Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

On 5/1/2018 at 2:23 AM, Caz said:

Desolation isn't dead. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I have good news either. I made the developers mistake of promising a deadline that was impossible for me to meet and for that, I'm incredibly sorry. 

I made this post to confirm a few things:

1) The fans here are truly incredible. The knowledge that my fan game hasn't died yet is truly humbling. I owe it to everyone here to give the best possible experience for the next Episode.

2) Yes, I said, "next Episode" which means Desolation isn't dead - it's coming (slowly).

3) University is rough - med school doesn't really give you any free time here, that is where my lack of time comes from.

I'm still working on the game. I will make further updates when things are coming up, otherwise, I won't really be on this forum too often.

Thanks again for the continued support. This fanbase is incredible - the attitude from the fans here really inspires me to keep going with this project ❤️

...Right now, I'm crying tears of Joy. The game isn't dead. Caz is still working on it. 

As for the fans, what did you expect? This game is just that good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- It's the best fangame on this site.

• Upvote 3

OOOHHH CAZ GOOD TO SEE YOU MAN!!!

Hearing the game is still alive from you made me really happy since this  game is by far my favorite fangame in the forum! And don't worry Caz, take your time, real life is always important after all, good luck on your medical study!

On 5/1/2018 at 8:23 AM, Caz said:

Desolation isn't dead. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I have good news either. I made the developers mistake of promising a deadline that was impossible for me to meet and for that, I'm incredibly sorry. 

I made this post to confirm a few things:

1) The fans here are truly incredible. The knowledge that my fan game hasn't died yet is truly humbling. I owe it to everyone here to give the best possible experience for the next Episode.

2) Yes, I said, "next Episode" which means Desolation isn't dead - it's coming (slowly).

3) University is rough - med school doesn't really give you any free time here, that is where my lack of time comes from.

I'm still working on the game. I will make further updates when things are coming up, otherwise, I won't really be on this forum too often.

Thanks again for the continued support. This fanbase is incredible - the attitude from the fans here really inspires me to keep going with this project ❤️

So you study medicine. I know that feel too well, since I study pharmacy myself. And you've even less free time than I do, yet you made an awesome game. I'm glad to hear that you are healthy and that the game is not dead. After the mindblow of the last episode, I can't wait to see how things will develop in the next one.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, BaratheonStag said:

So you study medicine. I know that feel too well, since I study pharmacy myself. And you've even less free time than I do, yet you made an awesome game. I'm glad to hear that you are healthy and that the game is not dead. After the mindblow of the last episode, I can't wait to see how things will develop in the next one.

Speaking of Studies, How... Bad is the first year of College? 

I'm going for a Computer Science Major, and I need to know.

7 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Unless it's like either Nursing or Engineering was at my college, you may mostly be doing electives the first year or two, with only some intro classes in your field of study.  It honestly wasn't too big of an adjustment, course-wise, though that probably varies by individual, college, and course.  Getting used to having roommates was a bigger issue at first, for me at least.

You're juggling med school, fangame development, and who knows what else???  Man, you're incredible, just...wow...
Definitely, definitely put yourself first and take all the time you need 🙂

19 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'm in Europe, so I'm not familiar with how colleges work. My first year of uni was confusing. We had certain subjects in the first semester only, yet their finals were at right in the middle of the second semester. We had 2 finals for anorganic chemistry (theoretical knowledge and practice) though it counted as a single subject. Second semester was 1/3 theory and 2/3 lab practices. Sometimes we'd have overlaps in our time tables (say, from 8 to 11 you had to be in the physics lab, but biology practice started at 10) and it was not pretty. Second year things got more organised.

• Like 1

i did end up finding the kings rock, ill just leave a photo of where to find it. its in the silverfall forest a little past the empty house where you need to find the pages

desolationkingrocks.png

• Upvote 1

Welcome back Caz! Good to hear from ya and know you're okay! But boy, I feel for ya on that University part. I once studied for Pharmacist and had to cut it short because it took way too much studying for me to balance work with. It's extremely impressive that you're able to do that and make a game on top of that.

I am determined to wait patiently (Undertale reference). ❤️ Take all the time you need.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Also, I just noticed.

You named the region after a Final Fantasy character. Ayrith = Aerith. I recognize other similarities but this is the most obvious one.

hope aurora doesnt put a blade through her stomach

• 2 weeks later...

I am just going to ask, where the hell is Yanma? I tried to find it in the Celeste Grotto because all of the other posts I have found here mentioned it being there, but I have found 5 Pichus and no Yanma at all. It has been two hours of searching and I am starting to think that it just might not be there. Currently doing a bug mono and a Yanmega would be pretty awesome for my team as it is.

1 hour ago, Cronos5010 said:

I am just going to ask, where the hell is Yanma? I tried to find it in the Celeste Grotto because all of the other posts I have found here mentioned it being there, but I have found 5 Pichus and no Yanma at all. It has been two hours of searching and I am starting to think that it just might not be there. Currently doing a bug mono and a Yanmega would be pretty awesome for my team as it is.

I got mine from the credit shop in Blackview city.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aviagon said:

Heyo! Does anyone know where to get the PBS File for Desolation? If so, please tell me ^^ But if it's not allowed, I'm okay with it. Btw, this game is fantastic! Looking forward to V5~

Rejuvenation's PBS file should work for Desolation as well so give that a try. You can download it here:

https://mega.nz/#!xIRSSZDA!EkcnGUTt_azipEZHYBv8VLEbYhi7LEGgpNS1dU12PkI

6 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

I got mine from the credit shop in Blackview city.

I found one in the Grotto right before the whole area where SCARLETT BETRAYS US RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHh, but only after three hours of searching because #lifehatesme. Also does the random Pokemon generator in Blackview have anything of interest for a bug monotyper btw?

5 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

I found one in the Grotto right before the whole area where SCARLETT BETRAYS US RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHh, but only after three hours of searching because #lifehatesme. Also does the random Pokemon generator in Blackview have anything of interest for a bug monotyper btw?

I think you can get Joltik. Not 100% sure though.

So there are a lot of shit rumors going around for the pokemon switch title about how its going to be another kanto game. I just want you all to know that no matter what happens, no matter how severely the hype train crashes, at least I know you guys know where to find real quality in a pokemon game. And screw this lets go pikachu stuff btw. The thought of missing my master ball because of the pokemon go integration makes my skin crawl.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Benis said:

My friend wants to know if there's any cute fanart of Scarlett, so I figured that I'd ask around here in his stead.

I doubt there is any fanart of pokemon desolation in existence. Only one really terrible Uranium crossover fanfiction.

22 hours ago, Luck Repellent said:

So there are a lot of shit rumors going around for the pokemon switch title about how its going to be another kanto game. I just want you all to know that no matter what happens, no matter how severely the hype train crashes, at least I know you guys know where to find real quality in a pokemon game. And screw this lets go pikachu stuff btw. The thought of missing my master ball because of the pokemon go integration makes my skin crawl.

Zelda got an overhaul with Breath of the Wild. They should do the same for Pokemon. I'd fancy a system where you, as the player, have stats that directly correlate to the use of your pokemon.

I always thought we shouldn't give up on this game until an official update was posted that it's canceled and it looks like I was vindicated. That's fine, giving out release dates seems to be a huge no no when developing fangames and it's probably for a good reason. Take all the time you need and hopefully many of us will still be around when the next version comes out. Desolation is right up there with Reborn and Rejuvenation as far as I'm concerned so I'll definitely stick around.

• Upvote 2