Who has been your Reborn MVP

jbastian1

Hey Everyone!

I don't know if this is really a Team Showcase kind of post buuuuuut I thought this would be the best place to put it as it relates quite a bit...

Who has been the MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon) for your Reborn playthrough? This can be the Pokemon that came in clutch during your toughest battle, perhaps has been with you since the early game and has been the ol' reliable team member, maybe even one that always tends to be your lead/first pokemon out, etc. I want to know what singular pokemon has made a monumental impact on your game play and why! Feel free to share stories of challenges it helped you overcome, what made you add it to your team, etc. 

I'll share mine. Without a doubt, even though it is not my favorite mon on the team, my MVP has been my Magnezone. I got Magnemite as early as possible to help with some Water and Flying Type weaknesses and that Sturdy ball of electricity has helped in so many ways. From tanking hits from Ditto/Arceus and landing the paralyzing hit, electrocuting a good chunk of the water-mons i've encountered (Im looking at you Amaria), and its ever-powerful Flash Cannon killing every fairy it has encountered while commonly taking advantage of the many steel/electric boosting terrains. It has even been amazing in double battles with my Hippowdon after it Magnet Rises as Earthquake will miss Magnezone and its Discharge wont hurt Hippowdon. All in all, it has been with me through most of the game and I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the most critical battles I have had without it. 

I look forward to hearing your stories as well!

10 minutes ago, jbastian1 said:

Hey Everyone!

I don't know if this is really a Team Showcase kind of post buuuuuut I thought this would be the best place to put it as it relates quite a bit...

Who has been the MVP (Most Valuable Pokemon) for your Reborn playthrough? This can be the Pokemon that came in clutch during your toughest battle, perhaps has been with you since the early game and has been the ol' reliable team member, maybe even one that always tends to be your lead/first pokemon out, etc. I want to know what singular pokemon has made a monumental impact on your game play and why! Feel free to share stories of challenges it helped you overcome, what made you add it to your team, etc. 

I'll share mine. Without a doubt, even though it is not my favorite mon on the team, my MVP has been my Magnezone. I got Magnemite as early as possible and that Sturdy ball of electricity has helped in so many ways. From tanking hits from Ditto/Arceus to land the Paralyzing hit, electrocuting a good chunk of the water-mons i've encountered (Im looking at you Amaria),  and its ever powerful Flash Cannon killing every fairy it has encountered. It has even been amazing in double battles with my Hippowdon after it Magnet Rises. All in all, it has been with me through most of the game and I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the most critical battles I have had without it. 

I look forward to hearing your stories as well!

Im thinking and thinking which Pokémon my HERO was (first playthrough)…. and I can't decide. Was it my sweeper Swoobat with Focus sash + endeavor & air Slash/psychic? Definetly in some battles like Solaris. Was it my shiny Golem tank with Sturdy + rockblast/earthquake? Definetly in Team battles with Swoobat or alone against fast and strong enemies. Was it my shniy magenzone with sturdy? definetly, exactly like yours 😄 
But i think not.... it could also be my simisear (yea, really) which was just fast af and smashed so many enemies with acrobatics. It could also be my Swalot (toxic/ yawn, you know the rest). But I would say it was my beloved Feraligatr. I started with him, he was fast, he was strong, he knew dark/water/fight moves and was over he cap like all of the time. Such a good Little fellow. In conclusion: it was my whole Team without rotations. I loved them all, they all important, nobody for ist own. 

But Looking to my second playthrough…. well you know, ist just Blaziken. Always and Always again. Send him out - blaze kick or sky Uppercut (or flame charge for extra Speed) - instant kill - Speed raise. I repeat this for every enemy and was able to beat most of my enemy. Sure they were some fights were he was completely useless (especially against Ciel or Psycho b*tches) but thats fine. Hes not my only one, but definetly my carrier and cool Looking starter. He got choice band, what you ecpect :'D

• Like 1

It's been a while since my last full playthrough, and I remember surprisingly few hard battles overall. I assume the sheer number of defeats drowned out the victories in my mind. Some of them, however, remain egregious, but they remained so only mostly because of sole-purpose mons (or stupid strategies such as collapsing the field on Luna's ace). So I can't recall when, or how, a long-standing member of my team singificantly contributed to a win.  

Examples include how I used a (surprise, that's so original) Prankster Murkrow to disable most of single-Pokemon boss fights, how a Klingklang destroyed Serra, how a tag team of Excadrill and Alolan Muk carried a lot of weight starting from the return to Reborn (and incidentally defeated Adrienn as I wasn't even trying at 3am), how a Baton Pass Girafarig, X items, and a Kaimorse teamed up to sweep Ciel (and even now I don't think I have a reliable strategy for her, as her Pokemon are both bulky and powerful), how Amaria barely managed to damage a couple of Ferrothorn and M-Venusaur. 

About the consistent key players in my runs, I think I should mention Swampert: as my starter Pokemon (also the first starter Pokemon I chose, about fifteen years ago), it did a lot of work throughout the entire game, because of its movepool, offensive stats, and relative bulk. Of the same kind (but hitting hard completely diffeent Pokemon, and using the amazing talent Intimidate), is Scrafty. I'm giving honorable mentions to Kricketune (in the category "early-game enemy wiping") and Meowstic (for support, Prankster screens, Rain Dance for Charlotte, and Fake out for Shelly). 

Edited by Mindlack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcpershing said:

Im thinking and thinking which Pokémon my HERO was (first playthrough)…. and I can't decide. Was it my sweeper Swoobat with Focus sash + endeavor & air Slash/psychic? Definetly in some battles like Solaris. Was it my shiny Golem tank with Sturdy + rockblast/earthquake? Definetly in Team battles with Swoobat or alone against fast and strong enemies. Was it my shniy magenzone with sturdy? definetly, exactly like yours 😄 
But i think not.... it could also be my simisear (yea, really) which was just fast af and smashed so many enemies with acrobatics. It could also be my Swalot (toxic/ yawn, you know the rest). But I would say it was my beloved Feraligatr. I started with him, he was fast, he was strong, he knew dark/water/fight moves and was over he cap like all of the time. Such a good Little fellow. In conclusion: it was my whole Team without rotations. I loved them all, they all important, nobody for ist own. 

But Looking to my second playthrough…. well you know, ist just Blaziken. Always and Always again. Send him out - blaze kick or sky Uppercut (or flame charge for extra Speed) - instant kill - Speed raise. I repeat this for every enemy and was able to beat most of my enemy. Sure they were some fights were he was completely useless (especially against Ciel or Psycho b*tches) but thats fine. Hes not my only one, but definetly my carrier and cool Looking starter. He got choice band, what you ecpect :'D

Awesome! I also ran with Feraligatr for a while! Honestly though, I never really keep my starter pokemon on my team, although I needed to pretty much all the way til Ciel for this game as he was extremely useful!

• Like 1

In my first run, my Arcanine named Sarah. Darling girl ripped through Titania, was a tremendous help against Adrienn, definite MVP in the gauntlet... She's great.

In my second playthrough I'm just past Kiki, so I can't name anyone definitely, but so far the MVPs have been a Trubbish named Vero (Acid Spray was Arceus sent), Electabuzz named Noah (Charge Beam and a ridiculous amount of speed), and my starter, by now a Primarina named Max. This run though I've asked some friends to give me mons to use (& name after them), so Vero has already left the team and Max will leave it eventually... I'm pretty sure I'll miss Max when I get to Hardy. At least I will have him for Charlotte, since iirc Sneasel is only available afterwards.

• Like 1

I had a gible wondertraded to me just before I got to Charlotte and gachomp’s been a valuable asset to my team ever since. Outrage literally destroys opponents, especially coupled with choice band. Iron head also made it so that she could deal a great amount of damage against fairies, which was especially useful against Adrienn. Things just got even better once I had access to stomping tantrum, a reliable ground stab. There were some gym battles that I definitely wouldn’t have won without her, such as Titania.

• Like 1

My hero is blaziken HA too. Starting with protect I almost always attack first. Combining with bulk up or X attack (i prefer this one) + high jump kick/flare blitz  instant kill for 1x/2x/4x pokes. I used this strategy of buffing blaziken almost all gyms and it works. 

I love my anura (flygon) too.  But im goint to change to garchomp. 

What is your main teams ?

Im with (all 95)

Blaziken HA (blitz/HJK/bulk up/protect)

Flygon (earthquake/dragon dance/stone edge/outrage)

Exploud HA partially HM slave (it surprised me) boomburst/endeavour/surf/rock climb)

Rotom grass (discharge/protect/toxic/leaf storm)

Crobat (fly/cross poison/toxic/confuse ray - this one makes me feel stupid because no one hits himself)

Hydreigon (looking for tips, actually uping bom, with dark pulse/dragon pulse/protect/work up)

Tips are Always welcome

Thanks guys

• Like 1

For me, definitely my Exadrill. I got him as a Drilbur in a wonder trade, he had 31 in every stat (I think it might have been one off I forget which one, probably sp. Atk) with an Adamant nature. I was really surprised that someone would trade that, but that's not what I'm here to discuss. After evolving him, he started sweeping through teams like it was nothing. I remember using him for the glasswork station battles and the gym battle after that. I knew Exadrill was a good mon, but I didn't know just HOW good he was. Definitely became a favorite of mine after playing through Reborn. Thanks random wonder trader!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bladed_Zephyr said:

For me, definitely my Exadrill. I got him as a Drilbur in a wonder trade, he had 31 in every stat (I think it might have been one off I forget which one, probably sp. Atk) with an Adamant nature. I was really surprised that someone would trade that, but that's not what I'm here to discuss. After evolving him, he started sweeping through teams like it was nothing. I remember using him for the glasswork station battles and the gym battle after that. I knew Exadrill was a good mon, but I didn't know just HOW good he was. Definitely became a favorite of mine after playing through Reborn. Thanks random wonder trader!

I agree, in my ground monorun excadrill basically destroy everything, set up the sandstorm with lead hippowdown sand stream, then switch to excadrill to get that sweet boost of sand rush, if you can set up even 1 sword dance you basically won the fight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainMetal said:

In my recent playthrough my hero has to be Silvally, and I'm not just saying that cause it's a shiny with almost perfect IVs. It being so flexible allowed me to always get the type I needed for every major battle without first having to train a new pokemon, I love it.

You are a very good person, just know it. You have all my possible respect

• Like 1

If we're talking of old reliables, it will have to be "Poterie" the bronzdong and Fashionhood the Chesnaught, for being The shield and botcher of the team always ready.

For clutch victory and for his raw power "porkpiece"(translated) the mamoswine was my Hero in the Solaris fight for tanking an earthquake from his garchomp and finish him off after having seen him tank a blizzard.

And of course never forger kricktune for being an invaluable clutch

• Like 1

Spiritomb in Reborn progressively became a lovely ace to me! His tanky nature helped me kinda well against special offenders and Nasty Plot turned it into a more vicious threat during long battles. I concluded most of my Gym Battles with him as my last valid Pokemon, so he became not just a good teammate, but a mascot to my entire team over time. Shock Wave was also very enjoyable to use when I faced Amaria and Ciel, and I don't even mention the raid in Devon Corp. This shadowy boy was such a swiss knife 😄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Spiritomb in Reborn progressively became a lovely ace to me! His tanky nature helped me kinda well against special offenders and Nasty Plot turned it into a more vicious threat during long battles. I concluded most of my Gym Battles with him as my last valid Pokemon, so he became not just a good teammate, but a mascot to my entire team over time. Shock Wave was also very enjoyable to use when I faced Amaria and Ciel, and I don't even mention the raid in Devon Corp. This shadowy boy was such a swiss knife 😄

I have my Spiritomb trained up and in Rotation but so far have not actually needed to pull him out yet! I've never actually utilized one though for a playthrough, but I do remember it being a force to be reckoned with on Cynthia's team!