, when Walmond informed her that they were leaving, suddenly flew back from the battle, joining Walmond's side and simply floated next to him, perfectly keeping his speed as he arms shifted back into their normal appearance... Along with her CLAW sabers suddenly snapping out of her arms, electricity crackling on their surfaces.

Solomon

Solomon didn't comment about the strange lady or the ridiculously outdated guns, he just assumed that this was "modern day" Japan and that the people who rescued them were playing some weird Japanese game show.

He started to form a more spacious than usual platform made out of floating books, and waved at the remainder of the group before getting on it and shouting "First chopper out of the active combat zone is about to leave towards the supposed human fortress soon, would absolutely anyone want to sit instead of walk? This baby can hover or just plain fly".

Atton

Atton had World War 2 flashbacks, it took a considerable amount of his strength of will to try and trust the woman brandishing a katana, and it took another ounce of it to start marching towards the supposed "Human Fortress", but in all fairness she wasn't shooting their ridiculous gonnes at him or any of the people he wants to protect, and to be brutally honest Atton didn't really care about any other details, he just said the words "Good work men! I'll meet you all at the human fortress then" before heading there with some hopefully much better armed and armored people.

Edited by Cronos5010

Edmond:

Being still in the mindset of "trust no one", Edmond captured a few seconds of footage of this new arrival, but, in accordance with the wishes of the person who was rescuing them, launched himself into the air in the direction she had indicated.

Liliya:

"God, what is going on here?" She muttered. It seemed though, that one of the team was offering a ride? Huh. Liliya quickly climbed onto the platform of books, waiting for it to take off.

Friedhold would take Solomon up on his offer of a ride while Morgan would walk keeping pace with the majority of the group, blinking forward to keep up if need be.

Edited by StormLord

Hikari had her own ride - she summoned the wyvern-jetbike and hopped on. "I think I can get one other person on this, if the others are out of space." she notes. She thinks for a minute. "Three if one of them has a very strong grip."

Victoria doesn't particularly need a ride, her magic ensuring she's plenty fast on her own. She goes in the direction everyone else is going. 

Lexiel follows cautiously from the air, watching the area for ambushes and incoming air assets.  She also tries to spot the 'human fortress', to see if there's an actual safe haven, or a trap waiting for us.

Samantha, on the other hand, takes one of the offered rides.  She can't fly without her Phoenix Corona, and using that to move is utterly impractical.

Hiroki, still feeling a bit paranoid, decides to remain inside her suit of walking death rather than expose herself to stray arrows. She builds her Hellfire Mantle, and then blasts it backward; as it turns out, the Knight had a fairly appreciable top speed despite lacking somewhat in acceleration and general maneuverability. She rocketed forward like a somewhat small, angry meteor. Mitsurugi, for her part, flew along close to the ground, skimming the patchy, well-trodden grass. 

Lexiel thinks she can see lights of the non-bonfire variety over another set of hills and some distance away, but it's difficult to make out at this distance. Plus the ever-looming threat of being riddled with arrows tends to keep one at a lower altitude than they might fly otherwise.

"Stop in this ruin ahead! There's more forces around the keep itself." The ruin in question was gutted, evidently set aflame at one point. Its charred timbers still outlined the frame of what was once a good-sized building; perhaps a mead hall? It was difficult to tell. "We have several things to discuss - like that cauldron! That was amazing! Just imagine what I could do with something that could melt down and reassemble concepts with so little effort!" A grin that was equal parts gleeful and somewhat sinister appeared on her face; an impression probably not helped by her eyes, which were the same color as her cape. 

Meanwhile. . .

Those still in the castle come to. The landing had been rough, very rough, and it was a fortune they were all mostly unharmed - and that whatever technology and magic had created the castle had held under the abuse that the vehicle suffered. The air near the drawbridge, as well as the smaller entrance the group had used to enter the place in the first place, seemed to shimmer and warp slightly. 

All characters currently in the castle may post in the castle threads, and move freely between them, but may not exit the castle. 

The ever-increasing number of monsters was beginning to scare Halley, but then a flying gun-totting woman appeared out of nowhere and smashed a giant crack in the monsters' ranks, leaving Halley absolutely baffled and wordless.

She accepted Solomon's offer and took a ride on the book-copter.

"It is a very simple enchantment I picked up on my travels." 

Dackly Comments.  Turning it around, The lady would see a glowing sigil, a floating rune above it's surface.

"It is not nearly as powerful as the Fusion sigil, nor as flexible as raw Alchemy, but It is very versatile."

"As soon as we get to this Human Fortress, you can see it in action for yourself."

"I have a threat to make with it, after all, to that bitch that stole the Dragon I made."

Dackly's face looks rather nasty as she thrusts a knifehand into a chunk of wall in the keep, ripping out a rock which she turns to putty in her hands.

She eventually connives her way into a stone bottle, filled with some sort of pink liquid...

Gozer might look worried if he weren't a pile of stones, or worried, for that matter.  Instead, he lifts 5 of the statues in a psychic grip, and crushes them into glittering green emeralds, about the size of a fingernail each.  The gems are immersed in his Earthen Flame, which burns brighter.

Piles of rubble from around quickly slurp into his form, along with soil, until he looks like a Giant Squirrel made of rocks and dirt, with a flowing green flame where his head would be.

"I am still capable of that.  Cool."  He comments Dryly, louder than he used to be, with his new size.

Edited by Hal Henderics

The book based hovercraft rode off down the gap to chase after Lexiel, Mitsu and everyone else who seemed to know where they were going in an inappropriate display of holistic driving.

He didn't really have anything to say to the mad scientist or the woman with a knife other than the standard "So I don't think that I have managed to catch any of your names, well either way my name is Solomon, this has been a very pleasant day hasn't it?".

He pretended not to notice Halley getting on his vehicle, although she would find that any seat she tried to sit on would suddenly be composed of ever so slightly more thin and comfortable light novels.

Solomon's magical hovercraft ride ended in front of what is apparently a ruin. A part of him was disappointed about having to stop in front of such a depressing place, but he admitted that was probably better than charging out of a battle just to stumble into another one.

"So is there anything we can do to help with that problem? And do you know who that mage was? It might be a good idea to know where she lives as well, we might want to send her a receipt for the dragon we made for her...."

Atton doesn't comment on anything, as he was too busy resisting the urge to charge at the keep and start shooting at the enemy.

Edited by Cronos5010

"I see, I see, yes. . . I'm not a mage myself, but if I had one. . . Is there a way for you to record that spell for me?" Abruptly, she claps her hands. "Speaking of! Is anyone here a qualified magus? I need the services of one immediately! If you could just make a contract with me right now, that would work into my plans excellently!" 

"Nice... shelter you got here," Halley hopped down the light novels and looked at the charred debris. All the charcoal could be plenty of rudimentary fuel, though not the kind she really needed.

"Are you sure that we're not going to lift the siege on the human fortress first? I mean, with all of your fancy fireworks, it'd probably just take a few minutes tops," Halley asked, doubting the woman's priorities. She had more concerns about the safety of the ruins as well, as the skeletons did just watch them as they fled into the ruins.

... And they might be marching toward them as they spent their time here.

Bridgett heard the word magus and looked  up from where she was sitting at to see that it came form the strange woman who saved them. 

"umm.....I'm a mage well maybe not the same kind you talking about.....but if i can help i will...." she said while looking down to the ground.