Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

On 4/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, ShadeStrider said:

I'm anticipating that It will be out by the end of this year.

If it's not out by the end of this year, then Desolation is officially dead, which is a shame. 

• Like 1

Man I don't want this game to be dead. IMO this surpassed both Reborn as well as Rejuvenation. The city in the last episode was so beautiful i got goosebumps. Caz could at least give someone he deems competent the general plot and have her/him continue the game. It won't be the same, but it'll be something.

• Upvote 1

On 24/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, threeoneleads said:

Hey guys, does anyone know the music in this video at the time linked? 

I'm guessing it's some glitchxcity remix but I haven't found which one. Thanks in advance!

I dont really know, but you can find all of the songs of the game by going to Audio-->BGM.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:05 AM, BaratheonStag said:

Man I don't want this game to be dead. IMO this surpassed both Reborn as well as Rejuvenation. The city in the last episode was so beautiful i got goosebumps. Caz could at least give someone he deems competent the general plot and have her/him continue the game. It won't be the same, but it'll be something.

This wouldn't be so concerning if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't at least logged in since January. I'm actually legitimately worried about his well being right now.

• Sad 1

^ RT @Alilatias

I've heard from those who have been playing Desolation longer than I have that it's normal for Caz to go off the Reborn forums grid for long periods of time but I also noticed he hasn't logged in since January or given a status update on the old February 2018 deadline.

I'm honestly worried about his well-being too - like it's ok if Desolation is cancelled, I'm just hoping for confirmation that he hasn't died in a car accident or something along those lines (sorry for using that type of example, but I needed to get my point across)

On a more positive note, regardless of the future for this project, I just wanted to re-iterate that this game is amazing and that from the intro -> 5th gym battle has been even better than the beginning -> 5th gym battle of Reborn and Rejuvenation each, which are in my opinion the greatest implementations of a Pokemon single-player story mode I've ever seen. The game is so well written in terms of plot, characters, and the consequences of the player's decisions.

6 hours ago, TeamPlayerSwampert said:

I've heard from those who have been playing Desolation longer than I have that it's normal for Caz to go off the Reborn forums grid for long periods of time but I also noticed he hasn't logged in since January or given a status update on the old February 2018 deadline.

I'm honestly worried about his well-being too - like it's ok if Desolation is cancelled, I'm just hoping for confirmation that he hasn't died in a car accident or something along those lines (sorry for using that type of example, but I needed to get my point across)

On a more positive note, regardless of the future for this project, I just wanted to re-iterate that this game is amazing and that from the intro -> 5th gym battle has been even better than the beginning -> 5th gym battle of Reborn and Rejuvenation each, which are in my opinion the greatest implementations of a Pokemon single-player story mode I've ever seen. The game is so well written in terms of plot, characters, and the consequences of the player's decisions.

I just was a little bored and glanced at the comments. It's more likely that he had burnout and not actual health problems. Could he have health problems or died? Absolutely, but we'll never be able to tell. Morbid story but this actually happened to a friend of mine in a different community which nobody knew what happened until their brother logged on and left a note in her user bio. I don't think he was particularly close to anyone here so we have no means of actually knowing the truth or even possibly knowing what Desolation was going to be like if it were continued.

From my very little research though, I highly doubt it's a health situation as to why Desolation is dormant. Caz is kind of busy and has a job which is near impossible to do and work on a game as the former is very demanding depending on the job and possible real life factors that need to be taken care of. If you want a better idea of how this works, I spent about 30-35 hours a week when I was really invested in Redux. This along with 30 hours of school, 30 hours of work, and 56 hours of sleep lead to a total of an imaginary 17 hours I'd need. The way I remedied this is by cutting back and dedicating certain days to certain activities, but that 30-35 hours is more like 5 hours in a single day if I'm lucky. You can't make a fan-game putting only 5 hours a week into it. Well you actually can but it'd take a very long time to accomplish very little. It's still very possible that Caz could be setting a small amount of time to work on it little by little but that's very unlikely.

You younger folks really take your amount of free time for granite because the older you get, the less you are going to have. I can't even go "Oh I want to play and try out this game" and beat it within a good timeframe due to all these things I want to do and accomplish. You'll need to make choices here and there and abandon some things. Game projects are very draining and unless you are in a career with one, you'll probably only ever be able to accomplish one in your lifetime. I'm sure Desolation has taken its toll and Caz to the point it dropped for the sake of his health. He might have had to go cold turkey for the sake of not having second thoughts which would explain the silence. I can't really tell, but I'm sure he's out there somewhere doing fine nowadays.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Commander said:

I just was a little bored and glanced at the comments. It's more likely that he had burnout and not actual health problems. Could he have health problems or died? Absolutely, but we'll never be able to tell. Morbid story but this actually happened to a friend of mine in a different community which nobody knew what happened until their brother logged on and left a note in her user bio. I don't think he was particularly close to anyone here so we have no means of actually knowing the truth or even possibly knowing what Desolation was going to be like if it were continued.

From my very little research though, I highly doubt it's a health situation as to why Desolation is dormant. Caz is kind of busy and has a job which is near impossible to do and work on a game as the former is very demanding depending on the job and possible real life factors that need to be taken care of. If you want a better idea of how this works, I spent about 30-35 hours a week when I was really invested in Redux. This along with 30 hours of school, 30 hours of work, and 56 hours of sleep lead to a total of an imaginary 17 hours I'd need. The way I remedied this is by cutting back and dedicating certain days to certain activities, but that 30-35 hours is more like 5 hours in a single day if I'm lucky. You can't make a fan-game putting only 5 hours a week into it. Well you actually can but it'd take a very long time to accomplish very little. It's still very possible that Caz could be setting a small amount of time to work on it little by little but that's very unlikely.

You younger folks really take your amount of free time for granite because the older you get, the less you are going to have. I can't even go "Oh I want to play and try out this game" and beat it within a good timeframe due to all these things I want to do and accomplish. You'll need to make choices here and there and abandon some things. Game projects are very draining and unless you are in a career with one, you'll probably only ever be able to accomplish one in your lifetime. I'm sure Desolation has taken its toll and Caz to the point it dropped for the sake of his health. He might have had to go cold turkey for the sake of not having second thoughts which would explain the silence. I can't really tell, but I'm sure he's out there somewhere doing fine nowadays.

You're right, and that's fair. 

Also, I really enjoyed your Reborn Hardcore mod for E16. I feel like the Reborn staff have compensated for the new field effects by making boss battle teams weaker than back in the V9 - V11 days when I first started Reborn. Many of the gym battles (especially Florinia and Serra for me) were definitely more difficult back then and I feel like Hardcore did these battles justice by implementing better movesets and pokemon while still being fair/reasonable instead of relying on artificial difficulty such as overleveling or evasion. Reborn offers so many quality hidden gem Pokemon and strategies that I wouldn't have been pressured to discover until the Hardcore mod.

Hardcore Mod spoilers

Spoiler

While Hardcore was very intense, I still feel as if we had the tools (mons, TM's, items) to win with proper strategy. I would argue that a Mega Gengar in the 4th gym battle is a bit excessive, though I barely managed to beat Shade on my first try with Prankster dual screens + a few sucker punches from Guts burned Raticate, Crunch Ursaring, Knock Off Tangrowth, and my starter Greninja.

Turning Solaris and El into difficult but honest/fair 6v6battles instead of battling one over-leveled pokemon was another neat touch that I really enjoyed as well.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:43 PM, TeamPlayerSwampert said:

Fuck man, everytime this thread gets bumped I get my hopes up that Caz is back with V5 :/

@threeoneleads I believe the Crescent grunt theme is a remix of Final Fantasy VII battle theme vs Jenova but I'm not 100% sure. I hope you find it my dude

Yeah, It's Jenova. A Rock Remix to be exact.

I recognized the melody, typed in "J-E-N-O-V-A" Rock Remix, and found this. The Desolation version is slightly faster.

Join the Jenova's witness cult. Jenova is our one true lord.

• Upvote 1

I had a dream last night that reminded me of a random theory regarding the ending I had. There is not much basis but I thought of two things there being different planes of reality and that some characters can move between them, and that  a good portion of the populace are stuck in a dream world think inception already and they think its the real world but some like auroura know its not and wants to snap them out of it

Take your time Caz , no need to rush at all. Yeah we are all impatient to see the next episode but only you can decide when it will come out. Until that , we will be patient. 

Again , thank you for your awesome fan game , one of my favorite so far. You have all my support !

@Caz Your post is music to my ears. Good to know you are doing fine.  Med school is demanding, so cool thing you tend to that!  We are not going anywhere and we have lives too so don't push yourself more than would be healthy 🙂

@Caz Do ya thing man. Your game needs no explanation. It is, hands down, the best fan-game I've ever played. I know that all of us are anticipating the game's return, but, personal life's first. Get your best living situation before you jump into game dev.

You don't need to justify your reasons. Anyone's got their life circunstances going on,so it is only natural that your project got delayed,but it is great to know that you are still alive and well.

@Caz Keep up the good job! Real life comes first, just see this as a pleasant hobby and do it at the pace that suits you!

Besides, if it was possible for me to do a clean Bug monorun in your game, then it will be piece of cake for you to complete this eventually! 😄😉 

On 5/1/2018 at 1:23 AM, Caz said:

Desolation isn't dead. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I have good news either. I made the developers mistake of promising a deadline that was impossible for me to meet and for that, I'm incredibly sorry. 

I made this post to confirm a few things:

1) The fans here are truly incredible. The knowledge that my fan game hasn't died yet is truly humbling. I owe it to everyone here to give the best possible experience for the next Episode.

2) Yes, I said, "next Episode" which means Desolation isn't dead - it's coming (slowly).

3) University is rough - med school doesn't really give you any free time here, that is where my lack of time comes from.

I'm still working on the game. I will make further updates when things are coming up, otherwise, I won't really be on this forum too often.

Thanks again for the continued support. This fanbase is incredible - the attitude from the fans here really inspires me to keep going with this project ❤️

Bro you take you time your trying  to be a doctor saving lives is  more important than a fan game but thank you for notifying us about your situation.

Edited by Pokemonfan2012

On 4/30/2018 at 11:23 PM, Caz said:

Desolation isn't dead. However, that doesn't necessarily mean I have good news either. I made the developers mistake of promising a deadline that was impossible for me to meet and for that, I'm incredibly sorry. 

I made this post to confirm a few things:

1) The fans here are truly incredible. The knowledge that my fan game hasn't died yet is truly humbling. I owe it to everyone here to give the best possible experience for the next Episode.

2) Yes, I said, "next Episode" which means Desolation isn't dead - it's coming (slowly).

3) University is rough - med school doesn't really give you any free time here, that is where my lack of time comes from.

I'm still working on the game. I will make further updates when things are coming up, otherwise, I won't really be on this forum too often.

Thanks again for the continued support. This fanbase is incredible - the attitude from the fans here really inspires me to keep going with this project ❤️

It's good to see that you're still with us.

Well, like I said last time, we'll wait however long it takes. 😄

@Pluto Credit shop, yes. I don't recall 100%, but I think there's one or two you can find outside of the shop too, but late game. Might have fangames mixed up.