Version 8 - Bug reporting thread

Zumi

• Veterans

I choose Florin (when asked to split up) and his trback sprite didn't appear when we batled the bladestar grunts.

Idk if its intentional or not but imma post it anyway.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont know if this counts as a V8 Bug but when ever i try and load my save file it doesnt work, but my other save file works, its saying [TypeError, "incompatible marshal file format (cant be read)\n\tformat version 4.8 required; 0.0 given", ["Section056:2124:in 'oldload"", "Section056:2124:in'load'"", "section134:55:in 'pbSetUpSystem"" , "Section134:54:54:in 'open"", "Section134:54:in 'pbSetUpSystem"", "Section134:150"]] I would of put a picture up but i honestly dont know how, all i did was save my game and closed my laptop, came back on and it started saying it, any help would be great thanks

your save file got corrupted, to fix this use your back up save files -> you should have save backups in here (they are named number - Player name - badges) C:\users\username\saved games\pokemon rejuvenation to make them work just rename one of the file to Game.rxdata

sometimes you have to use multiple backups to make it work

http://puu.sh/qqdyE/2279bfc256.jpg can't reach this ;-;. yellow bridge on route 2 is buggy when u surf on it. when you are at blacksteeple castle and are at the part where you have to hide the laser, after they call everyone in through the speaker there is still one dude who has not vacated the premises. when you first encounter melia in the game, if you step on the tile at the door from the side instead of the front it freezes the game. the move spit up only deals 1 hp http://puu.sh/qqjvv/9758524383.jpg you still need to fix the totodile quest text (yes im on 8.1). i think magnemite's level up learn set isn't up to date so should probably check that. since there isn't anybody guarding goldenwood forest after the team xen attack, some of the npc's text of the forest 'just opening' doesn't really make sense since i was able to access it right after i teleported to gearan lab, but i don't know if this is the case or not depending on if you beat the gyarados the first time rather than the second but whatever. there are no wild encounters in akuwa town. route 11 and sheridan wetlands/secret shore don't appear on the pokegear map. when you traverse terajuma jungle for the first time, you can skip the carnivine dimensional rift event by just surfing across the river instead of walking across the bridge so i'd suggest having the character automatically walk across the bridge when they step on tiles that border the river. some gym leaders don't have the 'yo, champ in the making ...' guy which makes sense considering how the storyline goes, but having an advisor of some sort before every gym battle would generally be more helpful. is there anyway to get spice powder anymore? i know waking up vileplume isn't an integral part of progressing through the jungle anymore but having them around even though you can't wake them up seems pointless. rambling at this point so think i'll stop.

Edited by bloo123

Yeah, so after fighting Rorim B. and traveling to the secret shore, I went back to the mainland to get the exp share that I forgot about, and when I went to return to Terajuma, Augustus wasn't at Oceana pier. Kinda sorta sucks. Not sure if this is a bug, or there is another way to get back to Terajuma and I'm just dumb, but hey.

• Developers

http://puu.sh/qqdyE/2279bfc256.jpg can't reach this ;-;. yellow bridge on route 2 is buggy when u surf on it. when you are at blacksteeple castle and are at the part where you have to hide the laser, after they call everyone in through the speaker there is still one dude who has not vacated the premises. when you first encounter melia in the game, if you step on the tile at the door from the side instead of the front it freezes the game. the move spit up only deals 1 hp dmg. http://puu.sh/qqjvv/9758524383.jpg you still need to fix the totodile quest text (yes im on 8.1). i think magnemite's level up learn set isn't up to date so should probably check that. since there isn't anybody guarding goldenwood forest after the team xen attack, some of the npc's text of the forest 'just opening' doesn't really make sense since i was able to access it right after i teleported to gearan lab, but i don't know if this is the case or not depending on if you beat the gyarados the first time rather than the second but whatever. there are no wild encounters in akuwa town. route 11 and sheridan wetlands/secret shore don't appear on the pokegear map. when you traverse terajuma jungle for the first time, you can skip the carnivine dimensional rift event by just surfing across the river instead of walking across the bridge so i'd suggest having the character automatically walk across the bridge when they step on tiles that border the river. some gym leaders don't have the 'yo, champ in the making ...' guy which makes sense considering how the storyline goes, but having an advisor of some sort before every gym battle would generally be more helpful. is there anyway to get spice powder anymore? i know waking up vileplume isn't an integral part of progressing through the jungle anymore but having them around even though you can't wake them up seems pointless. rambling at this point so think i'll stop.

Logged, but... next time would you write in bullet point form? This was pretty wordy.

Yeah, so after fighting Rorim B. and traveling to the secret shore, I went back to the mainland to get the exp share that I forgot about, and when I went to return to Terajuma, Augustus wasn't at Oceana pier. Kinda sorta sucks. Not sure if this is a bug, or there is another way to get back to Terajuma and I'm just dumb, but hey.

This is reported already.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but one of the card pieces is missing in the ???? quest from the help desk. Its supposed to be in the last room in the upper corner but its not there. Was it moved intentionally or is it missing? Its the inkay quest I believe. People have posted that the piece should be in the final room of the underground base there. I've looked and I'm saved in that room. Its not there. Someone else mentioned in another subject.

Edited by Calogero_Noir

• Developers

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but one of the card pieces is missing in the ???? quest from the help desk. Its supposed to be in the last room in the upper corner but its not there. Was it moved intentionally or is it missing? Its the inkay quest I believe. People have posted that the piece should be in the final room of the underground base there. I've looked and I'm saved in that room. Its not there. Someone else mentioned in another subject.

The key shard was moved.

Not sure if this bug is already known, but when using Hidden Power with a Protean pokemon like Greninja, it just changes the typing to Normal which is impossible lol, I wonder why it won't use it's IVs

• http://puu.sh/qtBFo/84365bd23b.png also is the case on the other side
  • http://puu.sh/qtDMW/0b2c571c70.png same issue with the couch in my room
  • http://puu.sh/qtBFK/5db31ce85e.png after everything has calmed down, entering from this side of the entrance shows the forest pre-team xen invasion
  • http://puu.sh/qtBG4/e54e3b6b5f.png entering from this side of the entrance relocates you to the room to the right of the room you should have gone to
  • when using rock smash, the text says a wall not a rock
  • when you confront the crazy ice lady imprisoned behind the bookshelf, venam comes in even though i haven't freed her yet
  • if you decide to free kreiss, after you defeat angie if you go all the way down the tower instead of exiting through the dimensional rift, the event of not freeing kreiss plays out and the game freezes afterwards
  • if you save the elder and get magma drift later from saki, the tm shack is still frozen and intact even though she says she drilled through it.
  • if you have the weird diary in your inventory but decide not to show it to melia, the event plays out as if you save garbodor instead of destroy it even though you meet up with erick later and explain to him that you did destroy it
  • that one ledge in darchlight cave can still be hopped on from the side

overall, i'd say it was definitely worth replaying. thanks for buffing up florin btw, the op field (grass super eff.on steel wtf LOL) and rain made him second to amber/angie imo, but that's just the way i like it. one suggestion i have is having the option to take on saki+venam ourselves again, or give them more pokemon because that was disappointingly easy though i guess the match was supposed to prove their dysfunction together, but just my two cents.

p.s. i never really took notice and appreciated the bgm until i replayed this, really good job on that i must say :)

• when you confront the crazy ice lady imprisoned behind the bookshelf, venam comes in even though i haven't freed her yet

Looks like you didn't watch the cutscene completely. The "Venam" was revealed to be a maid in disguise, trying to trick you into leaving the crazy ice lady in her cell. When the ice lady went completely mad, she dropped her disguise and called other maids in. You would be dragged outside then.

Edited by IntSys

I'm trying to find luvdisc to get heart scales and the location guide said that they are only found kristiline town. But every time i try to fish there it says "Can't use that here." (Also unable to surf) Is this intentional or do i have to fish somewhere else?

I don't know if this is meant to happen, but Amber's field is all sorts of bugged out. Rain Dance+Sun made the rainbow field from Reborn, then when her Ninetales came out and had Drought, it said the sun lit up the crystal cavern. It's not in the Field Effec manual, so I thought I might as well mention it.

Wu5ifPm.png

I think you gave Venam's Tentacool an illegal move... Venam pls turn off these AR codes.

Considering it is Qwilfish replacement on Intense Mode, which can learn Fell Stinger, I think this has slipped by your attention. How about changing Fell Stinger for Infestation or other legal move can hit Psychic-types for SE? It has better Sp. Atk, anyway.

don't ask how long it took me for it to use that move so i could screencap it. just don't.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

Soo hmm...

I don't know if these were reported.

1. If you exit goldenwood cave after replaying it then you get alpha metronomed infront of profs lab

2. I seem to be unable to use rock smash even though I have the badge :)

Edit:

I fixed nr2 by correcting :RockSmash in PokemonHiddenMoves script

(should be :ROCKSMASH, also still trying to figure out why it doesn't work from party as well)

Edit2:

I think I figured it out.

if !facingEvent || facingEvent.name!="Rock"
The name is not "Rock" if you are facing a rock (atleast not the first one you have to smash).

It's EV008 and that's why it wouldn't let me use rock smash.

Edited by KisuoX

Hey, not sure if this has been reported already, but if you chose to set Kreiss free in Angie's dimension and go down the tower instead of exiting through the Dimensional Rift, the cutscene where you don't free him plays and the game freezes.