Minor bugs V12

Zumi

Protect doesn't fail in single battles when it isn't the first thing done (for example when the opponent switches out or uses an item); not sure how this canonically works in doubles

While walking around in the east side of Neo Gearen, my team randomly reset to where it was a couple of levels ago, including writing in pokemon I had deposited into the PC over pokemon currently in my party (so I got some duplicates and permanently lost some pokemon.) This happened pretty soon after I used the glitch to deposit one of Ren's pokemon in my PC, in my first time in Neo Gearen

I don't know if this is intended, but during cutscenes when the player is following scripted movement you can pull up the quicksave menu and save. This is usually actually a helpful feature to skip some dialogue when soft resetting for fights, but autosave also seems to be able to take advantage of this window, which can be really annoying

It seems pretty easy to softlock around the Blacksteeple fight with Madelis - if you lose you get taken back to your cell, and if you leave the cell you automatically get taken into the fight with no chance to change your party. I'm not sure if there's a hidden mechanism to fix this, as I haven't played with it too much

- all mons on snowy mountain do x1.5 more damage due to the long reach field interactions conditions not being put into parenthesis properly (currently it reads
long reach and mountain
or
snowy mountain)
- same applies to fairy tale field due to the queenly majesty interaction not having parenthesis
- refering to a previous report about partner AI in multibattles not having their items, same applies to opponents in multibattles, most notable in the valor mountain battle against geara & Zetta, zetta's silvally does not have the silvally crests effects
- mist & misty terrain do not change the dragon's den field to fairy tale, like the field manual claims, they actually just do their normal effects of creating misty terrain

Not sure if this has been posted here yet(since spoilers might be in this thread), but ever since the Snag Machine got fixed in Chapter 5(iirc. Whenever post-Blacksteeple was, basically), I just have not been able to snag any shadow pokemon. They're basically treated as normal pokemon in battle in-game.

- Dazzling and Queenly Majesty don't protect their double Battle allies from priority, as they should
- Strength Sap on bewitched woods (field number 42) doesn't lower special attack as noted, the effect is attached to corrupted cave (field number 41)
EDIT: because imagine double posting
- Rage Powder is +3 priority when as of gen 6 it should be +2, and more importantly currently ghost type pokemon are wrongfully immune to rage powder, and grass types are not (when they should be)

• 2 weeks later...

Found an interesting bug. If you give the nightmare medallion to Annabel before you enter Nightmare City, you can talk to here and she will immediately take you to the toy box to talk to zetta. After which you can go up to fight the puppet masters. Completely skipping the entire part of walking around Nightmare City and the final zetta fight. I’m not sure if this would count as an actual bug but it certainly seems unintentional.

Edit: new findings, alieta is now in two years paces at once. Also, going back to central square fixes the problem.

Spoiler

1177DD22-35A6-4D35-95FD-2F0A818FAE7B.jpeg

239BADC6-47D8-45F4-8650-25230AB5CC52.jpeg

F8CE2A36-3824-42D3-938A-5A9691EB5927.jpeg

Edited by HelpMiiPlease

• 2 weeks later...

So I found a weird bug, it's the one that at times some mons will evolve when you add them to your party, like cubone or Lickitung for a couple examples, but i just found out it can happen to shadow mons as i just caught the shadow chinchou and after adding it to the party it instantly evolved

UH.PNG

• 5 weeks later...

so funny thing:
i reported a while ago that desert's mark's chip damage bypasses magic guard, well this is true, but apparently this issue affects all trapping moves (fire spin, whirlpool ect)

magic guard doesn't protect against the field damage from volcanic field (and dragon's den with volcanic as base field)
Edit: Secret Power on Bewitched woods causes an error message if the additional effect selected is poison because the poison function is missing an argument.

• 2 weeks later...

On Route 4, while the Nim event is active, when standing on tile in a down right diagonal position from her character, she will rapidly look up and left

image.thumb.png.1c022365506bd6ca4b2d70715a64164b.png

the same goes with the upper part too, when Nim is positioned like this and you're standing in a up right diagonal tile from her, the same thing will happen, except she looks down and left

image.thumb.png.7b3450ff9d947d404719e8b76f0ba7ec.png

I assume she is normally supposed to walk up and down seeing as whenever I got from up to down she walks to the other side but I don't think the rapid looking is supposed to happen.

Found three minor things:

1. In Nightmare City, when engaging with Zetta in front of Central Building, if you are walking on the row of tiles closest to the Central Building (platform) your character gets stuck walking against a wall when trying to reach Aelita.

2. Typo when talking to the old woman in Scholar District: acheivements (see attached file); also: doesn't it make more sense if she would say 'a time when' instead of 'a time where'?

acheivements.PNG

3. The correct spelling of 'gist' is with a 'g', not 'j'.

jist.PNG

Okay i am here with some fun ones this time:
1. Status applications caused by T-spikes, yawn or synchronize cause an error message due to an undefined value. when they are blocked by abilities or field interactions (basically anything that causes a message). this seems to be because these messages have an "if showMessage" attached, which in the status application functions for synchronize, yawn and t-spikes isn't an argument given to the function (for most cases in yawn "if showMessage" is already commented out, so ig this issue came up before, but wasn't fully fixed for every case it can happen in)
2. Normal moves converted by aerilate can't hit through shedninja's wonder guard, it seems to consider them still normal typed for that purpose
3. For the Incinerate TM there is no learn list no mon actually learns the move via TM as far as i can tell ( the move doesn't seem to be in the TM PBS at all)
4. this one is about AI behaviour, unlike for other screens, user of arenite wall will happily use arenite wall repeatedly when faced with brick break/Psychic fangs, if the brick breaker is slower than the arenite wall setter this can get the AI stuck in an endless loop of setting wall and getting hit by brick break (disregard this one, i accidentally had the game on 12.1 for that, on 12.2 this doesn't happen)

Two of the Bladestar grunts in Darchlight Cave vanish when standing on any tile in the column my character is in and every column to the right, except for the top ones of their respective columns. Some of the tiles below the top one make the top grunt vanish.

image.thumb.png.7bc0917d479a16da2459e9efcd5fb7da.png

While standing on this tile, if you check the tiles around you, all four adjacent tiles bring up a dialogue box saying "Central Station.", the dialogue box does not appear if you stand on a different tile and check the tiles that bring up the box.

image.thumb.png.e474f925e1dcb9655e3bf2bf4f8a90a2.png

- Z moves seem to bypass sashes and similar items (say rampardos crest)
- Endure's priority bracket isn't up to date with current mechanics, it should be +4 (as of gen V) it currently is +3 (essentials default i am guessing?)
- Zoom lens has no script at all, it doesn't do anything
- Silvally doesn't turn Dark type on blessed field or ???-type on glitch field, there is no scriptline that even attempts to do so

1. In the safari zone, when first throwing a rock and next throwing a ball from which the Pokémon escapes, the image moves to the right bottom of the screen. Happened with Lickitung and Alolan Graveler.

2. HM02 Fly is not sorted correctly.

3. In the third screenshot, 'stablized' should be 'stabilized'.

4. I'm assuming that in the dialogue in the fourth screenshot a 'be' is missing (It'd probably [be] best if ...)

safari zone - rock.PNG

fly.PNG

stablized.PNG

be best.PNG

On 10/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, tguy4001 said:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet(since spoilers might be in this thread), but ever since the Snag Machine got fixed in Chapter 5(iirc. Whenever post-Blacksteeple was, basically), I just have not been able to snag any shadow pokemon. They're basically treated as normal pokemon in battle in-game.

Happened to me too

Found some typo's and spelling mistakes:

Most of them are pretty straightforward

Zebstrika, not Zebsrtika Zebsrtika.PNG.594ff8afae95f3269d1f03283f071a21.PNG

I instead of it it.PNG.b3c00c93bf9ffc8bdbe4b4dd0aa8d50c.PNG

Autumn is capitalized for no reasonAutumn.PNG.829737bb79270b648de5ca277ddcc00e.PNG

portrayed, not potrayedpotrayed.PNG.a26cf6946c3a21fef0f00b7f1b2e5fbe.PNG

weird, not wierd wierd.PNG.e861611f3b63c78167be5a6816c2c686.PNG

Pokemon is not capitalized pokemon.PNG.8a245a72fd0539d4c2ea2fc790b80d7d.PNG

and the last one is kind of funny: Kimono girl Efi is supposed to sound French, saying things like 'Au revoir'. However, when she should be saying "Oui" (Yes), it's spelled 'Oi', making her sound Australian :P Happens four times: oi.PNG.d5a4e011dd424d4ae9e1ca8daaa1d057.PNGoi2.PNG.90e5268b4f8b49a80f9e459ff6b2e677.PNGoi3.PNG.941787752a180d0dc96528df66770664.PNGoi4.PNG.4227d8f0f3d98908449c4548a5317238.PNG

Edit: two more:

receives instead of recieves recieves.PNG.65f9a4c7b5f8bf3d3990b8190e5ec256.PNG

There's something going wrong with Last Resort. I have been able to use it without first having used my other moves. Happened on Route 9, both when using Ambipom and Aipom (two different Pokémon, not the same but evolved - don't know whether that makes a difference).

last resort bug (nasty plot 1, fake out 8, tail slap 1).PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Truant'interacts incorrectly with sleep.

How it should work: Your sleep counter goes down every turn until you wake up, You should also be able to attack the turn you wake up provided you didn't use Snore/Sleep Talk the turn prior

How it's currently working: You loaf around every other turn, and during these turns your sleep counter doesn't decrease. and you won't wake up. This means you can be asleep for ~5-6 turns max.