Major/Fatal Bugs

13 hours ago, lunarblack said:

Bug while reading the entry 6 of archives, clicked on it, started the first animation and after the game says "couldn't read the script, the game will be saved" (i saved before in front of the book but after this bug the game is saved in "ENTRY 6" and it doesn't load so i can't do nothing, only black screen" i think my save is fucked 😧, any way to get it back?

Go back a save

Go to this location on your computer:

C:\Users\Your user\Saved Games\Pokemon Desolation

Find the one called game.rxdata and delete it or move it and call the highest numbered backup Game.rxdata

This is what a backup will look like
1263 - Starry - 151h 47m - 18 badges

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the snowy mountain you enter right after waking up due to Tristan finding you, I accidentally ran from a trainer battle thinking it was a wild encounter, so I was teleported to the healing camp right next to the staircase. When I got back into the mountain, Tristan was no where to be found. So after soloing double battles, I got to the part with the ice puzzle, and Tristan's dialogue shows up, but he's still not there (pokemon are not healed, can't interact with him, etc.)

EDIT: Nevermind, he was back at the beginning

Edited by Azian808

• 1 month later...

I just started Pokémon desolation for the first time and I ran into a couple of problems. The game isn't showing the grey triangle in the text box, I can't see Rosetta in the registration program, and when I load my save It shows a mostly white screen.

Capture101.PNG

Capture102.PNG

Capture103.PNG

Running on Mac, I was trying to run by opening up "mkxp-z" to run the game. However, the game kept crashing when pidgey tried to evolve, so I came to this forum and read that I should not run the -z file. 

I figured out permissions so that I can run the application just by clicking on the main icon, but now when I try to play from my save file, the attached error pops up. 

I checked that the LastSave.dat file has read/write permissions from everyone, so not sure what the issue is. I'm also not sure where the saved game backups are stored.

EDIT: I've been running on the -z file, and it still crashes not just when Pidgey evolves, but also when I've tried to evolve my zigzagoon. Other people like froakie have evolved just fine though.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.36.02 AM.png

Edited by Photophoenix
New update on problem

• 3 weeks later...

When you wake up in the woods with Connor at the beginning, you can walk around Connor and leave without talking to him (see picture). The beach loads in with the starter Pokeballs, but without the debris that is supposed to have washed up overnight. If you take a starter without powering on the healing machine, you are stuck as the game will not let you activate it, and you will be blocked from following Connor back onto the beach with a message that you need to activate the healing machine.

bug report.PNG

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP

i am at the dreamsape wildlands, episode 5.1

second save file, it never happened nor does it happen at other save files

I didn't do anything weird...

Script 'PokemonField' line 1616: NoMethodError occured

undefined method 'spriteset' for #<scene_Intro:0x12b----->

the last five characters seem randomized...

please help..

thanks~

Edited by ORAORAORA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, Photophoenix said:

Running on Mac, I was trying to run by opening up "mkxp-z" to run the game. However, the game kept crashing when pidgey tried to evolve, so I came to this forum and read that I should not run the -z file. 

I figured out permissions so that I can run the application just by clicking on the main icon, but now when I try to play from my save file, the attached error pops up. 

I checked that the LastSave.dat file has read/write permissions from everyone, so not sure what the issue is. I'm also not sure where the saved game backups are stored.

EDIT: I've been running on the -z file, and it still crashes not just when Pidgey evolves, but also when I've tried to evolve my zigzagoon. Other people like froakie have evolved just fine though.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.36.02 AM.png

Moving Desolation to the Applications folder from the downloads folder worked for me.

EDIT: Game is saved in C:\Users\(your user)\Library (for some reason this folder was hidden for me at first, if you don't see it try command+shift+period)\Application Support\Pokemon Desolation

Edited by MasterfulOverlord
updated info

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Moonwolf127 said:

I have saved, because of an error, in a cutscene, and now everything is blocked... (I am in the place where you save Emily and then Corror comes in) Is there any way to resolve this issue? (I'm on Windows)

You go back a save, replace reborn with the fangame name
https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/

Dunno if this bug has been reported yet, but to avoid potentiel spoilers, i didn't read the thread... Sorry.

So if you go back to Kikui house ( where the donphan scene take places ) after clearing the event the first time, it happens all over again.

• 3 months later...

I joined to note an error when trying to run the Mac version on an updated Mac (BigSur 11.5.2). The game freezes my entire computer when you try to exit the door of the house you start in (so after you create a character but before you select a pokemon). 

I had the same problem with Reborn (the game freezes during the opening train sequence, so again after character creation but before selecting a pokemong) and tested Desolation to see if it produced the same problem. I have no trouble running Rejuvenation on my updated mac. 

I was battling spectro and during the battle an error window popped up and for obvious reasons I didn’t take a screenshot and after the battle whenever i would try to encounter something in the grass my screen would black out

• 2 months later...

I saved in the 'scape right before Excadrill and when I reload the game this happens:

Spoiler

And then the game automatically closes and this keeps repeating when I open the game again. My game is up-to-date and it's the Mac version. I'll load up a backup save, but I'm just letting the team know about this.

• 1 year later...

I just start the game and then after the intro, I press C and then this window showed up, it was too long that it can't be closed by normal means, so it can only be closed by using the task manager, and I'm still baffled about the message that my head is about to exploded, I let the image here to see by yourselves what I'm talking about.image.thumb.png.e09ba5196f057335d6d6409019d8d10c.png

Getting this message repeatedly in blackview.

Going back a few saves gets me out of it. However, I kept retracing my steps so I could avoid it happening again.

Only occurs when I take pokemon out of the pc at the daycare and put them in, pokemon already in my party weren't affected.

85316148_Crashmessage.PNG.0c9af1a4e34d0de8757fe4650416810d.PNG

I'm calling this a major bug since it's preventing me from even getting to the title screen. Fresh Mac version download, haven't done anything but unzip and try to start it. Whenever I launch it I just get an "Unable to open 'Data/Scripts.rxdata' " error, then it closes when I click OK. Scripts.rxdata is at least in the Data folder, so I'm not sure why it can't open it.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Charon said:

I'm calling this a major bug since it's preventing me from even getting to the title screen. Fresh Mac version download, haven't done anything but unzip and try to start it. Whenever I launch it I just get an "Unable to open 'Data/Scripts.rxdata' " error, then it closes when I click OK. Scripts.rxdata is at least in the Data folder, so I'm not sure why it can't open it.

try thisimage.png.d150053b9eb9e57adaddef614a2a3d34.png

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, LunarsStarsShips said:

When I try to go into the game this is what I see if I were to press enter

What should I do I can't close out of it 

I know how to get rid of the false part but then the screen just goes black

image.thumb.png.28a397ea1860997dd8fd3f9de3cea06f.png

Fixed in Patch 6.0.1