Minor bugs V12

Zumi

I'm experiencing an anomaly with the move Rollout in Amethyst Cave. 

I've just started shiny hunting Meditite and have naturally encountered Geodudes. 
Against my Mighyena when the wild Geodudes use Rollout, on one of it's 5 possible turns it doesn't land and gives me the text: "It doesn't effect Dusk". 
This has occurred twice so far, the first time on the first turn and the second time was on the second turn. 
It doesn't seem like this is a natural occurrence whist in the Crystal Cave field, though I've not tried it as a Rollout user myself. I don't like Rollout.  

Whilst I'm on the subject, in the Nim battle, Sucker Punch didn't effect Espurr but effected Lunatone and Quick Attack didn't effect Inkay. 
We go into this battle with no knowledge of her field so I just want to check, is that natural?

8 hours ago, Devilish said:

I'm experiencing an anomaly with the move Rollout in Amethyst Cave. 

I've just started shiny hunting Meditite and have naturally encountered Geodudes. 
Against my Mighyena when the wild Geodudes use Rollout, on one of it's 5 possible turns it doesn't land and gives me the text: "It doesn't effect Dusk". 
This has occurred twice so far, the first time on the first turn and the second time was on the second turn. 
It doesn't seem like this is a natural occurrence whist in the Crystal Cave field, though I've not tried it as a Rollout user myself. I don't like Rollout.  

Whilst I'm on the subject, in the Nim battle, Sucker Punch didn't effect Espurr but effected Lunatone and Quick Attack didn't effect Inkay. 
We go into this battle with no knowledge of her field so I just want to check, is that natural?

The Crystal Cavern field makes it so Rock moves become randomly either Fire, Water, Grass, or Psychic type, so that would explain why Rollout sometimes wouldn't affect Mightyena. Moves like Sucker Punch and Quick Attack shouldn't work against Nim because Psychic Terrain disables priority moves, though I'm not sure why it would affect Lunatone (unless the field was changed when you used it against Lunatone).

2 hours ago, silverlime said:

The Crystal Cavern field makes it so Rock moves become randomly either Fire, Water, Grass, or Psychic type, so that would explain why Rollout sometimes wouldn't affect Mightyena. Moves like Sucker Punch and Quick Attack shouldn't work against Nim because Psychic Terrain disables priority moves, though I'm not sure why it would affect Lunatone (unless the field was changed when you used it against Lunatone).

Perfect, TY for the info. 

As for the Lunatone incident, no, the field never changed. I don't currently even have field changing moves in this game. I would call that a lucky glitch but it took me 3 attempts to beat her and that occurred during one of the failed ones. 😅

After using an escape rope inside the ruins in Carotos Mountain, my character is stuck facing upward permanently. I reverted to a previous save and attempted to replicate the bug but was unsuccesful.

So I found out that my Decidueye sometimes misses a 100% accurate attack, has anyone else noticed this before? I've never had it happen with other pokemon, but it happens like 10% of all attacks my decidueye does (with moves such as pluck, leaf blade, sucker punch or spirit shackle). And when it happens, there are no other factors that should have an effect on the accuracy of his moves.

9 hours ago, Rokusho said:

So I found out that my Decidueye sometimes misses a 100% accurate attack, has anyone else noticed this before? I've never had it happen with other pokemon, but it happens like 10% of all attacks my decidueye does (with moves such as pluck, leaf blade, sucker punch or spirit shackle). And when it happens, there are no other factors that should have an effect on the accuracy of his moves.

Long Reach reduces accuracy by 10% on Forest Field, so it might be related to that?

Anyway, error with Emergency Exit works (because the official games are more inconsistent about it 🙃)

So how it works in the official games is if passive damage brings it below 50% it should immediately trigger even if holding a sitrus berry or something like that (and still consumes the berry). But if an attack is what brings it down and it recovers over 50% before it reaches its turn it stays in. Instead in rejuv, it always retreats.

7 hours ago, Paperblade said:

Long Reach reduces accuracy by 10% on Forest Field, so it might be related to that?

You're totally right, apparently i never saw this in the field effect manual. Makes kind of sense I guess. Thanks!

All dialogue in grand dream city skips without pressing enter. Moves too fast to read anything.

**Getting into a battle fixed it

Another one: if you go to the left before entering the dream yard in between the trees and the little cliff you can hit enter at the end and surf on land. Doesn't really effect anything, but a bug nonetheless.

Edited by aaddNN
FIXED + new one

I was talking to an NPC and my game closed for a script error.  It was saved before closing and now I can't move or do anything when the game is loaded.  Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?  Attached is my game data.

Game.rxdata

I'm playing through for the first time finally, so I'll prolly have a handful of tile/npc things in a week or two, but for now...
Dunno if it's been reported before (searching "shiny" doesn't yield any applicable results)

Catching a shiny pokemon when paired up with a partner (in this case, Aelita before getting the second badge) does not count toward the "catch shiny pokemon" achievement.

On the subject of achievements, you get a point for "Friendship is magic" every time a pokemon hits 255 friendship, which means you get credited again if that pokemon drops to 254 then goes up to 255, repeatable ad nauseam.  Don't really know anything to suggest for that one.

I choose to hand over the magma stone, when i went to Caratos mountain, i could not encounter kyogre, so i went ahead and activated the calmness crystal and still cannot encounter kyogre. Is this normal if you chose to hand over stone? or is it a bug? 

Game.rxdata

• 3 weeks later...

PC Healing is inconsistent: When selecting "Store", the Pokemon will be healed, but when selecting "Move" and "Place", the Pokemon will not be healed.

Also, Unnerve from my Houndoom didn't prevent an opposing Pelipper from eating its Wacan Berry when an electric move was used against it by Houndoom's partner.

Also you might consider changing the priority on these door tiles to 3 so that the player always remains under them:

image.thumb.png.301f8d6e2816a8c34305eb5afca31b7c.png

• Veterans

Hey! Just wanted to let you all know that I've gone and listed every single bug in this thread in a document so we can go over them and fix them for V13 (or at least the ones we know that haven't been fixed yet). Azery is currently going over the Major bugs thread as well. Sorry for the negligence as a whole of the troubleshooting forum, we're working on it!

I've noticed that the Oricorio Crest doesn't seem to work the way it's probably intended to. It gives a 25% boost to SpAtk and Spd, but it only seems to work for the first turn or two that it's out. When I use my Oricorio in double battles with a partner pokemon who would be faster than it without Oricorio's crest, my Oricorio outspeeds the partner pokemon for the first turn or two (like it should because of the crest), but after that, the partner pokemon outspeeds it for the rest of the battle. It also feels like the SpAtk buff probably disappears too. I've only tested it with Oricorio's ghost form, so it might just be a bug that keeps the crest from working with all forms.

After this interaction, cinematic bars are permanently stuck on:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a802ee574136e743087303fff6f1d8b8.png

image.thumb.png.53ba432eced98fde35825bca87bf19c8.png

After these people tell you to go away when first encountering them, if you use Rock Climb to get up there, they don't say anything if you talk to them.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.61a4be20a996a0f46c70456f8577dab4.png

You can walk over this ledge below the player even though the stairs are to the left (both are passable):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4ec10eb5a01641ca26ca8b9863fa2b67.png

Perhaps this sofa tile should appear over the player:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cdc805c8a7635e9d05e4382a46291a96.png

Soooo some more funny move bugs:
-Arenite wall isn't ignored by crits unlike light screen or reflect, and i think infiltrator might not apply either
-Spectral thief doesn't remove the opponents stat stages so it basically just copies them
-Hyperspace Fury: OH BOI,
 it's currently classified as a Psychic move when it's supposed to be a Dark move,
 it currently drops the targets defense after the attack, when it canonically is supposed to drop the Users defense,
also as a side note the second battle against rift gardevoir on all difficulties (Gardevoir, 103, 3 & 203 respectively) was given this move, which causes 2 issues:
1. rift gardevoir can't use the move as it's currently implemented that only hoopa unbound can use it
2. due to it being classified as a psychic move, the intense and normal versions cannot use their darkinium Z (as they don't have a dark move to use it with)

Edited by Falirion