Minor bugs V12

Zumi

I chose "Take a break" after the first virtual Elite 4 battle and when I started the next one, it used my player's actual team instead of the virtual one.
Continuing with or without a break afterward still used my actual team. I'm assuming this would happen no matter when I choose this option.
Continuing the whole way through without taking breaks uses the virtual team as expected.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, Joy said:

I chose "Take a break" after the first virtual Elite 4 battle and when I started the next one, it used my player's actual team instead of the virtual one.
Continuing with or without a break afterward still used my actual team. I'm assuming this would happen no matter when I choose this option.
Continuing the whole way through without taking breaks uses the virtual team as expected.

Hoo, boy, this one gets real weird. Let's start with the basics: in addition to enabling you to use your own pokemon, the glitch also removes the Glitch Field from the rest of the gauntlet. This admittedly doesn't do much mechanically (outside of Bruno's hitmonlee being to roll Swallow off of Metronome), but does enable the player to see that Koga and Bruno's sprites aren't properly cleared out, as shown below:

Spoiler

2pgWbdp.png

2i14NvQ.png

These errors are normally undetectable due to the Glitch Field's white background, so it's not that big a deal.

Furthermore, choosing to take a break between Karen and Lance resets Barbara's dialogue, forcing you to do the entire gauntlet all over again. It's a true reset, though, meaning that the Virtual Team and Glitch Field will be back up and functional as if it were the first time you played through that part of the sidequest. As a side effect, Will will always be fought as intended.

I've also had incident where I took advantage of the first break to swap around my party a bit, only to have the game restore the original lineup once I had beaten Lance. This turned my silvally and volcarona into other pokemon entirely, which... isn't exact a pleasant surprise. I haven't had much luck in recreating the error, however.

In a haunted field, Ghost Moves are super effective against Normal Types, and Flame Burst gains the Ghost Typing added to the Fire Typing. Flame Burst should therefore be super effective against Normal Types, shouldn't it? But thats not the case, as I saw in my newest Playthrough. (Flame Burst was Neutral against Marianettes Porygon2.)

Ok, I got a doozy for y'all. Just finished the Narcissa sidequest, but apparently it was supposed to be way longer than it actually was for me. Apparently the events start in her house in Goldenleaf, then something happens in Phasial Cave, then the West Gearen power plant or something? I'm guessing here, because somehow in the chaos of changing game versions, I managed to skip what was probably 2/3 of the whole thing and just accidentally ran into young Narcy at the Darchlight Manor to begin it. Everything went normally from there and the quest finished, buuuut that apparently means that I never unlocked the Lost Castle or certain parts of the West Gearen plant, and the rewards for the whole thing aren't available. 

Spoiler

Googled it, apparently the rewards are Rotom and a department store sticker. I don't really care about the Rotom, but I gotta get dem stickers. I've attached my savefile, anyone mind going in there and editing to add +1 sticker? 

Game.rxdata

The berry emporium in gearen doesn't seem to expand its stock no matter how many badges the player has. Past documentation said that it did expand, so I'm assuming this to be an oversight. Unless only carrying oran and pecha berries forever is working as intended, in which case, whoops sorry for the false report.

After getting to this point I can't use the "A" button to switch to Aelita or Ren anymore, which results in being stuck.

I guess I moved too far with my own character without going forward with Aelita and Ren
image.png.bdb58f31e0e70f5a709d49955de36263.png

Edited by Jobever
Help with savegame not supposed to be here

Honestly? Not sure where this should go but I'll put it here.

In regards to Eclysia Pyramid, specifically the First Section of 'Coloured Paths', I'm stuck, and yes I know about the Map Patch, that won't save the MU from their fate here, effectively, I cannot leave the Map as I cannot return backwards, and I cannot switch to Ren or Aelita to change the Coloured Tiles, thus... kinda stuck without a hope here.

Halp.png