Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

You said you keep forgetting writing it down, so I'll politely say it again. The venipede line has no access to speed boost.

Actually last time you mentioned it I immediately went to the PBS files to fix it on the account that I'd forget to write it down, which I did.

Yeah it's been addressed but I neglect to update my known bugs list. I'll do that now.

Also 117 votes on the poll, does this mean the next Halo will actually be good.

Thanks Caz! And man this first battle with Shiv is tough. His Aipom keeps getting 5 hits off Fury Swipes.

Am I the only one here who actually found most fights rather easy? Tbh I don't even remember what Pokemon Shiv had when I battled him, I just rekt him first try with 2 pokemon lul, oh and for some reason, when I first saw Shiv, I thought he was supposed to be some in-game manifestation of Caz, appearing every now and again to shed some light on whatever was happening for whatever reason. The only fight where I actually had to go away and devise a new strategy was because Aderyn's emolga was 2OP4me. I would literally 1-shot all of her pokemon with 1 Discharge from Manectric but since Emolga has Motor Drive that wasn't happening. I ended up having to go catch a Slugma in Vejyr and grind it up to a Magcargo, then I literally rekt her first try.

I just started Desolation today, like 5 minutes ago, and I already found a bit of a huge bug. In the room where you find the bomb onboard the ship in the very beginning, if you talk to the spot where the bomb is before going upstairs or even talking to Ava, you can skip the whole thing and when you walk out, the Fire gym leader asks what you've found.

where did u find a bomb?

Am I the only one here who actually found most fights rather easy? Tbh I don't even remember what Pokemon Shiv had when I battled him, I just rekt him first try with 2 pokemon lul, oh and for some reason, when I first saw Shiv, I thought he was supposed to be some in-game manifestation of Caz, appearing every now and again to shed some light on whatever was happening for whatever reason. The only fight where I actually had to go away and devise a new strategy was because Aderyn's emolga was 2OP4me. I would literally 1-shot all of her pokemon with 1 Discharge from Manectric but since Emolga has Motor Drive that wasn't happening. I ended up having to go catch a Slugma in Vejyr and grind it up to a Magcargo, then I literally rekt her first try.

Well I never do regular run for Desolation so I don't know but in my Ice-run and Ground-run the difficulty is alright. The only exception is that running Ice-mono run is really hard especially for early game, you have to solo every battle with Spheal until 2nd gym. Overall, I think the difficulty is nice so if you find that the battle is rather too easy, try doing a challenge run.

where did u find a bomb?

During the intro sequence of the game the 2nd in command of the Black Foxes (forgot her name) plants a bomb in one of the rooms on the ship, and you are ordered by Connor to go find it. Thing is, you can find the bomb and skip the entire intro sequence immediatly after getting your trainer card, which is not supposed to happen. :P

If you know what you are doing than you shouldn't have much trouble. You don't even have to have any knowledge on the game and challenges ahead and you should be fine. If however you restrict yourself too much, you can easily be swept away by the difficulty. My first run went quite smoothly.My mono-poison for instance was a disaster until the first two gyms but after that it was a lot easier when the options started to come as well.

Edited by FairFamily

why is the battle against connor so hard? i have croconaw, sewaddle, tailow, meoth and wooper. al level 19. if i beat vulpix, the burning field(from flame burst) and flechinder ko's al my pokemons... any tips

evolve your wooper; iirc it evolves at lv 20. It's fairly easy with Quagsire

Er so on the guild mission with exploring the depths, I found a door but can't unlock it and there's no key in my inventory except a village gate key for kenneph village. Is the quest borked? Didn't the ranger who give you the quest slip you a key?

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

hey caz do you plan on adding a psychologist/nature changer in the faaar future?

just asking cuzz i spent some time trying to get a crustle with good ivs, and i got one with near perfect ones but it has an attack decreasing nature.

so even if you add a psychologisst after lets say 13 badges i will still keep this one :P otherwise i will just keep searching i guess

Edited by DemICE

• Developers

Hey, is this game able to have troubleshooting? Because Connor has been following me around for a while, even after we stop teaming up, and he's really getting in the way now.

PM me. This bug was addressed a long time back so I'm guessing you are/were on an older version when it occurred.

@Eonic: I haven't decided yet. If not the next episode then the one after.

@DemICE: Yes - in Episode 5, to be precise.

Edited by Caz

PM me. This bug was addressed a long time back so I'm guessing you are/were on an older version when it occurred.

@Eonic: I haven't decided yet. If not the next episode then the one after.

@DemICE: Yes - in Episode 5, to be precise.

I can already imagine the amount of credits the psychologist is going to cost. Hopefully you will be able to choose your nature and not have it just be random.

Eevee is always nice since there are so many things you can do with it. Really looking forward to that, might give me a nice Jolteon to use

Hey-o! Just started playing Pokemon Desolation and I gotta say, I am loving it so far. I have found a few bugs (most of which have been mentioned already). However, there was a soft-lock when I talked to Connor from the left side before he moved out of the way of the locked room on the ship. My apologies if that has been mentioned already.

Anyways, onto my 1st Gym experience:

058.gif195.gif002.gif (Water & Fire & Electric immunity ftw)

This trio works together really well. If Reborn and Reuvenation have taught me anything, its that fighting fire with fire is a superb strategy. So, I led with Ivysaur do bait the Vulpix into going for a Fire move. Then, I promptly switched into Growlithe for the Flash Fire boost. I then proceeded to 2HKO 3/6 of his team before Growlithe fainted and the Sun went out (Fire Fang + Burning Field + Flash Fire + Sun). Then I swapped in Quagsire and shot some Mud Bombs and Water Guns until all of his team was KOd. Ivysaur could have played a larger role if it had Chlorophyll but I read that Hidden Abilities weren't all that common on the Starters and I pulled a Modest one with sweet IVs on the first go. Sleep Powder under the Sun could've been cool..

Once again, I am loving Pokemon Desolation (been silently following progress for a while but just couldn't find the time to play). Also, I am in love with the Mega designs and I'm usually not too huge of a fan of fan-made Megas and the like.

Caz what is recliff city's music based off?

Anyway I finally picked up magnemite! It's at level 30 now and a magneton, so I now have a full team.

quilava.gifkrokorok.gifsimisage.gifquagsire.gifpersian.gifmagneton.gif

I think I should be able to handle the 2nd gym leader.

Also shiv and that other guy with the zorua look cool. It's obvious some of the areas/sprites were copy-edited from reborn buuut I do like many of the portraits.

EDIT: I beat the 2nd gym leader, and it ended up much tougher than I thought it would. I had to evolve quilava and honchkrow confusing magneton was pretty nasty and that LO boosted sucker punch...OW. She can easily sweep an entire team.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Developers

Hey-o! Just started playing Pokemon Desolation and I gotta say, I am loving it so far. I have found a few bugs (most of which have been mentioned already). However, there was a soft-lock when I talked to Connor from the left side before he moved out of the way of the locked room on the ship. My apologies if that has been mentioned already.

Anyways, onto my 1st Gym experience:

058.gif195.gif002.gif (Water & Fire & Electric immunity ftw)

This trio works together really well. If Reborn and Reuvenation have taught me anything, its that fighting fire with fire is a superb strategy. So, I led with Ivysaur do bait the Vulpix into going for a Fire move. Then, I promptly switched into Growlithe for the Flash Fire boost. I then proceeded to 2HKO 3/6 of his team before Growlithe fainted and the Sun went out (Fire Fang + Burning Field + Flash Fire + Sun). Then I swapped in Quagsire and shot some Mud Bombs and Water Guns until all of his team was KOd. Ivysaur could have played a larger role if it had Chlorophyll but I read that Hidden Abilities weren't all that common on the Starters and I pulled a Modest one with sweet IVs on the first go. Sleep Powder under the Sun could've been cool..

Once again, I am loving Pokemon Desolation (been silently following progress for a while but just couldn't find the time to play). Also, I am in love with the Mega designs and I'm usually not too huge of a fan of fan-made Megas and the like.

I'm aware of that bug and it was a pretty amateur mistake on my part. I'm glad you like the Mega's - I've taken the time to make sure that they're done properly rather than having some choppy low-quality fakes.

EDIT: @Monochrome: Don't know how I didn't see your question, sorry about that. Redcliff Town uses Final Fantasy XI's Rolanberry Fields theme.

Edited by Caz

I can already imagine the amount of credits the psychologist is going to cost. Hopefully you will be able to choose your nature and not have it just be random.

Eevee is always nice since there are so many things you can do with it. Really looking forward to that, might give me a nice Jolteon to use

Instead of just saving up countless credits for the psychologist, you only need to save up for how many Pokemon you need changed. Just save in front of the guy and SR until you get a good Nature :P That's what I did with my Abra on Reborn since I got Magic Guard with good IV's instantly.

Instead of just saving up countless credits for the psychologist, you only need to save up for how many Pokemon you need changed. Just save in front of the guy and SR until you get a good Nature :P That's what I did with my Abra on Reborn since I got Magic Guard with good IV's instantly.

This is how I've been doing that in Reborn.

Does anyone know how to get smoochum? I'm also having trouble figuring out exactly what to do to find froslass.

Smoochum is an event in Silver Forest, you find a wild Smoochum just sitting there, and then it attacks you. I killed it by mistake but didn't think to reset since Jynx is kinda awful.

Nvm I thought Froslass wasn't in the game yet since Snorunt isn't.

Edited by TheMoltenGuy
  • Upvote 1