Who has been your Reborn MVP

jbastian1

My Main MVP was my shiny Haxorous, I didnt know who to use for my last team member, so i got the mystery egg, and got a shiny axew, decided to roll with it, and it turned out amazing, it has a 300+ attack stat right now, and dragon dance combined with outrage is insane, it saved my ass in so many gyms.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Spiritomb in Reborn progressively became a lovely ace to me! His tanky nature helped me kinda well against special offenders and Nasty Plot turned it into a more vicious threat during long battles. I concluded most of my Gym Battles with him as my last valid Pokemon, so he became not just a good teammate, but a mascot to my entire team over time. Shock Wave was also very enjoyable to use when I faced Amaria and Ciel, and I don't even mention the raid in Devon Corp. This shadowy boy was such a swiss knife 😄

Nice, mono dark runs are fun!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Thomaskater21 said:

My Main MVP was my shiny Haxorous, I didnt know who to use for my last team member, so i got the mystery egg, and got a shiny axew, decided to roll with it, and it turned out amazing, it has a 300+ attack stat right now, and dragon dance combined with outrage is insane, it saved my ass in so many gyms.

Ooooohhhhh nice! I also got Axew from my egg and trained it up for a rotationed team that I am working on putting together. Ya never know what Amethyst will throw at ya with each new episode so it is always good to have some hidden beasts saved up.

My main MVPS are a tie between Nidoqueen, Houndoom, Archeops and weirdly Floatzel (which i thought Iwould have ditched by now)......and Blaziken but do we realllllllly need to talk about that do we?

17 hours ago, Anti-Loser said:

Shout out to ya boi MVP Amoonguss 

Has all the necessities to beat up some swag jockey’s birdy boyfriend snd clear smogs/spores all my troubles away from the double battles in Reborn. 

I have actually never used Amoonguss! Thats awesome, I love hearing about people using mons i never thought to try!

1 hour ago, jbastian1 said:

I have actually never used Amoonguss! Thats awesome, I love hearing about people using mons i never thought to try!

Amoongus is definitely an underrated pokemon. Really great in doubles since there's also Rage Powder(+3 priority that does the same as follow me) and it deals alright damage. It's also crazy bulky and has great longevity with its regenerator ability. 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Amoongus is definitely an underrated pokemon. Really great in doubles since there's also Rage Powder(+3 priority that does the same as follow me) and it deals alright damage. It's also crazy bulky and has great longevity with its regenerator ability. 

I could imagine! It sounds great, probably destroyed Adrienn

From my current run, Kecleon has definitely been the MVP. Before, I always thought that it's really weak, but surprisingly it performed the best out of my whole team. Best part was predicting the opponents move and using Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch to change type so the opponent will do little damage, and thanks to that priority it doesn't matter that it's so slow, or use Trick Room. It can learn lots of TMs and good moves from tutors or breeding, does decent damage and has very good SpDef. And, though I didn't use it, with Power-up Punch it's even more dangerous.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Edo said:

From my current run, Kecleon has definitely been the MVP. Before, I always thought that it's really weak, but surprisingly it performed the best out of my whole team. Best part was predicting the opponents move and using Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch to change type so the opponent will do little damage, and thanks to that priority it doesn't matter that it's so slow, or use Trick Room. It can learn lots of TMs and good moves from tutors or breeding, does decent damage and has very good SpDef. And, though I didn't use it, with Power-up Punch it's even more dangerous.

Wow i heard a lot of  underrated mon but maining Kecleon is a new one maybe i need to try using him in one of my playthrough

• Like 1

Donphan. He gets Knock Off in gen 7. Before gen 7, his Swagger was DANGEROUS. Has nice speed, outstanding attack, his defenses could be better but still, gets Sturdy... Using it for Strength is somehow working for battles as well, because fields! Hits like a truck and is the Agate Circus Mascot. Do you need more reasons? 

Cacturne. Physical, Special or mix, that thing will never disappoint. Has its own Protect, even. Learns Sandstorm naturally, can have the ability that raises evade in it, you slap a BrightPowder on top and there you go!

Drapion. Only now i had the pleasure, to get really acquainted with that beast. Sniper + Night Slash + Cross Poison + FELL STINGER and later on, when available, Earthquake too... The shivers! I almost forgot all about Alolan Muk, already!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Kenneth said:

Donphan. He gets Knock Off in gen 7. Before gen 7, his Swagger was DANGEROUS. Has nice speed, outstanding attack, his defenses could be better but still, gets Sturdy... Using it for Strength is somehow working for battles as well, because fields! Hits like a truck and is the Agate Circus Mascot. Do you need more reasons?

Donphan was amazing in my first playthrough. Sturdy+Scary Face helped me so much with all those boss battles, I don't think my team could've beaten Garchomp, Arceus or the others without him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Edo said:

Wow! I also have not heard of anyone utilizing Kecleon in Reborn let alone as their MVP! That is awesome! I have a shiny one (the sprite is hilarious) that is at a decent level. Maybe I can train him up some for whenever Episode 19 comes out. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Cacturne. Physical, Special or mix, that thing will never disappoint. Has its own Protect, even. Learns Sandstorm naturally, can have the ability that raises evade in it, you slap a BrightPowder on top and there you go!

Drapion. Only now i had the pleasure, to get really acquainted with that beast. Sniper + Night Slash + Cross Poison + FELL STINGER and later on, when available, Earthquake too... The shivers! I almost forgot all about Alolan Muk, already!

Donphan is a beast. I like to watch other people's playthroughs to see how their experience was different than mine and the guy mained a donphan and yeah it was amazing! Never attempted a Cacturne myself but I can see how it would be valuable. Drapion is amaziing. Used him in Diamond and have one trained up to lvl 88 for my rotation in Reborn!

• Like 1

I have two answers for pre- and post-Terra.

Pre-Terra: Meowstic

I mean...what can I say? That cat ruined lives all the way through Reborn City, and remained a crucial support mon up until the end of the circus arc. I mean, everyone knows prankster screens is good, but Meowstic has exclusive access to both Rain and Sun at +1 priority, substituting for a weather setter and (in so doing) was vital to beating Charlotte. I honestly think rain is critical for that fight. Even now, there's some fights I'd still consider bringing the psycat back for.

Post-Terra: Alolan Ninetales

This mon is amazing! I can see why Ame loves it so much! It does everything! It sets Veil, fires off strong offensive moves, kills enemy weather.....thanks to Slush Rush A!Sandslash, I can even follow it up with a devastating offensive sweeper with the bulk of a damn god. Alolatails carried me through the Fiore gauntlet and continues to output a strong performance whenever needed.

Honorable mentions go to Klinklang (Owns Florina and Corey, as long as meteor keeps using factory field this thing will never truly fall off) and Flygon (just a strong offensive pokemon with solid bulk (relative to the mons around it) and and a neat ground immunity for easy switches).

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 11:50 PM, doombotmecha said:

I have two answers for pre- and post-Terra.

Pre-Terra: Meowstic

I mean...what can I say? That cat ruined lives all the way through Reborn City, and remained a crucial support mon up until the end of the circus arc. I mean, everyone knows prankster screens is good, but Meowstic has exclusive access to both Rain and Sun at +1 priority, substituting for a weather setter and (in so doing) was vital to beating Charlotte. I honestly think rain is critical for that fight. Even now, there's some fights I'd still consider bringing the psycat back for.

Post-Terra: Alolan Ninetales

This mon is amazing! I can see why Ame loves it so much! It does everything! It sets Veil, fires off strong offensive moves, kills enemy weather.....thanks to Slush Rush A!Sandslash, I can even follow it up with a devastating offensive sweeper with the bulk of a damn god. Alolatails carried me through the Fiore gauntlet and continues to output a strong performance whenever needed.

Honorable mentions go to Klinklang (Owns Florina and Corey, as long as meteor keeps using factory field this thing will never truly fall off) and Flygon (just a strong offensive pokemon with solid bulk (relative to the mons around it) and and a neat ground immunity for easy switches).

Heck yeah! Thats awesome. I have never actually used a Meowstic myself but my first time playing through Reborn I played it alongside two of my best friends and one of them ran a Meowstic. (We actually had quite different teams too without even trying to playthough the game differently which was cool to see how we were all different as trainers). But he loved that thing. I've watched quite a few Lets Plays as well where people have used and swore by their Meowstic too so I could see how it would arguably be one of the most useful mons to pick up early. 

And I couldn't agree more with Alolan Ninetails. Combo'd with Alolan Sandslash. That Slush Rush is a godsend- leading with a swords dance then single handedly sweeping everything else. It is amazing to the point that I think my next mono run may be an ice challenge. 

• 3 months later...

my current team switches around a lot but all roughly lvl 90

Greninja (Surf/dark pulse/ extrasensory/smack down)

Bashful, protean, choice specs

Metagross (zen headbutt/bullet punch/stomp tantrun/ice punch)

Adamant, clear body, Metal coat

Garchomp (dragon claw/stamp tantrum/fire fang/iron head)

Adamant, sand veil, draco plate

Mimikyu (play rough/shadow claw/trick room/destiny bond)

adamant, disguise

Roserade (giga drain/grassy terrain/venoshock/dazzling gleam)

Modest, poison point, big root

Kommo-o (dragon dance/drain punch/poison jab/dragon claw)

naughty, bulletproof, fist plate

Infernape (fire punch/mach punch/thunder punch/rock climb)

adamant, iron fist, scope lens

Toxicroak (poison jab/sucker punch/drain punch/bulldoze)

quirky, poison touch, black sludge

Escavalier (swords dance/x-scissor/iron head/drill run)

adamant, shell armor, quick claw

Togekiss (dazzling gleam/flamethrower/nasty plot/air slash)

Modest, serene grace, kings rock

Arcanine (crunch/thunder fang/outrage/heat wave)

mild, intimidate, charcoal

Hydreigon (flash cannon/dragon pulse/dark pulse/flamethrower)

Mild, levitate, dragonium-z

Ninetales (wil-o-wisp/extrasensory/flamethrower/hex)

modest, droght, heat rock

Electivire (thunder wave/thunder punch/ice punch/brick break

adamant, vital spirit, shell bell

venusaur (solar beam/toxic/venoshock/giga drain

modest, chlorophyll, metronome

flygon (fly/earthquake/rock slide/dragon claw

jolly, levitate, lax incense

MVP's gotta be Greninja (starter) and Escavalier/flygon

I was probably very lucky since I got traded a poipole very early in the game which soon evolved into naganadel he saved my ass a lot of times most of are noel, Serra, el's ditto arceus , Shelly and Charlotte oh and how can I forget my boy bastiodon with sturdy and metal burst who ko'd Solaris's garchomp 

MVP's : naganadel and bastiodon

Dragalge was an amazing pokemon that had some nice dragon poison moves and hydro pump + toxic spikes.

cofagrigus and dusclops both amazing spdef/def tanks that helped me with a lot of the bosses both having curse will o wisp infestation and hex for garchomp and arceus and the pulses.

zoroark and houndoom both amazing dark types, houndoom i used later when i got the mega stone for him and zoroark's illusion cheesed the ice gym (evasion boost that i still don't know about)

hawlucha is a god. unburden + terrain seed or gem swept a lot of gyms like fighting ground steel rock.

malamar's topsy turvy is extremely underrated including the seed boost with inverted field. it helped me stop a lot of gym leader's terrains from ever becoming useful.

Not gonna answer for my main file since I used waaaaaay too many 'mons there, but for my shiny-hunting file so far Medicham has been an absolute beast. Even when it was Modest before I got to 7th Street, it was still one-shotting just about everything that didn't resist both its STABs, and even then Ice Punch was usually a clean 2-shot. Absolutely dunked on Serra and Luna, did over 75% to finish off Farceus after Noivern set tailwind, and worked with Darmanitan to 2HKO the giant Steelix. Currently in the low 60s with a better attack stat than most invested level 100s.

Also shoutouts to Pangoro in an ongoing Nuzlocke, clutched a really bad Shade fight after everything went to hell, though I still had to sack 3 'mons and another died earlier in the fight. Karate Chop crits also helped with the war of attrition against Florinia's Cradily.

In my first run, Alakazam has had my back time and time again. Wonder guard is an amazing ability and has saved my ass many times. He also always manages to survive with just 1-3 HP, allowing me to go for the kill and winning many battles. 

In my current run, I'll have to go with Cinccino. It still shines even in late game. High speed and attack IVs, the ability skill link and multi-hit moves (like tail slap, bullet seed and rock blast), making each of those base 125 damage attacks! It basically swept Charlotte once I got rid of her field.