Minor bugs V12

Zumi

Tile error in the River's End Lab:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.03208bac5074521fa2f9f03992294319.png

Also, the Cofagrigus in the Saki housesitting quest doesn't make any moves at all.

If you activate the dark crystal again in Darchlight Caves, Florin's speech about the mirror is repeated:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6fcdd5360fb25075ffeaa21e2c488044.png

Spoiler

1. Just before the fight with Ryland at Eclysia Piramid, I left the area to get a new pokemon for my team. Because of the explosion at GDC, the city is under lockdown. I got into the city by using the claydol. Don't know if this is an oversight, because the city is supposedly under assault by team bladestar but everything seems normal.  Also you can use the city gates to leave, but your sprite is overlapping with the police officers who are blocking those gates on the outside. Not that I am complaining. If I couldn't get into the city training my new pokemon would have been a drag. 

2. At the safari zone there is a vileplume. When I captured it, the pokemon was still there. In evergreen forest it happened with a buneary that blocked of the staircase to a hidden item (= a seed). This bug happened mutiple times.

3. Not really a bug, but the map lacks location names. Especially the map of GDC.

4. When you look through your maps:
- in GDC: The map of the city is available, but if you change the maps, the map of the city can only be opened if you close your map and reopen it. 
- outside of GDC: The map of the city is unavailable 
(I know you can't actually fly to a location in the city from the outside, because of the glass dome, but it would be useful.)

back again.
as a continuation of the bug i reported a while ago about pikachu evolving into the wrong raichu form under certain circumstances, (see earlier post) another problem with pikachu line evolutions. if one breeds an alolan raichu the pichu that hatches from that egg is form 1 which causes the pichu to be unable to evolve for some reason, and even if it were able to, the resulting form 1 pikachu would always evolve into alola raichu, seems like it inherits raichu's form.
this bug may extend to other similar situations aswell (for example cubone) i have not tested other cases besides raichu -> pichu

additionally while i may have talked about these cases on the discord i don't think i ever officialy reported them so:
Venam's Kiss has a staggering 95 PP but a 0% chance to poison, also it is not a contact move (while this was never claimed to be the case, it seems odd for a kiss move to not make contact)
Spectral Scream: is classified as a contact move which seems odd (a scream/sound making contact?)
Multipulse: is also classified as a contact move which again, seens strange considering the animation and discription of the move (also despite the name not classified as a "Pulse" move, (to work with mega launcher for example), but given it's nature as a gym leader sig this part is probably unnecessary)
Thunder Pulse: as above not classified as a "pulse" move but again, may be unneccessary anyway
Heavenly Wing: does not make contact, though this one may be meant to not make contact, but thought i'd mention it anyway
Desert's Mark: the sandtomb damage from this seems to bypass magic guard (this is a 3rd hand report so not entirely sure)

Shift/Temporal shift, these abilities are traceable, overwriteable and supressable, while similar abilities (power construct), are canonically not, in fact if i remember right power construct is currently also supressable in rejuvenation

sky field: the field notes note the flying boost as x1.3 but it's actually a x1.5 boost, also cloud nine despite the field notes claiming it being able to remove strong winds, can in fact not remove strong winds

Shadow Beldum can be purified like a normal shadow pokemon (even though it is supposed to be harder to purifiy for being an ace shadow)

damn me for not reporting this stuff when i found it, completly slipped my mind, and now i am unsure if i forgot something, well will post more if i remember more

I found a few more bugs recently (sorry, not sure if some of these have already been found):

1. You can get all of Ren's Pokemon when you play as him if you send his to the PC when catching new ones

2. Rage Powder doesn't seem to work properly, as it failed to redirect a Shadow Ball from a Palossand on Desert Field

3. If you use a Revive on a Pokemon when you have only 1 left in doubles, this happens:

Spoiler

image.png.c8d7e946c35554bb4de9f8836f95e904.png

4. You can trigger an event early in the Narcissa quest if you go to the house on past Route 5 and open the locked door even if you haven't started the quest yet. It also brings you back to Goldenleaf earlier than should be possible I believe.

There's something wrong with the last npc in the virtual badge quest (West Gearen City). After you defeat any E4 member he asks you whether you want to continue or take a break. If you choose to take a break and then talk to the npc again to continue the quest you are able to skip the part of the event where your team gets replaced with the virtual team and the field is set to glitch field, which will allow you to use your actual team against the virtual E4. On top of that, if you choose to take a break right before the champion, it will reset the whole event and make you start from the first E4 member (the problem with that one seems to be that the league progress variable that is supposed to store how many E4 members you have defeated is set to += 4 instead of being set to 4).

Movebug:
Ice Fang has a 10% effectchance in the PBS, but the function itself already has a 10% chance for both effects, which effectively makes ice fang only have 1% chance to freeze and a 1% chance to flinch

Edited by Falirion

Guest Deformedgoat02

For the puppet master gym battle the trainer with the brozong never attacked or did any moves except for his musharna, im playing on the game z exe if that changes anything. it was like he was asleep and it just skipped the turn

- Will-o-Wisp bypasses substitute, pretty sure it's specifically wisp, as other status moves do get blocked by sub,
- Shadow Blast is classified as special, it should be physical
- Metronome can call animation placeholders and some other moves it should not be able to (for example protect and similar moves, apparently several legendary signature moves are blacklisted in canon games aswell, although i don't really see a reason to for those)

Edited by Falirion

Hello, I'm not sure how to explain this well but I'm having this glitch where maps are kinda overlapping? I've first had this issue in Wispy Path, then it carried on to Route 3, River's End, Route 11, Safari Zone and will probably persist on to other larger maps. I hope someone can help me with this. Cheers! 🙂

p.s. Below are screencaps from Route 11.

mapglitch.png

mapglitch2.png

Game.rxdata

There are a few things wrong with this code segment:

if (thismove.id == PBMoves::LAVASURF || thismove.id == PBMoves::LAVAPLUME ||
             thismove.id == PBMoves::ERUPTION)
            $febackup = 6
            $fefieldeffect = 6
            @battle.pbChangeBGSprite
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("The flate ignited the cave!"))
          end

If you can't tell, this changes the cave field to the Big Top Arena (6), when it should change it to Volcanic Field (7). There's also a typo with "flate".

Also you guys seem to have coded in Field transformations doubly. The transformations under "# FIELD TRANSFORMATIONS 1" are for status moves and the transformations under "# FIELD TRANSFORMATIONS 2" are for damaging moves I believe (as discovered from my own testing and looking at how Reborn coded these), but you guys put all moves in both sections for the rejuvenation specific field transformations.

In the AI, calls to "lastMoveUsed" aren't updated for rejuvenation's PBS and still use numbers from reborn (not sure why they don't just use PBMoves::MOVENAME). For example, in Crafty Shield's AI, this line is used: "if attacker.lastMoveUsed==565" (decreases the score if this is the case). In reborn's PBS, this is the move ID for crafty shield, but in rejuvenation's, it is the ID for the move Electric Terrain.

Huey,1 & 201
in addition to kecleon, gogoat and palossand have ability flag 2 set, but only abilities for 0 & 1 defined, causing a random ability

For some reason a few moves show up twice in the PBS (ignoring moves like future sight, that have to be present twice) namely:
Diamond Storm, Dragon Ascent, Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, Steam Eruption, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves
Note that an earlier report of thousand arrows not hitting levitate users is caused by this apparently Rift hippos use thousand arrows with the move ID 674, which isn't checked for when deciding if levitate negates the move
Thousand arrows with the move ID 664 hits levitate mons as it should (it should still be changed to spread)

When I encounter a pokemon in the safari zone, a message pops up that says:

Script 'Settings' line 0:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'ability' for

#<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0x13043738>

Then, the game would crash

I know this is small, but can someone help?

Edited by hi1753

23 hours ago, hi1753 said:

When I encounter a pokemon in the safari zone, a message pops up that says:

Script 'Settings' line 0:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'ability' for

#<PokeBattle_FakeBattler:0x13043738>

Then, the game would crash

I know this is small, but can someone help?

this is not a bug for the main game, this is a bug with a mod, specifically the stat and type icons from the modpack (the modpack has this bug noted btw) just don't have these 2 mods active when you need to do something in the safari zone.

anyway while i am here:
-shedninja is still avoiding normal type moves on blessed field via wonder guard (normal moves are super effective against ghost on blessed and should hit)
-also if a multihit moves triggers a focus sash, the sash will work against every hit of the multihit move (so for example sashed shedninja will live all 5 hits of a rockblast)
-this is a little bit of a strange one, while battling the police gauntlet i noticed 2 things:
 1. on the turn a pokemon wakes up from sleep it cannot be flinched, as a my pokemon (who came in with a sleep on the verge of waking) was getting fake'd out and still used it's move
 2. and this is the tricky one, substitute seems to prevent stat lowering even after it gets broken, but not always, i used substitute against gumshoe and miles (aka intimidate spam: the battle) and even after breaking the substitute their intimidates would not lower my attack, until one of my mons used a buffing move (dragon dance) then this mon was affected by intimidate, the other one still wasn't.

edit: and now for something really minor
in hiyoshi city ren's silvally (formerly zetta's silvally) zepto, is not nicknamed, it is also not shiny, which it should be (all of ren's mons use the player's trainer ID aswell but that is really going to deep into the details)
similar applies to nightmare city zetta's silvally
melia's mimikyu and snorlax are also not nicknamed while playing as her in the scholar district library

Edited by Falirion

Ok, I am not sure how to move a picture from my phone here, but here is what is going on.

I am very confused right now.  First, (And I have a picture) it told me an AI trainer was going to send in "Bumpastumper" Which is a nickname I gave a Pokemon. Then I swap Pokemon preparing in case the glitch actually sent out my Phantump. Now I don't have a picture for the other thing I am going to mention, as it sent in their pokemon, It said sent in Jellicent, and it sent in an untransformed Zoaroark.

Any idea what just happened?

All right this one is juicy, since it relates to Silvally crest and (more importantly) the AI just fucking kill me already

Okay first off: AI partner trainers don't have their usable items (potions, silvally crest etc.) at all seems like their "inventory" (aka the @item array) isn't getting initialized, so for example the several instances where ren is a partner and has silvally that silvally isn't crested despite the PBS having a silvcrest as an item for him.

then we have the Silvally crest itself and how AI interacts with it:
1. the AI seems to apply the silvally crests Stab boost to itself for selecting the moves (causing wildly different behaviour between the player having a silvally crest and them not having one) if the player has a silvally crest in their bag, no matter if the mon is silvally or not.
example of this would be for instance this:
The 2nd battle of the bladestar grunt gauntlet in the pyramid has reina as the players partner, she leads her ribombee, this ribombee usually always clicks sticky web. turn1 (i have literally never seen it use something else)
now if they player has a silvally crest in their bag ribombee suddenly decides that it should bugbuzz the meowstic turn 1, every time, which doesn't kill (it does about 80%) without fail
and this continues and affects opponents aswell, if the player has a silvally crest the AI heavily favors hitting things with their stab
unknown.png
this is a message i hooked into the AIs stab check, it played about 20ish times per turn, even without a player on the field (the sableye is ren) it just to confirm that the AI just assumes silvally crest stab if the player has silvally crest in their bag, on any mon, no matter what

2. and on the reverse the AI does not seem to know it's stab is boosted if it uses silvally crest itself (without the player having a silvally crest anyway)
now this i am less sure of but i am still think to this be the case, in the process of testing point 1 i hooked a message to the AIs stab modifier check, now battling zetta (Zetta,208: the valor mountain team) this message never came up, not even with silvally on the field, which makes me think that the AI if it has a silvally crest does not in fact know about the STAB boost, (pretty confident it knows about the abilities, normal vally definetly decided clicking return on ghosts was a worthwhile thing before, which with the crest it is)

also:
gogoat's sprite has an empty pixel in it's eye, the screenshot above should kinda show it, the dark green pixel in gogoat's eye

Edited by Falirion

Related to the above, I experienced a very weird situation with Silvally Crest in the G/Z fight.

I was on regular 12.2 with debug. In particular, I was using Falirion's personal scripts file that has 12.2, the strength bug fix, debug, and mod support.

I was using Rift Aelita as my Pokemon (in my attempt to solo run Rejuv. Not sure if me using this whack mon has anything to do with it but might as well mention it). On Turn 1, Zetta spent the turn using the Silvally crest. A text box popped up saying "Zetta used Silvally crest" and then he didn't use an attack on that turn.

This happened a while ago so my memory might be a bit foggy, but I jotted down notes about this fight right immediately after it finished and that's what my notes say, and those notes match what I remember happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so just now I was fighting crawli
In the end it was my incineroar out and I used a revive on lycanrock 
As soon as incineroar went down the game glitched and sent out lycanrock without even showing the Pokemon select screen 
And lycanrock remained invisible for the rest of the fight even though I could select his moves
It didn't crash or anything but is this bug known?
Sorry I forgot to screencap it

• 2 weeks later...