TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

31 minutes ago, Alisae said:

he can continue doing that until it stops being fun to watch like the pentaop

I think the difference between this and the penta-op is that Thamill only complains about things that are legit complaints. Plus he is making the most of the game. The penta-op complained about every little thing such as crits and stuff.

One would think he would've learned his lesson by now, but hey.....he somehow made it through the first gym.

But seriously.....he starts training his Pokémon, yet doesn't even train them properly... The Bidoof and the Woobat are still on same level they were caught.

Also, he could just have trained his Poochyena up to level 18, evolve it to Mightyena and he could have swept through Julias Pokémon practicly brain afk by just spamming Bite.

Weeeeellllll~ Ep.5 will tell us if he learned his lesson this time....

You don't even need to get to Shade, Shelly crushes anyone their first time around if they don't know what to expect. She's so much of a step above Julia, Florinia, and Corey it's unreal, probably the sharpest difficulty spike in the game in my opinion. (yes, even stuff like glass gauntlet, since this is relative to how difficult the game was before; none of the battles were really that scary outside of maybe Taka+ZEL, Shelly is what shows you what Reborn is about and it keeps it up till you get a breather with Radomus.) Going in blind is gonna be rough since you probably won't have a Fake Out user turn 1 or one of the small handful of pokemon that learns Rock Slide by level 35. Not to take away from the power of Shade, Aya (even Kiki isn't a slouch), and Serra (if you don't break her field and don't have moves that play well with it), though.

• Veterans
15 minutes ago, interdiction said:

You don't even need to get to Shade, Shelly crushes anyone their first time around if they don't know what to expect. She's so much of a step above Julia, Florinia, and Corey it's unreal, probably the sharpest difficulty spike in the game in my opinion. (yes, even stuff like glass gauntlet, since this is relative to how difficult the game was before; none of the battles were really that scary outside of maybe Taka+ZEL, Shelly is what shows you what Reborn is about and it keeps it up till you get a breather with Radomus.) Going in blind is gonna be rough since you probably won't have a Fake Out user turn 1 or one of the small handful of pokemon that learns Rock Slide by level 35. Not to take away from the power of Shade, Aya (even Kiki isn't a slouch), and Serra (if you don't break her field and don't have moves that play well with it), though.

Nah. Everything after Shelly up to Samson and Charlotte is a CAKEWALK in terms of actual objective difficulty IMO(even if I personally don't struggle with Shelly.) I'd actually take a stretch to say that Shelly is arguably the most potent doubles boss in the game, with every single one after her not coming ANYWHERE close to as safe, secure and well synergised as she is tbh. If he drops this nuzlocke, it'll either be because he choked vs Corey's Crobat or because Shelly got to him.

This guy isn't the brightest bulb in the box is he?

>haha why would anyone use a Common Candy it lowers a Pokemon's level, how useless

>oh no my Pokemon is too high level and won't listen to me!  Whatever will I do?  If only there was a workaround to this!

>oh hey cool the game handed me an explanation on field effects including one for the boss I'm about to fight

>lemme just not read it

Inb4 he continues to complain about a lack of grinding spots even after unlocking the re-battle trainers.  Although I don't think the game explicitly tells you about that so it'd be more understandable.

17 minutes ago, Candy said:

lol I'm impressed... by how one-man-army combusken is lol

the whole point of it is that it shuts down nearly every early game gym aside from Kiki, Florina, and Shelly

Honestly, I'm not too worried. 

I don't really think he's taken any nuzlocke seriously since the Alpha Sapphire Extreme Randomizer, but he's still humorous and as entertaining as ever. We can sit here taking bets on where he'll end up dying but regardless of where it happens, it'll be a good wake up call, and maybe afterwards he'll give us a season 2. 

Yeah, would be pretty much boring if he ended it after getting whipped by Taka+ZEL....

People always tend to say that Shelly is the one where difficulty starts going up a notch, but Taka+Zel might hit really hard if you are playing a nuzlocke on your first time.

He won't know what hit him. Especially if he doesn't start training all 6 members of his team soon.

I am highkey here for how wholesome his tension and reactions during the gym battle were
It's such a breather to watch someone play this game and not bitch about it every couple seconds, I'm genuinely enjoying this.
Yes, even if half the tension was from him misunderstanding how the disobeying thing works - it was fun to watch :]

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

that made it even more exciting lmao because he was making suboptimal plays because he thought it wouldn't listen also its fun to imagine the timeline if he was level 21 at Julia instead of 20 it could have easily have happened 

13 hours ago, ZEL said:

I am highkey here for how wholesome his tension and reactions during the gym battle were
It's such a breather to watch someone play this game and not bitch about it every couple seconds, I'm genuinely enjoying this.
Yes, even if half the tension was from him misunderstanding how the disobeying thing works - it was fun to watch :]

see this guy gets why this is actually a fun nuzlock to watch