E19 is Released

We always knew this day would come. Cincere congrats on the successful full release, we're so proud of the entire team for the years of work that went into this. I'm really happy I get to be here for it and to support the studio in every future projects. Starlight looks FIRE so far and can't wait to see more of my favorite refreshments cart.

Well, it's been a ride. But a good one. And now, at the end of that road stands the best complete Pokémon fan game ever created.

Sure, there still might be some need for a few bug fixes here and there, but if even the great AAA games of our time can't be released without their devs needing to throw out like 3+ day one patches to fix game breaking problems, who can blame a fan game for having some minor issues that need fixing?

I'm happy with how EP19 turned out, and i can say it was worth the wait. Instead of continuing my old EP18 save file, i started a new game and i really have to say it was the right choice to make. There are so many new things in the early game that you could say it's not the same game any more. But thanks to those changes, the world of Reborn feels more alive now. That being said, Cain still best girl! 😛

• Upvote 2

I first played Reborn when I was in highschool and now I'm graduating college, It's been so many years in the making and finally its complete! The world building, the characters, the story, I absolutely love it all! Reborn completely changed how I played pokemon games and every new one I play just always feels like its missing something deeper without the field mechanics.

Thank you immensely Amethyst, Cass, and the entire Reborn dev team for creating such an incredible video game experience. I hope you can finally relax and succeed in your futures games.

• Like 1

Once again many thanks and congratulations on finishing the game. A FINISHED fangame is a triumph in itself  but one on the quality level of Reborn is a truly noteworthy accomplishment. 

Also wow at that wallpaper artwork!!! I do find it a bit funny everyone is so happy considering Reborn is kinda dark  lol. But it's nice to see them in full, especially since it's a bit hard to see the outfit details in the game sprites. 

But wasn't there a Radomus one where he had the pyramid hat? I certainly remember that being a header...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And we've officially reached the best part!

This game has helped me in so many ways, being here for the full release is unreal. I just don't know what else to say, but I'm glad we're here. We made it.

I'll raise a glass to your hard work, and several more in the future. Thank you, all of you, for making one of the best Pokemon games I've ever played.

Congratulations Ame! You guys are amazing. 10 years of work to create the best Pokémon fan game in existence, inspiring (at least) 2 more great ones in rejuvenation and desolation, and it’s finally come to a close. All I can say is congratulations. And thank you. For making the Pokémon game that is what I’ve always dreamed a Pokémon game could be. Through 10 years of work, you made that dream a reality. So all I can say is thank you. 

I look forward to Starlight and the rest of your future endeavours. Good work, and good luck!

Edited by happygoyot
Typos

Congratulations to all the people who worked on this project during all these years!

I've been continuously running the game occasionnaly, once per release episode and i can't help but feel super nostalgic remembering the first time i heard about your game almost *ten* years ago knowing that it is now done. this is like. insane.

can't wait to play the whole game one more time.

congratz to u all !!!

• Upvote 1

I had to create an account just to say thank you! I've played dozens of rom hacks and fan games, but Reborn stands alone at the top. It's by far the best Pokemon game I have ever played. What you have accomplished here is nothing short of perfect, and I'll keep recommending Reborn to every single person I meet that likes Pokemon. 

You should be very proud of your work, you deserve a rest now.  Thank you again, Ame!

And so, it is written.  One epic story comes to a close, after many long years.  One story closes, another opens.  But for now?  Rest now, for you have accomplished an enormous feat that speaks songs of triumph and praise.

All that aside,... CONGRATS!!!  I cannot believe how fast time flies!  It seemed like it was yesterday that I competed in the online league and just learned about the game.  But now that the game itself is finally finished, public release and all?  I am at a loss for words.  Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose.  Now it is time I finish the game myself, but take a bow and rest, Chasing Selene team, you've earned it.

"And then she looked upon her work, might and beautiful, and said 'It is done. Let this be my final masterpiece'. And people all around the world rejoiced in celebration, for the world of Reborn was whole, at last."

May you rest knowing all these years of sweat, blood and tears will be forever in ours hearts and will be forever remembered as the best Pokémon game ever made.

• Like 1

congrats! Im glad I was able to play this game in its early stages. This was an excellent game all the way through and is even better now. Better than the original games lol.

3 hours ago, Leenu said:

Reborn showed that pokemon is an excellent medium for storytelling.

Let's be honest here: unpaid fans can often write better stories than the actual storywriters for the official games, who are actually getting paid for that job.

I dont even know how to thank you all properly.. Just.. Wow

Im not one of the people who is here since 2015, im here since 2020 i believe! And it was such a rollercoaster of emotions seeing you guys finish this job... I loved so much Pokemon Reborn when i played it, there was people that hated how edgy it was, but im so into that shit, the story and the characters are so good! The difficulty is something i love and hate at the same time, i was kinda that person that only used 9 main pokemon on total, so i just bashed through so many walls without even caring, just hoped so my attacks wouldnt miss and got some rng on the fight.

I can write a love letter to Pokemon Reborn, and even Pokemon Rejuvenation too! Im so hyped up to play e19 of Reborn, but ill wait 1 month and a half..(And hope it will run good on my pc, i kinda have a bad pc that make it almost impossible to play certain fangames, but that shouldnt be a problem since it never was before on reborn and rejuv) by then i should be on vacation from college, and be able to spend so much time on reborn that my save file will supass the 3 digit mark! The love you all put in the work, the small changes that many creators wouldnt find necessary to put, yet, you all put it just so the players can have a easier time and more enjoyable one! It really shows how much you care for us and your work, and i cant put into words how im gratefull, im simply stunned, i want to speak so much yet i cant find the proper words!

Have all the rest you need, you and everyone else that helped to create this amazing master piece, and im so hyped to the future and what you and your team will create! Have a good rest, may both sides of your pillow be cold everyday (i hope you like this stuff, if not, sorry D: ). Congratulations!