Savefile Troubleshooting V12

Zumi

Game_2.rxdata

OK so I was in Zone Zero completing the Abandoned Apartment puzzle when it occurred to me to do a humorous Meme Maneuver and walk back to the ship as Aelita and drop all her pokemon in my PC. The exploit worked the first time but the second time I performed it I ended up softlocking my game - the Player Character has despawned from the area where I'm meant to switch back into them to use Blast Powder - and my specified backup save file count was too low so I screwed myself out of undoing it. My friends proceeded to mock me savagely for this karmic justice. That's where I left the attached save file.

I attempted game overing with Aelita to regain PC control and then warping around with the use of the debug scripts AFTER this save file to skip ahead in terms of story flags. That seemed to work at first but it later 1. made it impossible to switch to Ren or Aelita in the Pyramid Puzzle, and 2. started screwing with the AI in the boss fights later on (Flora's Torterra and Kieren's Gliscor would not take action, and then the game straight up crashed at the Delpha/Adam fight). I also ended up having to cut out a bunch of the story which sucked. So anyway that's a dead end.

I'm fully willing to release my ill-gotten Aelita pokemon if a dev would be magnanimous enough to reset whatever variable may have caused my player character to despawn. Bless.

And needless to say I rolled my backup file count up to 90. Just In Case.

EDIT: Update, I solved my own problem. It turns out that several of the issues I was experiencing were actually a product of my own incompetence and not sequence breaking. First of all, I was unable to switch between characters in the pyramid because I didn't realize that the suggested key A I had actually rebound to F (my autosort) and not K (my 'accept'). So that was unrelated to the blast powder issue. Second of all, the fights at the top of the pyramid were glitching because I was using the V11 Debug Script and not the V12.2 script (which would explain the improper arguments). With these things corrected I was able to warp past my broken story point, and continue and resolve the quest line. Yeehaw. My only regret is that I was unable to fight Tuff Puff.

The exploit with obtaining Aelita's team, and potentially infinite duplicates of it, remains though. As much as it pains me (as someone who enjoys glitched runs), you might want to correct that in V13. I will say that her Goodra makes breeding perfect IV Garchomp much easier. Alright, that's all. Thanks for the amazing game gang

Apologies in advance, but I just wanted to get this sidequest done. I know it isn't a major thing and Spiritomb isn't the best mon in the game but i'd rather get this done so I don't have to worry about it. I've never really had to ask for help like this before so I added a picture of the issue as well as the last save data.

If there is any other file I was supposed to upload rather than the one I included or I uploaded this in the wrong place please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Annotation 2020-07-16 223515.png

LastSave.dat

Hello! I seem to be having trouble at the start of chapter 13. Erin doesn't show up at the entrance to the scholar district on route 9, so I can't progress the plot. I've been following guides and trying to use backup files, but nothing seems to work. If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.  

Game_2.rxdata

Edited by mflash086
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for double posting!)

Hello, I'm not sure how to explain this well but I'm having this glitch where maps are kinda overlapping? I've first had this issue in Wispy Path, then it carried on to Route 3, River's End, Route 11, Safari Zone and will probably persist on to other larger maps. I hope someone can help me with this. Cheers! 🙂 

p.s. Below are screencaps from Route 11.

mapglitch.png

mapglitch2.png

Game.rxdata

Hello, I beat Rift Aelita and I am unable to progress further in the story as Erin and Melia are not appearing on the way down to the Scholar District. I've tried resetting my save file to before I beat Rift Aelita, but that hasn't helped either. Without that interaction, they don't show up at the library, and I can't progress.

Any help/save manipulation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and effort in advance.

Game.rxdata

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently stuck on the transmitter bug, this is the save file before the last save after deleting the other save file, i have been having trouble making it work, could it be possible that I made a mistake? Knowing me and technology, i thought it said delete the current save file from the game, and i did, could that be why im not allowed to make this work? I am about to pull my hair out

Game.rxdata

Hello!

I'm having the same issue that I saw couple people having. After I win SOUTA and go to HoH (end of Chapter 12) when I go down towards the School District I see no Erin on the entrance through Route 9. Since this is my first time playing Chapter 13 I was not aware of the bug, so I just entered the School District and even explore sections of the desert looking where the Story would progress. The problem I've is I never saw Erin at the door, not activating the scene that would send me towards the library, therefore not beeing able to progress on the main story.

I heard the solution for this would be to go before I ever went to Route 9 and re-do everything without going to the tournament area ever. Sadly in Hardcore mode and for me, being a bit casual when it comes to Pokemon that means a lot of gameplay again. I was wondering if it was possible to place Erin on the entrance to Route 9 or at least skip that scene and send her towards the library so I can continue the gameplay.

If it wouldn't be possible then maybe, I'll come back to the game later at some point and lower difficulty to rush through and try without ever going into the tournament, and test if that's actually  the problem I've had.

Thanks in advance.

(I'm using V12.2)

Game_2.rar

Edited by GordoGuido
Added Version of game

Accidentally went to the tournament area earlier than intended, which led to the Erin/Melia bug before the scholar area, so I just effectively skipped all of Ep13, which also means I don't have Fly nor do I have the Golden Wings. I'm right before the Ryland gym fight and would like Fly so I can go back and grind up a better team for dealing with it than one I currently have. And also be able to do sidequests.

Game.rxdata

When I first took the train back from Route 9 I didn't check the options and went to the stadium, and played up to the Adam fight before I realized that that was a sequence break. I was dumb though and didn't revert to before I got on the train.

Since then I've played a lot and beaten Souta, but now Erin doesn't show up at the library, there's a Claydoll in the National Park, and I've gone to Sashila village, where Damien mysteriously offers to fly me back somewhere.

Help pls?

Edit: nvm, found an old save in a hidden recycle bin thing.

Im stuck with a run-breaking bug with Marianette at the Three Trials, I already saved everyone, their sprites show in the manor and they are all responsive, but Marianette says "One more to go" after saving the last person, no matter the order. Im patched to 12.2, tried going to a previous save multiple times but nothing worked. Marianette is still following me hence I cant progress in the history. After getting some help in Discord I downloaded a debugger and tried to go to the next map, after beating Marianette Badge my sprite becomes invisible after the teleport and Marianette still follows me (invisible too), talking to her crashes the game. So I went back a save, rescued everyone again but Marianette still says "One more to go" and the maids dont take her away after rescuing the last person.

Game.rxdata

so i wanted to replay the game from the start since i wanted to try different paths and got to ch.13 and could not find erin where they are meant to be  to progress the story and was wondering how to fix it? (i have went back to before beating the rift boss of ch.12 and they still do not appear)  

Game_3.rxdata

Edited by soulfire134

I can't play the game anymore since I whenever I encounter a wild pokemon my game crashes, I'm was trying to do the narcissa sidequest when I found out, also it says the problem is caused by using the black flute but I did not use black flute maybe just once, I discarded the flute items I got from itemfinder as well.

Game.rxdata