please set this field on fire

Amethyst

So if this is Adrienne's field, I can't wait to see everyone trying to bring in their fire types on the trainer I assume to have a Huge Power/Sap Sipper Azumaril. It could also be Bennett's because good god Swarm and Bugs have an absolute field no pun intended day on this field after a turn or two. A Scarf Swarm Megahorn Heracross, a Speed Boost Yanmega with protect to buy turns while the field grows, and then a Volcarona to come in and clean up later by lighting everything on fire and destroying it all. Plus, knowing Ame, the other devs, and, most of all, the masochistic fun house that is Pokemon: Reborn, there's no way it'll be as simple as "burn it with fire ASAP." If it was, I kinda doubt we would have been told that or that the devs would have spent this long working on the coding for it.

Indeed, it won't be so easy to burn. First because you can burn it only at stage 3 and higher, giving some time to grass types to boost. And at higher stages, Grass and Bug types become so powerful (and fast if they have Chlorophyll) that they may kill you before you can burn it. Second because if your opponents are not stupid, they will use Rain Dance to prevent you from burning it

Indeed, it won't be so easy to burn. First because you can burn it only at stage 3 and higher, giving some time to grass types to boost. And at higher stages, Grass and Bug types become so powerful (and fast if they have Chlorophyll) that they may kill you before you can burn it. Second because if your opponents are not stupid, they will use Rain Dance to prevent you from burning it

Damp Rock Prankster Illumise coming through vroom vroom

• Upvote 1

This. Is. ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I just had to get that out. Anyway is field looks crazy, and I am definitely looking forward to/fearing going up against it. Personally I feel like this field fits Laura more than Bennett or Adrienn, personality wise at least.

This is why my Arcanine knows Heat Wave. On the plus side, my Butterfree's favorite move (Sleep Powder) could see some use.

Wait...

Whimsicott > Prankster > 100% paralysis chance > On both Pokemon

Yep. Arcanine. Set the thing on fire. And then we'll put the Grassy Terrain overtop and set that on fire too. I love Arcanines.

BURN BABY BURN

But I'll probably stick to the side that tries to abuse this field rather than destroy it. The mechanics look pretty neat (although it must have been a massive pain to code all of this)

wow this field is just......dear lord thats.............

you know what ame you deserve a standing ovation for this hell you went through for this and you deserve it.

Specially seeing were gonna burn it anyway is a shame maybe ill fight fair with no fire just to show appreciation.

Do I detect a fire emblem theme in the the pokemon names?

In terms of the field itself, I'm glad to learn my Heatmor will be keeping Flame Burst for the foreseeable future (aka the rest of the game because the field looks to be endgame material).

Edited by YinYang9705

• Developers

Loving the naming theme on the player pokemon, I thought I was the only one that did stuff like that while testing.

While thematically, I agree with others it'd make sense for Blizzard or Glaciate (Maybe Icy Wind at lower stages?) to kill off the field [Or at least revert it to stage 1, I have no idea how seeds cope with the cold], I'm not sure I'd agree from a gameplay perspective. I mean, this seems sorta like a high risk high reward field, yeah. Buffs the hell out of grass types, and other types to an extent, and while some of those are defensive buffs (POTENT ones, at that), there's no active protection from their weaknesses. And, in fact, there's the big glaring fire weakness from Stage 3 on.

Despite that, I feel like having two of the big weaknesses grass types have also being big weaknesses of the field might be pushing it a bit far. Time will tell, of course.

As for people suggesting Adrienn might get this field, I'm less convinced. I mean, if xe runs a Whimsicott that would be absolutely terrifying, and of course Flower Veil on Florges makes it tankier than ever, but beyond that, there's no real benefit there, and two viable pokemon does not a good field choice make. Once again, time will tell.

One thing I would be totally game for is if we could make this field. Of course you wouldn't wanna make it easy, but I'd love it if you could generate the field with something like Leech Seed/Seed Flare/Seed Bomb followed by Rototiller. Or maybe one of the seed moves in the rain or sun.

I can see why this would wanna be a field where we DON'T have the ability to create it, but it sounds like it'd be super fun if we could utilise this.

Either way, great work on this, I've not even looked at the code for it but I'm dreading the possibility of fixing any bugs that may arise with the field. And the backgrounds look super pretty, so while it must've sucked redoing it a load, I can definitely appreciate the effort you put in to make them look this nice.

The first reaction on this field was that it was going to be my second least favorite field (my least is glitch field) since at first glance it seems to force you to interact with the field (due to the amount it boosted) but now that I think about it, I think you can out play it. The field needs setup and if you train down your opponent fast enough he probably won't have any chance to utilise the field. This field would be cool to use in a double battle against Bennet and Fern (and your ally would be either serra or Florinia) . However my (hopefully Mega) Loppuny will still learn cut when I see this field.

Edited by FairFamily

• Global Mods

As for people suggesting Adrienn might get this field, I'm less convinced. I mean, if xe runs a Whimsicott that would be absolutely terrifying, and of course Flower Veil on Florges makes it tankier than ever, but beyond that, there's no real benefit there, and two viable pokemon does not a good field choice make. Once again, time will tell.

I personally think it seems very Laura-ish.

Guest MegaMagikarp

Well, I have a Victreebell, an Executor and a Florges on deck. This will be absolutely insane. I may even train up a parasect for this as well. Grass types are my favorite. .

Ninja edit; Grass (and water...and poison)

Edited by MegaMagikarp

Mmh. I agree, Laura is seemingly the most befitting user. Flowery and pretty and all that. She even did all the landscaping around Belrose Manse with all the flower-spinneys. Florinia has her sombre sand theme anyways, and somehow this field doesn't quite seem to fit anything but a Grass type user.

It'd be funny to imagine Fern in this field, though. Ah, maybe he turned a new -leaf- and now appears as gentle and mellow as a dewy violet?

Excuse me while I retch over the railing and punish myself for conjuring that mental image. While I'm at it, I'll also -Power Whip- my sorry self for making truly -rotten- plant puns.

• Upvote 1

welp. I'm going to do a water fun for next episodes and this happens. Sigh. Anyway this is a very interesting field. So Laura-ish. When will we battle Laura anyway, hmm? Also is there any chance that the field start in specific stage such as start in stage 3 in flowery environment or something?

What we need now is someone using this field in permanent rain (whether it's overworld or primal kyogre double battle) so no one can set this field on fire, heh~

Edit. I forgot that Laura's position as E4 is replaced with Bennet. Still Bennet is also a good user of this field so things can get worse. We can battle Laura too though who knows. I'm also curious where the field is located since it's a hanging garden. Oh well, sorry for blabbering, this field is just too interesting~

Edited by PhantomBima