Version 8 - Bug reporting thread

Zumi

is it possible for someone here to help me i went to the secret shore then straight back to oceanic peir to get the itemfinder now i cant continue if i attach my save can someone kindly pit me back at the begining of the secret shore?

edit i just relised i put this in the wrong thread can a mod m delete this post please?

Edited by sandy

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it possible for someone here to help me i went to the secret shore then straight back to oceanic peir to get the itemfinder now i cant continue if i attach my save can someone kindly pit me back at the begining of the secret shore?

edit i just relised i put this in the wrong thread can a mod m delete this post please?

You could also just revert back to an older save, you'll lose a little bit of progress but you won't have to wait for someone to fix your save file :P

You could also just revert back to an older save, you'll lose a little bit of progress but you won't have to wait for someone to fix your save file :P

i guess i could but i dont want to incase i make the same mistake and then overight my back up, dosne it once before

can anyone confirm as of 8.1 if venam is suposed to help you with the double battle on valor mountian against sharon and eli? if so its bugged as she isnt pertisipating

can anyone confirm as of 8.1 if venam is suposed to help you with the double battle on valor mountian against sharon and eli? if so its bugged as she isnt pertisipating

she's not, she hasn't helped you in any of the previous releases either.

been trying to execute the game.exe file for 3 hours now.

at first my antivirus deleted it immediately because it apparently thought it was a virus.

downloaded it again same thing happened.

downloaded it again and set my antivirus to ignore it since i have some friends playing it that have confirmed it has no viruses or anything.

it didnt load instead gave me 2 different alternating error messages that keep appearing every time i tried loading it.

"windows can not access the device, path or file specified. You may not have permissions to access Appropriated element " (directly from google translate since it appeared in spanish)

and "The parameter is incorrect" (also from google translate)

interestingly enough after spamming the icon like 3 billion times i was able to load the game and play it until i got my starter and it crashed. i have not been able to get it to work again so rip in peace my one chance to play it.

tried running it as admin and even turning my antivirus off and it still didnt work. restarted my pc and my antivirus deleted it again.

currently sitting with 6 dead game.ini files.

my antivirus is the "panda free antivirus", i have windows 10 on my computer and i just finished reborn

(that for some reason had no problem loading even though they were both made in rpgmaker (although im not sure on that last part))

at this point im not sure if the file does have a virus or my computer and antivirus are simply messing up.

I found an issue with the Valor mountain event. I am playing v8.1

After defeating Groudon I decided to give the magma stone away but got half of it. After, I got magma drift and went to Telia town and activated and activated the event before using MD to enter Mt. Valor.

When I get in, I meet Amber who tells me about the mountain. But It seems I am missing the guy who gives me the emotion powder. He does not show up.

When I try the sidequest where you get a Beldum, the door to the house for the help quest in Kristilline town (sorry if I misspelled that) is locked. Is that a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

You have to finish all help requests in the town with the bug gym (forgot the name, haven't played in a bit), you get access to a secret hideout where you get the key to the Kristilline Help Center.

You have to finish all help requests in the town with the bug gym (forgot the name, haven't played in a bit), you get access to a secret hideout where you get the key to the Kristilline Help Center.

I completed all of the Kristilline Help Quests and when I tried to go the building, it was locked.

I completed all of the Kristilline Help Quests and when I tried to go the building, it was locked.

Ah, so you've already completed that Help Quest. The card thing was moved to another location, I'll give you a hint, it's a new location in Version 8 ;)

After defeating Angie i went out the bottom of the tower without going up and out through the rift and the game has me frozen with Venam, Melia and Valarie and I cant walk around or do anything. I accidentally saved so every time I go into the game I am stuck at this spot. please help!

After defeating Angie i went out the bottom of the tower without going up and out through the rift and the game has me frozen with Venam, Melia and Valarie and I cant walk around or do anything. I accidentally saved so every time I go into the game I am stuck at this spot. please help!

post your save file in here and I'll help you out

More of a plot hole than a bug, but

Melia's presence at Valor Mountain doesn't make sense. I'm doing a replay-through with V8. After getting Magma Drift, Venam is still caring for unconscious Melia in my room at Tesla's house, so I went through Valor Mountain alone. But when I reach Eli and Sharon at Valor Cliffside, Venam is there without an explanation. Once I've defeated Eli & Sharon, Melia's ready to do her switcheroo, again without explanation of when/how she recovered/got there first. I know Venam and I are chasing Melia, but story-wise, there's no indication that she has gone into Valor Mt. alone and needs chasing.

Edited by PicklesThePikachu

More of a plot hole than a bug, but

Melia's presence at Valor Mountain doesn't make sense. I'm doing a replay-through with V8. After getting Magma Drift, Venam is still caring for unconscious Melia in my room at Tesla's house, so I went through Valor Mountain alone. But when I reach Eli and Sharon at Valor Cliffside, Venam is there without an explanation. Once I've defeated Eli & Sharon, Melia's ready to do her switcheroo, again without explanation of when/how she recovered/got there first. I know Venam and I are chasing Melia, but story-wise, there's no indication that she has gone into Valor Mt. alone and needs chasing.

I believe that after you get back from Kristilline and get to Tesla's house, you can talk to Valarie and Saki (if she's there, honestly can't remember since she's gone building her machine thing) and Valarie mentions that Melia flew away I think. Not 100% sure since I only last played Rejuv once I was done with my replay of V8 like a week after it was released.

Okay for the bug that prevents you from going back to the secret shore after augustus sails you there (by going to gearen first), it says fixed yet there's literally no way to go back for me (and i dont see a solution in the OP). If theres a way to continue please tell me.. I got so far and caught all the pokes possible atm and i reeeally dont wanna start over

Edited by EndlessWrathOfPorygonicAss

Okay for the bug that prevents you from going back to the secret shore after augustus sails you there (by going to gearen first), it says fixed yet there's literally no way to go back for me (and i dont see a solution in the OP). If theres a way to continue please tell me.. I got so far and caught all the pokes possible atm and i reeeally dont wanna start over

secret shore lock is fixed but not in the current release of v8.1, post your save file in hereand I'll help you out

Ditto always moves faster after transforming.

Ditto transforms into fainted pokemons through its ability, if it is sent in when opponents have only 1 pokemon left in double battles.

While using Ditto some other problem occurs. If both side use Sucker Punch, both can deal damage. While the latter one should fail.

I came back to Gearen City right when I got the choice to at the Secret Shore and when I went to Goldenwood Forest I walked back and forth from Route 1 -Forest Entrance which made me travel back in time to I believe Pre-destruction Goldenwood Forest (back at the beginning of the game) . It seems walking to Route 1 -Forest Entrance to Goldenwood Forest from the right makes it so that this occurs, while going in from the left side leaves the Forest in it's destroyed state (after the Gyarados event I think). It's not permanent, so you can pick which Goldenwood Forest to go into, but when you go into the cave in Goldenwood Forest Pre-destruction state and leave it the event plays where you get teleported by Melia back to the entrance of her father's lab. Perhaps there is glitches after the teleport, but I haven't tested it in-depthly.

Also apparently going to the Secret Shore to Gearen City means I am trapped in Gearen City and it's connected areas because there seems to be no boat back to the Secret Shore :( . Will pray someone can save edit me to safety or there is an update.

Edited this to specify leaving the cave and some grammar issues

Edited by Blkrune

Guest MegaMagikarp

Okay, I broke it now and have not seen it through search or otherwise. Grinding Burmys and Oddishes for Sp. A and Sp. D on the Velvet Rooftop and opened up at night with a lot of Pachirisu running around. Saved the game to get prepped, encountered one and soft reset (F12). Now, when I go to open the game up it gets all the way to load and crashes on an error, which reads " Script 'PokemonField' line 1521: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'spriteset' for #-<Scene_Intro:0xbe33170>" Can anybody help?

I reported these in the V7 thread but don't see any sign that they've been fixed or even looked into. I'd appreciate an update on these bugs:

1- I just encountered and caught a female nidorino in Valor Mtn. Nidorinos should always be male.

2- In the Kakori Village Help Quests, I can't progress with the Find Lost Roggenrolla quest. The text says there's supposed to be someone I'm need to talk to inside the pokemon centre, but when I go there, nobody in there has anything to do with this quest. There is a guy trapped behind a barrier of furnature that I can't talk to who my be related to this quest. So either the inaccessible guy is who I should talk to, the person I need to talk to failed to spawn when I accepted the quest, or I'm being giving wrong instructions in the text as to where I'm supposed to go.

I also encountered a bug that I don't think is related to what version I'm using (which is still v7-1) but when I loaded my saved game, I got 2 glitched item slots that I can't get rid of. I tried loading from about 5 or 6 of the backup saves and got the same error in all of them, so this isn't just affecting one save file. It appears to be an issue with something else in the core code of the game, possibly memory handling or something. This issue was definitely not there last time I played this game and saved it, the item menus were all behaving normally, so it seems to have happened sometime between when I last played and this session.

30106606525_de3f1f9073_z.jpg

I'm attaching my save file just in case there's some clues as to the cause of this problem in there.

Game.rxdata

Okay, I broke it now and have not seen it through search or otherwise. Grinding Burmys and Oddishes for Sp. A and Sp. D on the Velvet Rooftop and opened up at night with a lot of Pachirisu running around. Saved the game to get prepped, encountered one and soft reset (F12). Now, when I go to open the game up it gets all the way to load and crashes on an error, which reads " Script 'PokemonField' line 1521: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'spriteset' for #-<Scene_Intro:0xbe33170>" Can anybody help?

your save file got corrupted, to fix this use your back up save files -> you should have save backups in here (they are named number - Player name - badges) C:\users\username\saved games\pokemon rejuvenation to make them work just rename one of the file to Game.rxdata

sometimes you have to use multiple backups to make it work

I reported these in the V7 thread but don't see any sign that they've been fixed or even looked into. I'd appreciate an update on these bugs:

I also encountered a bug that I don't think is related to what version I'm using (which is still v7-1) but when I loaded my saved game, I got 2 glitched item slots that I can't get rid of. I tried loading from about 5 or 6 of the backup saves and got the same error in all of them, so this isn't just affecting one save file. It appears to be an issue with something else in the core code of the game, possibly memory handling or something. This issue was definitely not there last time I played this game and saved it, the item menus were all behaving normally, so it seems to have happened sometime between when I last played and this session.

30106606525_de3f1f9073_z.jpg

I'm attaching my save file just in case there's some clues as to the cause of this problem in there.

1. female nidorino is an essentials bug that is very rare

2. there's nothing wrong with roggenrola quest, I was able to finish it on your save file

3. those items load normally for me, try redownloading the game or update to v8