Version 8 - Bug reporting thread

Zumi

• Developers

I'm pretty sure this is a bug unless it was nerfed for this game but I just used thrash on my urasing in a double battle and it gets confused after one turn every time

If you were on the Volcanic Top field, then this is intentional.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah it doesn't say anything about that in the field effect manual

If you were on the Volcanic Top field, then this is intentional.

However I did find an actual bug. I switched pokemon and the enemy used sucker punch. An error code appeared on screen and I unfortunately didnt get a picture of it. But after the error closed using sucker punch did nothing.

• Veterans

tumblr_ob4za4TmHp1sl1y51o1_540.png

Going through here ^ doesnt make me teleport to the room next to it (the middle room), but the room on the far right instead (Gearen news hq)

tumblr_ob4za4TmHp1sl1y51o2_540.png

Edited by Firefairyrubina

After i beat crawli, him and aelita are battling while he talks about angie's flyer. Then, when i encounter aelita when leaving, and gwet outside. melia isnt outside of the gym. i dont know if i can even advence in the game anymore.

• Developers

After i beat crawli, him and aelita are battling while he talks about angie's flyer. Then, when i encounter aelita when leaving, and gwet outside. melia isnt outside of the gym. i dont know if i can even advence in the game anymore.

Did you update the game in between of a story arc? (In between badges)

• Global Mods

Route 3 boulders (going up from Kugearen City) won't move while using Strength. There is a cave in that Route 3 that I need to move the boulders to get access.

It's mentioned after getting Strength that some areas blocked by strength boulders are accessible and some aren't.

WYNB3cz.png

After talking to Venam, I tried to quicksave before entering the door. The game only lets me save now. I can't move or anything like that.

Edited by SkyDeity

There was three instances of TM48 (Round). The amount has decreased by one in V8.1. That makes two. There's still a copy.

I picked up one on Route 4, now picked up this one.

XNbNuc3.png

Also, TM45 (Attract) has disappeared from Route 4, if my older saves are anything to go by. I swear it used to be there... Or am I going insane now?

I hope you didn't intentionally axe it or something, because if it was, then... wew devs you are savage

PS. I think you forgot to set Good Rod encounters for Goldenwood Cave. i've been using it for a while, and I've always got "Not even a nibble." while Old Rod has gotten other messages.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

Pokédex doesn't properly work for Terajuma Island. I've just fished a Carvanha, but Pokédex says 'Area Unknown'. According to CyberNav, the Island is south of the mainland.

While you view the Dex, it shows mainland regardless whether you are. Does it have to something to do with the fact that I've already did that part of the game in previous versions?

Also, Sweet Scent brings up 'but there is nothing here' message for pond on Route 4, and Rods seem to not work, either. Is that intentional?

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

I get stuck infinitely bumping into Mosely when I go to the lost camp and the cutscene starts which forces me to load my last save every time. Also I applaud myself for getting stuck through the secret shore softlock despite reading the buglist beforehand.

Edited by eggthief

So I'm unsure if this is an Essentials issue or even remotely fixable, but Parental Bond(See: the Demon Galvantula fight) does not work with spread moves. Quote Bulbapedia: If a move could hit multiple targets (including allies), such as Earthquake and Rock Slide, it will not strike twice; however, if it can only hit a single Pokémon, such as in a Single Battle or if using a move that can hit multiple targets when only one target is in range, it will strike twice. If a move could hit multiple Pokémon but only hits one due to missing the other Pokémon, it will only strike once.

Electroweb is a spread move, so it should fall under this rule. Perhaps this has been noted and has been looked into and deemed unfixable(Bless you Pokemon Essentials), so if so, oops my bad.

Hmmm... so I looked at the bug list and I believe this one isn't listed. I am back on the ship and I'm supposed to speak to the captain to have him bring me back to Gearen City. His dialogue is acting as if I haven't even arrived at the jungle island yet. So I can't progress the story.

Also at the help desk after getting my pokemon back from the Anti-Help Team the rewards woman at the desk tries to give me an item or prize but doesn't give me anything. She just says the same dialogue over and over again.

So at a certain point when doing the help center requests in Kristiline Town you get the hint to go back to Narcissa's Gym (for the tower) from Prof. Jenkel. However when I go back there and try to read the statue Narcissa will still tell me not to read it and I can't advance. I still need to beat Amber, can't remember at what point I did this part in previous versions but in its current state the hint from the professor comes a little too early I think.

i dont know if this counts as a V8 Bug but when ever i try and load my save file it doesnt work, but my other save file works, its saying [TypeError, "incompatible marshal file format (cant be read)\n\tformat version 4.8 required; 0.0 given", ["Section056:2124:in 'oldload"", "Section056:2124:in'load'"", "section134:55:in 'pbSetUpSystem"" , "Section134:54:54:in 'open"", "Section134:54:in 'pbSetUpSystem"", "Section134:150"]] I would of put a picture up but i honestly dont know how, all i did was save my game and closed my laptop, came back on and it started saying it, any help would be great thanks