Started new V13 run to be a jerk and get bad ending....

Tomek

This is exactly why i will never get the bad ending. I can't be mean to the characters, i love them to much 😭 (except Isha, i hope he dies form the Xenpurgis).

However excited to see how it will influence the story later.

• Like 1

How far are you in the run? Do the characters still treat you friendly even when you’re as unfriendly as possible? Bc it’s gonna be funny if Erin still calls you a “pleasure to be around” when you’re literally the worst person in the room 

yeah, I'm prettty sure it's possible. according to this, you have to:

Not saving Rift Garbodor (+10 Bad Ending Calc)

Not saving Rift Hippowdon (+10 Bad Ending Calc)

Not saving Amber @ Valor mountain (+10 Bad Ending Calc)

Handed the Diamond over (+10 Bad Ending Calc)

If Florin is dead (+20 Bad Ending Calc)

Karen's Death (+10 Bad Ending Calc)

Karrina's Death (+20 Bad Ending Calc)

and being mean to tesla :(

• Thanks 1

I just wish the choices were a bit more... nuanced. Like in Reborn. Telling Amaria about the truth of her and Titania relashionships or Battling Taka in Water center are still VERY tough life choices with consequences, and they do not have a right answer to them. 

Here we have:

"Friendship will beat all evil, by the power of good and all that is friendship, i friend you to being my friend!"
or
"Look, i eat babies on breakfast, elderly for lunch, and i like being bad cause im bad, mkay? Im evil and thats final"

The game just wasnt written with bad path in mind, this is why it's just so detached from everything. 

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

I just wish the choices were a bit more... nuanced. Like in Reborn. Telling Amaria about the truth of her and Titania relashionships or Battling Taka in Water center are still VERY tough life choices with consequences, and they do not have a right answer to them. 

I do agree with you, for the most part. those were pretty difficult choices to make, and I do wish rejuvenation had more like them. buuut I do feel that the characters in rejuv are more interesting and are written better, so it makes up for that somewhat

and of course rejuv has had plenty of changes already, so come the final release I'm sure they'll have come up with some solution to this

17 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Here we have:

"Friendship will beat all evil, by the power of good and all that is friendship, i friend you to being my friend!"
or
"Look, i eat babies on breakfast, elderly for lunch, and i like being bad cause im bad, mkay? Im evil and thats final"

The game just wasnt written with bad path in mind, this is why it's just so detached from everything. 

I guess Rejuv is more Shonen-ish in that regard, like it's pretty easy to differentiate between good and bad characters, even with, like, Puppet Master in V13 or Crescent its clear. In the other hand, Reborn is more... Different. You got Shade, Taka, Amaría (who tries to outright drown the MC), ZEL... They're not meant to be put in any character binary. 

And then there's Fern, lol

21 hours ago, Cyphre said:

I love this type of quality comment. It reminded me of Tea from Little Kuriboh's abridged series. 

My comment is super irrelevant to anything here, but watch it if you like yugioh too, it's episode 25

On 9/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, Tomek said:

But its so hard, i feel sooo bad after being a meanie to Mariannete :(

She is not relevant to the bad ending att all. The only relevant ones are Tesla, Amber, Venam, Melia, Ren, Aelita and Erin. None of the others matter, so being mean to Mariannete is not needed. 

Also, Tesla gives 20 points, while all the others give only 5. So If you make all the bad story choices (including the BOTH of the bad choices during the final Karen side quest), you will have enough points, while only making one person hate you. Check the V13 relationship guide for more info!

Edited by pizzagod13

15 hours ago, FernStoleMyBike said:

I love this type of quality comment. It reminded me of Tea from Little Kuriboh's abridged series. 

My comment is super irrelevant to anything here, but watch it if you like yugioh too, it's episode 25

hahaha i watched that its so funny :D

It's kinda though..
You have to go out of your way to be as much of a d*ck as you can to the point you need to force yourself to be an a**hole..
I tried to go through that route once and I just gave up even before the 3rd gym..

22.jpg.09cd84d3fda93afca04ec524469a09d0.jpg

18 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Also, Tesla gives 20 points, while all the others give only 5. So If you make all the bad story choices (including the BOTH of the bad choices during the final Karen side quest), you will have enough points, while only making one person hate you. Check the V13 relationship guide for more info

what does that mean

2 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

what does that mean

To get access to the scene that locks you into the bad ending you need 100 bad ending points, called bad ending calc in the game files. You get these from certain choices, which I will list below

Spoiler

Killing rift hippo (10 points), killing rift garb (10 points), letting karen die in the castle sidequest (10 points), killing karinna in the caste side quest (20 points), choosing to hand over the time diamond (10 points), choosing to try and escape with the time diamond (5 points), getting florin killed (20 points), not saving amber from kyogre (10 points), having karma lower than 55 (you are given scaling points based on the difference, with lower karma giving you more bad end points, it is 5 points for every ten you are below) and then by having the people I mentioned in the previous comment not liking you. Tesla gives you 20 points, while the rest only give 5 each, so Tesla is the best choice for making them hate you. I got the bad ending scene without making Tesla hate me, so it is possible, but she is still the best option. 

My previous comment was saying that you do not need all the main cast to hate you, just Tesla will do, assuming you do all of the other choices that give bad ending points. 

Again check this guide for more info. You will find it under "bad end calc"

Edited by pizzagod13

On 9/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, Eixenr said:

This is exactly why i will never get the bad ending. I can't be mean to the characters, i love them to much 😭 (except Isha, i hope he dies form the Xenpurgis).

However excited to see how it will influence the story later.

I feel the same. I'd love to watch someone on YT go through the whole game making all of the asshole choices and the responses it gets but I could never do it myself. I just don't feel comfortable hurting undeserving people/characters intentionally and having them hate me. 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, Z64 said:

I'm pretty sure you can get the bad ending while still being "nice", (like going with the lower end positive answers) you'd just have to calculate exactly how much "bad" karma you need to get the bad ending, which I think is around 100? don't quote me on that haha

According to the YT video I watched it is in fact 100 (though the vidder used Debug to get the needed bad ending calc for the purpose of showing Clear and Kieran's invitation) and I must disagree that it can be achieved with any level of niceness. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:00 AM, Cyphre said:

Here we have:

or

This is the reason.

This is a good observation.

The bad ending choices in this game are quite black and white with in-betweens that are more fillers than actual choices which removes some of the dilemma from them vs. in Reborn where the choices are an authentic chess game with people's lives with both beneficial and consequential outcomes that require one to examine their morals. 

The bad path pretty much has to be a deliberate feat and as pointed out it does feel quite like an afterthought because it doesn't reflect strongly in the story. I.e I'm told that being on the bad path doesn't change the Puppet Master confrontation scene in which all of the protagonists empower the MC with their faith so that that faith isn't there or contains less conviction. I was rather disappointed when I heard this as I was when the Gardevoir choice ended up effecting nothing but dialogue. I was 100% expecting that choice to be a forked path. 

I'm still looking forward, however, to hopefully seeing where choosing to join Clear and Keiran/Team Xen leads in V14 but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a huge effect. 

• Upvote 1

I just wonder if the Bad ending is one of those types where the PC is personally happy with ruling over a ruined world like Melanie after killing their friends, or if it's something like Undertale and Soul Nomad where you don't get any satisfaction out of being evil and you die along with the rest of the planet. 

I know most of us would enjoy the former, but I doubt the dev team would give us an unironically happy ending by being an asshole and killing beloved characters. Like you know if there was a evil path, Melia, Aelita and Ren would be the final bosses and it's going to be heartbreaking. Besides the path to the bad ending makes it clear that there is NO future for the world if you pick it, so I'm sure it's going to be one of those paths that keep mocking you for playing it, and reward you with a destroyed planet instead of one that you rule over. Like this game gave you the choice to side with Flora, local terrorist leader and rewards you by having her betray you and blowing up Erin, so I seriously doubt they'll let us play villain protagonist without pushback.

Also I am planning on an evil run eventually and have tried some choices out with my alt, and I too have a hard time being an asshole. But weirdly enough, I want to turn to the dark side while on good terms with our friends so it's more dramatic and heart wrenching.

20 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I feel the same. I'd love to watch someone on YT go through the whole game making all of the asshole choices and the responses it gets but I could never do it myself. I just don't feel comfortable hurting undeserving people/characters intentionally and having them hate me. 

According to the YT video I watched it is in fact 100 (though the vidder used Debug to get the needed bad ending calc for the purpose of showing Clear and Kieran's invitation) and I must disagree that it can be achieved with any level of niceness. 

This is the reason.

This is a good observation.

The bad ending choices in this game are quite black and white with in-betweens that are more fillers than actual choices which removes some of the dilemma from them vs. in Reborn where the choices are an authentic chess game with people's lives with both beneficial and consequential outcomes that require one to examine their morals. 

The bad path pretty much has to be a deliberate feat and as pointed out it does feel quite like an afterthought because it doesn't reflect strongly in the story. I.e I'm told that being on the bad path doesn't change the Puppet Master confrontation scene in which all of the protagonists empower the MC with their faith so that that faith isn't there or contains less conviction. I was rather disappointed when I heard this as I was when the Gardevoir choice ended up effecting nothing but dialogue. I was 100% expecting that choice to be a forked path. 

I'm still looking forward, however, to hopefully seeing where choosing to join Clear and Keiran/Team Xen leads in V14 but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have a huge effect. 

It can still be gotten while being kind to some people. If you do all the "bad outcomes" to quests/story events that is already 95 points. You just need to be mean to a single one of the major characters/Tesla and you have a 100, or 115 in the case of Tesla (as she gives you 20 points, instead of the normal 5). So you can be as nice as you want to a few people! 

A word of warning though, when I did this run recently, the hand over the time diamond option was bugged and hardlocks the game, forcing you to replace your save with a backup one (after hitting continue you spawn incorrectly and cannot move at all). I.E. the 10 points for handing it over are inaccessible, meaning events/quests can only give you 85 points, hence, you should be mean to 3 people, or just Tesla to get enough points, but that still lets you be nice to a few people. You can also just have lower karma by not doing all the sidequests, which also gives you bad ending points, in which case you might be able to get away with being mean to nobody. 

For example, in my game Aelita and Melia both really like me, and I still got the bad ending scene. 

Edited by pizzagod13
  • Upvote 1