Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

Just now, Alex said:

Access to Intimidate with 90/95/95 bulk and 115 attack and a reliable STAB in darkest lariat and Bulk Up from Move relearner.

Guess it sucks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Lol, it's 95/90/90. Also 95/90/90 is average bulk at best. And investing fully in it would mean giving up any power your darkness lariat once had. Sure you can invest specially, and run bulk up or something, but average bulk is still average, and you'd be dead before you can set up anything of worth. So yeah. Also, I said it's bad. And bad=/=sucks. Bad is something like normal pidgeot. sucks is something like caterpie. You can buy the pokemon community dictionary for 9.99 on amazon. and for limited time only, buy one get one free. But yeah, the only really good thing about incineroar is it's coverage which is really cool. Unfortunately, it doesn't get to make use of it offensively with 60 speed. You can't be defensive and destroy the team with coverage because Incineroar has no recovery and once again 95/90/90 bulk is only average, and you will die within the first two mons beating you down. Incineroar is a cool pokemon, and maybe my own bias is what's stopping me from seeing it's potential (I hate big fire wrestler cats because it seems so uninspired at this point), but uh, yeah. But if it helps, Incineroar doesn't suck? It's just not good, and at best I'd make it average because of the factors I mentioned. Now I'm SURE there are ways to make Incineroar work. 252 atk and hp with 0 speed ivs and a brave nature would presumably be good. But then the problem with that is, it invalidates the coverage it has. So, maybe a better option would be LO. Scarf is always an option.  My favorite set is a support set 252 hp 252 special defense, with

careful. U turn, Will o wisp, fake out, and darkest lariat. I don't use incineroar much, but when I do I use that and it's somewhat successful. You could also run a special nasty plot set. Dark pulse, flamethrower, focus blast, nasty plot. I don't hate the mon or anything. It's just not great. I hope that helps distinguish my stance on this cat.

TL;DR: because the spoiler is a clusterfuck is words, i'm just going to say incineroar is a good mon who's potential is wasted on it's stats and leave it at that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't think Incineroar is that bad from a competitive standpoint, Fire/Dark is pretty great STAB coverage and it gets access to U-turn and Cross Chop for a decent niche CB set. That's at least better than Decidueye which imo is pure trash, idk why people even use it in UU its so bad and is utterly outclassed in any role it wants to fulfill. It's really only viable due to its Z-move. Incineroar is at least an interesting alternative to Entei with access to U-turn to grab momentum on switches.

Edited by LordWallace

The biggest problem I had with incineroar eas it either too little bulk or too little speed. I really wished they moved some of that special attack too there. Also rellying on fire fang is also meh. This is the reason why in my sun run it was so meh. What made it dissapointing was that torracat showed a lot more potential. Good speed, high damage and a decent/good stab. Then it evolved and its fire moves stagnated hindering is damage and it got even SLOWER.

• Global Mods

About half a week ago I had a Rejuvenation dream. The Dragon leader was fighting the Fairy leader. Both of their clothes and bodies were completely green. The Dragon leader was a guy with a beard and the Fairy leader was supposedly a king and rightful heir to the Fairy leader position. But he was easily defeated by the Dragon leader and then exposed as a false king. The scene changed to Tesla, who in this dream was a Gym Leader instead of Elite 8. She was talking to herself about how she shouldn't have made "that deal" with Spacea and Tiempa. The scene changed again. I was running around in the streets yelling "THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL!" to people, who all nodded and laughed. The scene changed again. I was battling an extraterrestrial politician who the false king/Fairy leader was in the pocket of. There were several stages to the fight, each getting more intense in scale. I remember the second last phase he turned into Rayquaza and shot asteroids and we were in the sky, and in the final stage he was a giant spaceship and we fought in space. 

38 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

About half a week ago I had a Rejuvenation dream. The Dragon leader was fighting the Fairy leader. Both of their clothes and bodies were completely green. The Dragon leader was a guy with a beard and the Fairy leader was supposedly a king and rightful heir to the Fairy leader position. But he was easily defeated by the Dragon leader and then exposed as a false king. The scene changed to Tesla, who in this dream was a Gym Leader instead of Elite 8. She was talking to herself about how she shouldn't have made "that deal" with Spacea and Tiempa. The scene changed again. I was running around in the streets yelling "THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL!" to people, who all nodded and laughed. The scene changed again. I was battling an extraterrestrial politician who the false king/Fairy leader was in the pocket of. There were several stages to the fight, each getting more intense in scale. I remember the second last phase he turned into Rayquaza and shot asteroids and we were in the sky, and in the final stage he was a giant spaceship and we fought in space. 

Hm. Don't know what you took but i want some !

More seriously, I find this pretty interesting, especially the part with the Fairy and Dragon leaders (not the body color, but the fact that the fairy leader is passed from generation to generation, but in fact not...). Also the 'deal' with Tesla is kinda interpelling... don't know why.

Edited by Siragon

I like Primarina :P great stats, great typing, great movepool.
The only thing that bothers me is that 75% male. Should be 75% female in my opinion

Edited by DeathBoo

12 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

The only thing that bothers me is that 75% male. Should be 75% female in my opinion

Isn't it 87.5% male, like all starters?  While it's annoying for breeding purposes, like always, they shouldn't change an archetype just because it looks feminine.   It's not as bad as people asking for a gender different Mr. Mime, just because they don't know it's a translation error/early flub oversite (since genders weren't a mechanic yet).

Either way, still my favorite Gen 7 starter, because of Fairy type.

1 hour ago, DeathBoo said:

My favorite gen 7 starter as well ^^ And like said before, yeah, it's worse than 75% but it won't retain me to soft-reset to get a shiny female on my future run ! It's probably gonna take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but i WILL have my Ariel ! '^'

1 hour ago, Siragon said:

My favorite gen 7 starter as well ^^ And like said before, yeah, it's worse than 75% but it won't retain me to soft-reset to get a shiny female on my future run ! It's probably gonna take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but i WILL have my Ariel ! '^'

not that long tho. I got 5 female Torchic, in, a, row, trying to get one with good IV

3 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

not that long tho. I got 5 female Torchic, in, a, row, trying to get one with good IV

Yeah, if i just wanted a female, it would be pretty short. The thing is i want a SHINY female. It will probably take more time

Edited by Siragon

40 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Yeah, if i just wanted a female, it would be pretty short. The thing is i want a SHINY female. It will probably take more time

Dude... Just be happy with a normal one, you know how long did i F12 until i got my ralts? atleast 4 days. 4. days. F12ing the game for almost 7 hours each. 28 hours of my life wasted.

11 hours ago, DeathBoo said:

Dude... Just be happy with a normal one, you know how long did i F12 until i got my ralts? atleast 4 days. 4. days. F12ing the game for almost 7 hours each. 28 hours of my life wasted.

Ho, don't worry about it, i'm okay with that. I will take the time needed, how long it could be. I have plenty of patience. But it's kind of you to warn me ^^

Edited by Siragon

24 minutes ago, ChrySo said:

Aaaaaaah I'm bored , I explored every tile on this version.Feed me with the next oneeeeeeee.

Jan has said that June 2-4 is the estimated release date. So until then, you just have to be patient.

I imagine Jan appreciates the hype as Ep. 9 approaches completion. That said, please keep posts in this thread on-topic and pertaining to Rejuvenation; needless posts will be warned and hidden.

Hmm... I have been thinking... If the gym leader we face in this version isn't Talon, then maybe the "Gym Battle" in this version will be a rematch against Melia? Since she's supposed to be replacing that leader and we got the Normal-type badge from Marianette under... Less than believable circumstances. Maybe she'll notice it, say "Hey! I never gave you that badge!" and set everything up for a battle to make it legal. I dunno, that idea came to me in the shower lol

I'd Be disappointed if Version 9 didn't have some subtle politcal commentary. But that's just me.

3 hours ago, Damsel said:

Hmm... I have been thinking... If the gym leader we face in this version isn't Talon, then maybe the "Gym Battle" in this version will be a rematch against Melia? Since she's supposed to be replacing that leader and we got the Normal-type badge from Marianette under... Less than believable circumstances. Maybe she'll notice it, say "Hey! I never gave you that badge!" and set everything up for a battle to make it legal. I dunno, that idea came to me in the shower lol

I doubt it's Melia. I think it would be Talon, actually. 

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Can you at least tell us if their is some subtle political commentary in Version 9?

The question remains: Does Venam Veronica is gay?

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

The question remains: Does Venam Veronica is gay?

I prefer to think that this game follows the "Everyone is Bi" trope.

Also, uhh... "Does Venam Veronica is gay?" Is it a joke? Because I don't get it.

Edit: Oh... Engrish. Bruno Mars. I still don't get what's funny about it. Not as Funny as Impossibru or Shamefur Dispray.

Edited by ShadeStrider